Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Suggestion to add a "This!" feature on posts.
Page 1 of 1
Suggestion to add a "This!" feature on posts. [CLOSED]
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1 Posted: 17:28:00 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
( Or any option that allows the user to know that someone has agreed with them. )

I'm very tired of seeing filler posts such as "This!" or "^" to let a user know that you agree with them, when a simple feature could be added to do the same job. And maybe the user who made the original post can get a notification to notify that someone 'This'd' one of thier posts.

The only downside I can think of is the younger users seeking to get 'This'd' to get attention and popularity.

Please, Dark52? :3
---
My life is complete.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 17:33:37 07/08/2015
Same as liking posts, though, which I think Dark declined.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#3 Posted: 17:36:28 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
^ I'll check back with you in a bit...
---
My life is complete.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#4 Posted: 18:44:48 07/08/2015
no.

i hate like features on websites, as it always end up with popular users or cliques just harvesting likes while other users barely get any chance to shine.

the reason i've even been staying on this site in the first place is because everyone here feels like a family and not we're all just worshipping and kissing the feet of 3 select users.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:06 07/08/2015 by MoonHorizons
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#5 Posted: 18:55:10 07/08/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
no.

i hate like features on websites, as it always end up with popular users or cliques just harvesting likes while other users barely get any chance to shine.

the reason i've even been staying on this site in the first place is because everyone here feels like a family and not we're all just worshipping and kissing the feet of 3 select users.

I agree with this entirely. Also, it would be very annoying if you'd get a "this" mesege every 10 minutes.
#6 Posted: 19:00:36 07/08/2015
Places I've seen it work on are usually forums with a userbase of young adults or over; it was hard seeing someone get spammed with likes outside of contests, art threads or particularly insightful discussions. But with kids under 13 olds in here it'd just become a mess, since we already have people going attention seeking with no gain(at the most gems).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:55 07/08/2015 by Bifrost
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 08:09:29 08/08/2015
no.

Pretty much this.

Not to mention the inclusion of a "like" system can warp the way people post, making users try to post in a more popular manner (or force humor) in attempt to get the most likes.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#8 Posted: 17:39:19 08/08/2015
Also there's a possibility of harassment to users with less likes. For example some user with more likes can act like a bully to others because they have more likes than other said user like "What do you know? You only have 4 likes." But yeah havbg that one group of users that like every post that their friends make will be very annoying. And in my opinion this forum's audience is too young to have a feature like this.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#9 Posted: 03:24:37 11/08/2015
Quote: somePerson
Also there's a possibility of harassment to users with less likes. For example some user with more likes can act like a bully to others because they have more likes than other said user like "What do you know? You only have 4 likes." But yeah havbg that one group of users that like every post that their friends make will be very annoying. And in my opinion this forum's audience is too young to have a feature like this.

I can somehow imagine someone being a jackass and saying that.

Really, it would just make the site feel more like facebook, tumblr etc.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#10 Posted: 06:09:22 11/08/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Same as liking posts, though, which I think Dark declined.

no.

Quote: BlackWing116
no.

I agree with this entirely. Also, it would be very annoying if you'd get a "this" mesege every 10 minutes.

Quote: Bifrost
Places I've seen it work on are usually forums with a userbase of young adults or over; it was hard seeing someone get spammed with likes outside of contests, art threads or particularly insightful discussions. But with kids under 13 olds in here it'd just become a mess, since we already have people going attention seeking with no gain(at the most gems).

Quote: CAV
no.

Pretty much this.

Not to mention the inclusion of a "like" system can warp the way people post, making users try to post in a more popular manner (or force humor) in attempt to get the most likes.

Quote: Mrmorrises

I can somehow imagine someone being a jackass and saying that.

Really, it would just make the site feel more like facebook, tumblr etc.

THIS!
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#11 Posted: 08:47:45 11/08/2015
This is why posts with 'this' should be spam, actually.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 21:46:01 12/08/2015
It annoys me enough when people post "This."
I would like it even less if it was turned into some sort of "like" system, for the reasons mentioned above.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me