Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How do you display your collection? [CLOSED]
Bloodmourn Green Sparx Gems: 238
#1 Posted: 20:26:43 18/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I've been a lurker for a while and figured I'd join in the conversations with all the Superchargers buzz

So I started playing Skylanders when they were the new thing. I worked at Toys R Us and wanted to be able to answer all the questions. I lost interest after Giants but my wife and I decided to pick up Trap Team and I've been all in since. Once we got to rank 40 we decided to pick up Swap Force and that's what I'm working on now. Through eBay and Amazon I've been able to get these things for very reasonable prices, but now I'm looking at a collection that went from a dozen or so to over 100. With Superchargers coming out, I have no idea what I'm going to do with my collection. How do you all have yours set up? My displays all filled up and I'm trying to get some ideas.
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#2 Posted: 21:02:53 18/06/2015
I use Ribba shelves from IKEA. The shelves are just deep enough for the figures to sit one deep. I hope that the vehicles for Superchargers will fit.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 21:05:14 18/06/2015
I have my humble 20ish figures + custom stuff all cuddled together in a upside-down Trap Tray on a shelf. I actually have a Undead Square display project in the works but while I don't find a bigger shelf I'm just slowly working on a few Skylander-sized benches and spooky trees.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:56 18/06/2015 by Bifrost
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#4 Posted: 21:16:48 18/06/2015
on a shelf in my room each game has a set space and place for the elements
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#5 Posted: 21:30:26 18/06/2015
im in the same situation, stared as 9 and now its 139. im going to build a display that will have all the figures from 1 game. ive completed my SSA collection so im going to build that first, i got the plans i just need to get the materials ( hopefully this weekend) and build it. my grand plan is to have a display for each game vs 1 large display for all the figures. i dont plan on collecting doubles of the same figure and for my variants and doubles i do have ill just display them somewhere else.

ill try to take pics as i go, right now my plans are but doodles and measurements that really only make sense to me. but ill try to paint a image for you. 5 shelves, top 4 will have 8 characters per and the 5th will have all the magic items and level items. behind each figure i will place there stat card leaning back a little. under each figure there will be a small hole with a LED under it to light the figures base from below. its going to be 32 inches wide, 25.5 inches tall and 4.5 inches deep and 4.5 inches spacing between each shelf. this will hang on a wall and to light the LED's it will be battery or plug into a wall, im not sure yet as i still need to pick out the LED's. also to hid the wires and LED's the shelves them self will be hollow. im building it out of 1/8th inch maple veneer and 1/4th inch maple boards. unsure if i will stain it or not.

for future displays that i dont have all the figures for i will build it as if i have them, ill just put a cardboard cutout of them or something until i get the actual figure lol.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#6 Posted: 23:20:14 18/06/2015
I have a wooden and glass display case in my room that I'd been using for just random toys I wanted out at the time. Now, Skylanders is taking up the top shelf (out of four) completely (like, all packed together with no breathing room when the entire collection's in there) with the adventure pack figures and McDonalds toys on the second.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7 Posted: 23:50:42 18/06/2015
For now, I just have Dark Spyro and the Volcanic Vault in an empty Ferrero Rocher box (sounds odd, looks great), and the Starter Pack Trap Tray with all my traps, but I'm going to build a custom wooden box for them, possibly with LED lighting up the traps from below. My Giants and SG Cores, plus the Battle Pack pieces and wireless SSA portal are on a Giants Battle Arena display, while the figures from all the other games are currently in plastic boxes in a closet.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 23:57:47 18/06/2015
I did think of getting a Battle Arena since they're going for cheap(er than usual) around here, but no Dark and Light means it'll end up taking more space than what I could make, so I'll stick with something hand-made.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SkylanderSteve Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#9 Posted: 00:53:18 19/06/2015
I have a few Detolf glass cabinets from Ikea. 1 Element per shelf then magic items/variants each get a shelf. Works nice, their fairly cheap and easy to assemble, plus less dusting
#10 Posted: 02:16:23 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
hmmmm I wish I was in a bigger place so I could get nice shelves. I'd like to get the skylander island thing from toys r us or maybe the battle arena like bifrost said.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#11 Posted: 02:37:34 19/06/2015
I use a Skylanders Giants bag I recieved after buying the game at Best Buy. Rather not have them out in the open because my dad and his side of the family rant about me playing the game.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#12 Posted: 04:05:53 19/06/2015
I display them prominently in Skylanders tackle boxes and duffle bags.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#13 Posted: 10:02:06 21/06/2015
i realized that after game 3 i had no room to display ALL the figures. So now each set has their own box. The amount of space i have to display has shrunk recently
---
Praise Helix!!!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#14 Posted: 12:15:34 21/06/2015
I have a few in the packaging:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Traps:
[User Posted Image]

Trap team figures are on shelves:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Other figures are in a cuboard:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

And finally, magic items and accessories are in a bag:
[User Posted Image]
#15 Posted: 07:16:19 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
What's that blade recolor? Is that is name? I forget, the dragon with the swords on his wings
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#16 Posted: 10:13:35 23/06/2015
Blades. Light blue is his normal look. Legendary Blades is the navy & gold one.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#17 Posted: 13:25:18 23/06/2015
I have my nearly 2-year-old shelf which I usually display skylanders on.

I have all giants on the top tier, giant variants and second paths on the second tier from the top, all swappers on the third, swapper variants on the fourth, and the fifth has my other useless figures, Food Fight, all SSF magic items, and the light and dark level pieces.

I also have my trap masters laid freely on my table, and my green bases are organized on a collection board I made that is right below my TV. Great if I'm playing SSA. I was thinking of starting an orange base core collection and doing another collection board. I might have to get one of those carry bags to store my green bases in. It holds all 32 of them!
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me