Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Amiibo Gimmicklanders... [CLOSED]
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1 Posted: 21:06:20 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Amiibo Gimmicklanders...what's your thoughts? http://time.com/3921216/ninten...al/?xid=fbshare
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:35 16/06/2015 by DAWNOFWAR
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#2 Posted: 21:36:26 16/06/2015
WOW !! just WOW !!!

http://gyazo.com/a2b6c0388be5e75a4b7a5fdfc7ea749e
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:44 16/06/2015 by crstofer
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 21:38:15 16/06/2015
funny, i knew amiibo would be old before any of the other toys to life stuff but i guess this is one way to make people kind of care about them again. but view this as a 1 and done thing so nintendo can sell more figures, but it does make me want to look at pikachu more...thats the only one i ever gave though about getting.
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#4 Posted: 22:02:42 16/06/2015
WII U Starter package with DK for ME !!
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#5 Posted: 00:04:49 17/06/2015
Hasn't the picture of the 3DS starter pack for Skylanders Superchargers always had a Bowser figure packaged in? Now we have some clarity as to why.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#6 Posted: 07:54:54 17/06/2015
i watched the e3 coverage on this and looks like its only going to be those 2 figure.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 09:57:15 17/06/2015
I dont have a problem with cross overs or exclusive mascot figures in Nintendo Starter packs but they should have em available to play on all the consoles .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#8 Posted: 10:09:06 17/06/2015
ths is amazing.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#9 Posted: 10:43:49 17/06/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I dont have a problem with cross overs or exclusive mascot figures in Nintendo Starter packs but they should have em available to play on all the consoles .

This. So much!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 12:07:50 17/06/2015
I actually found this interesting and saw it as a way for me to possibly eventually get into this game (since my focus will probably now be on Lego Dimensions), but not being able to use them cross-platform is a deal breaker. I understand Nintendo's reasoning, but I'm not going to buy another starter pack, and we only own the Wii (out of the 3 options), which won't be the same as the regular game.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#11 Posted: 14:25:31 17/06/2015
Even though we know that the Amiibolanders will not be playable on non-Nintendo systems, do we know whether or not we can at least add them to or in-game collections? I plan on getting them regardless even though I will be getting an Xbox 360 starter pack.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#12 Posted: 14:54:11 17/06/2015
Okay, this has gone too far. I think the concept of Amiibolanders is absolutely ridiculous. It's not really Skylanders anymore in my eyes, and it's giving Bowser and Donkey Kong (more so Bowser) a bad name by suddenly calling them "heroes," making them not really Bowser and Donkey Kong anymore either. Skylanders is its own franchise and so is amiibo. They should not mix. I am no longer collecting Skylanders as the price of collecting has gotten out of hand, but I still find this stupid. Also, the thing about the Amiibolanders not being able to play on multiple consoles is dumb too. That's just abandoning the Skylander cause!
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:37 17/06/2015 by DarkPredator
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#13 Posted: 17:19:55 17/06/2015
Bowser's Inside Story?
He's known to help heroes if things get too hard for him to solve on his own. And the collapsing universe might be something that's too hard to handle alone. DK needs even less convincing, he's just at most kinda selfish but no villain.
This is still in-universe, because Skylands is the convergence of dimensions, it's even in their "backstories".
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#14 Posted: 20:10:39 17/06/2015
I just hope other Amibos (of which we own zero) are not used to open items in SuperChargers.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#15 Posted: 22:24:02 17/06/2015
So... Bowser & Donkey Kong are NOT playable in PS4 & Xbox One?
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#16 Posted: 23:42:13 17/06/2015
Quote: DarkPredator
Okay, this has gone too far. I think the concept of Amiibolanders is absolutely ridiculous. It's not really Skylanders anymore in my eyes, and it's giving Bowser and Donkey Kong (more so Bowser) a bad name by suddenly calling them "heroes," making them not really Bowser and Donkey Kong anymore either. Skylanders is its own franchise and so is amiibo. They should not mix. I am no longer collecting Skylanders as the price of collecting has gotten out of hand, but I still find this stupid. Also, the thing about the Amiibolanders not being able to play on multiple consoles is dumb too. That's just abandoning the Skylander cause!

You can always turn a blind eye to the Nintendo versions and look solely at the XBox and Playstation versions which will still be Skylanders-only with no Amiibo involvement. You're making a big deal out of nothing...just stay away from the Nintendo versions...it really is a petty thing to get upset over calling it ridiculous and stupid. Just quit the franchise and move on...you've already deemed it all too expensive for you and made it clear you don't like the direction the franchise is headed with it's partnerships.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#17 Posted: 00:51:24 19/06/2015
Quote: lordexodus
So... Bowser & Donkey Kong are NOT playable in PS4 & Xbox One?

