darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#201 Posted: 07:40:26 26/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: SkylanderGoo
I have a hard time believing vehicles since the 250+ skylanders created won't fit in them unless they are gigantic and putting a car on a portal like a magic item seems kinda lame. Plus we already have skylanders on vehicles such as Fryno, sprocket, boom jet, tread
head etc

It could be limited to the new Gimmicklanders.

Ok now it's official: somebody knows somehing and we will too, really soon.
The hype is officially killing me. smilie

What's up with your avatar,lol? Last time ghoastroaster had an avatar like that he dissapeared from these forums.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#202 Posted: 07:47:16 26/05/2015
Let's hope we get some good news soon about other features like online capabilities.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Poseidon133 Green Sparx Gems: 337
#203 Posted: 09:31:56 26/05/2015
As I recall, Trap Team suffered the same rumour of a racing gimmick. Probably fake again.
---
Please subscribe to my YouTbe Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpORJNqJJzU54GqCgzQ37rQ
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#204 Posted: 09:47:02 26/05/2015
Quote: Poseidon133
As I recall, Trap Team suffered the same rumour of a racing gimmick. Probably fake again.

This is also very true but this time it seems like we have a more clues that point to that direction (the most important being the "engine" under the new Fire Skylander and the prequel comic's name).

The article that confirmed that very same character to be official also hinted that some of the rumors may not be true at all, so maybe they are purposely taking us in the wrong way.
But he might be referring to the rumored title as well as the fact it will include vehicles.

One thing is sure: they want us to talk about this game and they absolutely hit the target.
Who knows, maybe they also purposely let us see the new Fire character because it would have confused things even more...

What if we saw Tread Head as the first leaked character for Trap Team...?
That would have undoubtedly confused us a lot.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#205 Posted: 09:53:11 26/05/2015
I have to admit it is so much fun to see everyone speculating, doubting (which I really really like - you have to be sceptical in life!) and sometimes even seeing people passing off findings as their own. And quickly everyones source is darkspyro, someone from the SkylandersGame Facebook page or FamilyGamerTV who put their watermark on an instagram post from someone else they didn't even find themselves. So much fun! smilie
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:55:46 26/05/2015 by myskylanders
#206 Posted: 09:58:19 26/05/2015
I don't think I fall in the cathegory you mentioned (always try to give the right credits) but if I did, sorry and shame on me...

But you are right, speculating is so much fun! smilie
Especially when you know that somebody knows the truth; not being sarcastic, I really love that situation because it means we will probably know it too, soon... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:59:37 26/05/2015 by Drek95
#207 Posted: 10:44:01 26/05/2015
Of course you don't, but at least half of the people who are here for skylanders related news don't give credit to the people who found them. They make videos and blog posts sounding like they found it themselves. This includes some who consider themselves "big players". Sobering.

And yeah, only half of my posting was sarcastic, it IS fun reading and fueling all this.
---
#208 Posted: 11:13:11 26/05/2015
Quote: myskylanders
Of course you don't, but at least half of the people who are here for skylanders related news don't give credit to the people who found them. They make videos and blog posts sounding like they found it themselves. This includes some who consider themselves "big players". Sobering.

And yeah, only half of my posting was sarcastic, it IS fun reading and fueling all this.

Yes... Sadly is a common and disrespectful behaviour that becomes especially unnerving in these times of hype.

Keep adding fuel to this fire, my friend, things are just starting to get really interesting... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#209 Posted: 11:55:26 26/05/2015

I agree. I may not always give credit, but I never claim it as my own.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#210 Posted: 12:08:15 26/05/2015
Quote:
My biggest concern with going the vehicles route in a big way, is the impact it may have on the female fanbase.

Cars , Racing or Transformers is fine for the Tech Element but if its the overall gimmick theme then I am not interested . This will have zero impact on me .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#211 Posted: 12:15:36 26/05/2015
smilie^

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be the penultimate (or final) skylanders game? Their sales have been falling as of late (comparing sales of trap team), unless they plan to make a *shudders* movie or something...

Probably just false hope smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:27 26/05/2015 by WFLD
#212 Posted: 12:21:34 26/05/2015
Yes that is also one of my "biggest" concerns.

Look, I could see vehicles of wood, flowers and leaves, for Life, shell and coral-made chariots for Water, steampunk zeppelins for Air and so on... But they could look forced.

