darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Am I the Only One who Absolutely Loved Trap Team?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Am I the Only One who Absolutely Loved Trap Team?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#1 Posted: 17:44:11 01/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Trap Team was my 2nd favorite game from the series, behind Spyro's Adventure. I just loved the whole concept where it was mostly based around combat. The Trap Team was my favorite concept other than normal cores yet. It was the only game I had the willpower to earn 100% in. The gameplay was iffy, but I just love the game altogether and the characters were just amazing to me, cores, Trap Team, and Villians. Anybody feel the same?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 18:01:50 01/08/2015
It was fun, the lineup was amazing(maybe not in number or requirements, but in design), but it's still a 'good, but not AS good' opinion for me compared to SSA and Giants. The harder modes ate a lot of my enjoyment because of how frustrating it gets with the combination of ridiculous health plus unfair enemy AI, while in Giants even Nightmare is a lot of fun. I also prefer the supporting cast of Giants a lot more, even if in terms of story both are kinda equal in quality. I'll hear Ermit be bitter any day over Buzz repeating THAT'S THE TICKET a dozen times or Mags overusing food expletives.
Oh yeah, and Traptanium Gates, even if they weren't that the elemental zones are also so short and sometimes don't even bother having some sort of puzzle. Giants wasn't only cheap to just have your regular collection to go through, they were also big enough that even in non-100% playthrough they were a great distraction.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 19:34:26 01/08/2015
Nope you are the only one who contradicts yourself .

It cannot be your second favorite game if you absolutely love it .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:16 01/08/2015 by Dark fhoenix
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4 Posted: 20:59:44 01/08/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix

No, you can love something a lot but still have something you liked more.
---
Hahahahaha
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#5 Posted: 09:29:31 02/08/2015
I really liked Trap Team, but I also like the rest of the skylander games (also Swap Fórce). My favouriteis still Giants.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#6 Posted: 11:39:33 02/08/2015
I liked TT and the only thing that put it back in my opinion is the two name puns.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 15:10:30 02/08/2015
As a fan of the franchise, I've absolutely loved and disliked many things about all the games. This is no exception. They've yet met my personal taste in terms of "the perfect game". In terms of levels/content, the main game in TT is great. In terms of what to do after the main game, it's absolutely horrible. I loved the Kaos Challenge, but becomes little more than a ground to upgrade your skylanders after the main game is complete. At least 2 of the 4 adventure packs were horribly short and unsatisfying. Trapping villains was cool, but the taste of using all of this plastic now in future games is up in smoke. Compounded with this is the fact that neither heroics or quests are in this, so the amount of time I spent in this game went down at least 60% as compared to previous games.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:11:52 02/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 16:11:12 04/08/2015
I kind of liked it but it is the worst in the franchise for me. There's nothing to do with your characters after levelling up and upgrading, there isn't enough content, the gameplay has been made worse, I don't like the use of Villains and lots of the characters are weak compared to new guys.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#9 Posted: 22:19:51 04/08/2015
the amount of stuff you need to buy for it ruined for me and it lacked content Swap Force had, and it was GLITCHY as heck in multiplayer (AHEM bouncepads)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#10 Posted: 01:30:03 05/08/2015
I didn't really dig villains either ( just something extra to do while doing your levels) and the glitchy bouncepads are definitely worth mentioning.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:30:34 05/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#11 Posted: 03:59:38 05/08/2015
It's my least favorite of the series, but I don't think it's a bad game, just lacking in much needed content, and many more things I could go on about.
Still a okay game.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#12 Posted: 16:47:38 09/08/2015
While this game is BY FAR my favorite in the franchise I we can't deny this is the most hated/ underrated in the franchise while SWAP Force is the most liked/ overrated in the franchise. It's funny because SSF is my least favorite in the franchise.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#13 Posted: 17:18:11 09/08/2015
Quote: wreckingballbob
I kind of liked it but it is the worst in the franchise for me. There's nothing to do with your characters after levelling up and upgrading, there isn't enough content, the gameplay has been made worse, I don't like the use of Villains and lots of the characters are weak compared to new guys.

This. Villians are pretty much OP *coughcoughKaosMagiccoughcough*. Nightmare wasn't fun because of this either. Enemies were very unoriginal or where just the standart villians on weaker stats.

Many of the new characters where weak compared to the older ones. most of the older ones got huge damage boosts yet where HORRIBLE to play with (Worth mentioning glitchy Giants here). I didn't enjoy playing as the old guys at all becuase they where all so horrible. That was the saddest IMO.

