Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Video Game Recommendation topic
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
All-Purpose Video Game Recommendation topic [STICKY]
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1 Posted: 17:28:07 26/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Requesting a sticky on this.

Basically just a whole thread to keep recommendation topics from cluttering this subforum up.
---
words. letters. filler.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#2 Posted: 17:40:21 26/07/2015
bless
-
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#3 Posted: 19:15:03 26/07/2015
SUNKY.MPEG

http://gamejolt.com/games/sunky-mpeg/78243

best...game...EVER
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#4 Posted: 19:08:16 27/07/2015
EVERY PAPER MARIO GAME.

except for sticker star imo it was tolerable
---
My life is complete.
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#5 Posted: 04:30:45 28/07/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
EVERY PAPER MARIO GAME.

Every Paper Mario game except for every Paper Mario game except the first two (*cough*theonlygoodones*cough*)

Oh and if you haven't played Splatoon yet go buy that now. Probably the best game so far this year.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#6 Posted: 04:51:34 28/07/2015
EVERY PAPER MARIO GAME.

Super Paper Mario defiantly.

-Borderlands 2. Play it. JUST DO IT.

If you have a PsVita
- Dangan Ronpa series (Dangan Ronpa, Super Dangan Ronpa 2, Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode)
- Freedom Wars
---
Gay 4 GARcher
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#7 Posted: 15:22:36 28/07/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
EVERY PAPER MARIO GAME.

Super Paper Mario defiantly.

-Borderlands 2. Play it. JUST DO IT.

If you have a PsVita
- Dangan Ronpa series (Dangan Ronpa, Super Dangan Ronpa 2, Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode)
- Freedom Wars

I've been thinking about getting a Vita for a while (mainly for BlazBlue and Sf x Tekken), what are some good platformers?
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#8 Posted: 07:46:02 29/07/2015
Dust: An Elysian and Freedom Planet are pretty great.

Also Metroid and Phantasy Star are god-tier IMO. I really should play the 'classic' Phantasy Star games eventually (I started with Portable and have yet to play anything pre-Online except for the one time I played Phantasy Star II and wandered around aimlessly like a headless chicken).

Are the first two Atari Godzilla games any good? I only have Unleashed and I was wondering about the rest of this 'series'.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#9 Posted: 09:50:22 02/09/2015
Rune Factory, the entire series. (though if you want to skip 2, that'd be okay.)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#10 Posted: 12:01:29 07/10/2015
Ratchet and clank. Any, they are all amazing
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#11 Posted: 12:06:10 07/10/2015
ARK: Survival Evolved. Sure, it's a little rough around the edges, but it's a pretty great game, especially if you're a dinosaur fan.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#12 Posted: 13:20:23 10/10/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot
Ratchet and clank. Any, they are all amazing

Much agree. They're one of the very few reasons I want Sony consoles.

Banjo-Kazooie. First one is best, Tooie is great. Nuts & Bolts is good but not nearly as good and isn't nearly the same. Grunty's Revenge is amazing.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#13 Posted: 09:57:28 06/11/2015
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
This is perhaps one of my favourite games of all time. It's so good. I replay it at least once every month. Yeah, it's that good. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is created by locking the Sonic 3 cartridge and the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge together. You can play them separately and they'll still be a ton of fun but playing them together just makes the experience that much better.

Even better, the soundtrack is composed by Michael Jackson.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14 Posted: 21:54:40 23/11/2015
I should recommend Pac-Man World series. It's a series of platform games with classic Pac-Man elements. Much people probably know the first World, for PSOne and GBA. But, I think that not everyone played the sequels. World 2 keeps a similar style while adding some interesting things, like various different game styles with vehicles and other items. World 3 has a more dark tone, more story development (but not so much) and a more combat-focused game. The last one was Rally, that is a Kart game with some World elements. It's not as good as Mario Kart or Crash Nitro Kart, but it's fun.
---
Bruh
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#15 Posted: 00:15:56 12/12/2015
I'm considering buying a PS4 but I don't want to buy it if there aren't any games I'd like on it. Simply suggest any good games, no matter the genre. Convince me to get this thing.

For some info, the only current gen system I have is a Wii U and the only Playstation game I have played before is Kingdom Hearts 2 for a short bit. This'll be my intro to Sony.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 00:39:23 12/12/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I'm considering buying a PS4 but I don't want to buy it if there aren't any games I'd like on it. Simply suggest any good games, no matter the genre. Convince me to get this thing.

