Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Fire Emblem Topic
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The All-Purpose Fire Emblem Topic
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 06:21:29 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Welcome one and all to the Fire Emblem topic!
Here I shall be posting news and info about Fire Emblem so if you some of what we offer come on by.
I will need at least 3-4 posts so please do not comment yet.

This post will be mainly concerned with current news.(The most current three articles)

Official site

Current News:

Same-sex Marriage

Same-sex marriage shall be included in the game to a degree allowing you the avatar to marry two people regardless of your chosen gender.These two characters are Zero(Male), exclusive to Conquest(Nohr) and Shara(Female), a child unit, exclusive to Birthright(Hoshido)

Two different versions

It has been confirmed that yes Fates will be released West side in two version, Birthright, the Hoshido path and Conquest, the Nohr path.It is unknown however if there will be a special addition containing both much like in Japan.Fates will be out sometime next year.

Children

Intelligent Systems has confirmed that children shall be returning.However unlike in Awakening where the child was connected to the mother, this time they will be connected to the father.As of now there is 21-22 children confirmed(Thanks to people who got the game early in Hong Kong)which is a lot more then Awakening's 13-14.It is still unknown if the children are integral to the plot of the game.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:02:07 24/06/2015 by azz01
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#2 Posted: 06:30:19 24/06/2015
awwwww yeah
#3 Posted: 06:37:24 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Fire Emblem Fates
Version Differences

Not only are both versions sold separately, but each is different with a completely unique story and characters.

Birthright: Hoshido
Birthright's story is more akin to the normal FE story(Mainly Awakening)but in a Japanese setting.It is not as difficult and focuses more on story.It follows you, the protagonist, who, alongside your blood siblings, trying to defeat the Nohrians and win the war.

The story allows grinding for exp and money and is recommended for new players who just want have a nice story.

Conquest: Nohr
Conquest's story is a bit different having you trying to defeat a corrupt force within the kingdom rather then fight a war.It's setting is much more similar to normal Fire Emblem games being more Western compared to Birthrght's Eastern theme.

There is little to no grinding and is for more experienced players however that does not mean newcomers can not enjoy it.

3rd Path: DLC
It was revealed that there would be an extra third campaign alongside the other two in which you would not side with either country and fly solo in order to bring peace.However it was said that there would be another force that would disturb this.

We do not know much but we do know that the story will be more difficult then Birthright but not as difficult as Conquest.

Characters:
As of now, only there is only seven confirmed characters to join you regardless of what side you pick.
These are:
You, the avatar.
Class: Nohr Prince(ss)

Azura, someone who was put in the same situation as you but with opposite families
Class:Songstress

Gunter, one of your retainers
Class: Great Knight

Felicia, one of your retainers
Class: Maid

Jakob, one of your retainers
Class: Butler

Silas, your childhood friend
Class: Cavalier

Kaze, a ninja who you showed mercy to
Class: Ninja

There are possibly more then this but we do not know them yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:37:56 24/06/2015 by azz01
#4 Posted: 06:38:13 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Reserved for character bios.

Warning!

Many spoilers.

These are the characters.I don't think these are all of them but they are most of them.Credit to Kirokan over at Serenes Forest for doing these.

Characters: (W/ Japanese names and in order of recruitment I believe)

-----
Kamui カムイ
A member of the Nohr Royal Family who was raised in an old, remote castle. Distressed ever since their true heritage became known.

[User Posted Image]
Gunter ギュンター
The protagonist’s subordinate. A knight who has served the Nohr for a long time. He is always calm, and gives off a strict impression to other people.

[User Posted Image]
Felicia フェリシア
The protagonist’s subordinate. Daughter of the Ice Clan’s chief. She is the younger twin sister of Flora, and is prone to making mistakes.

[User Posted Image]
Joker ジョーカー
The protagonist’s subordinate. A very capable butler. Serves the protagonist with unwavering loyalty.

[User Posted Image]
Rinka リンカ
A member of the Flame Tribe. The chief’s daughter. A strong-minded and heroic woman who easily gets fired up.

