Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Best way to remove a smudge of excess paint?
Page 1 of 1
Best way to remove a smudge of excess paint? [CLOSED]
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#1 Posted: 16:17:11 26/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I have a King Cobra Cadabra with an extra streak of paint on the side. Luckily, it's in an area with no other paint and I think I can safely remove it. I'm looking for suggestions as to what would be best to use. Nail polish remover maybe? I have never done this sort of thing to a Skylander figure before. Advice appreciated. Thanks.

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 16:39:01 26/07/2015
Stuff to do with enamel might not be the best idea, people always advise against it here. I always paint over if it's a simple color, might not be too different here to just give it a coat of white.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#3 Posted: 18:29:01 26/07/2015
Quote:
"Nail polish remover maybe?"

No...definitely not that...this type of PVC plastic is to soft...and your libel to melt it with nail polish remover.

Looking at your pic you should beable to just use a xacto knife to just carefully scrape the excess paint off. And Bifrost...look at his chest/underbelly.....that is white...his body is a very light gray. I would just use an xacto knife an scrach off the extra paint....i have done this with many of my skylanders that had many bad splatters abound...lol.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 18:50:57 26/07/2015
In my opinion, if you don't feel comfortable addressing it...then you'll likely do more harm than good. I'm still laughing at my attempts to reattach a head with super glue only only to find out I need a pin vise to do the job. Not going to spent $15 on a tool, so was easier for me to just rebuy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:40 26/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 19:13:59 26/07/2015
I keep having to reattach my Scarlet Ninjini's arms after the rather horrid razor job I did for the custom with super glue,but as long as I'm very careful while moving her around they stay in place for a few months. As silly as it sounds, having to regularly check on my customs to see if everything's in place makes me appreciate them more.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:25 26/07/2015 by Bifrost
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#6 Posted: 02:40:33 29/07/2015
I usually just use my fingernail to slowly chip away at paint spatters on the plastic. You might need a pointed piece of plastic to get in the groves, but be careful not to gouge it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me