Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Skylanders: Battlecast News Topic [STICKY]
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#1 Posted: 12:07:12 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator

Welcome to the Skylanders Battlecast news topic. Post any news you find on this topic. I will try to update as often.

Skylanders

Air: (None)

Life: Stealth Elf

Undead: Krypt King

Earth: (None)

Fire: Spitfire

️Water: (None)

Magic: Spyro

Tech: (None)

Dark: (None)

Light: (None)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:16:03 18/08/2015 by GigaCamo
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 12:10:36 18/08/2015
The question is where do these cards come from? Since they have characters that aren't in SuperChargers, I doubt they are included with the figures. They will probably be just like Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, etc. where you have to buy packs of cards. I'm not sure what the stickers are for, then, unless they are just promoting it. Or maybe the stickers will also unlock the characters in the game. It's good to know what Battlecast is (which still doesn't seem to be the game we saw the developers playing with a few months back), but there are still questions about the stickers use, if anything.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 12:11:28 18/08/2015
If these guys twist their faces more in fake joy they'll get their jaws stuck in place.

But... Eh, Battlegrounds with cards. More things that I don't want to buy - the artworks are even the outdated SSA ones for those who had it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 12:27:26 18/08/2015
Not my cup of tea definitely but it's nice to see their are trying to expand the franchise with all these ideas (and also try to appeal to a slightly older target it seems).

Pretty much Battlegrounds with cards, really.
The cards look good but I'm not interested in those kind of games.

Still didn't understand how they dealt with regular cards inside packs (heard they have been fused with stickers... Somehow...) but if they want to experiment they at least have the card game now, so they can leave the legacy cards as they are.

Found a small article regarding the game:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/...tlecast-ccg-tcg

Apparently you can also buy the cards digitally but don't know if the purchase will require real of fictional money.

Artworks are actually mixed.
Spyro has his S1 art but Stealth Elf has her S2's.
And Spitfire has the legacy Fire background (hoping will be the same for... "stickards").

Maybe the character cards have their first artworks on while their abilities are represented using newer or brand new ones... Or maybe there will be multiple artworks per characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:40:24 18/08/2015 by Drek95
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#5 Posted: 12:36:06 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm getting it but I'm going to test my Bluetooth Portal first before overbuying loads of cards.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#6 Posted: 12:38:55 18/08/2015
They hired "older" actors for this ad. Nice to see they are conscious about the growing average age of gamers. Or maybe is just that this game is targeted towards an older audience.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#7 Posted: 12:45:38 18/08/2015
But on the good side, this will add a bit to the lore since some of these abilities might not be actual attacks. As much as Lost Islands quests do, but with the state that game is on, beggars can't be choosers.
---
#8 Posted: 12:45:58 18/08/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
I'm getting it but I'm going to test my Bluetooth Portal first before overbuying loads of cards.

Don't think you are going to need a Portal to play it.
Just scan the cards with your tablet or smartphone's camera and you are done. smilie

True they might add some little details.
For example I never saw before that cabbage creature but it might belong to Broccoli Guy and Food Fight's species.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:52 18/08/2015 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#9 Posted: 12:51:25 18/08/2015
Quote: GigaCamo

So apparently it's a card game.

Interesting.

Also, Spyro has a different standing pose than he does in the games, did he get a new one for SSC? I think it's possible, he did get a new walking and jumping animation for Trap Team.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#10 Posted: 12:55:21 18/08/2015
Is there a Camo Card ?
#11 Posted: 13:00:23 18/08/2015
Mostl likely.

Pretty sure there are cards for all the existing Skylanders.
Bowser and Donkey Kong... Don't know.

They shouldn't be playable on non-Nintendo systems... But maybe the 3DS has something special in store for them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:48 18/08/2015 by Drek95
#12 Posted: 13:01:36 18/08/2015
I need it then ...
#13 Posted: 13:02:07 18/08/2015
Skystone: Skylanders of Skyland

...In another thought this might be the worst parody name I attempted.
---
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#14 Posted: 13:11:32 18/08/2015
Here is the full press release: http://www.businesswire.com/ne...n/#.VdMg_pf2Rh4
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#15 Posted: 13:15:29 18/08/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Skystone: Skylanders of Skyland

...In another thought this might be the worst parody name I attempted.

Is that supposed to be a pun on Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft? How about
Skystone: Heroes of Skylands. Sound batter? Gah! I mean better?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#16 Posted: 13:17:17 18/08/2015
I wonder if Bowser and Donkey Kong will make an appearance in this. After all, Nintendo is entering the mobile market in the near future.

Merged and split a few topics to create this one.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#17 Posted: 13:18:47 18/08/2015
Is it me or does it seem extremely slow? The load in and battle animations seemed to crawl along. I'd get bored with this really quickly unless it's about three times faster.