We'll see, they might not introduce vehicles in the traditional ways (they might not even introduce them at all)...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#213 Posted: 14:59:37 26/05/2015
Huh,as luck would have it, there was a rerun of that Hot Wheels cartoon on a channel I watch every now and then. Though Brazilian dubs made it hard to sit through, yeah, that's a show with cars that appeals to anyone.
The cool cars aren't entirely the focus, nor they're there just for plot device. Each one supplements a character's personality with its powers,and they still make for great action scenes. There was little need to girlify anything,too - the token tomboy girls are supposed to identify with doesn't need to be feminine to balance the fact she likes cars, because she's as deep as any of the guys or villains.
Again, I haven't watched in a long time and I saw just a part during lunch, so I could be wrong. But my point is that you can have a story with cars that isn't biased towards boys only.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#214 Posted: 15:17:37 26/05/2015
My 3yo daughter is nothing like a tomboy, and she loves cars, trucks and any kind of vehicle. Boy's vs Girl's toys is an obsolete concept.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#215 Posted: 15:29:22 26/05/2015
Quote: ultyzaus
My 3yo daughter is nothing like a tomboy, and she loves cars, trucks and any kind of vehicle. Boy's vs Girl's toys is an obsolete concept.

It should be, but way too many parents still make their girls like dolls and the boys like vehicles, so the workaround for a franchise is convincing them the other thing is also cool. Better yet, why not both, some popular dolls fit in decent-sized cars, for example.
---
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#216 Posted: 16:12:33 26/05/2015
Made a new Spec video wit a shout out to Zap Norris and the Site! Enjoy!
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#217 Posted: 16:45:22 26/05/2015
I have to admit it is so much fun to see everyone speculating, doubting (which I really really like - you have to be sceptical in life!) and sometimes even seeing people passing off findings as their own. And quickly everyones source is darkspyro, someone from the SkylandersGame Facebook page or FamilyGamerTV who put their watermark on an instagram post from someone else they didn't even find themselves. So much fun! smilie

The text from the instagram post you found and that I recreated in full, has never been used in any Family Gamer content. I put in the effort doing that purely for the folks here at Dark Spyro and I wanted people to know who had done it. This isn't about one upmanship or a rush for hits. I'm a genuine fan and freelance journalist, who appreciates the passion of this community. I'm also a huge fan of myskylanders.de and the work you do. FamilyGamerTV will always try to credit sources, when and where we use content, retroactively if necessary.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#218 Posted: 18:47:43 26/05/2015
Saying that cars don't appeal to girls is pretty sexist if you ask me.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#219 Posted: 18:59:24 26/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute

To be fair, a lot of parents are sexist. I was lucky to not have sexis/stereotyping parents. I'm proud to say I have a Hot Wheels, nerf gun, and stuffed animal collection, as well as a large appreciation of dance. The question comes in this form though,
Is it more sexist to make very girly cars to appeal to girls as well?
Although if you had female gimmick-landers like Sprocket, it could work without having girly vehicles.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#220 Posted: 19:02:34 26/05/2015
Never said it wasn't. But when peer pressure or family makes you to stick to a certain toy you won't be breaking out of that until you're much older, and out of the target audience. Heck, Happy Meals was supposed to unify things a year ago due to uproar from MLP fans who didn't want their sons getting weird looks, but they still ask people to choose by that category in my country(dunno about the US).
Like Ninja, I grew up with toy cars and action figures and no one really looked down on me because I reenacted fantasy movies with ponies, cars and LEGOs. But not all parents are willing to give up on an easier, if lazier, label.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:06:13 26/05/2015 by Bifrost
#221 Posted: 19:03:20 26/05/2015

I don't recall anyone saying that?
---
#222 Posted: 19:23:59 26/05/2015
Well that's good to hear wesley, but I doubt that it is even legit to make screenshots of someone else's instagram posts, therefore I refrained from doing it. I found that picture, too, as it is not very interesting I decided not to show it.

But more importantly I think I've never seen a FamilyGamerTV video mentioning myskylanders.de as source of the information shown or talked about. It takes dozens of hours every week to find all this stuff. I don't accidently find the Infinity 3.0 starter pack or the possible title of a new skylanders game.
---
#223 Posted: 19:54:29 26/05/2015
But more importantly I think I've never seen a FamilyGamerTV video mentioning myskylanders.de as source of the information shown or talked about. It takes dozens of hours every week to find all this stuff. I don't accidently find the Infinity 3.0 starter pack or the possible title of a new skylanders game.

