Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Horrible Trap Availability [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 21:58:05 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Anybody else getting this? There are like 60+ trap designs and I only saw about ten of them in stores (Including ones in the starter pack). I can see most elements in 3-packs, but it's the same shape and element. Plus I don't want another Kaos trap from these 3-packs (They have more Kaos traps, I'll give them that). The only single packs I'm seeing are life torches and water log holders. Sometimes I see other traps but they're pretty much same elements.

Anybody else ashamed by the traps? Hopefully things get better in a few months. I can feel it.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 23:01:39 20/06/2015
It's not Acti's fault,it's on the retailers. Or at least that's what people said a few months back on finding figures/traps that were said to be in the store but never in display.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 23:05:41 20/06/2015
It's pretty terrible, yes. I've only barely managed to get all the traps I want, save for Shrub Shrieker, since its trap shape isn't available here yet (neither is the rest of Wave 5, I bet they'll arrive on the same day as Gamestop's "Skylanders day" in NA).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:24 20/06/2015 by Nightmoon
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#4 Posted: 02:24:32 21/06/2015
Ever since this one scalper hit my TRU during wave 4 as I left the store, the skylanders aisle there has had the same 3 water traps (all logholders), untouched and unwanted.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 03:12:23 21/06/2015
It's hard to keep such cheap items in stock, as they're sent in such large amounts and several of them are desirable.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#6 Posted: 15:51:54 21/06/2015
i gave up to collect all 60 of them already when i first heard it was gonna be more than the 8 needed traps to buy. the shops would never have all the traps available at one shop anyway, they usually stops after a few waves. then you gotta be running around checking shop after shop, or have to deal with scammers selling online.. all that stress i cant be bothered with, you only need 8...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:41 21/06/2015 by CountMoneyBone
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 17:13:35 21/06/2015
why bother? you can't even use the villains in superchargers.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 20:31:30 21/06/2015
Yeah I think they dropped the ball with the Traps, especially the water ones. They're very small, and I mean...most stores I've been in hardly even have any on the shelves, if not just the Water one.

With SuperChargers having kind of garbage compatibility with them, there's really no point to buy any more, and I think that'll show at retailers.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#9 Posted: 15:50:26 24/06/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
why bother? you can't even use the villains in superchargers.

You can, technically, as they each unlock a different skystone in the new skystones game announced for SuperChargers. You could move each villain from Trap Team one at time, one of each element per elemental trap or, if you have a larger number (or all of them, as I will end up having), you can load up every trap with a villain and just hot swap them all to move them quickly. Kind of like using all of your Skylanders to move hats from one game to the next instead of using 8 or less.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 16:25:40 24/06/2015
I've yet to see the light and dark traps in the wild. Were it not for my TRU friends I'd still be without them.
#11 Posted: 17:42:05 24/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I've yet to see the light and dark traps in the wild. Were it not for my TRU friends I'd still be without them.

Really? Check Walgreen's. I've seen them here and there, but most consistently see them (and have as of Saturday at at least two locations in the Charlotte area) in the toys section at Walgreen's. As of this weekend, I even saw examples of the Light & Dark core figures, so it looks like drug stores are the overlooked gems of this game cycle.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#12 Posted: 18:44:46 24/06/2015
Most Walgreens literally have 5-6 figures at most (and I do mean it when I say 5 or 6)...it smacks of desperation for me having to shop there frankly--and they're a little more expensive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:18 24/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#13 Posted: 20:10:19 24/06/2015
Most Walgreens literally have 5-6 figures at most (and I do mean it when I say 5 or 6)...it smacks of desperation for me having to shop there frankly--and they're a little more expensive.

From what I've noticed, they don't appear to be much (if any) more expensive than TRU in most cases and, while they do only keep a handful of figures & traps on the floor at any given time, they seem to replenish stock pretty quickly (probably from cases held in the back) and almost always have good availability on Skylanders that other retailers haven't had on shelves in months. (shrug) Would you rather "smack of desperation" or go home empty handed? ;-D

-Doug
---
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#14 Posted: 00:57:51 10/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Did anybody find improvements of trap variety this month? I found a few traps I haven't seen on the shelves of EB Games before. I also found an Earth Trap and got it just like that because that's my only missing element I never had for a month.