For some info, the only current gen system I have is a Wii U and the only Playstation game I have played before is Kingdom Hearts 2 for a short bit. This'll be my intro to Sony.

Being sincere, I should recommend you another Sony console, if you're thinking about exclusives. But, if you're thinking about the multi platform games not released in the Wii U, PS4 or a good PC would be a good choice. But, about exclusives, I think that past Sony consoles (or a PSTV) should be better. But, you know, the PS4 exclusives are very popular. I'm only saying this because it's not my gaming taste.
---
Bruh
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#17 Posted: 17:46:45 20/05/2016
Monster hunter 4 ultimate
Pokemon
Undertale
Super smash bros
Super Mario maker
---
smilie
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#18 Posted: 18:34:32 18/06/2016
Can anyone recommend some good Wii U games? I'm having difficulties finding something that I'm interested in.

I already have:
Splatoon
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker
Hyrule Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Earthbound
Super Mario Maker
Nintendo Land
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#19 Posted: 00:04:41 19/06/2016
^ Sorry bro, I don't have a Wii U so I've never really looked into games for it. >.<

Am I allowed to ask for some recommendations based on previous games I've enjoyed?
I've been stuck for good games lately. X'D
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#20 Posted: 04:15:21 19/06/2016
Octodad!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#21 Posted: 10:12:15 13/07/2016
Thank you! I've been asking for this for a good while.

Now then...

Should I get The Witcher 3 now or wait for a complete edition? For that matter, at what point allow the game to be patch because I heard the patches changes the game quite a look compared to the vanilla edition.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#22 Posted: 16:15:48 13/07/2016
awesomerockets: Have you looked at Freedom Planet or Shovel Knight? If you like platformers, I couldn't recommend them any higher. If you like RPG's, I recommend Super Mario RPG, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or one of the Mega Man Battle Network games. Lastly, there's also the Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is pretty good value, being three full games in one.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#23 Posted: 19:55:30 12/08/2016
I search a huge rpg with a rich story and lore and lots of contents similar in gameplay to dragon age or the Divinity series...I seen the baldur's gate series on Steam but don't know if it's worth it I only have 23,03$ left so not something too pricey.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#24 Posted: 11:44:57 26/08/2016
Left 4 Dead 2

Garry's Mod

Zoo Tycoon 2 (if you get mods and have a big animation and good recording software you can make some pretty shwifty machinimias,i have my own <3)
Spore Galactic Adventures
Sims 2
Skylanders Trap Team
Undertale
Minecraft (trust me, it isnt as bad as you think)
Deadpool game
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
Just cause 2
Just cause 3
Haunt the house terrortown (nice and cheap, good for halloween)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (ahh childhood)
Super Smash Bros (the wii u one, lel)
Mario Kart (wii, 7 or 8)
Batman Arkham Knight

thats all i really can recommend, also can anyone tell me how good these games are?:

Overwatch
Fallout 4 Xbox 1
Rocket League
Minecraft Xbox Edition
Street Fighter V

also whats a good pokemon, legend of zelda or mario game?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:47:28 26/08/2016 by BatWolf
#25 Posted: 11:56:37 26/08/2016
Quote: fyra
I search a huge rpg with a rich story and lore and lots of contents similar in gameplay to dragon age or the Divinity series...I seen the baldur's gate series on Steam but don't know if it's worth it I only have 23,03$ left so not something too pricey.

try elder scrolls or fallout, but if your looking for more medieval game-of-thrones-style genre mporg then skyrim is probably the best one, my fav is skyrimbut oblivion looks pretty good too
elder scrolls is great if your a big dragon and other mythology fan
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:57:25 26/08/2016 by BatWolf
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#26 Posted: 13:17:05 26/08/2016
Quote: BatWolf

All of the main Pokemon games are pretty good. (red/blue, x/y, etc.)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Any "Mario and Luigi" game
Any "Paper Mario" game (except Sticker Star)
Super Mario World
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#27 Posted: 17:22:47 06/09/2016
I would recommend Skylanders: SuperChargers (console version) to someone new to Skylanders.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#28 Posted: 20:24:06 06/09/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun
I would recommend Skylanders: SuperChargers (console version) to someone new to Skylanders.