[User Posted Image]
Suzukaze スズカゼ
From a shinobi clan that serves Hoshido. Saizou’s younger twin brother who is polite and earnest.

[User Posted Image]
Sakura サクラ
Princess of Hoshido. She is very bashful and shy, but has a gentle heart.

[User Posted Image]
Aqua アクア
Raised by the Hoshidian Royal Family. With a cool composure, she helps her allies by singing songs.

[User Posted Image]
Kazahana カザハナ
Sakura’s retainer. A distant relative of the Hoshidian Royal Family. A cheerful tomboy with a sword arm known throughout the kingdom.

[User Posted Image]
Tsubaki ツバキ
Sakura’s retainer. Part of the Hoshido upper class. He is a perfectionist who is both handsome and clear-headed.

[User Posted Image]
Cyrus サイラス
A fledgling knight of Nohr. A childhood friend of the protagonist, they were once very close.

[User Posted Image]
Saizou
Ryouma’s retainer. From a shinobi clan that serves Hoshido. Suzukaze’s older twin brother, he has a blunt personality.

[User Posted Image]
Orochi オロチ
Mikoto’s retainer. From a noble house of Hoshido. With a cheerful and playful personality, she’s the type who laughs a lot.

[User Posted Image]
Hinoka ヒノカ
Princess of Hoshido. With an honest and unsophisticated personality, she is more of a warrior than a princess.

[User Posted Image]
Asama アサマ
Hinoka’s subordinate. Born at a shrine in Hoshido. He has a gentle and sociable personality with an occasionally sharp tongue.

[User Posted Image]
Setsuna セツナ
Hinoka’s subordinate. From a noble house of Hoshido. Though she seems cool and quiet, she makes plenty of blunders.

[User Posted Image]
Tsukuyomi ツクヨミ
A member of the Wind Tribe. He has great confidence to the point of being oppressive and is ignorant of the ways of the world.

[User Posted Image]
Oboro オボロ
Takumi’s subordinate. The daughter of a dry-goods store owner in Hoshido. She is very fashion conscious, and harbors a deep hatred for the Nohr.

[User Posted Image]
Hinata ヒナタ
Takumi’s subordinate. From a family of samurai that serve royalty. Though a little rough and sketchy, he thinks deeply of his comrades.

[User Posted Image]
Takumi タクミ
Prince of the Hoshido. He uses a holy treasure known as the “Wind God’s Bow.” He strongly seeks fame, and is often uncooperative.

[User Posted Image]
Kagerou カゲロウ
Ryouma’s subordinate. From a family that serves royalty. Her loyalty is so deep that she would not mind dying for her master.

[User Posted Image]
Yuugiri ユウギリ
Mikoto’s subordinate. The daughter of a prominent feudal lord of the Hoshido. Though she is gentle, one part of her absolutely loves battle

[User Posted Image]
Nishiki ニシキ
A fox spirit of the Hoshido. Head of his village. He works everyday to repay a debt, and loves beautiful things as well as himself.

[User Posted Image]
Ryouma リョウマ
Prince of Hoshido. He uses a holy treasure known as the “Thunder God’s Sword.” His personality is the embodiment of “Bushido”–the way of the warrior.

To be continued.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:57:44 24/06/2015 by azz01
#5 Posted: 06:38:26 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Reserved for images and videos.

Videos
Video in spoilers, links provided.

Teaser Trailer

Aqua's song full

Hoshido Class Trailer

Nohr Class Trailer

I recommend this playlist cause it has many of the trailers translated.

Images
Will ad later.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:14:57 24/06/2015 by azz01
#6 Posted: 06:38:40 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Reserved cause why not.
---
#7 Posted: 14:04:43 25/06/2015
bumping this kinda to transfer the conversation from the other topic to here
oh my god the s rank supports for your siblings
!!!!SPOILERS!!!!
http://www.reddit.com/r/fireem...iting_for_very/
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#8 Posted: 14:18:36 25/06/2015
This game literally has become Otaku Emblem.

