Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Day One stories. [CLOSED]
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#1 Posted: 04:39:12 03/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I am so sorry if this is the wrong place or against the rules, but I am fascinated with reading people's stories from the first day of hunting and buying. So any, any at all?
---
Hahahahaha
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2 Posted: 08:15:26 03/08/2015
I got to Target during launch day of Swap Force, right when they open. I'm walking out o the store with my haul and right as I head for the door a pile of people storm in to get the new 'Landers and I'm just like "I AM THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM"
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#3 Posted: 20:00:45 03/08/2015
Swap Force was my only Day One grab. When I got to my EB Games, the shelves past the front desk was literally flooded in SSF figures. I think I remember going into TRU last fall not knowing TT was out that time, but I don't remember how many figures were there as I stopped playing skylanders at the time.

Not that I want to get SSC, but if I can, go to a store at SSC Day One and see the massive hoard of them and enjoy it. Day One appears to have the best stock.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#4 Posted: 20:15:12 03/08/2015
It was a month or 2 after Giants had released, I was in my local Sears with my mom so she could get a new phone, and there it was. Right before me, I saw Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. I had a lot of money saved up for an xbox, but I decided to get that game instead. It really popped out to me. I decided to go in order of the series and get Spyro's Adventure first. That same day I still had a lot of money and went to Walmart to buy a 3 pack of Eruptor, Chop Chop, and Bash. While I was there, I also got Drill Seargent and Voodood. Next I decided since I had a bit more money left, I went to Toys R Us. I bought another legendary 3 pack, one of them was Stealth Elf but I can't remember the others. While I was there I also bought the 3ds version. And to finish off the rest of my cash, I got the Sunburn adventure pack, which contains my favorite skylander up to this day.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 20:23:20 03/08/2015
SSA I got to the store after noon to pick up my starter pack. They had a bunch of these cool looking "Adventure Packs" too; Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt. They were on sale...buy one get one free when you get the starter pack i think, so I picked one of them up too. And so it began.

Giants I actually waited in line at TRU for. Nothing really special, chatted with some parents in line about the game and felt silly there until some younger teenage people showed up. I think I went over to Target after that to get Granite Crusher and a few Wave 2 guys I was shocked to see.

Swap Force I figured I've been in the game long enough; don't buy stuff at launch because they'll have ridiculous sales through the year. I picked up Swap Force with a sale at TRU after Black Friday and also got Super Mario 3D World on sale because of the deal they had going on.

Trap Team I simply got on vacation during Black Friday. It was kind of fun and also kind of crazy to wait out in line and it not be freezing. Thanks South Carolina. Love, an Ohioan.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#6 Posted: 21:59:42 03/08/2015
Never had a day one, waited till last year to get into skylanders, got ssa and sg with a box of figures on ebay for 30$, got STT in march at target for 80% off and SSF last month on ebgames.ca for 15$.

SSC will be my day one since ordered the dark edition, but with my VIP pass i can cut in line to grab it.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#7 Posted: 23:06:32 03/08/2015
During the launch of Spyro's Adventure, I chatted with a Best Buy employee after he saw that I was buying the game. He saw that I had Stealth Elf and said his favorite character was Drobot.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#8 Posted: 03:42:59 06/08/2015
Got everything that was available for TT at TRU that was out. Went Day one also for the Light & Dark packs as well. Been pretty lucky with TT. So, like just about everyone else, all. I need are the Yawn traps. Of my collection, I have only one NIB figure: Snowderdash.
Not bad for someone who has 255 figures.
Looking forward to Day one of SSC.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#9 Posted: 01:34:12 07/08/2015
Trap Team day one,first in line at TRU got my starter set, a multi trap pack, a couple of Trap Masters and a 3 pack that had Funny Bone. Then went to Gamestop to pick up my dark stater set,Gearshift and grabbed a Hot Dog and an extra Scratch
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#10 Posted: 22:38:17 08/08/2015
I pre-ordered Spyro's Adventure online and it got delivered first thing in the morning. My boyfriend and I played the game for a bit and then we went to Asda to see if they had any more Skylanders, but the only one they had at the time was Drill Sergeant so we bought him.

As soon as Giants got delivered, I went to GAME and bought Crusher, S2 Whirlwind and Chill. When my boyfriend came round, we went to Asda to buy some more figures and they were still taking them out of the boxes when we got there. The only ones I remember buying there were Swarm and Pop Fizz.

When Swap Force arrived, we went to Asda and bought Magna Charge, Free Ranger and Rattle Shake as well as the two Wave 1 triple packs.

I didn't pre-order Trap Team. Instead, I went to Asda to buy it, but they didn't have the starter packs or any of the figures out yet so I went to GAME and bought the Wii U starter pack, Wildfire, the Magic minis and the Nightmare Express adventure pack. I wanted to get a trap of every element on day 1, but GAME didn't have many so I went to TRU and bought the triple packs.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#11 Posted: 10:00:56 09/08/2015
Why would anyone do a day one and pay full price ? Patience is a virtue and saves your pennies too .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:03:50 09/08/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#12 Posted: 23:38:03 09/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Because a lot of us are impatient people who can't wait to get the game ASAP.
---
Hahahahaha
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 14:42:53 11/08/2015
there was no day one for SSA for me. i waited until christmas.

Giants, i want to walmart at 6am and got crusher, fright rider, pop fizz, and the GITD Starter.

Swap force, i got A LOT at toys r us when it opened.

Trap Team, i went to gamestop, traded in stuff, and walked out with a starter, krypt king, and more.
#14 Posted: 20:18:26 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
What's it usually like at TRU on day 1? Is it really crowded, almost vacant, reasonable? Do they usually have a lot of stuff or is it limited? Please answer.
---
Hahahahaha
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#15 Posted: 20:21:00 12/08/2015
Picked up Giants and a lot of release figures Day One at Target. (all new ones but Swarm/Fright Rider - got Granite Crusher and not normal)
Otherwise I've waited for birthday/Christmas/sales every year.
This year I will pick up a few figures at release but wait on the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:28 12/08/2015 by weebbby
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#16 Posted: 20:47:16 12/08/2015
Being such a fan, it is definitely a slight torture to see all the figures come in and have to wait about a week and a half to actually buy them.

I usually am in charge of the launch at my work and have the toys prepped and ready to go for the next day launch. Every year I hope that our location will do a midnight launch but that is yet to happen.

After the stressful tear down and put up of the new feature shop. It then is just a matter of time before the store closes and the carts of unpackaged Skylanders get rushed to the floor.

Once the pegs are full and we are ready for the launch. I just stare for a moment and take in that a new chapter of Skylanders is about the be unfolded before me. All the excitement makes it very difficult to sleep as I get ready for the next day and plan my haul.

I have done this since Giants and every year is the same. Stress to get the job done and the excitement of getting the new figures. The hunt, the purchase and the gameplay. Nostalgia at its finest!!!

Plus it is fun to see all the young Portal Masters rush in and grab the new product the next morning!!

Can't wait for it again. Can't wait to see the new figures!!!
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#17 Posted: 19:07:53 16/08/2015
I remember when i go swap force for wii. My dad bought it for me whilst i was at school and he was on his lunch break and i got the starter kit, pre order bonus' lightcore hex and the ufo hat as well as a poster and my most anticipated swap force character magna charge! and i completed it in 6 days. To this day it still is the game which i have beaten the quickest.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me