no, unless they've played mario kart then it'd be easy smilie (not really but in some parts, yes but still)

probably swap force or trap team would be a good beginners game
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#29 Posted: 20:36:23 06/09/2016

no, unless they've played mario kart then it'd be easy smilie (not really but in some parts, yes but still)

probably swap force or trap team would be a good beginners game

Even then, Trap Team figures are super hard to come by, soooo... SWAP FORCE! Or, Imaginators when it comes out.
#30 Posted: 20:46:10 06/09/2016
For someone new to gory games, I would recommend Happy Wheels
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:52 09/09/2016 by Kat-Kun
Alydol Ripto Gems: 1330
#31 Posted: 02:35:06 09/09/2016
*Looks at watch*
#32 Posted: 21:08:07 09/09/2016
For someone new to gory games, I would recommend Happy Wheels

happy wheels is legendary but if you love fighting games or gore mortal kombat is good...well i dont have it but i know its gory af smilie
---
#33 Posted: 21:04:20 11/09/2016
Super Mario Maker is good for people wanting to build stuff.
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#34 Posted: 00:36:31 05/10/2016
Needs more obscure games.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: First person fantasy adventure
Overlord: Evil protagonist quest run, action adventure
Plok: The true Rayman. Side scrolling platformer.
Treasure of the Rudras: The last Squaresoft SNES release. JRPG.
Live-A-Live: JRPG that allows you to take multiple perspectives.
---
BREATHE AIR.
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#35 Posted: 17:40:39 16/10/2016
Monster hunter generations

If you own a 3ds, get it now
---
smilie
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#36 Posted: 17:54:40 27/10/2016
PATH OF EXILE

IT IS FREE ON STEAM.
YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE. PLAY IT
---
Ligi
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#37 Posted: 21:00:43 06/11/2016
I'm looking for recommendations for 3DS games. I'm getting my younger sister a 3DS for Christmas and I'm not sure which games I should get/recommend to her. I'm definitely getting New Leaf. I also want to get her a Pokemon game, but there are several available on the 3DS, is there one in particular that is good for beginners in the series? Also, right now she's playing Rayman Legends, Skyrim, Tearaway, Ratchet, Song of the Deep, and The Talos Principle, so she seems to like running, jumping, and puzzle solving. Thanks smilie
---
You gotta believe!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#38 Posted: 21:03:56 06/11/2016
Pokemon X is pretty easy, so it might be good for newcomers.
---
Dead
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#39 Posted: 08:35:02 20/11/2016
As someone who owns and has played every game in the series. If you're new to the Fallout games, start in chronological order.

Reason being is the first two are brilliant and most people who start at Bethesda's Fallout flat out refuse to play Interplay's originals mainly citing the turn based system.

I understand that a lot of people don't like turn based RPGs, but if you appreciate a well crafted story, extensive and interesting lore which almost feels like your reading a novel, start at the beginning.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:59:21 20/11/2016 by Spyro Fanatic
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#40 Posted: 03:28:46 31/12/2016
Uhh, i'm not sure where I'm supposed to ask this/if anyone will see it, but
I recently got Bayonetta 2 and I'm loving it. As far as I can tell, there's nothing huge that I would need to know from the first game to enjoy this one, but I can see the few nods and characters. I was wondering if I should get Bayonetta/how do I even get it? I know there was like, some release of it on the Wii U but it's ****ing expensive. Is it on the Nintendo Wii U shop or? Also, I do not own a ps3 or xbox so no i cannot play it on either of those consoles.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#41 Posted: 20:42:00 06/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
Uhh, i'm not sure where I'm supposed to ask this/if anyone will see it, but
I recently got Bayonetta 2 and I'm loving it. As far as I can tell, there's nothing huge that I would need to know from the first game to enjoy this one, but I can see the few nods and characters. I was wondering if I should get Bayonetta/how do I even get it? I know there was like, some release of it on the Wii U but it's ****ing expensive. Is it on the Nintendo Wii U shop or? Also, I do not own a ps3 or xbox so no i cannot play it on either of those consoles.

Yep, the first Bayonetta is on the eShop for $30.
---
words. letters. filler.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#42 Posted: 20:09:24 17/04/2017
Searching a rpg of the ps2 or ps1 era avaliable on the ps store do anyone have any suggestions?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:47:22 17/04/2017 by fyra
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#43 Posted: 20:24:35 17/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75

A Link to The Past, Link's Awakening DX, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, The Wind Waker HD, The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess HD, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of The Wild are the best ones.

Skyward Sword is good, but the motion controls really drag it down for me. Still an enjoyable game, just really annoying controls.

I think you're forgetting something... three, to be exact.

You know them, I know them, everyone knows them... I don't think I need to say it.
---
Soon.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me