Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
SuperChargers Confirmed
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 23:36:14 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, there we have it, Skylanders: SuperChargers confirmed. Thanks to Eurogamer (link now broken) and new forum member BOOMCAKE we have a look at some of the new characters, vehicles, and reposes as well as the logo for the new game.

[User Posted Image]

Backing up the recent Amazon listings there is a reposed version of Stealth Elf along with reposes for Trigger Happy and Terrafin, bringing them each up to Series 4. If the Amazon information is indeed correct then the middle of the three new Skylanders is called Spitfire, no names are known for the other two just yet.

The official embargo is anticipated to be lifted sometime tomorrow so expect more details on Skylanders: SuperChargers very soon!
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2 Posted: 23:41:54 02/06/2015
Cool as heck
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 23:43:56 02/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

*yawn*
Nothing to see here, just more stuff to suck up kids' allowance money.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 23:47:23 02/06/2015
HIR,just because you're not interested doesn't mean only kids would be. I am interested... Slightly, but I am, more than SF at least.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 00:08:11 03/06/2015
I'm unfortunately reminded of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts looking at this. Maybe Rare's aiding in development? XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#6 Posted: 00:28:40 03/06/2015
Quote: HIR
I'm unfortunately reminded of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts looking at this. Maybe Rare's aiding in development? XP

They'd have to be seriously be trying to make something of that sort,plus it's not the same genre. This feels more like they put the Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed cars in a beat-em-up. Unless they changed the gameplay this time,which would be unwise to say the least. We'll see that in a few hours probably.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7 Posted: 00:47:27 03/06/2015
I really hope they make a Series 2 smilie
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#8 Posted: 01:30:12 03/06/2015
Well ok then!
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#9 Posted: 02:54:11 03/06/2015
I think this is a bad move for skylanders. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade and i know we got a few who will like this obviously.
But point would be that both Disney infinity and Lego have a focus on cars and such.
It's also the one thing i am betting Disney infinity will do better then them.
But I think this move is going to turn more people away then going to bring in.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#10 Posted: 03:12:20 03/06/2015
HYYYYYPE!
---
Spread those positive vibes
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#11 Posted: 07:20:47 03/06/2015
LOOOL. After a decent move with Trap Team and releasing minimal version of reposes (yeah, Minis could be counted as ones but at least they were technically different characters) it seems we will return to the standards from SF. Who needs elevents Trigger Happy, fourth Terrafin and sixth or seventh Stealth Elf? Not to mention that new characters looks so... awful. I agree with HIR, they just want to suck money from fans.

And veihicles are the new gimmick? Yeah... Putting vehicles and drivers as gimmicks is just lack of ideas in my eyes. Skylanders games were great platformers, racing game with them will be just another attempt to copy Mario Kart, except in the lesser you don't need to buy 2 figures just to play it.

@Street50 - DI doesn't focus on cars completly. Vehicles are just addition. Lego can have anything in their game, assuming how many franchises they've claimed and can implant into game. It seems that Skylanders 5 at least in half will have to focus on vehicles, because they are the "new gimmick".
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#12 Posted: 11:23:30 03/06/2015
this art style remind me of the hotwheels toys, this might be the first skylanders game i skip... its becoming to kiddified.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:24:10 03/06/2015 by CountMoneyBone
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#13 Posted: 12:53:37 03/06/2015
Aw man they didn't include Light/Dark in the logo! Plus, look at Trigger Happy! Is he wearing a bib or a cape? What did they do to him?
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#14 Posted: 13:50:52 03/06/2015
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever
Aw man they didn't include Light/Dark in the logo! Plus, look at Trigger Happy! Is he wearing a bib or a cape? What did they do to him?

Dark and Light are on the background, they didn't specify why it's not on the logo. Trigger Happy apparently is wearing Speed Racer-like cosplay but I can't see that at all.

Also,the game is really a vehicle game slapped on top of a hack-and-slash(completely screwed up the genre yesterday). It's nor Nuts and Bolts because you don't build cars,you just change their stats and appearance, and not Racing Transformed because the vehicles are set to one type of terrain. Now how much of race and how much of button mash is up to question.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:04 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#15 Posted: 07:18:07 04/06/2015
They really need to detach Spyro from this. Looks like an interesting concept, but in my opinion, Skylanders as a whole isn't super-creative. The characters are cool, but gameplay wise there's literally nothing that stands out about the games. It feels like a combat based button masher, which gets tired after a while. Just like TLoS. I realise I've probably offended 2/3 of the board here, but it's just the way I feel about those games.

That being said, this has the potential to be cool. The actual environments look awesome; I just wish they'd do something creative with them, instead of hiding a majority of things behind a damn paywall (Giant boxes, Swap Force doors, Skylander type doors etc).

Quote: SennyBonku
Skylanders games were great platformers, .

I was going to say literally the exact opposite about Skylanders. Particularly Swap Force. The first two games you can't even jump! As a platformer, the gameplay is unimaginative as it can get. I'm talking about the platforming and the way you get around levels. Not the whole game obviously (as I mentioned, everything looks good), but I just don't see how any of them are great games. Spyro 1-3 changed the formula up each time while still being similar. And offered an actual challenge despite being aimed at a younger market.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:22:56 04/06/2015 by CrystalFissure
#16 Posted: 12:07:48 04/06/2015
"This isn't Spyro enough for me, get Spyro out of it"

Well darn time for Acti to throw their plans out of the window and change everything because apparently his IP has a genre meter.
They're not coming back to full plataformers outside of the 3DS versions until they feel like it. I'd rather have him in a hack-and-slash than nowhere.
---
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#17 Posted: 10:08:03 05/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
"This isn't Spyro enough for me, get Spyro out of it"

Well darn time for Acti to throw their plans out of the window and change everything because apparently his IP has a genre meter.
They're not coming back to full plataformers outside of the 3DS versions until they feel like it. I'd rather have him in a hack-and-slash than nowhere.

Eh, whether you're being snarky or not, it doesn't change the point that the series has made Spyro as irrelevant as they ever could. Where people get excited about unrelated comic books, as opposed to actually using the IP in a meaningful way. Same with Crash too; what a disgrace.

To me, Skylanders is unimaginative compared to what they could have done. Everyone says "it's for the kids", as if Spyro the Dragon wasn't originally for the kids either. The difference is, the latter actually had substance to their characters. They weren't about selling more DLC to unlock irrelevant mini-games and challenges. By definition, the series is a sell-out.
#18 Posted: 12:14:49 05/06/2015
UNRELATED comic books? Both the books and comics are part of the canon, just because you don't touch a controller doesn't make anything irrelevant.

And I'll just repeat myself. I prefer Spyro a second-in-command and in physical DLC than being down there in the limbo with Crash. Also the toys don't unlock minigames and challenges, they're other characters entirely. Now, we can continue to argue like everyone that shows up in the Skylanders forums for that does.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me