Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Xbox One Backwards Compatability [CLOSED]
The Collecter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1165
#1 Posted: 21:14:41 15/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So now that this is official, I am wondering that if the 360 versions of Spyro's Adventures and Giants once approved by Activision, how would the portals work. Anyone got any ideas?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#2 Posted: 23:27:14 15/06/2015
While you can't use portals from other consoles on X360 and XBone (Microsoft protection!), the portals for either Xbox consoles are interchangeable.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#3 Posted: 23:59:48 15/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nightmoon
While you can't use portals from other consoles on X360 and XBone (Microsoft protection!), the portals for either Xbox consoles are interchangeable.

I thought that might be the case but the Xbox One has its own sku for its portal versus the other Kinda sharing one. I am trying to get an invite for the preview program so I can test the backwards compatability out. I was hoping to use the Trap Team portal (xbox one) on one of the older games, just hoping it works. But I would be ok with a remaster collection of the first two games for next gen to eliminate any problems.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#4 Posted: 00:19:40 16/06/2015
I would think that the Xbox One Trap Team portal would work on the older 360 games. The Trap Team portal works on any of the previous games. I shouldn't matter on cross-platform as long as the console plays both platforms. The portal is a peripheral that sends data to the console. It's much like any other input device. It's just a matter of the console communicating with the device (portal). So as long as the XBox One can communicate with the portal it should work with any Skylanders game that the console can play.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#5 Posted: 00:51:00 16/06/2015
Skylanders games aren't on the compatability list. So it won't work anyway
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#6 Posted: 02:14:44 16/06/2015
you got a long wait for the backwards compatibility as its only more of the microsoft games that are given a shot first with it. i'd say you'll have quite some time before you'll even get to test it out.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#7 Posted: 06:30:16 16/06/2015
Im in the preview program and I have to say I very much doubt they would be brought over for a good while, file sizes are a lot bigger and i have no idea if the developer/publisher would have to make any slight changes to get it to the file size....on any not im going to go and try out banjo-kazooie smilie
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#8 Posted: 13:07:15 16/06/2015
In Major Nelson's announcement, it was stated that there is no X360 peripheral support immediately available as part of the backward compatibility. For the time being, that seems to mean no X360 kinect, no X360 Rockband, and no X360 portal.
#9 Posted: 01:12:14 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: big_matt
In Major Nelson's announcement, it was stated that there is no X360 peripheral support immediately available as part of the backward compatibility. For the time being, that seems to mean no X360 kinect, no X360 Rockband, and no X360 portal.

Rock Band 4 will support all instruments, they confirmed this and dlc compatability early. Not surprised by the other 360 accessories though
#10 Posted: 01:16:14 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: FrozenLionheart
Im in the preview program and I have to say I very much doubt they would be brought over for a good while, file sizes are a lot bigger and i have no idea if the developer/publisher would have to make any slight changes to get it to the file size....on any not im going to go and try out banjo-kazooie smilie

Would you please send me an invite for the preview program. I would love to test the backwards compatability out. It would be greatly appreciated.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#11 Posted: 02:20:33 17/06/2015
Can I get an invite also? My Gamertag is FarawayGrain 17.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me