I feel there are better packs of skylanders during the summer and soon before the next game, guess retailers need to get them out of the store for the next game. Still no sign of the yawn traps.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:58:27 10/07/2015 by LameLime
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#15 Posted: 02:36:13 10/07/2015
Nope, the whole time the stores had such poor stock. Always water traps and maybe some life ones sprinkled in there and probably a few times a dark trap or a light trap or kaos trap. I think this is just a sign to come that you're better off buying online for skylanders now going forward.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#16 Posted: 03:06:56 10/07/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

From what I've noticed, they don't appear to be much (if any) more expensive than TRU in most cases and, while they do only keep a handful of figures & traps on the floor at any given time, they seem to replenish stock pretty quickly (probably from cases held in the back) and almost always have good availability on Skylanders that other retailers haven't had on shelves in months. (shrug) Would you rather "smack of desperation" or go home empty handed? ;-D

-Doug

Well, looks like I was both desperate and empty handed. They had a few of the previous traps, and only two skylanders--Trap Team Pop Fizz and Ship Wreck.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#17 Posted: 03:13:35 10/07/2015
Found one kaos trap hidden behind a buttload of water traps.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#18 Posted: 05:04:15 10/07/2015
I'm sorry, if anyone says it's up to the retailers to get the new traps in, I don't buy it for a minute. A lot of my local Best Buys are so low on traps it's downright shameful. They still have tags for them. One Best Buy just got another shipment in the other day. Guess what? Wave 2 traps came in.

It's on Activision, and I for one am super miffed about the fact they're keeping Yawn Traps from us here in the US. Close to 8 weeks away from the release of SSC and no sign of release for them, yet we have blacked out spots on our collection screens.

Don't forget this happened with Giants, Swap Force and Trap Team.

We never got a US release of Triple Packs 8 and 9, or single pack Jet Vac for Giants.

We never got a US release for Triple Packs 7 and 8 for Swap Force.

We never got a US release of Triple Packs 3 and 4 for Trap Team, and I bet you any amount of money we won't see the Yawn Traps either.

There is no excuse. Many store only have Water Traps, and they're not shelf warming so much that the pegs are filled, thus keeping stores from ordering more.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#19 Posted: 05:50:37 10/07/2015
Don't forget we never got a Dark Spyro single in the US.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#20 Posted: 09:36:50 10/07/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
I'm sorry, if anyone says it's up to the retailers to get the new traps in, I don't buy it for a minute. A lot of my local Best Buys are so low on traps it's downright shameful. They still have tags for them. One Best Buy just got another shipment in the other day. Guess what? Wave 2 traps came in.

It's on Activision, and I for one am super miffed about the fact they're keeping Yawn Traps from us here in the US. Close to 8 weeks away from the release of SSC and no sign of release for them, yet we have blacked out spots on our collection screens.

We never got a US release of Triple Packs 8 and 9, or single pack Jet Vac for Giants.

We never got a US release of Triple Packs 3 and 4 for Trap Team, and I bet you any amount of money we won't see the Yawn Traps either.

There is no excuse. Many store only have Water Traps, and they're not shelf warming so much that the pegs are filled, thus keeping stores from ordering more.

this will happen to the super chargers vehicles too. and these vehicles are more useful than traps and you need them to fully upgrade/powerup the figurine and the vehicles. when the activision staff staid this year skylanders gonna have less to buy, i knew they was lying. its gonna be more than ever and its really gonna be hard to get'em all this time. when there is three other fighting for the space with their figurines in games that need shelves space... if you think the traps are a problem now.. o'boy your in for a treat when super chargers arrive.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:41:19 10/07/2015 by CountMoneyBone
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#21 Posted: 13:39:52 10/07/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

There is an excuse. It is "product for a 9 month old game doesn't move well so we do not want a full stock that we will have to clearance out and lose money". Stores aren't ordering more of them, so Activision doesn't make as much of the later waves. They don't ship cases of Skylanders out of the goodness of their hearts, the stores have to order them.

If it isn't clear yet, Activision doesn't really consider the whims of the collectors. The Dark Starters and the need to buy SIX of them to "collect them all" for Superchargers is their latest clue. They know we exist, but they make business decisions based on average kids, not us.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#22 Posted: 01:42:59 11/07/2015
Quote:
The Dark Starters and the need to buy SIX of them to "collect them all" for Superchargers is their latest clue. They know we exist, but they make business decisions based on average kids, not us.

EXACLTY! And like you said in front...no they don't care about the collectors...all they care about is making money.....hence why they put the Darks in 3 different starter packs. Looks like im going to have qiut a few extras to custom paint.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me