Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
All I hear are crickets now [CLOSED]
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#1 Posted: 20:53:19 12/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Nothing?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:59:07 12/06/2015
Nothing,really. No new content,and we pretty much dried up on things to talk about. I'm getting quests on older skylanders and finding out some pretty cool things(Stump Smash and Frilly,eh?) but people here must've seen this years ago so I didn't bother to mention.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#3 Posted: 08:40:34 13/06/2015
It's a shame the app can't regenerate the quests each player never completed or never even saw. All those sanctum quests I missed out on would keep me quite entertained right about now.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#4 Posted: 14:02:43 14/06/2015
Personally I at least get one new alter ego a month and am using my gems to get the items I do not have I still need, the gateway houses, etc, but yeah, sad without quests but hopefully they will be back around Superchargers time. Personally I think it cant be that much work to put out a tiny new update every other week in their slow time, release Diggs, or the other unavailable companions, a small bone in our direction. How many FTE hours can that really be.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 17:21:16 14/06/2015
I did have a Fiznik sales option 3 weeks ago .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#6 Posted: 19:01:06 18/06/2015
I have to force myself to play once a week until we have something to do.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 20:16:49 18/06/2015
I haven't been playing. I just check here and figure there will be an explosion of activity if anything happens.
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#8 Posted: 00:17:40 19/06/2015
I imagine another HUGE update when the new Skylanders game comes out for the consoles.
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
#9 Posted: 12:37:22 19/06/2015
I still play everyday .
---
#10 Posted: 13:05:48 19/06/2015
Hehe. The small postscript tacked on the end of the letter. I'm imagining that scene from Life of Brian where the crowd chants in unison "We're all individuals!" And a few seconds later, Dark fhoenix pipes up, "I'm not".
#11 Posted: 14:40:34 19/06/2015
I give a look every day, but that's because I can level up some guys still and Wolfgang is into visiting this month quite a lot. But my phone time is definately getting spent more on TV Tropes and Superchargers news lately.
---
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#12 Posted: 15:19:12 19/06/2015
I still visit every morning just to level up some of the characters and gather whatever alt house is for sale. Fortunately there are small quests for those houses and their occupants. I hope we can get back to playing soon.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
mgundel Green Sparx Gems: 440
#13 Posted: 00:55:14 02/07/2015
Yep, I think we've officially jumped the shark.....hopefully I'm wrong and something will trigger some acyivity, but ho hum over the past 2-3 months
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#14 Posted: 01:01:37 02/07/2015
It only had happend one month. I don't think it's a bad thing.
#15 Posted: 02:59:59 02/07/2015
Chirp chirp...
#16 Posted: 10:14:48 02/07/2015
I have not seen so many discounts on giant and alt houses . If you are missing so and so ALT , well he is going to be the wishy well .

We should sit back and take advantage of this instead of worrying when they will give more updates .
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#17 Posted: 00:44:43 03/07/2015
i'm trying to figure out how to stay interested in this game...... after adding a new skylander or maxing your favorite skylander.... there just doesn't seem to be any reason to keep on playing.
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#18 Posted: 15:29:31 21/07/2015
For when you dont have everything this is a great time to get the things you dont have or save for later. I personaly play everyday for gifts to my friends and getint more gems. When you dont have anything to spend them on the numbers go higher and higher.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#19 Posted: 07:46:36 26/07/2015
Two Months now get worried.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#20 Posted: 16:18:09 26/07/2015
It is not the two months that has me concerned, it is the fact that Superchargers doesn't really lend itself to a kingdom based game and they sort of just dumped most of the things out there for people to buy and left it like that. If they do update for the next game (and remember they have already abandoned both other mobile only games and the web based game), many people will have large stockpiles of resources that will trivialize it.

I've got a feeling Activision just decided to put resources elsewhere, halted development and put it into a harvest state. Maybe they will go back, but I personally doubt it. It was a good run.
#21 Posted: 16:36:45 26/07/2015
Universe was axed because the servers were absolutely horrendous and the Giant update made the game borderline unplayable for some(me included - even with the final week of infinite gold for everyone,I tried entering every day to salvage some screenshots to no avail). Considering it was pretty much made of old SSA assets, I doubt they actually wanted to get rid of it, but it was probably eating more money than it could make activity, since it was free.

Lost Islands, on the other hand, still is playable for most people, and is pretty easy to add content to.Yeah, Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds bit the dust, but now with Battlecast coming up it might've been to be replaced. Not much need to replace a SomethingVille-y game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:26 26/07/2015 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#22 Posted: 17:14:13 26/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Universe was axed because the servers were absolutely horrendous and the Giant update made the game borderline unplayable for some(me included - even with the final week of infinite gold for everyone,I tried entering every day to salvage some screenshots to no avail). Considering it was pretty much made of old SSA assets, I doubt they actually wanted to get rid of it, but it was probably eating more money than it could make activity, since it was free.

Lost Islands, on the other hand, still is playable for most people, and is pretty easy to add content to.Yeah, Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds bit the dust, but now with Battlecast coming up it might've been to be replaced. Not much need to replace a SomethingVille-y game.

Keep in mind things like visiting (something important for social "ville" type games) is still broken and can reset kingdoms as well.

No, maybe not replaced, but the question is whether they continue to dump money into further development. Right now, the game has a wealth of content for anyone that picks it up. It's us old players that want new content - and to be honest, most of us have loads of resources we are sitting on at the moment. We will chew through anything except things that are ridiculously gem expensive - and if they make them expensive, it puts them out of reach of new players. For Superchargers, they will need to add a new gimmick and more characters, of which we already have 214. I just don't see them continuing to make more stuff, they can just ride it out as is and forget it.
#23 Posted: 17:26:29 26/07/2015
They could put it in indefinite maintenance mode(tons of mobile games do it nowadays but for far pettier and greedier reasons) with the excuse that there's enough content, but they didn't exactly unlock everything avaliable. Some secret companions are missing and it's still taking a ton of luck just to have one show up in the random offers; if they were to stop development altogether they'd probably leave them avaliable.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me