Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Getting Nervous....where are the yawn traps!?!?!
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Getting Nervous....where are the yawn traps!?!?! [CLOSED]
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#1 Posted: 13:30:03 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I have been hunting for days and nothing is showing up ANYWHERE!!!!
Anyone have a clue or seen an in the US????
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#2 Posted: 01:52:52 11/06/2015
Not supposed to get them till close to the end of the month...also Steampunk Shrednaught is to be released with them.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 03:53:34 11/06/2015
I am getting nervous about it as well. Towards the end of every game starting with Giants, certain stuff has only been released in Australia. In Giants, Triple Packs 8 and 9 only came out in Australia, as well as single pack Jet-Vac. In Australia, for Swap Force, we never got the final two Triple Packs. If they pull that with the remaining 3 traps in North America, and only release them in Australia, I'm going to lose a lot of confidence in the Skylanders brand.

I didn't collect all traps, just to have to bend over backwards to get the final three traps.

So, Stinkbomb, you're not the only one, but you have every reason to be nervous.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#4 Posted: 13:51:40 11/06/2015
I'm a bit nervous about the availability of the remaining Dark/Light traps.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#5 Posted: 23:45:55 11/06/2015
they'll be at gamestop with the steampunk trap
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 01:03:32 12/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
they'll be at gamestop with the steampunk trap

proof?
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7 Posted: 21:28:50 25/06/2015
Guy on Facebook said he found them at best buy...nothing at mine yet...just a heads up!
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#8 Posted: 21:45:27 25/06/2015
Quote: temperedreason

All the Dark traps are out already. Just waiting on the Light Yawn.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 20:25:31 27/06/2015
Okay, with these not coming out at GameStop today, I'm a little antsy about them now.

I'm sure the'll get a US release - I'm just concerned with their availability. Non-water traps have been rather hard to get and I've managed to get my sets of earlier waves due to advance notice of when they'll be in stores.

Since these aren't shipping with any particular wave and the traps have pretty much been an after-thought for retailers, I'm guessing these will just show up in-store whenever and you'll either be checking stores every day or just luck into them. :(
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 21:09:28 27/06/2015
I still need a boxed set of my light and dark traps. Guess I'll be doing eBay.
Teratron Yellow Sparx Gems: 1796
#11 Posted: 05:02:24 02/07/2015
So I have a random question. I have yet to get to play the game (my wife and I are still crawling through Swap Force due to schedules), so maybe the answer is obvious, but why are they called Yawn traps? I.e. where do the terms for trap types (Yawn, Screamer, Captain's Hat, etc.) come from?

I've seen different names for the same traps in some cases (e.g. Handstand vs. Upside Down). I've seen the traps that are often called Captain's Hats, although they're apparently supposed to be spears (Spark Spear, Dream Piercer), as well as Scepter traps that are apparently supposed to be flowers (Factory Flower, Fire Flower). And then there are the Yawn traps that are apparently supposed to be screaming (Beam Scream, Shrub Shrieker, Blazing Belch), while other traps that aren't screaming are called Screamers (Scorching Stopper, Storm Warning).

The whole thing just leaves me kinda confused about why the traps are called what they are. Are these official terms from somewhere? Are they just names that someone made up on seeing the first pictures that have stuck around? Something else?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#12 Posted: 07:09:05 02/07/2015
Yeah, the generic design naming is weird and stupid, and the spears being called "captain's hat" is the most ridiculous fail of them all. There is no obvious explanation to where they originated, or why proper online stores are using these names.

Other notable comparisons (besides Yawn/Screamer and Screamer/Warning):
Tidal Tiki, Tech Totem - Tiki. A bit weird with "Tech Totem" being a "Tech Tiki", but okay.
Searing Spinner, Spinning Sandstorm, Spell Slapper - Totem. Well, that ruined "Tech Totem"...