I guess this is to cover the card game market, something I never got into so I don't fully understand the appeal of it but the hobby seems more digital these days. Are we still getting our normal pack in cards with the figures or is this the reason why we're not?

I'm betting that Baa-ttle Cast image I found was exactly as others said, just a little game some interns made up to show at their yearly party. Makes you wonder how far in advance the know what they'll release..perhaps up to Sky 8 by now? LOL Early this year I saw an Activision patent filing where they had wearable accessories to mod your Skylanders, so I'm still expecting to see that some year. Still amazed at how people can be so quiet about this stuff until the official news release.
---
Stay Cool!
#18 Posted: 13:30:43 18/08/2015
These are all of the press images that I received:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Please do not quote this!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:33:53 18/08/2015 by TTD
#19 Posted: 13:34:18 18/08/2015
Swole cabbage guy is kinda scary. But considering we haven't actually seen many enemy types in most levels of SC, it might be from the farm one...? Either way, still not too interested, unless the codes unlock characters or spells in the game. It's hard enough to import toys.
---
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#20 Posted: 13:34:38 18/08/2015
Quote: fairyland
Is it me or does it seem extremely slow? The load in and battle animations seemed to crawl along. I'd get bored with this really quickly unless it's about three times faster.

I guess this is to cover the card game market, something I never got into so I don't fully understand the appeal of it but the hobby seems more digital these days. Are we still getting our normal pack in cards with the figures or is this the reason why we're not?

I'm betting that Baa-ttle Cast image I found was exactly as others said, just a little game some interns made up to show at their yearly party. Makes you wonder how far in advance the know what they'll release..perhaps up to Sky 8 by now? LOL Early this year I saw an Activision patent filing where they had wearable accessories to mod your Skylanders, so I'm still expecting to see that some year. Still amazed at how people can be so quiet about this stuff until the official news release.

Skylanders SuperChargers loading screens are long, you're going to hate that.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 13:45:13 18/08/2015
Quote: angelg
They hired "older" actors for this ad. Nice to see they are conscious about the growing average age of gamers. Or maybe is just that this game is targeted towards an older audience.

No, their recognition is a good thing.

This looks interesting, but why can't I use my existing warehouse of 300+ cards from my figure collection to play this...must pay more money you say? smilie

The only other problem is the fact that they have a poor track record of keeping these side mobile games alive for more than a year or two, so not sure I'd invest a ton into this.

This looks like they took the Crayola technology and applied it here...the game does look fun and entertaining.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#22 Posted: 13:52:10 18/08/2015
Really dislike. Gameplay so far looks/sounds extremely simplistic, and considering how the frozen heroes idea has been tossed aside I doubt the cards will get interesting lore as to why they work how they do. And it'll probably be fairly expensive... For just cards you focus the camera on, which is an underwhelming concept compared to figures you scan that save data.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#23 Posted: 14:15:06 18/08/2015
Looks promising. I doubt I would need a bluetooth portal for this and only scan cards to do so. I don't have a bluetooth portal and don't know how to find one alone without going online. It's like a new trading card game but with the magic of skylanders added to it.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#24 Posted: 14:34:17 18/08/2015
The game will offer the opportunity to buy the digital cards via in-app purchases. To me, this is one major beef I have with the game, I hate microtransactions in games and have always been against them. So I'll definitely be picking up the physical cards, if you don't want to see microtransactions in future games, I advise that you avoid paying for in-app purchases.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#25 Posted: 14:35:57 18/08/2015
Hey, hey guys.

Don't complain about cards anymore.

Also, yeah this looks interesting. Might end up buying a few packs to test it out, but other than that, not super excited. Well, I am excited for cabbage dude. That guy looks awesome.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#26 Posted: 15:34:11 18/08/2015
Only in app card I would buy is camo.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#27 Posted: 15:40:20 18/08/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Hey, hey guys.

Don't complain about cards anymore.

Yeah, because instead of having them packed in with our figures as has been the standard, now we have to buy them separately. Nothing at all to complain about there! /sarcasm

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#28 Posted: 15:41:03 18/08/2015
lol I love seeing what finally makes the hunters delete something on the news feed. I made a post that was asking if the normal cards would continue to come with Super Chargers since they now have a card game and it get's nuked...way to take a stand guys with all the other crap in that thread....lol.

Anyways, it looks kind of lame to me. I have no desire to pick up an extra 1 v. 1 card game (and it's cards) that looks kind of lack luster (so far). I would much rather have traditional pvp in my Skylanders game but it looks like this might be their answer to those that want pvp..../ehh.

