Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > interesting thing with target i saw today
Page 1 of 1
interesting thing with target i saw today [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 23:25:46 24/07/2015 | Topic Creator
so i was strolling the skylanders isle (as usual) at target.. nothing but nitro head rush.

then some employees came over and said to each other "okay, *target employee name* needs all the skylanders." Then one was talking to the other about how they were going to take all the nitro head rushes, stuck them on a clearance end cap, and make 3/4ths of the space disney infinity. I then head them talking about a cartwheel offer, and the employee told me trap team characters were half off. i was almost gonna buy a nitro head rush, but i checked at the last minute, and the offer was only for giants/swap force. So target might be done with skylanders like wal-mart..
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#2 Posted: 23:30:03 24/07/2015
This is why Canadian target stores all closed here in Canada. No good skylanders.

(I'm being sarcastic smilie)

But yeah, pretty controversial. Two of the biggest store chains done with the big skylanders things? I'm not saying it's confirmed or anything.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:31:04 24/07/2015 by LameLime
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 23:33:31 24/07/2015
Something something doom and gloom.
But could always be making space for Superchargers since it's coming sooner this year as well. Might as well sell DI while it's there,then go to the next game as it comes out. Won't do any good to Trap Team figure prices but they probably don't care. Not an economy expert tho so could be wrong entirely.

But if it's JUST Nitro Head Rushes,dunno... What are the chances X employee needs specifically variants?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#4 Posted: 23:36:30 24/07/2015
I went to target, and the skylander section was smaller. DI had 3/4 of the shelf space. Of course, only trap masters (mostly nitro headrush)
#5 Posted: 23:44:01 24/07/2015 | Topic Creator
It's the beginning of the end... at least until september
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#6 Posted: 00:56:58 25/07/2015
THE END IS NEAR! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#7 Posted: 02:49:46 25/07/2015
I shop at a Super Target, they have 3 sections of Skylanders, 2 for Disney Infinity and 1 for Ammibos. I'm not worried at all about them changing the space for those games. I am kind of curious where Lego Dimensions will go (I imagine the Wii/3ds games shrinking in size) and would think they get 2 sections.

ShaneG.
moamahrimatoro Green Sparx Gems: 393
#8 Posted: 18:50:20 25/07/2015
I was in Target and they had

1 Short Cut
1 Thunderbolt
2 Giants triple packs
Bakers dozen Nitro Head Rush
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#9 Posted: 19:38:40 25/07/2015
Still think they should take all the toys to life things and stick them in their own aisle by the toys. *grumble grumble*
Space is going to become a serious issue for retailers (I guess besides TRU) if it's not already.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 20:09:17 25/07/2015
In the few SSA/SG/SF products left in my country, they just leave them by the eletronics and videogames. Why, it's totally related to controllers and cables, especially starter packs. Space has definately been an issue since the beinning here since,being sold in book stores instead of videogame and toy stores(none actually ever sold them as far as I know), there's VERY little dedicated space for figures and toys. Wonder even if it's what made Neoplay cancel its distribution in Brazil, on top of the crazy taxes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#11 Posted: 02:01:53 26/07/2015
Three reasons for this...

Infinity

Star

Wars

'nuff said.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#12 Posted: 03:37:07 26/07/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
Three reasons for this...

Infinity

Star

Wars

'nuff said.

Disney Limited 3.0:We got Star Wars so give us your money edition
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 06:09:05 26/07/2015
I'm thinking these store exclusives (minus maybe Legendaries) are going the way of the dodo for Superchargers. Not one came out that didn't warm shelves this year. Nitro Krypt King was easy to find for months, and now Nitro Head Rush lines the pegs along with the Target water traps. King Cobra Cadabra is still very common, as is Gnarly Barkley (last I saw). Non-exclusive Variants also did not fair well. People seem to have tired of buying the same character with a different color.

