Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Help with collection value I'm considering purchasing.
Page 1 of 1
Help with collection value I'm considering purchasing. [CLOSED]
flak_mangnet Red Sparx Gems: 22
#1 Posted: 20:54:14 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Hi folks,

Great forum here. My son and I are going to have a lot of fun here. smilie

A local person is selling a collection and I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's a mix of Giants, Swap Force and Trap Team characters. The main issue is they do not have any of the cards. They are asking $200. I count about 80 figures in total. They are also including 3 traps, but I we already have all 3.

Can anyone give me any input please? Are they worth $200, especially considering the cards are not included?

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Thanks in advance. I'm really hoping you folks can help out. My son's 9th birthday is Saturday and he would lose his cookies if I get this for him. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:43 12/08/2015 by flak_mangnet
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 20:56:03 12/08/2015
Well depends. If you really want the cards, then probably no.
If you can be fine with it, or maybe just print some on cheaper paper, then yes, definitely.

IS THAT A SPARKLE HOT HEAD or just a custom in the back there?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#3 Posted: 21:00:10 12/08/2015
Thats an no pen sparkle hot head, that thing sealed is pretty rare.
---
Hahahahaha
#4 Posted: 21:52:24 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Thank you!

I've read that you can't play online without the cards. Is this true? I've never tried. If so, is it only Trap Team or other games as well? That was really my only concern about the cards. The online play codes.

This is on WiiU, by the way, not sure if that makes a difference.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#5 Posted: 22:06:28 12/08/2015
No it is the stickers that have the codes, not cards. I think it is a good deal,.
---
Hahahahaha
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 22:25:29 12/08/2015
Glitter Hot Head is extremely rare. Too bad it's missing an arm.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it to be honest. Lots of the figures are broken or missing parts.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#7 Posted: 22:29:29 12/08/2015
Chill
Head Rush
Prism Break
Glitter Hot Head
are the ones missing pieces that I see

But if you're missing a bunch of the others, then $200 is fairly reasonable.

In the game, you can access the codes. Therefore you don't need the cards or stickers.
Judaschrist0240 Blue Sparx Gems: 668
#8 Posted: 00:31:10 13/08/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Glitter Hot Head is extremely rare. Too bad it's missing an arm.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it to be honest. Lots of the figures are broken or missing parts.

$150 is fair
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#9 Posted: 00:47:29 13/08/2015
All that for $200? Seems fair.
#10 Posted: 01:49:56 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator
You guys have been a great help. I can't thank you enough. I didn't even notice the broken ones. I didn't think that white one was Glitter Hot Head because in the first pic, it looks like there is gold near his feet and I couldn't find a single pic online with gold on Glitter Hot Head.

The seller was initially asking $300, but I explained I didn't really need or want the portals or Xbox games, not to mention the carrying cases. She came down to $250 without the games or portals (we already have Swap Force and Trap Team for WiiU). She had no other bites on the site where she posted them and offered me $200.

I think I'll offer $175 and see what she says. I don't want to rip her off, but I don't want to get ripped off either.

Thanks again folks. I really appreciate your input. After my sons birthday Saturday, I'm gonna show his this site and get him all signed up so we can learn more from you guys together. smilie
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#11 Posted: 15:01:38 13/08/2015
That definitely looks like Glitter Hot Head. That's pretty crazy. It's almost painful to see it opened, not less broken! If only the parents knew of its rarity, they would probably be sick to their stomachs smilie. And what is that black dragon next to Prism Break? Is that some custom or a variant I don't recognize? If there are 80 figures, that comes to about $2.50 a figure, which isn't bad at all, even if you are counting the magic items in that count.

Unless you are very concerned about the cards, I wouldn't worry about them. The codes are only for entering them into mobile games like Lost Islands, Battlegrounds, etc. If you can find a bluetooth portal, you can enter them in that way. I believe Trap Team, though (maybe Swap Force...I can't remember) lets you put the figures on the portal and get the code, anyway, so you don't necessarily need the code stickers. I don't know where you heard about needing them to play online. There really isn't anything online, and if you are talking about Superchargers, I highly doubt that's the case. There was an online game called Skylanders Universe that you needed the codes for, but they shut that down back when Giants was out.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 15:11:21 13/08/2015
That's just a Green Gill Grunt, obi.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 02:02:58 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, I missed it. I offered $150 and she told me it was already sold. I'm kind of pissed at myself for waiting. My little guy would've freaked when I gave this to him. Ah well, he needs a bigger bike anyway. smilie

He does have about 20-25 Skylanders, so he's not in the Skylander poorhouse. smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#14 Posted: 02:34:38 14/08/2015
Sorry to hear that... try an ebay lot for 150 to 200. There are always several. I got most of mine from the first three games for a fraction of their retail value.
---
Stay Cool!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#15 Posted: 03:34:44 14/08/2015
Quote: flak_mangnet
Well, I missed it. I offered $150 and she told me it was already sold. I'm kind of pissed at myself for waiting. My little guy would've freaked when I gave this to him. Ah well, he needs a bigger bike anyway. smilie

He does have about 20-25 Skylanders, so he's not in the Skylander poorhouse. smilie

thats why you dont wait if you have the money, all of that load for 200 bucks? that was a steal. simply put since most characters even without cards you could still do stuff with and the fact it was over 80 figs alone made them about 2 or so each. compared to buying for all games, that's one way to have an easy investment for over four games without having to spend a fifth of what it would cost. big lesson to learn here is you jump on a good deal for this, otherwise you'll easily regret it and miss it on the hesitation.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#16 Posted: 03:58:17 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
It's all good. I waited to find out what they were really worth as I'm really not knowledgeable in the second-hand Skylander market. . You guys gave me the lowdown, but I was a bit too late.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me