Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Superchargers- in stores September 20th
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Superchargers- in stores September 20th [CLOSED]
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#1 Posted: 16:20:22 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Official reveal trailer: https://www.facebook.com/Skyla...29066163785204/

Official preorder: http://www.skylanders.com/where-to-buy
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#2 Posted: 22:13:59 03/06/2015
I can't wait to NOT spend my money on on this.

Skylanders has officially "jumped the shark".
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#3 Posted: 23:42:21 03/06/2015
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=117743
---
words. letters. filler.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 00:05:47 04/06/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
I can't wait to NOT spend my money on on this.

Skylanders has officially "jumped the shark".

With one trailer and a bit of gameplay,you have reached the ultimate conclusion that you know enough of the game to say this is the worst in the series. Please,do use your guessing power for something less subjective.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#5 Posted: 05:25:25 04/06/2015
Ya' know Bifrost, I'd love to see them use their talents by making the game better and character development.

Instead we get to see more emphasis on toys... AGAIN!

I stand by my statement... Skylanders has "jumped the shark"!

I hope they prove me wrong and this game is better than Trap Team and Swap Force.

IMO Skylanders has been on a downhill slide since Swap Force. Giants is still my favorite installment.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:26:43 04/06/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 05:44:22 04/06/2015

The series that virtually invented "Toys to Life" as we know it is focusing on the toys? Gotcha.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#7 Posted: 07:18:42 04/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob

The series that virtually invented "Toys to Life" as we know it is focusing on the toys? Gotcha.

It is but he has a point. There should be a little more development in story for older gamers as well. If it's just to put the next new shiny in all the time and throw these "toys" in with as little development as possible there's little attachment from game to game and it further shies away from buying. Sure they're targeting kids mostly but those with money that don't buy it is more lost sales. They're gonna take a hit on this one for sure. The only thing they got right is lowering the amount of figures drastically. Since SA this is the first game that has only that much to invest in at the top 40. So if only 5 new per wave that's not bad. Other than that I'd still pass since it's stale gameplay but with vehicles now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#8 Posted: 10:20:12 04/06/2015
A true Skylanders fan would have said "jumped the Terrafin"...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 12:15:39 04/06/2015
They'll jump the shark the moment the game actually sucks hard for the majority of the fandom. You keep using that expression as something you don't like,that's not what it means.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#10 Posted: 11:31:58 05/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
They'll jump the shark the moment the game actually sucks hard for the majority of the fandom. You keep using that expression as something you don't like,that's not what it means.

this could be that game for the majority
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#11 Posted: 11:55:22 05/06/2015
I will do it in a year.......... maybe ? I am starting my Trap Team adventure on the 28th . I know its all about speed and nitro and charging but there is really no reason to rush . It will only be available where i live in December .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:57:19 05/06/2015 by Dark fhoenix
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#12 Posted: 16:05:52 05/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: Bifrost

this could be that game for the majority

While anything is possible, and no offense intended, at the moment it seems like it's just a very vocal minority that's having issues with the new game.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#13 Posted: 02:08:14 07/06/2015
If you saw the videos of gameplay from Skylander Boy and Girl, this game's unlike its predecessors.. True, they're back with toys (the vehicles), but they're as much as part of the story as the figures.
Those that are coming back get new paths and powers. The vehicles are as much characters as the figures themselves, with upgrades and modifications.
The vehicles are able to do things the figures can't do.
First time you get to become a Skylanders version of a SEAL due to the vehicles.
Wait a while before you judge. Don't be so quick to do so.
What do you think LEGO Dimensions is going to be? 100% toys. DI 3? Figures...hence toys.
Of the ones currently out (not really counting Amiibo because they're more collectibles or resellers on EBay), which ones doing the better business? It sure ain't Infinity, that's for sure.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#14 Posted: 17:09:46 07/06/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I will do it in a year.......... maybe ? I am starting my Trap Team adventure on the 28th . I know its all about speed and nitro and charging but there is really no reason to rush . It will only be available where i live in December .

I'm so sorry...
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Quote: darkchylde28

While anything is possible, and no offense intended, at the moment it seems like it's just a very vocal minority that's having issues with the new game.

-Doug

Indeed. I for one am happy that they've pulled the breaks on number of figures being released. Swap Force was a bit much, Trap Team was insane, nice to see it brought back down.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#15 Posted: 18:23:17 07/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: UncleBob

It is but he has a point. There should be a little more development in story for older gamers as well. If it's just to put the next new shiny in all the time and throw these "toys" in with as little development as possible there's little attachment from game to game and it further shies away from buying. Sure they're targeting kids mostly but those with money that don't buy it is more lost sales. They're gonna take a hit on this one for sure. The only thing they got right is lowering the amount of figures drastically. Since SA this is the first game that has only that much to invest in at the top 40. So if only 5 new per wave that's not bad. Other than that I'd still pass since it's stale gameplay but with vehicles now.

Thank you for understanding some of the complaints some fans are having. I'm fine with a toy innovation but they should be wowing us with GAME INNOVATION as well. Granted, they said that the vehicle aspect will take on a lot of forms etc, and there does appear to be SOME STRATEGY involved with it...hope they have some other skylandery stuff that goes along with this. I mean, isn't it getting old to chase down soul gems, treasure chests and hats all the time? I was excited to hear from Guha on the TYPES of levels we're going to have, and they do appear very interesting--so maybe some of the cool stuff is tucked into there.

The extreme pullback on figures and vehicles baffles my mind really. Not sure if TT sales caused that or the developers have finally gotten through to management where the "break point" of future support is. I was looking for something in the 40-50. 40 tops (half vehicles) is the antithesis of Trap Team.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:27:08 07/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me