Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Video Game Recommendation topic
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
All-Purpose Video Game Recommendation topic [STICKY]
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#51 Posted: 12:20:56 04/06/2017
^ Where are the KH remixes?
---
My life is complete.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5916
#52 Posted: 16:36:17 04/06/2017
I hadn't added them yet. lol I still have to add a few more things here and there, actually.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3026
#53 Posted: 22:29:26 05/06/2017
This is random but I guess this topic is purposely broad. I finished Child of Light recently (it's not a long game, I just never got around to finishing it until now) and I thought it was really good. I loved basically everything about the game- how it looked, sounded, how the battles worked, equipping gems. I definitely recommend it. It's fairly cheap and you can play it on pretty much anything (even the Wii U and the Vita).

I also recently started Tearaway Unfolded and it looks like it'll be great. I skipped it thinking it'd be the same as Tearaway on the Vita but its actually a much larger game.

One last thing: Rayman Legends. Wow I can't get enough of this game, and I don't ever go for 2D side-scrollers. Very, very glad I picked this one up on a whim. Very clever game design, good controls, and tons of content. It also has fun couch co-op!
---
You gotta believe!
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2813
#54 Posted: 00:30:44 06/06/2017
Can someone fill in the blank?

You'll like Disgaea 5 if you liked _____

idk, I'm not in the mood for an RPG at all but I'm considering picking it up on Switch someday.
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5130
#55 Posted: 23:09:13 06/06/2017
You'll like Disgaea 5 if you like Fire Emblem or you liked FF Tactics that's what I will say.
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by Skylanders fans...cry in a corner
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2658
#56 Posted: 23:36:10 06/06/2017
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Any will do, but the second one is regarded as the best.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2894
#57 Posted: 02:07:35 19/06/2017
I decided what games I'm gonna get for the Switch:

Super Mario Odyssey
Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Yoshi
Arms
Mario Kart Deluxe
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Metroid Prime 4
Minecraft

Any other recommendations?
---
sometimes that japanese future funk be hittin tho...
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3026
#58 Posted: 04:01:15 19/06/2017
^ That Metroid Prime announcement though! It must be a good day for switch owners.

Also, I'm almost certain this was said earlier in the topic but I'd rather not reread everything again, but I just got Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm loving it. I bought it when it was briefly on sale. It's back at $60 again but it is worth it. A huge, challenging game with a lot of freedom, not to mention probably the most beautiful game I've ever played.
---
You gotta believe!
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#59 Posted: 06:47:17 16/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Can someone fill in the blank?

You'll like Disgaea 5 if you liked _____

idk, I'm not in the mood for an RPG at all but I'm considering picking it up on Switch someday.

I'd strongly recommend it. Like fyra said, if you liked other strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics, you'll probably like it.

Just be aware that the storylines in Disgaea games can get a lot more bizarre than any FE or FFT game, and doesn't take itself seriously most of the time... dood.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#60 Posted: 00:53:11 03/09/2017
Anyone who likes FPS, get DOOM. You will thank me.
---
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#61 Posted: 01:57:20 07/09/2017
If anyone playing on PS4 is looking for some RPGs, I have two recommendations:

World of Final Fantasy - Monster-capturing turn-based RPG, comparable to Pokemon but with Final Fantasy monsters. Mostly lighthearted and comical writing. Fairly easy to get into, good even for beginners to the FF franchise.

Dragon Quest Heroes II - Chaotic action RPG, similar to Dynasty Warriors / Hyrule Warriors but with more RPG elements. If you like fighting through hordes of monsters, this may be for you. (Don't worry about the first game, you're not missing anything important. This game has no direct connections to the first game, and is just better than the first game all around.)

Both of these games also have demos available on the Playstation Store.

And yes, I know these are both Square Enix games. smilie
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#62 Posted: 14:06:11 07/09/2017
Can they get deep and have more of a challenge than Pokémon even while looking cute and child friendly,because I do search a replacement for Pokémon,currently using SMT/Persona for this.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5614
#63 Posted: 03:38:42 05/10/2017
I feel like not enough people are talking about Nier: Automata
It's one of the best games i've played, the story, music, setting, visuals, and even combat are stellar and beyond impressionable.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 9113
#64 Posted: 16:14:50 07/10/2017
Should I get DOOM for the PS4 or wait till it's available on the Switch?
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5916
#65 Posted: 16:42:02 07/10/2017
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

If you want better graphics + higher and more consistent frame rate, go with the PS4 version. If you'd prefer to be able to play it on the go and don't care about those two things, go with the Switch version.
#66 Posted: 01:01:45 09/10/2017
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

PS4 if you prefer graphics. Switch if you want to take the horrifying demon-slaughtering bloodfest on the go with you.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 3984
#67 Posted: 04:12:22 28/02/2018
If anyone has a Switch and is looking for a large, expansive game after Zelda I would highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I was originally highly skeptical on purchasing it due to not being the biggest JRPG fan and not finishing the original but wow, I was blown away on just how good it is. It was the GameXplain review that originally sold me on purchasing it so if you're interested I'll post that below. Everything from the combat, exploration, soundtrack and story just comes together so well into this lovely package of a game. Every character is interesting, has their own motives and above all, memorable. Every world is unique, beautiful and just begs to be explored. Definitely get it if you're looking for something to fill the void after Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

---
"Oh, Brilliant." ~ The Doctor

Visit my guestbook for my Nintendo Switch Friend Code!
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2304
#68 Posted: 07:05:44 07/04/2018
looking for fun ps2 games. platformers/rpgs/lore dense games
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1300
#69 Posted: 07:17:24 07/04/2018
Quote: Cynder_Rox
looking for fun ps2 games. platformers/rpgs/lore dense games

Have you played Persona 3 or 4?
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
GaiaMemories Gold Sparx Gems: 2880
#70 Posted: 22:58:11 14/04/2018
Hello.

I'm looking for some good, offline PS4 games.

I recently lost internet for quite a while and realized....without internet Battlefront 2 is not a fun game. And I've played the Skylander games so many times.

A couple of....guidelines:

I suck at games. So no Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

I'm very easily creeped out....so no Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

No GTA.

I know I have strange and specific guidelines but they are what they are. I'm super hyped for Spider Man PS4 in September BTW.
---
Lets go! Kakugo! Go go go go go Ghost! (GO GO GO GO)
#71 Posted: 12:48:08 15/04/2018
My love in rpgs right now is Dark Fantasy so I won’t suggest neither Dragon Age:Inquisition or Diablo 3 but I might recommend not helped by not knowing your tastes,Divinitysmilieriginal Sin,Tales of Berseria.I don’t play many non M rated or T rated as I used to.
---
GaiaMemories Gold Sparx Gems: 2880
#72 Posted: 00:34:40 18/04/2018
Thanks for the suggestion!

The only games I've played regularly war DI3.0, Englanders and SWBF2.....so I don't really have a taste. smilie

The games that have stuck out to me in my browsing are:

Lego The Force Awakens
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Uncharted 4
LA Noire

Thoughts?
---
Lets go! Kakugo! Go go go go go Ghost! (GO GO GO GO)
#73 Posted: 12:26:28 18/04/2018
Hurm,Lego games tend to be quite humorous so maybe you could give a chance to Disgaea 5 or Horizon Zero Dawn for Uncharted getting mentionned.
---
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1300
#74 Posted: 13:26:13 18/04/2018
Try Uncharted. They’re literally made to be not too difficult, and they’re really fun too.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me