Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Street Sharks and Terrafin [CLOSED]
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#1 Posted: 03:09:38 26/08/2015 | Topic Creator
For a while now I always knew Terrafin reminded me of a cartoon character from when i was a kid, today I finally figured out who it was, thanks to good old youtube lol, it's street sharks, a show about genetic engineered human/sharks looks awfully similar to terrafin,
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Sharks

I'm now curious if TFB took interest from the show when designing Terrafin.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:50 26/08/2015 by jesse217
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 03:20:14 26/08/2015
That is a interesting reference and something I see people bring up all the time. The similarities are pretty uncanny.

Personally speaking, I think originally they were going for a toothy penguin/shark hybrid before going into a more shark like appearance.

[User Posted Image]

I'd really like to see the Designer Bible or whatever they call it with concept art and all that kind of stuff for the games. We've gotten pieces of them (like these ones on the wiki) and we know there's a few users who got books for...Swap Force I think with concept art, but just a few pictures here and there. I'd shell out good money for a book with concept art and stuff because its so fascinating to look at and to hear what the designers and everyone have to say as they polish up and get to the final designs.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#3 Posted: 03:53:30 26/08/2015 | Topic Creator
It would be nice if they could release a collectors edition game where they include an artbook, i'd love to see all the designs that haven't made it yet, even a dvd/ blueray would be nice.

Even if they keep it simple and not include any commentary, something I could see myself willing to get.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4 Posted: 20:34:47 26/08/2015
Fins up if you are actually old enough to remember Street Sharks. *waves my hands* LOL

I'm still wondering if TFB looked at DC Comic's "Bleez" while making Batspin or manga's "Gon" for Chopper...I'm thinking whoever does the figures is a pretty big comic/cartoon fan and borrows ideas from time to time from other existing characters.
---
Stay Cool!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 20:53:11 26/08/2015
I wouldn't say that Terrafin is as JAWSOME as the Street Sharks, but the similarities are definitely there.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me