Correct. They will only be playable on Wii, Wii U, and DS.
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#18 Posted: 01:26:38 19/06/2015
I like. A bit shocking, but it definitely contributes to the hype for a series that's going on five instalments now. I do agree that at the very least, Bower and DK should do something on the other platforms - maybe act as a magic item and rain down ammo that's themed to the characters but not part of Nintendo's trademarks (fireballs for Bowser, banana peels or barrels for DK). Locking them out completely seems contrary to the original spirit of the design. What it also means is that anyone who wants to play as Bowser and DK beyond Superchargers needs to buy the Nintendo versions of the eventual Skylanders 6, and so on.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#19 Posted: 05:35:38 19/06/2015
Just hit the "Like" button ;-)
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#20 Posted: 11:14:06 19/06/2015
This completely rekindled my interest for Skylanders. Time to complete my Trap Team collection and get ready for SuperChargers! :D
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#21 Posted: 15:28:02 19/06/2015
I love it. I was already planning on upgrading to the Wii U so now the only change to my plans is to get the 3DS version on black Friday. I haven't ecided how I am going to get Spitfire/hotstreak but I'll figure that out once I know if their is going to be single/double packs.....
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#22 Posted: 16:11:53 19/06/2015
Yeah one can hope they put Spitfire/Hot Streak in single or in a double pack....because i don't want to have 3 Super Shot Stealth Elf's. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#23 Posted: 18:45:18 19/06/2015
I guess I'll be getting the WiiU version of Superchargers...

Exclusivity is what tips the scale of other consoles...

And I'm guessing Bowser is exclusive either by itself or the 3DS version...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:51:24 20/06/2015 by lordexodus
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#24 Posted: 02:44:10 22/06/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: DarkPredator

You can always turn a blind eye to the Nintendo versions and look solely at the XBox and Playstation versions which will still be Skylanders-only with no Amiibo involvement. You're making a big deal out of nothing...just stay away from the Nintendo versions...it really is a petty thing to get upset over calling it ridiculous and stupid. Just quit the franchise and move on...you've already deemed it all too expensive for you and made it clear you don't like the direction the franchise is headed with it's partnerships.

Notice I said "I think" multiple times. I believe that is called an opinion?

Also, if I don't own an XBox or a Playstation it would be kind of hard to play those versions wouldn't it? I was actually beginning to consider getting the starter pack of SuperChargers and nothing else, but all I have is a Wii U, and I am not a huge fan of amiibo involvement, but I think I can deal with it.

Another thing that I'm concerned about is the level of craziness that the amiibo fans will acquire in getting these Amiibolanders. Will they impulsively buy the Nintendo starter packs, making them scarce for the actual Skylanders fan? Will the amiibo scalpers buy them up? I'm fairly interested to see how this plays out. More than likely, with Skylanders' usual good supply of their figures, this won't be a problem. But still it makes you wonder...
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#25 Posted: 15:29:46 22/06/2015
I guess the hope is that these figures will cause people to want to buy other Skylanders. Amiibo completists will definitely buy these figures. I won't be surprised if we start to see a rash of auctions for figure-less Nintendo starter packs on Ebay.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#26 Posted: 04:56:16 23/06/2015
I think I will refer to them as Skybos. As for the concept I can see it happening in the next iteration of the game if it succeeds. I like it and my sons will love it.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#27 Posted: 11:50:56 24/06/2015
THE ONLY WAY I'm jumping the Supercharger bandwagon is if the XBox gets Master Chief and a Warthog.

If not, stick a fork in me... I'm done with Skylanders.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:51:47 24/06/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 12:51:02 24/06/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
THE ONLY WAY I'm jumping the Supercharger bandwagon is if the XBox gets Master Chief and a Warthog.

Hahahahahahahahaa smilie your really killing me, just no offense but no it won't ever happen. If it happens then I will sing Wrecking Ball on youtube and post it to the stuff and nonsense section under the hashtag
#WreckingChief
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#29 Posted: 16:28:23 24/06/2015

Sorry, I don't have a fork. Anyone else got one?
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#30 Posted: 17:09:11 24/06/2015
Ask Gill Grunt. He's got a nice trident. Or Knight Mare... maybe the flamberge would do the job. :-)
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#31 Posted: 17:27:05 24/06/2015

They simply do not fit in the skylander universe. Bowser and Donkey Kong's art style is similar to that of the skylanders so they blend really well into the skylander universe. Sorry, but that's never going to happen, they just do not fit - it's like having Yoshi guest star in Assassin's Creed - it's never gonna work.
[User Posted Image]
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#32 Posted: 17:43:51 24/06/2015
Quote: TTD
They simply do not fit in the skylander universe. Bowser and Donkey Kong's art style is similar to that of the skylanders so they blend really well into the skylander universe. Sorry, but that's never going to happen, they just do not fit - it's like having Yoshi guest star in Assassin's Creed - it's never gonna work.

You know, if you put Yoshi in an Assassin's Creed game, the result would likely be so ludicrous that it would end up making finally buy one of those titles, lol!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#33 Posted: 15:55:21 29/07/2015
Oh Bowser, <3

Literally the only reason I'd buy this game is to play with Bowser but, seeing as how amiibos only work with NN3DS, Diaz this mean this entry won't work with the OG 3DS model?
#34 Posted: 15:58:07 29/07/2015
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Oh Bowser, <3

Literally the only reason I'd buy this game is to play with Bowser but, seeing as how amiibos only work with NN3DS, Diaz this mean this entry won't work with the OG 3DS model?

