Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
OCD gold collecting [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 03:26:24 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Success! I've finally managed to break what is a very OCD-like behaviour. I couldn't be bothered using the sanctuaries anymore as I don't need gold, but I couldn't quite stop myself from clearing the gold from the shrines - until now. It was a lot harder than I expected it to be to ignore the gold when it's right on screen in front of you.

Also wondering at the end of the day when the element of the day changes - will the uncollected gold magically transform into wishstones or must those element of the day shrines be cleared first to allow them to reset?

PS Yes I know it's a boring post of no import, but it beats the forum looking like a graveyard.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 11:02:44 24/06/2015
I collect the gold whenever I'm just mashing through the island but I never really lost sleep over that. Congrats on getting over that behavior :3

I'm not sure about the midnight thing - I always end up collecting before the day change and never pay attention to the shrines.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 11:39:44 24/06/2015
I never touch the gold from the shrines so yes i believe they turn into wishstones on the right day . The only gold i cannot seem to ignore is from the alter . I guess I have Alter OCD xd

I will always keep my sanctuaries running for the chance of harvesting gems or wish stones . The output is about as good as any alter ego hut . It also helps to put a dent in my energy reserves .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:40:46 24/06/2015 by Dark fhoenix
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#4 Posted: 11:48:52 24/06/2015
Back when I was wishstone poor (hard to imagine now!) I would purposefully leave shrines uncollected when Hugo told me they would be the element of the day next. At the stroke of midnight, the gold does indeed magically transform into wishstones and I would excitedly collect them and then go to bed.
Scooby1 Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#5 Posted: 21:39:54 24/06/2015
I cannot yet resist collecting from my shrines, or anything else with a little icon that pops up. I don't run my sanctuaries very often however, but when I do run them I have adopted a new strategy for choosing who goes in them. I used to populate them with Swappers & Trap Masters who earned me double gold bonuses because of the companions I have. Now I seek out skylanders who earn no extra bonuses at all, to try to minimise the gold they generate if they don't give me stones or gems...
---
Activate ID: slogsdail
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#6 Posted: 17:51:56 25/06/2015
If I'm playing before midnight, I won't collect from Shrines or Toy Link Towers from the next day's element. At midnight they switch to wishstones / gems.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me