They even seem to have recognized this with Eon's Elite. Those didn't move till they got heavily discounted, and then really only Spyro. Nest years actually mix the characters up a bit with changes to the models.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#14 Posted: 15:52:19 26/07/2015
I'd be worried if I ever did a bull of my Skylanders shopping at Walmart or Target or even Best Buy. I buy the bulk of my collection from Toys R Us, so as long as they keep it going that's fine with me. These other stores have only been good for their exclusives.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#15 Posted: 16:21:31 26/07/2015
I've always enjoyed it when I could get a new figure/set at Best Buy. Gamer Club 20% off is great and it stacks with other discounts (except price match), if you don't have it and you are a gamer you are doing it wrong. Not to mention Rewards points are a bonus. It's a shame they are not more on top of Skylanders new releases after the first wave.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#16 Posted: 00:56:28 27/07/2015
Even though I'm more of an Infinity fan, this is kind of sad. Although, this does explain why no stores (especially Target) are really stocking new Skylanders. The game launches in about a month and there is simply no space. They should really consider a "Toys to life" toy aisle imo.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#17 Posted: 01:21:11 27/07/2015
My Target has one specific aisle just for the Toys to Life section. One side is all for Infinity and the other side is for Amiibo/Skylanders with Skylanders getting the bigger part of the Aisle. This may just be to make space for Superchargers though, so there's no need to worry smilie Usually they get the displays up and ready at the end of the month before the launch month, so we should expect it ready end of August. Just calm down guys, Skylanders won't be dying at Target like it did at Walmart.
---
words. letters. filler.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#18 Posted: 15:30:00 27/07/2015
I laughed when I saw all the cartwheel coupons for Skylanders, especially for some that I haven't seen in a couple of years (namely the Giants Spyro figure). It would be a great deal, if they actually carried them.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#19 Posted: 15:42:53 29/07/2015
Quote: defpally
I'm thinking these store exclusives (minus maybe Legendaries) are going the way of the dodo for Superchargers. Not one came out that didn't warm shelves this year.

Well, to be frank they were all terrible for Trap Team. I stayed away from this game, true, but what brought me back to Swap Force was the awesome variants. The variants for Trap Team were all dull, uninspired and the choices were baffling! Not to mention these all looked like poo compared to their normal versions.
#20 Posted: 17:27:47 29/07/2015
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
I'm thinking these store exclusives (minus maybe Legendaries) are going the way of the dodo for Superchargers. Not one came out that didn't warm shelves this year.

Well, to be frank they were all terrible for Trap Team. I stayed away from this game, true, but what brought me back to Swap Force was the awesome variants. The variants for Trap Team were all dull, uninspired and the choices were baffling! Not to mention these all looked like poo compared to their normal versions.

- Winterfest Lob Star was a miss because he looked just like his steamed up form. What does he have to do with Christmas anyways? At least they could have made is stars more like ornaments (like a star on top of the tree).
- Love Potion Pop Fizz look cool, but geez how many of him do we need (answer: at least one more in Superchargers). Legendaries were weird choices, none of them were very popular characters.
- Nitro Head Rush was fine, but people didn't really like Head Rush in general. And why was Krypt King associated with nitro/speed?
- The mini variants were just jumping the shark. We basically had a variant of a variant with those.
- King Cobra Cadabra looks pretty cool, but he should have been glow in the dark like Quickdraw Rattle Shake.

They need to quit it completely with the variant crap. This Dark ediition mess is already way overboard.
#21 Posted: 21:16:07 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
UPDATE-

i went to this target a few days ago, and the section was VERY small... but they had these.

[User Posted Image]
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#22 Posted: 02:46:13 13/08/2015
Well to be honest Skylanders are gonna get the short end of the stick till september and even the still have a smaller section Its because of all the toys to life things now I hate to say it but I bet walmart and target either make a whole section for toys to life or something is getting cut
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#23 Posted: 03:05:52 13/08/2015
I've always enjoyed it when I could get a new figure/set at Best Buy. Gamer Club 20% off is great and it stacks with other discounts (except price match), if you don't have it and you are a gamer you are doing it wrong. Not to mention Rewards points are a bonus. It's a shame they are not more on top of Skylanders new releases after the first wave.

1000% agreed. Going to try and pass Best Buy more business this year.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#24 Posted: 14:52:02 13/08/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
UPDATE-

i went to this target a few days ago, and the section was VERY small... but they had these.

[User Posted Image]

Very interesting. I saw some dark editions at a Walmart a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised and wondered if somehow that store (being a bit of a smaller town) somehow managed to keep a few. Maybe they either made more or some got stuck in inventory somewhere. We didn't see them at all after they sold out before Christmas. Could it be possible that Activision sent more out but got stuck in the port strike and just got put in a warehouse somewhere? I also noticed wave 3 Trap Masters there as well, which would have been shipping around that time, too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me