darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > Unheard/unused music in the Spyro games
Page 1 of 1
Unheard/unused music in the Spyro games [CLOSED]
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#1 Posted: 20:16:31 28/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm sure a lot of you know about the unused music in the original Spyro games and the tracks are really good. Some of them (especially the ones from Spyro 1) are essentially slower (often better) remixes of previous levels, but there were a couple apparently from this game that were completely different to any other tracks I've heard and I wondered where they fit

This one is one of my favorites I've decided, there's a definite Western theme going on, and my (and most other peoples' by the look of it) first thought was the unused boss area in Dino Mines. I don't think they actually used new tracks for other mini-bosses but where else would this track fit if not the only western themed level in the game? I think this would be a really cool track to go with whatever mini boss they were originally planning and it makes me even more curious as to what they were going to do with that originally.

The second one I found was also a brilliant track and even more bizarre. Aside from certain elements that remind me of Scorch's Pit this feels completely different to every other track in the game and doesn't really sound particularly Spyro-y. According to the guy who uploaded it part of the track name said "Haunted Speedway", so whether that was just a name they gave the track afterwards or if it was another level they were planning I don't know. If I were to theorize (be warned this is going to be very out-there) I would say that if they were to actually make the Super Bonus Worlds rather than the one level they eventually ended up with, this could very well have been one of them. It's a very upbeat track and very catchy, and if it was like the final bonus speedway it could well have been something completely different and cooler than the flights in the other worlds. Either way there's some really great tracks and I wish they could have been included in the game.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 20:44:46 28/08/2015
I think these were confirmed fake a while ago, but I don't remember how. It wouldn't surprise me, though, used to have a huge collection and be really into the series and merch but NEVER heard of that demo disc outside of this one source.

They're still cool, though. I like the "Haunted Flight" one best.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:03 28/08/2015 by Arc of Archives
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#3 Posted: 01:46:31 29/08/2015
They're so different to other Spyro tracks, yet at the same time, Spyro 3 had a more "modern" sound, and I don't know why Tom would fake the last two tracks while properly uploading the first seven.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#4 Posted: 02:20:14 29/08/2015
I heard that these were fake. Plus, they sound completely nothing like anything else from the game, it sounds like Enter the Dragonfly, but Year of the Dragon? There's no way, and they sound way too high quality to be on a PS1 game, anyway.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#5 Posted: 14:58:10 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CrystalFissure
They're so different to other Spyro tracks, yet at the same time, Spyro 3 had a more "modern" sound, and I don't know why Tom would fake the last two tracks while properly uploading the first seven.

Yeah I agree, and the thing about Spyro 3 tracks is that while in the first game there was always a repeated section, pretty much every track in that game was completely unique and I think there are definitely some that were they not used in the game and released like these ones people would have been saying 'no they're fake' because the sound of those tracks are completely different to the ones in other games. I think without a level design to put them to they're a lot harder to imagine being in the game.

Quote: RaymanTwilight
I heard that these were fake. Plus, they sound completely nothing like anything else from the game, it sounds like Enter the Dragonfly, but Year of the Dragon? There's no way, and they sound way too high quality to be on a PS1 game, anyway.

People have suspected these are fake to my knowledge but I don't think there was any confirmation. If you look at the rest of the playlist all the others are legit so like CrystalFissure said, why fake the last two? And what do you mean by 'too high quality'? There's ways to get all the tracks to sound better quality unless you mean the content itself.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#6 Posted: 15:31:06 29/08/2015
These are definitely fake. They don't sound even remotely like anything Stewart Copeland would have ever made and there is audio in the first one that comes from a source that didn't exist until years after the game was released.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me