I could see them charging for cards now and taking them out of the figure packs so they don't "confuse" consumers that get cards with the figures....see still relevant to this thread (more so than a lot of others). Or do we know for sure that the Figures still come with stat cards?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#29 Posted: 15:52:05 18/08/2015
Quote: Tigorus
lol I love seeing what finally makes the hunters delete something on the news feed. I made a post that was asking if the normal cards would continue to come with Super Chargers since they now have a card game and it get's nuked...way to take a stand guys with all the other crap in that thread....lol.

Anyways, it looks kind of lame to me. I have no desire to pick up an extra 1 v. 1 card game (and it's cards) that looks kind of lack luster (so far). I would much rather have traditional pvp in my Skylanders game but it looks like this might be their answer to those that want pvp..../ehh.

I could see them charging for cards now and taking them out of the figure packs so they don't "confuse" consumers that get cards with the figures....see still relevant to this thread (more so than a lot of others). Or do we know for sure that the Figures still come with stat cards?

I believe there's some sort of sticker/card hybrid that comes with the figures, but still not 100% sure.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#30 Posted: 15:52:54 18/08/2015
Tigorus, read the posts above yours before assuming someone has anything against you. TTD said to move discussion to here, if you ignored it's your fault.

On the cards, these aren't stats and probably can be only used for Battlecast, too little info to create a game about just them. And gotta say, I liked the new elemental backgrounds and was looking foward to getting the cards with them. Buying separately is only harder and more expensive for me since importing doesn't get any cheaper, being a small card pack or an entire figure pack(maybe on weight, but not on base price). I'll probably get for my favorite landers if at all.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:58:26 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
#31 Posted: 15:59:08 18/08/2015
Tigorus, read the posts above yours before assuming someone has anything against you. TTD said to move discussion to here, if you ignored it's your fault.

Bifrost, just stop...OMG.

AGAIN, I was bringing up the fact that I don't think we have official conformation that stat cards will continue to come worth the figures. That is relevant to Super Chargers since it would be the first expansion to do so. I could see them charging for cards now and taking them out of the figure packs so the don't "confuse" consumers that get cards with the figures....see still relevant to that thread (more so than a lot of others).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:42 18/08/2015 by Tigorus
#32 Posted: 16:03:06 18/08/2015
Mod posts have Hunter backgrounds for a reason, don't take it out on me.

We've seen the stats under the figures; they're either part of the stickers or really really small cards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:30 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
#33 Posted: 16:08:52 18/08/2015
Mod posts have Hunter backgrounds for a reason, don't take it out on me.

We've seen the stats under the figures; they're either part of the stickers or really really small cards.

What I'm asking you to stop is your apparent need to police almost every thread you're in. I know what I posted was relevant especially when compared to others in that thread...it's a freaking train wreck and maybe about 10% news. Again try the search feature and see what happens.

On topic:

Anyone else get a watered down "Eye of Judgment" vibe from this? I just wish it had a legit game instead of just 1 v. 1. Maybe they're review other game modes.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#34 Posted: 16:13:52 18/08/2015
What's to keep people from just posting pictures of the cards and people scan the pictures? That may be frowned upon, but I wonder if there's something to make the cards unique (much like the sticker codes). From everything I see, though, it doesn't seem like it. I also wonder if the digital cards can be bought with in-game currency, much like gems/gold in Lost Islands, etc.
#35 Posted: 16:17:48 18/08/2015
Quote: obidawsn
What's to keep people from just posting pictures of the cards and people scan the pictures? That may be frowned upon, but I wonder if there's something to make the cards unique (much like the sticker codes). From everything I see, though, it doesn't seem like it. I also wonder if the digital cards can be bought with in-game currency, much like gems/gold in Lost Islands, etc.

That was one of the things that killed E.O.J. People could print cards to avoid buying them and they could also cheat in multiplayer matches. I really thought the industry was over this. Unfortunately digital cards are the only way to ensure fair play, and that people are buying cards. Maybe they aren't worried since it will mostly be kids.
#36 Posted: 16:24:17 18/08/2015
Quote: Tigorus

There is always a note attached to a moderated message, your's reads 'Please use the appropriate topic to discuss Battlecast'. That doesn't mean don't post it on the forum, it means post it here. If you have a problem with that, leave a message on my guestbook or PM me. As for it being relevant, in my opinion it's borderline but when you bring it up, it will get replies regarding battlecast which will ultimately result in the topic being derailed (which has happened a lot recently, we don't need it to be derailed again).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:16 18/08/2015 by TTD
#37 Posted: 16:39:28 18/08/2015
@ TTD

I understand the need to be preemptive regarding off topic monitoring. I was a little miffed at having mine deleted when there were so many other posts regarding the card conversation and other various concerns. I did try the search to see if another topic was created but I couldn't find it in the main search field. I know I don't have to tell you how crazy that news feed thread has gotten and was taken aback at my posts being singled out above the other totally off topic posts when mine was relevant. Some times it's daunting to go through that thread. I was only trying to address that concern and not actually talk about BattleCast. There are more than a few users that are concerned that the cards, in the traditional since, are not in Super Chargers figures. Especially now that they can be purchased. I could see a company like Activision totally yanking the free cards and have us pay for cards that work in another game.

Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#38 Posted: 16:41:13 18/08/2015
The Skylanders twitter says that the plot has Kaos actually trapping the Skylanders in the cards. Strange.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#39 Posted: 16:47:18 18/08/2015
Quote: Bionichute
The Skylanders twitter says that the plot has Kaos actually trapping the Skylanders in the cards. Strange.

Confirmation that he totally wins in Super Chargers....marketing is lore...lol. This is all making me dizzy. If he wins and is able to trap Skylanders after Super Chargers then how are we able to control him through his trophy in Super Chargers. Sorry mods I don't see how we can only talk about one game without talking about the other (no sarcasm, the line are blurring lol).
#40 Posted: 16:56:33 18/08/2015
@Tigorus
The SuperChargers will be packaged with cards (as evidenced by the video below).

These cards are merely a succsessor to the TOPPS trading cards that we have seen in previous years.

EDIT: If you are discussing the other game because of a connection in the story ect, it's fine. Also, don't overthink it, it's just some marketing speech to make sense of the story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:22 18/08/2015 by TTD
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#41 Posted: 16:59:07 18/08/2015
I always found the Topps cards to be useless. What do you even do with them, other than collect them?

Battlecast cards would be better as they have an actual use.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#42 Posted: 17:06:37 18/08/2015
Quote: TTD
@Tigorus
The SuperChargers will be packaged with cards (as evidenced by the video below).

These cards are merely a succsessor to the TOPPS trading cards that we have seen in previous years.

EDIT: If you are discussing the other game because of a connection in the story ect, it's fine. Also, don't overthink it, it's just some marketing speech to make sense of the story.

I've seen that video and Wes says they "think" but they don't officially confirm (to my knowledge no one has). I thought I did see somewhere though that either showed or speculated that there will be one sticker sheet/stat card that will come with the figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:16 18/08/2015 by Tigorus
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#43 Posted: 17:49:28 18/08/2015
May I just say how I find it weird how this game is coming out Fall of 2016? I mean, by then, the sixth Skylanders game will be out, if not close to being out, if they do make a sixth game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#44 Posted: 17:59:30 18/08/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
May I just say how I find it weird how this game is coming out Fall of 2016? I mean, by then, the sixth Skylanders game will be out, if not close to being out, if they do make a sixth game.

The video just says "Coming 2016". Where did you see "Fall"? I just assumed it would be like January - March. Activision is also telling people on Facebook there will be a special preview app releasing on 9-20-15.

https://www.skylanders.com/vid...ders-battlecast
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:51 18/08/2015 by Tigorus
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#45 Posted: 18:01:08 18/08/2015
I would like to collect the cards if there's a place that will stock them around here or if they are cheap online to buy. I won't go the micro transaction route as that has burnt me in the past.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#46 Posted: 18:42:18 18/08/2015
I hope the cards aren't blind bags.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#47 Posted: 18:43:15 18/08/2015
Blind buy card packs, oh joy!
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#48 Posted: 18:53:06 18/08/2015
They probably will,but I hope it's not in the pokémon TGC bling bag sense of 'get whatever and hope you can actually play with it'. Maybe a random Skylander,spell, etc, in a set, even if there's still the element of not knowing who you'll get,but you'll at least get something.
---
#49 Posted: 19:32:58 18/08/2015
Personally I only see them going the "blind" booster route. I'm fairly positive this will follow the base model of other CCG's and have some kind of random element. Now that doesn't mean they can't make elementally themed decks like a Life Team and ability deck or Spell heavy decks all having a predetermined set of cards. The rest would be supplemented with boosters. I'm also wondering if there's a way to play the cards off line. We only have an ipad mini and I don't intend to get a newer ipad just for this game. The stats and abilities appear to be easy to read on the card so it seems likely. While Pokemon is one blind booster system of many, they at least also give you a code for an online booster as well so you are essential getting two packs. One being digital and one physical. I believe others do this as well but Pokemon is one that I know does.
#50 Posted: 19:59:04 18/08/2015
Someone in the FB asked for them to bring PVP back and their response was that Battlecast would have PVP. Because hack-and-slash gameplay is the same as card gameplay.
---
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me