Quote: Kevin16
the amount of stuff you need to buy for it ruined for me and it lacked content Swap Force had, and it was GLITCHY as heck in multiplayer (AHEM bouncepads)

All those traps aren't worth it. Swap force had so much more to it and please don't even mention bouncepads.

Quote: TakeYourLemons
I didn't really dig villains either ( just something extra to do while doing your levels) and the glitchy bouncepads are definitely worth mentioning.

Just, the same. Villians weren't funny at a moment anymore.

Quote: Badwolfmichael
It's my least favorite of the series, but I don't think it's a bad game, just lacking in much needed content, and many more things I could go on about.
Still a okay game.

On the end, its still not a bad game. I was just done with it too quickly which made it quickly a not-liked game IMO.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#14 Posted: 18:26:33 09/08/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
While this game is BY FAR my favorite in the franchise I we can't deny this is the most hated/ underrated in the franchise while SWAP Force is the most liked/ overrated in the franchise. It's funny because SSF is my least favorite in the franchise.

This, so SO much.
---
Dead
#15 Posted: 19:02:29 09/08/2015

I feel like this is the other way round. Swap Force seems to be more least liked than Trap Team.

We'll put this to a poll.

http://strawpoll.me/5164974
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:27:25 09/08/2015 by wreckingballbob
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#16 Posted: 20:16:35 09/08/2015
EDIT: ^ Be sure to post it on the game pages for the two of them. Might get more votes then.

Quote: mega spyro

This, so SO much.

Yup this.
Though this one was kind of short in comparison to all the others. But the gameplay excels.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:30:01 09/08/2015 by weebbby
#17 Posted: 20:35:02 09/08/2015
Quote: weebbby
EDIT: ^ Be sure to post it on the game pages for the two of them. Might get more votes then.

Okay, done we'll see what the overall vote is.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9943
#18 Posted: 20:39:25 09/08/2015
Swap Force is divisive, but definately not as much as TT. SF people are usually meh or like it, but those who don't definately don't like it. TT has a lot of good, a lot of bad, a lot of good on bad parts, a lot of bad on good parts; it'd be easier to ask if someone likes certain mechanics than the game as a whole.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#19 Posted: 15:22:28 15/08/2015
While it is my favorite of the series so far under many aspects it does lack that special something which made SA and to a lesser extent Giants feel so magical.

Might be the lack of truly dark and serious settings (like Kaos' Lair or the Undead levels) or the fact it doesn't seem to aknowledge Portal Masters as much as those two previous chapters did or... Something else entirely.

Traptanium Elemental Gates sincerely didn't help either.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#20 Posted: 21:39:43 16/08/2015
Well the characters weren't at all interesting, playing as Jet-Vac, Lob-Star, ChoP Chop, Zou Lou, and Hoot Loop, just to name a few was like going through ****, it was NOT AT ALL COMBAT FOCUSED (Lock Puzzles in SF were quick, air combat at the beginning of lot's of cool levels. the first three levels, were very boring to replay because the combat was boring or too easy)
AND MOST OF ALL, the physics and combat engine SUCKED SO BAD. Enemy hitboxes were odd, they didn't get stunned or experience knockback after a hit, and thus felt very sterile, and their physics were terrible in how they felt hits.

So I wish the question you asked had a universal answer of YES.

(I used to hate Swap Force too, but I gave it some time, and I do think it's a more solid complete and relaxing game to play nowadays)

I really sincerely hate Trap Team tho.... With a passion
Swap Force still feels new and fresh and unique, wher I felt like I knew everything about TT before it came out
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:46:24 16/08/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#21 Posted: 03:20:42 17/08/2015
I liked it, but found the other entries to be stronger.

Trap Team comments:

+New Skylander designs were mostly well done.
+Skylander Academy proved satisfying.
+The new lock puzzle was a lot of fun.
+Kaos Doom Challenge is a nice addition.

-The chapters/story felt shorter in general compared to past entries.
-Glitch multiplier moments, especially the bounce pads. I play almost exclusively co-op, so this was frustrating.
-Little content once the story is completed.
-Too many toys to buy to get anywhere near 100%.

