darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Graphics between Trap Team and Swap Force on Wii U
Page 1 of 1
Graphics between Trap Team and Swap Force on Wii U
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1 Posted: 06:12:01 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Having recently picked up a Wii U, I was wondering if the graphics are better in Trap Team or are they the same as they were in Swap Force. If it's noticeably better in Trap Team I might pick it up. If it's pretty much the same I'll just wait for Super Chargers. Swap Force seemed a little "dated" compared to something like Smash (which looks like a PS4 game lol). Thanks in advance.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#2 Posted: 12:28:46 29/06/2015
I personally think theylook better in Trap Team, as they are a refined version of Giants and Spyro's Advente graphics. Essentially, they have the same feel, but they have been enhanced to be more modern. Swap Force graphics are, what many argue, better than Trap Team's, while Swap Force has bright, clay-like graphics. That made me deter from like Swap Force too much, and the graphical style for Trap Team is in my opinion much better.

P.S.: If you also own a PS4 or an XBOX One, you will notice that the Wii U has a slight fuzziness with it in both games. That's just the way it goes for less powerful technology.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#3 Posted: 16:04:56 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah I do have it on PS4 and am more partial towards the art style of Swap Force. I just found it odd that the back grounds in the Wii U Swap Force were nice a vivid with beefed up anti-aliasing while the characters themselves were a little low rez./fuzzy. I was curious to see if this was still the case with Trap Team on Wii U. From the play-thru videos I've seen it doesn't appear to be the case but sometimes it's hard to tell from a Youtube video.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#4 Posted: 12:43:24 30/06/2015
Yeah, it can be noticeable if you play on a large TV, if not you should be fine. Also, if you would play Gamepad Play a lot, like me, you don't notice the fuzziness as often. In fact, thanks to the small size of the screen, it is hardly noticeable.

In terms of graphical style, Swap Force appeals to a number of people. Generally speaking, if you lile VV's art style, Swap Force and Superchargers are superior. If you prefer TFB's (I do!), then Spyro's Adventure, Giants, and Trap Team are superior, even if the last is the one that is truly superior.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 14:57:28 30/06/2015
Wii U looks like poo compared to XBO or PS4. Wii U is comparable to Xbox 360/PS3 with a slight difference.
#6 Posted: 15:29:41 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Wii U looks like poo compared to XBO or PS4. Wii U is comparable to Xbox 360/PS3 with a slight difference.

I wouldn't go that far. I have both PS4 and Wii U now and Wii U isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Smash could easily hold it's own as a PS4/XBO game. The Wii U is noticeably better than the PS3 (my main system for a better part of the last 8 years). I have one of the 60 gig gen 1 fat boys and still love it. The Wii U is a lot better than the PS3 but it really should be. I'm just debating picking up Trap Team on the Wii U or just putting that money into another Super Chargers Starter. Considering that I'll need 3 Starters now lol. Both my daughter and myself still play the 3DS games so the 3DS was getting purchased anyway. Most of the Wii U Trap Team play-thrus looked better the Wii U Swap Force but it's hard to be sure from Youtube videos. That's why I figured I'd ask the community here to be sure.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#7 Posted: 15:37:48 30/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Well, I'm pretty sure that Xbox one and playstation came out just about one year after the Wii U.
---
Dead
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me