darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Bought 2 Rare Skylanders which are not working. Can these be Prototypes?
Page 1 of 1
Bought 2 Rare Skylanders which are not working. Can these be Prototypes?
MattyXB Blue Sparx Gems: 821
#1 Posted: 12:52:13 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Skyland...cvip=true&rt=nc

Bought these 2, White Snow Fuzzy Flocked Stump Smash & Clear Tuff Luck. They arrived today. But the Portal not notice these 2. Nothing happen. Nothing with Trap Team Portal and nothing with Swap Force Portal in the Giants game.

So my question, are these Prototypes, are they defect, or are these Fakes?
They looks real for me, very detailed. And maybe these marks on the bottom are numbers for Prototypes?
Why and how should they broken? The chip is inside.

My guess these are Prototypes or for Display only Skylanders for Conventions maybe. But maybe someone knows more about these.

Thanks for any answer and sorry about my bad english, I am from germany and my english is bad.

PS: Notice the date on the Trap Team figure 30. July 2014, but the game released in October. Also the Giants figure has maybe an earlier date then the game, when the 8 means August.
---
Fav: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie Cynder Toy Fair, Hex Toy Fair
smilie smilie smilie Bash Blue, Cynder Crystal, E3 Chrom Spyro
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:25 24/08/2015 by MattyXB
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 12:55:29 24/08/2015
The chip can be inside but it can be a defect one. I wouldn't know how to prove if they're real, but prototype is very unlikely; one is a chase variant and another is an Activision employee exclusive figure, they don't have ingame versions.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:13 24/08/2015 by Bifrost
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#3 Posted: 13:17:16 24/08/2015
MattyXB,

since the description states "You are bidding on a USED Skylanders Giants White Snow Flocked Stump Smash & Clear Tuff Luck figures. This is for the figures only. Please note that they are used and there is markings on the bottom of the figures. Email me if you have any questions."
and does not mention that they won't work in the game, you have a legitimate eBay case to open up.

We have to buy from eBay to obtain some harder to find chase variants, and sometimes they do arrive not working, and if the description does not state that the figures do not work, the seller is implying they do.
So we would recommend to open up an eBay case saying that the figures don't work, and state your troubleshooting methods: different portals, different games, different consoles, etc.

Good luck!
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 15:50:19 24/08/2015
I'm wondering if they are going to hide behind the "figure only" comment. It's clearly evident they are passing this off as a working rare figure...open up a case (not as described). eBay loves buyers not sellers now, so you'll do fine.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 16:08:57 24/08/2015
Hmm. My Tuff Luck pre production sample has similar markings.

Looks like you have some test sample figures. They're basically just regular non working figures.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
MattyXB Blue Sparx Gems: 821
#6 Posted: 16:37:40 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow, thanks for the answer Matteomax.

I have think the same or that they Display figures for Shows, because the dates are earlier then the game releases (not notice this before I buy them). I am happy, that I got some Rare Samples figures without knowing. I think these are rarer and harder to get then regular Versions or the Variants, which are working.

Bad that they not working, but I am a collector, who also like and collect Prototypes, Samples and Demos from games. So they fit great in my collection. :-)
---
Fav: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie Cynder Toy Fair, Hex Toy Fair
smilie smilie smilie Bash Blue, Cynder Crystal, E3 Chrom Spyro
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#7 Posted: 16:08:57 27/08/2015
There not prototypes, prototypes are not complete final productions and wishfull thinking that there "display" figures. If you don't hear a chip rattling inside it was more than likely taken out which is why the listing said figure only when buying on eBay your always taking a risk I see it as a last ditch effort for hard to find items. Also anyone can write some numbers on the bottom of the base unless you get verified proof from the seller I say you got ripped good lol. Looking at the listing it clearly stated "if you have any questions email me" maybe you shoud ask more questions before blindly buying something shoots even reading the listing would have helped it says "figures only" what did you think that it ment? In the end you blindly bought a item with out contacting the seller to discuss the quality and condition of the items if they work properly, if there legit, and you gotta remember the listing speaks for it self.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#8 Posted: 00:32:26 28/08/2015
Quote: Czar Mania
There not prototypes, prototypes are not complete final productions and wishfull thinking that there "display" figures. If you don't hear a chip rattling inside it was more than likely taken out which is why the listing said figure only when buying on eBay your always taking a risk I see it as a last ditch effort for hard to find items. Also anyone can write some numbers on the bottom of the base unless you get verified proof from the seller I say you got ripped good lol. Looking at the listing it clearly stated "if you have any questions email me" maybe you shoud ask more questions before blindly buying something shoots even reading the listing would have helped it says "figures only" what did you think that it ment? In the end you blindly bought a item with out contacting the seller to discuss the quality and condition of the items if they work properly, if there legit, and you gotta remember the listing speaks for it self.

Well, he could open a case with eBay you know. And I'm pretty sure it's relatively standard to put "If you have any questions, email me" on listings.
---
Dead
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#9 Posted: 22:40:29 28/08/2015
The reason it is a standard is because eBay sellers want potential buyers to contact them with any and all questions about the item on bid/sale. When I bought stuff on eBay I always contacted the seller and asked detailed questions on what ever I was considering bid/buy, pictures can be misleading and most sellers do not mind sending you pics of the item or video of the item working to prove to the potential customer of its condition and working properly. It's up to the buyer to contact the seller with questions and concerns before bidding/buying and when I would sell on eBay potential buyers would email me for shots of the item at certain angles and pages for proof of stated condition in case something like this happens, sure he or she can open up a complaint but all it will do is hurt the seller because of someone's failure to ask questions before committing to bid/purchase.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 14:26:21 31/08/2015
Czar, I own dozens of prototype figures. These are, no doubt, production samples, which are figures with perfected paintjobs that basically serve as an example on how they should look. Several prototypes I own have dates and numbers on the bottom of them.

The one I own, a Tuff Luck sample, was bought before Trap Team was even released.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:47:10 31/08/2015 by Matteomax
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#11 Posted: 07:29:56 01/09/2015
I was going to say to call activ with the info and ask them per their replacement plan to see if you could get two working ones, but Matteo seems to know his stuff and if he's saying they are protos then they more then likely are.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me