They still need to be read with a portal like all 3DS skylanders games to work on them, the difference is that you can switch the NFC chip between Skylander and Amiibo. Probably only the Amiibo half needs a New3DS.
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#35 Posted: 05:30:39 31/07/2015
I just hate they took away a spot for light and dark. And that DK is in the normal wii u starter
---
Hahahahaha
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#36 Posted: 07:31:51 31/07/2015
Quote: FireMeowth
This completely rekindled my interest for Skylanders. Time to complete my Trap Team collection and get ready for SuperChargers! smilie

Yeah that pretty much sums up my thoughts about them. If it weren't for Skymiibos, I wouldn't even have an account on darkSpyro right now.

Quote: GaiaMemories
I just hate they took away a spot for light and dark.

Why do you assume that? I doubt Activision ran out of money to make new Skylanders, especially when they were able to make so many last year. And I'm sure Nintendo paid to have Bowser and DK in Skylanders. There's was nothing stopping Activision from making more Skylanders than they did. They made as many as they think they can manage to sell. And as for Light and Dark specifically, they probably want to keep them rare intentionally. There was only one Light and Dark Trap Master, remember, while every other element had two.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#37 Posted: 17:30:53 31/07/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: FireMeowth
This completely rekindled my interest for Skylanders. Time to complete my Trap Team collection and get ready for SuperChargers! smilie

Yeah that pretty much sums up my thoughts about them. If it weren't for Skymiibos, I wouldn't even have an account on darkSpyro right now.

Quote: GaiaMemories
I just hate they took away a spot for light and dark.

Why do you assume that? I doubt Activision ran out of money to make new Skylanders, especially when they were able to make so many last year. And I'm sure Nintendo paid to have Bowser and DK in Skylanders. There's was nothing stopping Activision from making more Skylanders than they did. They made as many as they think they can manage to sell. And as for Light and Dark specifically, they probably want to keep them rare intentionally. There was only one Light and Dark Trap Master, remember, while every other element had two.

Not really take away from, but they are counted in the main 20 and really shouldn't be. And by now shouldn’t they be common?
---
Hahahahaha
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#38 Posted: 18:46:21 31/07/2015
True, they should've said 18 in the first place if all they wanted to make was 18 normal Superchargers.

And personally I'd love it if they made a bunch more Light and Dark characters, but it doesn't seem like Activision wants that.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#39 Posted: 18:51:23 31/07/2015
VV was actually the one who approached, Guha Bala liked to insist on it on Treehouse. Nintendo accepted and is probably paying,yes,but from the get go the devs wanted the lineup with the Amiibolanders.
---
#40 Posted: 21:19:56 31/07/2015
No offense but how is this any different from Spyro jumping into the Skylanders universe ?

Donkey Kong and Bowser can actually pass themselves off as Skylander warriors . Imagine the fuss if Super Mario was used .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:23:00 31/07/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#41 Posted: 21:22:49 31/07/2015
Spyro was rewritten as being part of the team. The amiibolander backstories say they're just temporary recruits because of the size of the crisis this time.
---
#42 Posted: 21:28:19 31/07/2015
Backstories mean nothing .

Trapteam game changed the minis into little kids needing to go to school . Skylander comics have changed Legendaries into a special magic armour mode.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:37:48 31/07/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#43 Posted: 21:40:29 31/07/2015
It is different from spyro because he wasn't consile exclusive.
And legendaries were always power ups I thought?
---
Hahahahaha
#44 Posted: 21:49:05 31/07/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Backstories mean nothing .

Trapteam game changed the minis into little kids needing to go to school . Skylander comics have changed Legendaries into a special magic armour mode.

It only means nothing when you don't pay attention.
Minis WERE unable to fight,they learned to fight in the Academy. In the comics, Legendaries EARN their armor and can also transform into it. If you dismiss it over little things, of course you won't care; there's been more than enough discussions in the forum where people act like everything is pointless in the story but also make a worrying amount of mistakes about it.
---
#45 Posted: 09:14:42 01/08/2015
Quote:
And legendaries were always power ups I thought?

Legendaries are supposedly living statues of Skylanders that won arena matches .

Quote:
Minis WERE unable to fight,they learned to fight in the Academy.

Sidekicks are supposedly from a miniverse dimension . Except for their size they should have the same maturity , fighting experience and powers already .

They act like kids and they are treated like kids in the comics . "Younglings younglings clap clap clap"

Please dont get me wrong . I like these modified new backstories . I thought the original backstories were rather lame and unimaginative.
---
#46 Posted: 12:58:39 01/08/2015
Well, they fought against other enemies probably the size of chompies just like them, considering the Giants in the Miniverse are still tiny. You would need a few years of training to take on a Painyatta which unlike to normal Skylanders is like fighting a colossus.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me