Overall, the positives are only minor, while the negatives are noticeable issues.
#22 Posted: 04:00:47 17/08/2015
^ That sounds even handed and consistent to most people's opinions. I felt the levels were the right length, and they had more of them. In SC we're back to 12-13 range, so we may be back to much longer levels again (although broken up into much smaller save points). My #1 complaint in TT was no REAL reason to play the game after story mode was complete, as I had already done Brock's Challenges and completed Kaos Challenge by the end of the game--and the fact we had too much to buy relative to the content. Definitely felt like a 20-30 figure game to me, not the 80 it became.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 21:25:02 19/08/2015
Still haven't finished Midnight Museum's time goal or the Skaletones minigames. It's taking me longer than SF to complete everything Kappa

I didn't notice many glitches and yes, there are some big and frustratingly unpredictable ones (PS4's corrupting saves, anyone?), though I feel like people overblew some of them. To be fair, I never tried this game's co-op, which I hear is really spazzy. I never liked co-op in this series.

I love the villains. They're actually one of my favourite things about this game and probably my favourite gimmick. They have great personality and are a nice addition to the gameplay. Trying each one and different Skylander/villain combos is really fun. Also, their dialogue (when out-of-use) really has a lot of charm. Don't get me wrong, their balance is very poor and some have terrible movesets, but I feel like they were still an excellent idea and most are still really fun to use. I like them a lot more than I expected to and they just keep growing on me.

I hate the way vehicle gameplay looks, so you can probably guess how I feel about villains' relegation in SC (which I'm not buying until every figure is out, maybe not at all).

But that's off-topic. Overall, I feel like this game has a lot of personality and is extremely fun when I embrace the villains (they screwed whatever balance the actual Skylanders had), otherwise the poor balance, lack of variety and some iffy game design bring it down somewhat. If it makes sense, I think TT isn't as immersive as SA or polished as SF, but more pure fun. The villains are great, the artistic direction is wonderful, plus I like how there are so many characters to play as- it's pure mindless fun to plop whoever I want on the Portal and rush through the Doom Challenge or a level with them, admiring the creativity of this game. It's just that unless I'm in a certain mood, it probably won't grab me and have me keep playing, like SA or SF. Pure mindless fun only lasts so long before you're bored of it. TT had some great ideas and charm, but somewhat sloppy execution and lacking postgame.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: at its worst, I find TT boring to play but still visually stimulating. And that's better praise than I can give Giants and most of the 3DS/mobile entries.
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 22:02:41 19/08/2015 by Arc of Archives
#24 Posted: 02:00:30 20/08/2015
Agreed, but I wouldn't try and compare the technical merits of their flagship product against a "companion" product like 3DS. We should expect more from the flagship.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#25 Posted: 06:01:13 20/08/2015
But I did mention them.

SF laughs at it and it isn't quite as good as SA, but I think it's still a very good game and far more fun than *yawn* Giants.

Only reason I didn't more is because I've already done it before (there was a topic about it a couple months ago, and I did it a few times on other sites) and I think comparing these games just isn't that interesting anymore. I've criticised these games to death, the other games even more than TT, and I pretty much understand all my opinions on how they compare at this point (side games included- Giants 3DS sucks and I consider only Battlegrounds to be worse, SA 3DS da bes and a top 5 entry).
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 06:20:11 20/08/2015 by Arc of Archives
#26 Posted: 09:41:13 20/08/2015
I am gonna have to say Swop Force had a unique feel to it . Trap Team feels a bit rushed sort of like Giants.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#27 Posted: 13:09:41 21/08/2015
Quote: Swap Force Fan
Trap Team was my 2nd favorite game from the series, behind Spyro's Adventure. I just loved the whole concept where it was mostly based around combat. The Trap Team was my favorite concept other than normal cores yet. It was the only game I had the willpower to earn 100% in. The gameplay was iffy, but I just love the game altogether and the characters were just amazing to me, cores, Trap Team, and Villians. Anybody feel the same?

Totally agree with you. Trap team has been my favourite by far, all the villains sthings and the design of sveral skylanders were great.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#28 Posted: 10:36:06 20/09/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Still a okay game.

Ditto.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#29 Posted: 03:47:20 26/09/2015
Personally I think it's a better game than Superchargers.

It probably is my favorite Skylanders game to date.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
#30 Posted: 22:15:14 10/10/2015
Every game has stuff I like and don't like. I've learned to like the game "for what it is".... in my mind you may like or dislike certain games/features for various reasons, but in my opinion the franchise is still in a very good stride. My only problem is the amount of wall space I'm seeing for Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Dimensions, Infinity, etc....it's a very crowded market now which played heavily on Activision's reasons for "pulling back" this year.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:51:17 11/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#31 Posted: 13:13:38 11/10/2015
I played SSC. I still like STT alot more.
#32 Posted: 15:25:26 11/10/2015
That Kaos end fight was probably the best in the whole game series .
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#33 Posted: 08:43:53 12/10/2015
my dislike serious started with trap team. but with that said, after i did see what ssc turned into. i think trap team is pretty okay.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#34 Posted: 21:14:43 05/11/2015
I know this topic is long abandoned, but I said I'd come back to say more once I've played Trap Team for a while, and I have. I've played it for about ten to twenty hours now, and honestly? I think it's ***ing incredible. There are problems with the spending, such as Traptanium doors, or the one that irked me the most, buying the Knight Mare single pack only to realize I can't get her Soul Gem now.

