Page 1 of 1
What Figures To Get?
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 15:14:22 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Assuming I head out to get Trap Team soon (which I very possibly may do), I want to get four Trap Masters and three core figures (not including Snap Shot or Food Fight). The minis don't mean much to me, and the traps are more secondary from what I understand, so I am not as concerned about those.

Anyway, the seven I have my eyes on are Enigma (my definite favorite design so far), Knightmare, Gearshift, Shortcut, Deja Vu, Bat Spin, and Torch. As you can tell, as far as the designs themselves go, I mostly look for characters that are either "gothic", or female.

As far as the play styles go, I like the complex ones who are difficult to use, but absolute powerhouses when used correctly (like Hex or Trap Shadow) or ones that play differently than all the other characters and are so unique they almost feel like a different game (such as Star Strike or Sprocket).

So knowing this, who would you suggest I get, and who would you suggest I think twice about before buying?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 15:17:35 21/08/2015
Personally I've only played Enigma and Short Cut of those, and Short Cut is fairly unique on his abilities, but Enigma is really poor on his (though really amazing design kind of makes up for it)
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#3 Posted: 18:08:49 21/08/2015
Fitting the "either gothic or female" idea and the "complex and hard to play" idea, I would suggest Spotlight. A female dragon with complicated powers. She is a lot of fun to play.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#4 Posted: 20:35:21 21/08/2015
it depends on if you want to 100% the game or not, if you do your going to want 1 trap master of each element and a trap of each too, cores dont help at all, if thats not the case then i think its all up to you.

only one on your list that ive played as is knightmare, she my favorite by far, strong and fast but attack speed isint that fastest so you got to dance in and out of enemy attack range, alot of fun to play as.

as for gothic, blackout but hes male. krypt king too but hes really hard to find now.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#5 Posted: 23:05:50 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Alphawolf
it depends on if you want to 100% the game or not, if you do your going to want 1 trap master of each element and a trap of each too, cores dont help at all, if thats not the case then i think its all up to you.

only one on your list that ive played as is knightmare, she my favorite by far, strong and fast but attack speed isint that fastest so you got to dance in and out of enemy attack range, alot of fun to play as.

as for gothic, blackout but hes male. krypt king too but hes really hard to find now.

Yeah I don't care about 100%-ing this one. Only two I'll do that for is Swap Force, and possibly Superchargers if all you actually need is the three vehicle types.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#6 Posted: 01:45:18 23/08/2015
^You miss out on the bonus missions if you don't "get em all" fyi.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 01:13:28 24/08/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
I mostly look for characters that are either "gothic", or female.

Isn't Echo a goth female? She has black highlights which is very "goth" and spikey bracelets/necklace which is punk/goth. Humanized, she probably would be the very thing you'd want. The shells on her head is earphones, so she could be the Skylanders equivalent of My Little Pony's Vinyl Scratch, a clubber girl that loves music. There doesn't seem to be much Echo love out there, so it's hard to determine what she really is all about, but I always considered her to be a goth type.
---
Stay Cool!
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#8 Posted: 20:17:04 24/08/2015
i would call echo a punk rocker, not really goth. she just always lost in her music.
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#9 Posted: 06:32:21 31/08/2015
I going get Spotlight soon.
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#10 Posted: 09:35:39 31/08/2015
I am off to buy a Batspin / Fryno / Cobra Cadabra 3 pack
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#11 Posted: 10:10:56 31/08/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I am off to buy a Batspin / Fryno / Cobra Cadabra 3 pack

I was gonna suggest the OP look for this triple pack.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#12 Posted: 07:24:57 01/09/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
Assuming I head out to get Trap Team soon (which I very possibly may do), I want to get four Trap Masters and three core figures (not including Snap Shot or Food Fight). The minis don't mean much to me, and the traps are more secondary from what I understand, so I am not as concerned about those.

Anyway, the seven I have my eyes on are Enigma (my definite favorite design so far), Knightmare, Gearshift, Shortcut, Deja Vu, Bat Spin, and Torch. As you can tell, as far as the designs themselves go, I mostly look for characters that are either "gothic", or female.

As far as the play styles go, I like the complex ones who are difficult to use, but absolute powerhouses when used correctly (like Hex or Trap Shadow) or ones that play differently than all the other characters and are so unique they almost feel like a different game (such as Star Strike or Sprocket).

So knowing this, who would you suggest I get, and who would you suggest I think twice about before buying?

Trap masters are needed to get thru elemental gates so you may want to consider getting one of each elements trap master and you may want to consider getting one of each elements trap to use the villains (u can trade out the diff villains in the vault in the game so u only need one of each element) You also should get a kaos trap if you'd like to caught Kaos and use him for replay purposes etc.

Gamestop is currently doing a Buy 2 used get 3 free. You could prob find some trap team guys for cheap if you don't mind used. Also Walmart has some stuff cheap online that's new and used atm.

You could also consider the dark edition starter set if you can find it cheap enough as it comes with a few more things thou i'd compare its cost to a regular one as the regular is prob far more discounted and def easier to find.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me