Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > News and Updates > Dark Editions of SuperChargers
Page 1 of 1
Dark Editions of SuperChargers
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 12:43:47 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The Dark Editions for Skylanders SuperChargers have been revealed. The PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360 versions will contain Dark Spitfire, Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf, Dark Hot Streak, Dark Sea Shadow and a Kaos Trophy that can be used to unlock "special Kaos gameplay content". It'll cost you $99.99 for the Dark Edition.

[User Posted Image]

The Wii U edition will have Dark Spitfire, Dark Hot Streak, Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong, Dark Barrel Blaster and the Kaos Trophy.

[User Posted Image]

The Wii edition will have Dark Spitfire, Dark Hot Streak, Dark Hammer Slam Bowser, Dark Clown Cruiser and the Kaos Trophy.

[User Posted Image]

Also revealed are several new entries to the Eon's Elite line of figures. The first wave of them will be available exclusively at Toys R Us in November and is made up of Slam Bam, Zook and Voodood.

[User Posted Image]

A second wave with Ghost Roaster, Boomer and Dino-Rang will be released in December.

Check out a load of screenshots and artwork in the SuperChargers Gallery.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:44:23 07/07/2015 by dark52
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 12:46:15 07/07/2015
So much hype!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#3 Posted: 14:27:06 07/07/2015
First, the Kaos Trap. And now the Kaos Trophy. What next?
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#4 Posted: 14:41:40 07/07/2015
a little annoyed over a few things. I WANTED a chill elite! also replace Boomer with Drobot even if he DOESN'T need anymore boost in power.
But also I kinda feel like well of course I'm getting the dark edition to get the extra stuff. But ultimately the defaults look better. Maybe with the exception being Donkey Kong who looks great in black other then that ugly yellow jumpsuit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:56:29 07/07/2015 by Street50
#5 Posted: 14:55:16 07/07/2015
I guess his fans will finally get their brand new Sunburn (going to guess it won't be ignitor which is who i'd prefer) and going to assume the last of the elites will be Sonic Boom though i think i'd prefer Warnado.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#6 Posted: 15:02:12 07/07/2015
*Sees post*
Wait... No. NO!

NOW I HAVE TO GET 6 STARTER PACKS IF I WANT EVERY FIGURE?!?

I guess the return of Voodood, Boomer, Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster (and I guess Zook and Slam Bam, too) helps a little.
---
Bring the Fanta
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#7 Posted: 15:58:11 07/07/2015
I feel your pain. [Although I think it's not as bad, being 5 starters, as I'm still sure Normal Spitfire will still get a single release.] But still... I feel your pain.

This is by far the sloppiest of the game release yet.

I would of been fine with a Dark Edition release, IF THE WII & WII U VERSION DARK EDITIONS DIDN'T EXIST!

Will Dark DK and Dark Bowser even still work as amiibo?

And what's with the Dark Element Super Charger's Vehicle getting a Dark Variant, but the actual Dark Character not getting in there (preferably replacing Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf...)?!

The only way I can see this being cleaned up, is with single releases of the Normal, or Dark edition characters, separate from the starter packs. Even, if not singles, at least like a "Dark Pack."

Since the likely hood of that happening is slim: How common are the Trap Team Dark Starters in stores nowadays? If they're still common, maybe I can grab these later, post-release.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:00:48 07/07/2015 by SoulfulWolf
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#8 Posted: 16:00:09 07/07/2015
The eons elite returning looks like they have different attacks.
---
Team Hot Dog!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#9 Posted: 17:19:50 07/07/2015
Quote: Street50
a little annoyed over a few things. I WANTED a chill elite! also replace Boomer with Drobot even if he DOESN'T need anymore boost in power.
But also I kinda feel like well of course I'm getting the dark edition to get the extra stuff. But ultimately the defaults look better. Maybe with the exception being Donkey Kong who looks great in black other then that ugly yellow jumpsuit.

It's not surprising that Chill isn't an elite. It looks like they're re-releasing the SSA figures first. Once they get through all of them (if they ever do), then maybe they'll move onto Giants. And it's a good thing they went with Boomer. It looks like they're trying to make some people happy by re-releasing hard-to-find characters. Boomer and Ghost Roaster have been practically impossible to find in the store for the past couple of years. Voodood and Dino-rang have been fairly hard to find (except for the TRU special shipment of Dino-Rang). I can still go to TRU and pick up a S2 Drobot, so he's not that difficult to find.
#10 Posted: 19:14:09 07/07/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: Street50

It's not surprising that Chill isn't an elite. It looks like they're re-releasing the SSA figures first. Once they get through all of them (if they ever do), then maybe they'll move onto Giants. And it's a good thing they went with Boomer. It looks like they're trying to make some people happy by re-releasing hard-to-find characters. Boomer and Ghost Roaster have been practically impossible to find in the store for the past couple of years. Voodood and Dino-rang have been fairly hard to find (except for the TRU special shipment of Dino-Rang). I can still go to TRU and pick up a S2 Drobot, so he's not that difficult to find.