The actual game though? It's great. The level designs are just perfect. Every level brings me pure joy as I play and replay them. One of the problems with Swap Force is it had generic levels, but Trap Team just aces at this. The boss fights are engaging and for the most part, creative. The talking portal has me laughing every time I hear Maskermind, Broccoli Guy, or Chill Bill. As I've said, I have played ten to twenty hours now, but I've only just now finished the eighth chapter. I don't think this game is as puny as others say.

The combat could be better, and the old figures are downright laughable in this. Wash Buckler looks like an ant! Like all of the games, this one too has its problems, but I do love it, and... I might actually like it more than Swap Force.
#35 Posted: 21:17:33 05/11/2015
I played SSC. I still like STT alot more.

Ya know, after the dust has settled...I'd tend to agree actually. Both are the "Best" and the "Worst" in many regards.
#36 Posted: 14:22:59 07/11/2015
Still playing Trap Team . Still loving it . The talking villains kinda makes the portal seem "haunted".
---
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#37 Posted: 20:18:01 15/11/2015
I think your the only one that loved it !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#38 Posted: 01:34:08 24/11/2015
Ok....
[User Posted Image]
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#39 Posted: 03:05:51 02/12/2015
Honestly, It was my least favorite in the series, but Superchargers really made me appreciate this game a hell of a lot more now.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#40 Posted: 23:55:25 02/12/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Well, I went back to it a couple of weeks ago... I still saw why I liked it, but I was also bothered by its flaws a lot more and got bored quickly. I think I'm tired of Skylanders as a whole, though. I played SF (my favourite) yesterday, but it didn't hold my interest very long. I think I should just take a break from the series, although it comes up so often in my conversations, it's gonna be hard to do.

i took a break when they did the ssc, and i am glad i did, that game is horrible.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#41 Posted: 00:09:02 04/12/2015
I was REALLY disappointed when I saw that the only elemental gates in Trap Team could only be opened with the Trap Masters, unlike the previous games where any Skylander could open them if they were the right element. It just kept souring my enjoyment when I would see a gate of an element I already a character of, but of course they couldn't get in because they weren't one of the Super Kool New Skylanders! or whatever. I also had most of the same nitpicks everybody else had with the game(Lack on content beyond the story mode levels, certain villains being way too OP).

The story was much more entertaining than Swap Force's, however, with the scenes Doom Raiders being the most enjoyable parts. The main boss fights were more fun and fast paced, too, and the levels were more or less on par with the last game.
#42 Posted: 00:32:59 04/12/2015
Wow that Dream Sheep final battle for 3DS was a real stinker and way too easy .
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#43 Posted: 01:53:45 16/12/2015
I think that Trap Team could have done better if they spent more time ironing out all of the glitches. I have a problem with freezing in Dreamcatcher's level, and I've seen multiple cases when two Shrednaut enemies attempt to fight each other, but neither of them do any damage to each other. I've never actually experienced the bounce pad glitch, but I don't have anyone to play multiplayer with.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#44 Posted: 14:56:55 16/12/2015
Quote:
but of course they couldn't get in because they weren't one of the Super Kool New Skylanders!

They did a sucky job on the "must have" Trap Masters and their gimmick powers . It would have made more sense if Traptanium crystals were blocking the "elemental" gates .

Another great idea would have been to sell the traps exclusively with the Trap Masters only . There is no real plausable link between traps and Trap Masters .
---
#45 Posted: 21:29:20 31/12/2015
i have been playing it all december, i am warming up to skylanders6 now, and i hope the skylanders6 will be best ever and give us more of what we really want. a true awesome skylanders dungeons brawler smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
tPaperBomb Red Sparx Gems: 87
#46 Posted: 13:52:30 23/01/2016
Quote: Dark fhoenix

No, he can absolutely love SSA too.
---
Current Main Skylander: Fling Kong! smilie
Skylanders collection count: 45
1 magic item, 3 vehicles.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me