I'm fine with the same-sex marriage thing of course, and I thought the marriage in Awakening was a good idea, but I think the fact you can literally strip characters now and do the face rubbing, and then this dialogue...it's really going over the top. I mean, the dialogue doesn't even sound all that well written, it's average erotic fanfic material.

I know they will likely tone it down for the localisation, and I hope that is the case. I wouldn't want to play a strategy game like this on the bus or whatever and suddenly end up in erotic situations like that. It would be really embarrassing.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9 Posted: 17:23:35 25/06/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
This game literally has become Otaku Emblem.

I'm fine with the same-sex marriage thing of course, and I thought the marriage in Awakening was a good idea, but I think the fact you can literally strip characters now and do the face rubbing, and then this dialogue...it's really going over the top. I mean, the dialogue doesn't even sound all that well written, it's average erotic fanfic material.

I know they will likely tone it down for the localisation, and I hope that is the case. I wouldn't want to play a strategy game like this on the bus or whatever and suddenly end up in erotic situations like that. It would be really embarrassing.

I'm so disappointed in Intelligent Software tbh
But if they removed the Tharja scene, they'll remove this content too.
#10 Posted: 18:40:35 25/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I am just saying this now.This topic may not be updated in a while since I am going on vacation and I am also sick.

But anyways, as for the face rubbing.It is a real thing in real life called Skin-ship.It is the practice of touching one's face body(Like arms, hands etc..)to form a bond.If you think about it, Kamui is a 'holy' dragon per se so the characters getting skin shipped would most likely be honored to be touched by him.The kinky stuff does not kick in till you reach an S support and even then, it is only with one character.

Also, I am just gonna say this.If any one wants to make a new topic go ahead.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#11 Posted: 19:00:08 25/06/2015
Quote: azz01
I am just saying this now.This topic may not be updated in a while since I am going on vacation and I am also sick.

But anyways, as for the face rubbing.It is a real thing in real life called Skin-ship.It is the practice of touching one's face body(Like arms, hands etc..)to form a bond.If you think about it, Kamui is a 'holy' dragon per se so the characters getting skin shipped would most likely be honored to be touched by him.The kinky stuff does not kick in till you reach an S support and even then, it is only with one character.

Also, I am just gonna say this.If any one wants to make a new topic go ahead.

I'm aware that skin rubbing is an actual, sensual thing in relationships. But that's my problem - in real life, it's a romantic relationship thing.

Fates seems to allow you to just do it to any old character though, which I think is silly, since in a way, you are basically doing it without consent. I'd be fine with it if it was just something you could do with a character you were married to, though.

Also while I am glad same-sex marriage is a thing, I don't like how it's handled. There should be one gay male character, and one gay female character in BOTH versions of the game, at the least. Not one or the other depending on the version you get. Granted, this ties back to an over-arching issue I have with this game in general, in that it's advertised as being about making a "huge choice", but instead of that being dictated by your impressions of the characters and events in the game's prologue, it's dictated by which version you happened to have bought first (or your willingness to pay for a digital version of the other game when the big choice comes up).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#12 Posted: 19:57:15 25/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I will not deny I am pretty pissed about how the LGBT community is not well represented in the games, but a step is better then none at all.
---
#13 Posted: 04:44:57 26/06/2015
POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FATES:
Fates Character guide!

[User Posted Image]
#14 Posted: 06:06:09 26/06/2015
wtf i cant lesbian with anyone good 0/10
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#15 Posted: 14:00:20 26/06/2015
I'm thinking of getting FE: Awakening, but never played a game in the series. What do you guys think?
---
My life is complete.
#16 Posted: 15:00:10 26/06/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
I'm thinking of getting FE: Awakening, but never played a game in the series. What do you guys think?

go for it, awakening is probably the best place to start and is more friendly to new players
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#17 Posted: 16:37:27 26/06/2015
Probably getting Birthright.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#18 Posted: 17:17:56 26/06/2015
Quote: arceustheprime

go for it, awakening is probably the best place to start and is more friendly to new players

