Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Entire set value of all 4 games?? [CLOSED]
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#1 Posted: 12:42:02 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Well me and kids are selling the complete unused skylander set of all 4 games.. Every figure, every in gane variant and every trap plus the superchargers car from e3.. I'm not posting this for buyers, just advice.. They are all mint unused, open but have packages.. Would it be better to sell separately or as a complete set? If we did sell the set, would $500 be too much to ask? Thanks guys and gals!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 21:15:39 16/08/2015
Well, this person didn't even have every skylander, and they sold it for $650

I'd say at least ask for in the thousands.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:47 16/08/2015 by mega spyro
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#3 Posted: 22:44:03 16/08/2015
$500 is super low in my opinion. I'd buy an entire collection for that!! I'm not sure what price tag I'd put on a complete set. I'm sure most people wanting a whole set would want them boxed. Seems like us open figure collectors are out numbered.

If you're going to sell it piece by piece, PM me. I need variants to finish my collection. Maybe we can work out a deal.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 03:02:48 17/08/2015
Bottom line: selling in huge lot is largely discounted (people that need them all is probably few and far between), you can maximize value of "rare or difficult to find" figures by separating them out. Don't ask anyone to do the research for you because they (and we) won't. Kinda brutal, but reality. Everyone wants a good deal. You want a good number. Knowledge is power.
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#5 Posted: 03:09:54 17/08/2015
I can confirm that the amount is exactly a lot of money.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
#6 Posted: 04:04:07 17/08/2015
A lot of money, huh?

SlickP Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#7 Posted: 16:14:29 17/08/2015
Like always, the more time you put in the more money you will get out....
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 18:25:41 17/08/2015
Ok, I'm going to jump on the grenade and be "that guy." I have some serious doubts that, unless this is some sort of secondary, tertiary, etc., collection, that they're all unused. The OP might have reset them all, but having all four games plus every figure, accessory, trap (including the 3 that have never officially made it outside of Australia), etc. and them all never having been used by the OP and their multiple kids just stinks of "nope."

If this isn't a duplicate collection that was purchased specifically for display purposes, two questions immediately pop into my mind:

1. Why on earth did the OP even bother to purchase them all?
  2. Assuming the OP's kids are like most and would have a great interest in playing with all of these toys that were opened near/with them, what does it say about this situation that the kids (supposedly) weren't ever allowed to actually play with anything as was intended?

OP, if this is a duplicate set, rock on, get as much as you can and don't sell in a lot unless you just can't/don't want to be bothered posting all of the harder to get goodies separately. If it's not a duplicate set, I am dying of curiosity about the two questions I posted above.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#9 Posted: 21:25:57 17/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Everyone on here that knows me knows I collected 2 of everything! They are ALL unused! This is my personal adult collection, and I didn't open them until we ran out of room to display them in a china cabinet.. Don't be a troll Doug, as this seems out of character for you bro! Just wanted to get some opinions from my fellow members.. I'm in a bind and don't have time to do my homework. And yes, fit the curious ones, my kids already sold their collection. Thanks for EVERYONES input! Love you guys/gals!

Sorry Doug, didn't finish reading everything when I got upset and replied!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:32 17/08/2015 by skylander_chaos
#10 Posted: 21:38:51 17/08/2015 | Topic Creator
And believe me, I had NO intentions of ever selling! I love skylanders, but with 4 kids it's just getting too costly seeing how the 5th game is about to drop
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:23 17/08/2015 by skylander_chaos
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#11 Posted: 15:46:41 18/08/2015
Quote: skylander_chaos
Everyone on here that knows me knows I collected 2 of everything! They are ALL unused! This is my personal adult collection, and I didn't open them until we ran out of room to display them in a china cabinet.. Don't be a troll Doug, as this seems out of character for you bro! Just wanted to get some opinions from my fellow members.. I'm in a bind and don't have time to do my homework. And yes, fit the curious ones, my kids already sold their collection. Thanks for EVERYONES input! Love you guys/gals!

Sorry Doug, didn't finish reading everything when I got upset and replied!

No worries, I'm just not that familiar with you and not at all with your home situation, which is why I was cautious about wholeheartedly being a jerk. smilie With it being a second, adult-only owned collection, sure, go nuts--not need for my (or anyone's) approval and you have been alleviated of any judgement. I just didn't know for certain that these were extras and an entire set of everything in a house with you + unknown number of kids (at the time) sounded kind of fishy and/or cruel, as I can't imagine not playing with our Skylanders with my son (when he's old enough) or letting him play with just about anything toy-wise that's around the house. Sorry that you were the semi-target of my semi-kneejerk reaction!

Quote: skylander_chaos
And believe me, I had NO intentions of ever selling! I love skylanders, but with 4 kids it's just getting too costly seeing how the 5th game is about to drop

I understand that completely, and I've only got one so far! SuperChargers is not going to be kind to anyone who's a completionist, so I'm glad to see all of the content and features that they've managed to cram into the game to fend off the wolves for a bit.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#12 Posted: 06:14:08 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks Doug! I remember you bud, always a good guy! That's why I was confused! It's all good ;-).. And for all interested, it is a complete 4 game set with all "in-game" variants only.. Meaning NO flocked, clear, fuzzy, solid, or anything like that.. Luckily I never opened those, and was able to sell for a few grand...
---
#13 Posted: 14:13:00 19/08/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Ok, I'm going to jump on the grenade and be "that guy." I have some serious doubts that, unless this is some sort of secondary, tertiary, etc., collection, that they're all unused. The OP might have reset them all, but having all four games plus every figure, accessory, trap (including the 3 that have never officially made it outside of Australia), etc. and them all never having been used by the OP and their multiple kids just stinks of "nope."

If this isn't a duplicate collection that was purchased specifically for display purposes, two questions immediately pop into my mind:

1. Why on earth did the OP even bother to purchase them all?
  2. Assuming the OP's kids are like most and would have a great interest in playing with all of these toys that were opened near/with them, what does it say about this situation that the kids (supposedly) weren't ever allowed to actually play with anything as was intended?

OP, if this is a duplicate set, rock on, get as much as you can and don't sell in a lot unless you just can't/don't want to be bothered posting all of the harder to get goodies separately. If it's not a duplicate set, I am dying of curiosity about the two questions I posted above.

-Doug

Doug,

The corner of my room looks like SkyMall, as I actually purchased duplicates on the first two games that remains unused and boxed. It happens. But your reasoning makes absolute sense.
#14 Posted: 11:14:10 07/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok getting some pics for all the people interested.. Just PM me your email, thanks!
---
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#15 Posted: 14:05:21 07/09/2015
Pm sent! 8-D
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#16 Posted: 14:19:15 07/09/2015
pm sent ! 8)
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me