Spooky Snake, Seed Serpent, Cloudy Cobra - Snake. That covers all of them.
Rock Hawk, Oak Eagle, Breezy Bird - Toucan. Species do not match - Why not Bird?
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 11:27:54 02/07/2015
i didnt know it was called that... so i googled a pic... now everyone knows what trap you talk about...
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#14 Posted: 14:59:30 02/07/2015
That picture really clears up the Yawn Trap name for me. Thanks.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#15 Posted: 20:14:08 02/07/2015
That's all I need as well...
Life x1 (for Chompy)
Fire x1
Light x2 ( for Eye Five and Lob Goblin)
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#16 Posted: 21:45:07 02/07/2015
i found a life yawn trap at the warehouse NZ.
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#17 Posted: 01:48:01 03/07/2015
Well i said by the end of the month...also Steampunk Shrednaught. Looks like i was WRONG...*grumbbles* lets hope we get the last 3 Traps(Yawn) sometime this month....HOPEFULLY!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:08 09/07/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#18 Posted: 22:29:13 08/07/2015
I am not buyin them, I already have a trap for each element, but I feel as though they will come with the launch of Superchargers, like Light core Hex did for Swap Force.
#19 Posted: 02:17:36 09/07/2015
Yeah...i'm thinking the same thing bro...Don't like ...but oh well smilie
---
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#20 Posted: 16:41:57 10/07/2015
So its bad enough there are four light/dark villains and only three trap models... I could forgive that asinine oversight. But not releasing the last three traps in the U.S.? WTF?!

The situation makes me glad I'm finishing with Trap Team and not buying into Superchargers (I hate racing games almost as much as I hate online multiplayer, and Superchargers looks to have both in spades). So the question becomes - do I pay inflated eBay prices just to finish the four game, 100 percent complete collection? Or do I wait and hope they get released here? What are you other completionists doing?
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#21 Posted: 07:25:19 11/07/2015
Waiting
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#22 Posted: 12:50:27 11/07/2015
Quote: temperedreason

I almost have all the different kinds of light and dark traps, just need light yawn. And I'll also need another duplicate light and dark trap to catch all of them...
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#23 Posted: 19:22:27 11/07/2015
Yeah we are all "WAITING" vinzclortho37....and hoping they arn't holding them back here in the states till the release of the next game.
---
#24 Posted: 18:45:44 13/07/2015
And it sucks! Actually, it isn't the wait I mind - it is the uncertainty. I wish they would just come out and say whether or not they are being released in the US. If so? Awesome - I can wait for a release date and get them then. If not? Awesome - I'll jump on eBay to finish up the collection.

I just wish we knew either way.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#25 Posted: 19:11:27 13/07/2015
Quote: vinzclortho37
And it sucks! Actually, it isn't the wait I mind - it is the uncertainty.

I feel exactly the opposite. It isn't the uncertainty. There is no uncertainty. The things will show up eventually. They may show up late enough that they aren't in huge numbers because no one cares anymore, but they will show up.

It's the freaking waiting! I know some people enjoy the hunt. Many of us would prefer to fork over $1000 on day one and just have every plastic bit and bob delivered as they are released. I want this game done. I want to walk thru a Walmart and not have to go check the Skylanders just in case. I want to not drive by a Toys R Us and wonder if I should stop because there might be something new this time. I just want to be finished.
#26 Posted: 18:02:04 14/07/2015
Here's my issue - I don't think it is 100 percent certain that these traps will be released in the states. That makes the uncertainty worse for me than the waiting... who knows if we'll even get what we are waiting for?

We've missed out on stuff before (packaging related, but still), Activision is making a big push for the next game and with effectively zero support in Superchargers, I'm not sure getting these traps out is something they will definitely do. Does that suck? Absolutely. But Activision doesn't give two craps about collectors and kids probably wouldn't mind never seeing these last three (or even notice).
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#27 Posted: 19:14:26 14/07/2015
Has anyone actually tried contacting them about it...?
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#28 Posted: 04:57:19 16/07/2015
We have tried inquiring. No response at all in regards to Yawn Traps. smilie
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#29 Posted: 12:45:02 16/07/2015
USA seriously needs those Yawn Traps asap.