Yay I just bought it yeeeee

tfw u find out you paid 40 bucks for a movie rather than a game////
---
My life is complete.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#19 Posted: 18:35:53 26/06/2015
I'm getting FE: Awakening tomorrow for my birthday. Can't wait to play it, it looks pretty good and based off of reviews I've read, I decided to get it. Speaking of which, it will be my first in the franchise. Should I pick Classic or Casual? I wouldn't mind either difficulty, but I'd rather hear some recommendations first.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#20 Posted: 18:45:47 26/06/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987
I'm getting FE: Awakening tomorrow for my birthday. Can't wait to play it, it looks pretty good and based off of reviews I've read, I decided to get it. Speaking of which, it will be my first in the franchise. Should I pick Classic or Casual? I wouldn't mind either difficulty, but I'd rather hear some recommendations first.

I'd definitely pick casual if I were you, Classic has permadeath, and that'll make the game way harder.

Speaking of Awakening, I have the money to go out and FINALLY get a replacement.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#21 Posted: 19:31:29 26/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

I'd definitely pick casual if I were you, Classic has permadeath, and that'll make the game way harder.

Speaking of Awakening, I have the money to go out and FINALLY get a replacement.

K, I'll pick that. Cheers for the advice.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#22 Posted: 20:10:02 26/06/2015

K, I'll pick that. Cheers for the advice.

No problem!

I'll basically be playing it at the same time as you lol
The only difference between me playing it now and my last playthrough, is that I romanced Lucina last time, and I think I'll romance Tharja this time.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#23 Posted: 20:56:48 26/06/2015
since people keep saying starting with awakening is a good idea ill probably get awakening around in a few months

Quote: arceustheprime
wtf i cant lesbian with anyone good 0/10

you can lesbian with one person
#24 Posted: 21:06:41 26/06/2015
I might've changed my mind about which game I'm getting... FE:A and FE:F spoilers ahead.

None of these siblings are blood related to you?! In Hoshido, your mother is their step-mother, and you don't even have the same father? Plus, your mom dies? At least in Nohr you grew up with your 'siblings'. Like, I wanted Hoshido for a fuller, nicer family. But you don't even have a mom there either. Why can't our character for once have a good parent? And why do they always kill the nice people? First it was Emmeryn, and then Mikoto(the mom). I'll probably go Nohr because those guys are closer to you...
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#25 Posted: 21:25:02 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
This is gonna be my last post here for a while since vak but, apparantly on 4Chan someone has hacked into the game and has been playing(And recently completed)the third path.For those who want to know, here is the true family tree of royals:

Hoshido:
In actuality, Mikoto is the four kids step mom.The only child she gave birth to is Kamui.Kamui's true father is Hydra, the true atagonist of the game, who is a spirit dragon who sacrificed himself to save the world but then was ticked off by the humans cause no one worshiped afterwards.Sumeragi, the late king, was previously married and that was the true mother of the Hoshidans.She died though and Sumeragi married Mikoto and adopted Kamui.However, the siblings nor Kamui knew this.They thought Sumeragi was Kamui's father.Sumeragi then was killed by Garon and Garon kidnapped Kamui, he was told to do this by Hydra.

Nohr:
While Garon is the father of all four of the Nohrian kids, they all have different mothers.Marx's mother was Garons wife and the queen, though she died(Assumed to be during birth)and Garon got with three concubines(Prostitutes)and then the other three were born.Leon and Elise were born before Kamui was kidnapped but not before Kamui.Aqua is in no way related to the Nohrians.Her father was not Garon as he was killed some time after Kamui's kidnapping and Aqua's father used his powers to disguise himself as Garon so he could rule Nohr in the name of Hydra.In actuallity the Garon in game is the Invisible Dragon who rules the Invisible Kingdom(The antagonists on the 3rd route).Aqua's mother is Shenmai, who is the current queen(she was queen before the true Garon died), however she knew all this and is a disciple of Hydra.(So is that Iago guy from the Treehouse stream).That is why Aqua has her powers as her father also has those powers.

