Page 1 of 1
Nostalgic for S:SA? [CLOSED]
Scraps Red Sparx Gems: 52
#1 Posted: 20:47:58 18/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I wouldn't have thought it, but after listening to the soundtrack for S:SA, I'm starting to get nostalgic for the first game. For some reason I just have a lot of happy memories associated with it. I remember my complete and utter joy when I rang up my local Toys R Us to see if they had the Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack I had so been wanting since I first heard of it and going there to pick it up after they told me it was in plentiful stock. Also going to Tesco late at night to see if they brought out the new stock, since it was so hard to find a good selection of Skylanders at the time.

Anyone else like this? What's your favourite memory of the first game?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 21:12:14 18/06/2015
I have a bit of nostalgia but not enough to replay it quite yet, maybe once I start getting some more figures from the original 40. My adventures looking for them weren't as crazy since the game came out on my country 3 months after the rest of the world(and now it's not being distributed here anymore at all), so most figures were just eagerly waiting for the mail.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#3 Posted: 21:17:45 18/06/2015
I still find SSA my most favorite game, however I started playing this in Summer 2013 and was my first Skylanders console game. I'm really wishing I was getting in money in 2011 and 2012. I could've had a blast collecting all the characters because that was the game with the least amount of figures and spent money. I'm trying to find as much green bases as I can today, most of which are EB Games used.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 06:06:41 19/06/2015
It might sound silly but I really miss the gibberish speak.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 08:45:12 19/06/2015
Well, I don't miss it myself other than to find it funny, but with Universe they've shown they still have the files for all original 40 fake languages - maybe there could be a secret code to toggle between that and english for them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Scraps Red Sparx Gems: 52
#6 Posted: 11:23:47 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I can't say I miss the gibberish language. To me it felt like a lack of... I don't know. A connection with the character.

I can see where you're coming from, Bifrost. I don't feel quite like I'm nostalgic enough to replay it, yet. But probably soon. If that makes sense. smilie Might just be because I haven't finished Trap Team.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7 Posted: 21:59:35 28/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well, I don't miss it myself other than to find it funny, but with Universe they've shown they still have the files for all original 40 fake languages - maybe there could be a secret code to toggle between that and english for them.

That would be a great addition in the newer game.

Can't say I would rather have the jibberish speak rather than full-talking, but I do miss it smilie
I'd rather have the talking, because, well, skylanders aren't Pokemon. They do things on their own and aren't things you catch and train
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me