---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#30 Posted: 17:19:11 16/07/2015
That settles it for me. If Activision won't even respond their darling Skylander Kids, those traps are NEVER coming out here.

Off to eBay so I can be done with the whole Skylanders thing!
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#31 Posted: 21:55:35 20/07/2015
What about the European Amazon sites? Won't these hit there? Gotta be cheaper than eBay?
#32 Posted: 19:22:47 22/07/2015
Quote: stoat2337
What about the European Amazon sites? Won't these hit there? Gotta be cheaper than eBay?

unless you live in europe, amazon sites from there won't ship skylanders to the states anymore
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#33 Posted: 20:06:25 22/07/2015

unless you live in europe, amazon sites from there won't ship skylanders to the states anymore

It depends on the seller. If it is shipped AND sold by Amazon, they should. Lots of people are getting Amiibos this way these days, particularly next wave stuff since most won't be out here until September.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#34 Posted: 20:34:28 22/07/2015
Quote: defpally

It depends on the seller. If it is shipped AND sold by Amazon, they should. Lots of people are getting Amiibos this way these days, particularly next wave stuff since most won't be out here until September.

It also seems to depend on the country. I've been denied by Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr but had orders fly right through when placed on Amazon.it or Amazon.de. I think it may have to do with individual laws regarding distribution of regional "video game" materials, as I got a line that read something like that the last time I tried to order a non-local Skylander via Amazon.co.uk.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#35 Posted: 22:42:07 22/07/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: defpally

It also seems to depend on the country. I've been denied by Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr but had orders fly right through when placed on Amazon.it or Amazon.de. I think it may have to do with individual laws regarding distribution of regional "video game" materials, as I got a line that read something like that the last time I tried to order a non-local Skylander via Amazon.co.uk.

-Doug

i used to be able to get from amazon.it and .de but for some reason i can't get skylanders from them anymore. yet for the us amazon i can order from someone that is from germany which i did to get an echo pretty cheap. i had something of the similar line you had. i'm in the states and never had a problem with delivery from .de.
---
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#36 Posted: 04:43:22 29/07/2015
There needs to be something I am stressed out about the lack there of from these traps.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#37 Posted: 05:59:58 29/07/2015
Got mine from eBay got tired of waiting
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#38 Posted: 12:59:53 29/07/2015
We should all facebook, twitter, google, youtube, etc message, post, etc Skylanders, Activision, etc, inquiring about when the Light, Life, and Fire Yawn Traps will be available for our countries.
Links for quick message/posting:

https://www.facebook.com/SkylandersGame

https://twitter.com/SkylandersGame

https://plus.google.com/+skylanders/posts

https://www.youtube.com/user/S..._confirmation=1
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#39 Posted: 17:07:17 03/08/2015
Quote: Portal___Master
We should all facebook, twitter, google, youtube, etc message, post, etc Skylanders, Activision, etc, inquiring about when the Light, Life, and Fire Yawn Traps will be available for our countries.

Lots of people have already done so and are met with silence on the part of whoever is handling the social media accounts for them. I think someone needs to hit up one of the bigwigs at Activision/Toys for Bob/Vicarious Visions during one of the live Q&A sessions that keep happening, if only to bring light to the issue.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#40 Posted: 17:53:46 03/08/2015
Just another reason for the collector to "abandon ship".
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#41 Posted: 15:01:20 04/08/2015
What the heck is up with last waves?

SSA - whamshell
SG - Drobot
SSF - Firebone hotdog
SST - yawn traps
#42 Posted: 16:54:57 04/08/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks
What the heck is up with last waves?