While I do see that and thats why with my other comment I picked two others that were from SSA rather then Giants. But you can't expect the elites to last long enough enough for the Giants Line to come around.
I don't consider Voodood or Dino-Rang hard to find because I can still find them pretty often even outside of toysrus. I cannot find S2 Drobot but it does seem that everyone can get him if they want him unlike S2 Bash.

But right now one thing that would be missing from the elites is they don't actually have a female character this time. No Hex or Cynder which she should have been considered since I don't like to think Spyro without Cynder personally.
But while I don't mind so much characters getting another repose we just need to avoid characters getting more then a series 3 repose.
I think the Elites themselves should be released in 8's of the most popular characters of that generation, but i don't think besides Chill and PopFizz (I like fright rider but was he?) any of the characters besides the giants themselves were actually popular. So that would have allowed them to add in such as Drobot and Cynder.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#11 Posted: 19:26:25 07/07/2015
Welcome back old friends. It's so good to see them all again and wow this really is the Year of Boomer this time.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#12 Posted: 20:30:25 07/07/2015
This is awesome
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#13 Posted: 20:48:45 07/07/2015
They revived chrachters with Eons elite there YEAH THERE BACK AGAIN
---
POPSMARTS!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#14 Posted: 00:40:28 08/07/2015
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
*Sees post*
Wait... No. NO!

NOW I HAVE TO GET 6 STARTER PACKS IF I WANT EVERY FIGURE?!?

I guess the return of Voodood, Boomer, Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster (and I guess Zook and Slam Bam, too) helps a little.

the elites are actually some good ones to get which they should've done in the first place. throw in a sunburn and that should do nicely to return all the forgotten ones.

I feel for those that want every figure. I would suggest just getting some used ones when the time comes around. If I were to get a starter I'd just stick to the dark wii u version this time. As much as stealth elf looks great for her dark vehicle....it's just bad overall to have. Too much of her doesn't make it worth a nice purchase, though I wish dark bowser was included in the wii u version instead of the spitfire. Its a toss up. I'm just glad she's not in the dark editions.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 01:22:20 08/07/2015
Let me get this straight. Both Dark Edition Wii & Wii U Starter Packs don't have Dark Stealth Elf and the Dark Sea Shadow?
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#16 Posted: 11:58:08 08/07/2015
i need dis

luckily its my bar mitzva i 10 days, so i can get dis. yay!
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:00:13 08/07/2015 by PopFizzMagic
#17 Posted: 12:04:34 08/07/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Let me get this straight. Both Dark Edition Wii & Wii U Starter Packs don't have Dark Stealth Elf and the Dark Sea Shadow?
yes .
---
PIKA
PIKA
SuperMarino Red Sparx Gems: 12
#18 Posted: 22:35:00 09/07/2015
Man, it would be really nice if the Wii U & Wii version had both Dark DK and Dark Bowser and their vehicles instead of the version they're showing now...
Captain Biggs Blue Sparx Gems: 845
#19 Posted: 14:01:04 17/07/2015
So you need 6 starter packs 3 dark and 3 regular, 3 at 100$ each and 3 at 75$ each....so $525 just to get the starter packs needed?? No thanks Activision, sorry but you lost me with this.
#20 Posted: 01:42:05 11/08/2015
Remeber, stealth elf , bowser, dk, and spitfire and they're vehicles come in singles. And eBay is always there for you.
---
PIKA
PIKA
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#21 Posted: 01:42:44 11/08/2015
^The Nintendo ones don't I think.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#22 Posted: 01:52:47 11/08/2015
Quote: PopFizzMagic
Remeber, stealth elf , bowser, dk, and spitfire and they're vehicles come in singles. And eBay is always there for you.

Skymiibos don't come in singles
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#23 Posted: 17:35:29 11/08/2015
Quote: Captain Biggs
So you need 6 starter packs 3 dark and 3 regular, 3 at 100$ each and 3 at 75$ each....so $525 just to get the starter packs needed?? No thanks Activision, sorry but you lost me with this.

Try to do it smart. First buy the three dark ones (regular, Wii, Wii U). That will cost you 300. Then you have three dark Kaos thropies, three dark malefors and three dark hot streaks. Sell two Kaos thropies, two dark malefors and two dark hot streaks for let say 20 a piece. That will bring you back at 240. Sell two of the games with the portal for 25 a piece. Then you are at 190.
Play the game, finish it and buy stealth elf. Just before skylander 6 is released buy the Wii and Wii u regular game with a discount price for something like 30 each. 203 + 60 is 263 for everything you need. It will save you half the money.
Maybe some pre-order bonus that you can sell can also save you a couple of Bucks.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Lightspyro10 Green Sparx Gems: 107
#24 Posted: 21:24:51 12/08/2015
I want to know is the wii and wii u will be only racing i know the wii will be only racing but what about the wii u the wii u disk in the picture is the same as the ps and xbox
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#25 Posted: 01:43:27 13/08/2015
Wii u is the main game.
---
Hahahahaha
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me