That was a mouth full.I will update the topic when I get back.Also, can posts 2-4 please be deleted.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#26 Posted: 22:36:25 26/06/2015
So who is going to try the Fire Emblem card game
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#27 Posted: 22:49:02 26/06/2015
Quote: Windumup

I love Fire Emblem more than I love myself, so you bet I am!
#28 Posted: 23:14:08 26/06/2015
Hey, where did everyone get these fire emblem avatars?
---
#29 Posted: 23:23:43 26/06/2015
Quote: Dmcrocks

I just googled "Tharja Sprite" tbh.

If you want all the sprites from Fates though, I have a sprite dump right here.
#30 Posted: 23:28:47 26/06/2015

Do you know how I can change those from .rar? My computer won't let me open that form of document.
---
#31 Posted: 23:29:36 26/06/2015

Do you know how I can change those from .rar? My computer won't let me open that form of document.

You could download 7zip or WinRAR, but if not, just PM me which character you want and I'll send it to you!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#32 Posted: 23:34:04 26/06/2015

I would but they're Japanese and expensiveish.They look so pretty though. D:
#33 Posted: 23:36:15 26/06/2015
Quote: somePerson

No price is too much for my precious Fire Emblem.
I plan on buying both copies tbh, plus the third route.
#34 Posted: 23:38:40 26/06/2015
I expect the 3rd route to be only available if you buy both copies because Nintendo hates us.
#35 Posted: 23:44:18 26/06/2015
I expect the 3rd route to be only available if you buy both copies because Nintendo hates us.

ANY PRICE
ANY PRICE
holy **** i really am becoming tharja
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#36 Posted: 02:11:42 27/06/2015

tradecardonline is likely going to put the cards up so at least you have a simulator to play it on.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#37 Posted: 21:32:41 27/06/2015
Those who are playing FE:A, how far along are you guys? I recently started my third playthrough on hard and I'm on chapter 5.
---
#38 Posted: 21:47:20 27/06/2015
Those who are playing FE:A, how far along are you guys? I recently started my third playthrough on hard and I'm on chapter 5.

For some reason whenever I replay Awakening I get bored so yeah.
#39 Posted: 00:11:25 28/06/2015

Just started replaying it yesterday, I'm on chapter 7.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#40 Posted: 00:27:01 28/06/2015

lol well kind of taking my time on my 8th play through at right around 1000 hours lol. At this point in my current play through I'm protecting Em from the first assassination attempt.

I have mixed feelings about no grinding on the Nohr path but I'll talk about that later. Excellent work on this page o.p. Be back with more later.
#41 Posted: 01:44:40 28/06/2015

saaame
---
My life is complete.
#42 Posted: 03:01:47 28/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus

lol well kind of taking my time on my 8th play through at right around 1000 hours lol. At this point in my current play through I'm protecting Em from the first assassination attempt.

I have mixed feelings about no grinding on the Nohr path but I'll talk about that later. Excellent work on this page o.p. Be back with more later.

I feel the same. Mainly I just want to be able to recruit the amiibo characters but have them fight by my side in the storyline, not after.

saaame

Now I'm on chapter 10, I've been playing literally all day.
#43 Posted: 20:14:28 28/06/2015
Chapter 13, and I just downloaded all the DLC.
#44 Posted: 21:42:46 28/06/2015
shuld i get the dlc
---
My life is complete.
#45 Posted: 21:57:38 28/06/2015
Does it cost any $$?
---
#46 Posted: 23:56:59 28/06/2015
Chapter 15 now

shuld i get the dlc

Depends if you like having fun or not.

Does it cost any $$?

I spent $45 bucks, so yes.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#47 Posted: 00:39:13 29/06/2015
Does it cost any $$?

Yes (filler)
---
words. letters. filler.
#48 Posted: 00:06:51 30/06/2015
Chapter 18, 23 hours of playtime, through the course of 3 days...
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#49 Posted: 09:23:19 01/07/2015
Crap, there's a whole group of people fan-translating Fire Emblem If currently! Pissed that my other 3DS is 9.5.0-22, so I'll have to play Hoshido in Japanese smilie
http://serenesforest.net/forum...ic=54979&page=1
---
words. letters. filler.
#50 Posted: 13:11:44 01/07/2015
What's the first game in the series that is released here in NA, in English?
---
My life is complete.
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me