SSA - whamshell
SG - Drobot
SSF - Firebone hotdog
SST - yawn traps

The difference with Trap Team has been that instead of the missing character/item being shortpacked (as Whamshell, S2 Drobot & Fire Bone Hot Dog were) is that the yawn traps have apparently never made it out of a brief stint in Australia. If I had to guess, I'd say that they're probably stuck in a warehouse somewhere due to retailers not ordering hte last waves to fill out shelves. If they don't make it out before SuperChargers hits, hopefully Activision will make sure to ship them alongside all of the SuperChargers starters and wave 1 figures and vehicles.

-Doug
---
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#43 Posted: 19:52:25 04/08/2015
Glad I ordered mine before they went extincted on eBay
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#44 Posted: 20:14:11 04/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I know I started this discussion but from what I have seen is that there seem to not be any chance that the yawn traps will even make it to the United States.

I went and bought mine off of eBay a couple months ago and now high demand is going to drive up the price.

Good luck to all who try to obtain a full collection.

Looks like even this time around with the promise of fewer figures to get, the starting gate will get us with the several starter packs it will take to acquire all the figures :s
trail blazer Green Sparx Gems: 167
#45 Posted: 21:36:45 04/08/2015
I try not to complain on the forums as much as possible. I don't have issue with late shipments or longer than expected wait times, not that I don't want my collection to get filled out as fast as possible.
However, I fail to understand the logic of not shipping out the last traps for purchase!! You have GUARANTEED sales!! Which as many have stated is what Activision is concerned about, than I do not understand the logic that would turn away a guaranteed sale! I was a little confused on the whole trap to villian ratio, where for some categories there are more villians than traps and yet others with more traps than villians! but again I was gonna let it slide because I sincerely like the game! However to not release a item to certain regions or countries that have supported your game all year long with every possible monetary contribution they had is complete crap!! Why hose the people who are the diehards of your series? because when they start to leave it etches away at the whole foundation that is supporting you!! Hopefully this is just a incredibly slow shipment and will still show up! Otherwise it it a really crappy thing to do to your fans!!
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#46 Posted: 21:46:07 04/08/2015
I totally agree Trail Blazer!.....don't mind the wait...never been one to complain ..but if these traps never hit the good ol USA ....I will be done...I'm almost done now with short coming on chase figures...and then you put the cherry on top with the gimmicklanders...wow nice sucker Punch!
#47 Posted: 22:33:12 04/08/2015
Quote: trail blazer
However to not release a item to certain regions or countries that have supported your game all year long with every possible monetary contribution they had is complete crap!! Why hose the people who are the diehards of your series? because when they start to leave it etches away at the whole foundation that is supporting you!! Hopefully this is just a incredibly slow shipment and will still show up! Otherwise it it a really crappy thing to do to your fans!!

As it is, it looks like they had a relatively small shipment show up in Australia and that was it, as otherwise Aussies from all over would be putting these things up on eBay constantly versus the handful of sellers who actually did. I'm guessing that they're either stuck in a warehouse somewhere or this was some sort of deliberate release tactic on Activision's part (like the wave 6 "All Stars") which will just upset fans and ultimately backfire on them. Worst case scenario, these will probably show up by the shovelful in $5 & Below toward the end of this year or next year as the normally packaged Punk Shock did (along with a ton of later swappers & variants). I'm NOT paying $50 a trap for these things and not letting somebody hold my money on a "preorder" on eBay that has no guarantee of ever being filled, so I guess I (and others) will just have to be patient and keep hoping.

-Doug
---
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#48 Posted: 23:24:57 04/08/2015
Well said Doug. I am in the same boat as you.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#49 Posted: 23:52:10 04/08/2015
I still see the life yawn from time to time but the rest are gone. All that is left is Kaos and Water/life (mostly wave one) and Outlaw traps.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#50 Posted: 01:36:06 05/08/2015
Yes i agree with Doug as well....and will wait also...and like him i'm not pay'in 50 bucks for a 7 dollar Trap. Skylanderdad needs to try to get ahold of lou...and find out what the devil is going on.
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me