If it's not happened in the past, I sincerely apologise on behalf of myself and Andy. If in future you see one of our videos that you feel piggybacks on your own efforts, please contact Andy or I directly and we'll ensure you're credited. There are many instances where we come across information that isn't properly sourced (which we may need to do better investigating) and I'm sure there are instances where we haven't given credit when we should have, it is never done intentionally though.

Sorry for derailing things, bringing the topic back on track

https://twitter.com/JennaBusch...284319302385664
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:55:50 26/05/2015 by wideawakewesley
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#224 Posted: 19:55:55 26/05/2015
[User Posted Image]

Found this on the subreddit
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#225 Posted: 20:01:10 26/05/2015
Well.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#226 Posted: 20:02:03 26/05/2015
Well.

So, if Skylanders Superchargers is really the fifth mainstream game then it will come out for the Wii.
#227 Posted: 20:17:52 26/05/2015
Oh, well.

So it looks like it's really Superchargers, whatever that means.
Maybe "power disks" aren't that unlikely after all.

And someone is going to a preview... And is allowed to say it.

Getting closer and closer. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#228 Posted: 20:20:18 26/05/2015
[User Posted Image]

supercharger lol
---
THE END IS NEAR
#229 Posted: 20:21:05 26/05/2015

Don't be so sure about the last part of that sentence. People make mistakes.

Also, I wouldn't take the listing as absolute gospel at this point. Especially an image cropped like that.
---
#230 Posted: 20:30:42 26/05/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

Don't be so sure about the last part of that sentence. People make mistakes.

Also, I wouldn't take the listing as absolute gospel at this point. Especially an image cropped like that.

Yes that is true. I guess it will be removed if it wasn't permitted.
But still... Someone is going at a preview. That must mean that the reveal is close; it might even happen in a couple hours!

That image might have been taken from a shop computer in a... Not so lecit way
But I'm still not convinced about the Wii version.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:00 26/05/2015 by Drek95
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#231 Posted: 20:59:00 26/05/2015
I'm on the fence. The Wii SKU was still a top seller. It mostly depends on how many redeemed those Wii U download codes. If I was to bet actual, physical cash, though, I'd throw $50 down on there being a Wii version at this point.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#232 Posted: 21:21:25 26/05/2015
I'm very surprised it's on the wii. Not long now from the looks of things.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#233 Posted: 21:22:58 26/05/2015
This could've been easily faked,though, so have the full salt shaker there. It's as easy as having a higher up not looking while you add,take a screenshot/photo and quickly remove the listings, and look that none of them say "Starter Pack" at the end. I'll go with nope, Wii is still not confirmed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:21 26/05/2015 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#234 Posted: 21:27:59 26/05/2015
I know this idea sounds silly and I pray to god that it won't come true, but what if you can upgrade your karts instead of your skylander... *shivers*
#235 Posted: 21:31:06 26/05/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
I know this idea sounds silly and I pray to god that it won't come true, but what if you can upgrade your karts instead of your skylander... *shivers*

Why not both?
Vehicles could be like traps and they register small upgrades and cosmetic stuff, or only register to the current save file. No need to get anything out of the Skylander, since Gimmicklander size is more than enough to fit.
---
#236 Posted: 21:35:18 26/05/2015
IIt would be good if there was a story mode and kart story mode. That would sure spice up the franchise.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#237 Posted: 01:32:33 27/05/2015
Quote: angelg
What's up with your avatar,lol? Last time ghoastroaster had an avatar like that he dissapeared from these forums.

Drek is documenting his DOA skylander return. Apparently, Rocky Roll is back in action.

GhostRoaster never left. I am he. As suggested by the signature of GR's account, I've started this one to replace that one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:42 27/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#238 Posted: 01:36:05 27/05/2015
^ My main man Lemons speaks the truth.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#239 Posted: 01:37:00 27/05/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
^ My main man Lemons speaks the truth.

Ghostroster is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#240 Posted: 03:31:14 27/05/2015
I have only been reading this thread in parts, so I don't know if this has been speculated, but there is no reason that vehicles couldn't just be level type pieces. I don't think we know exactly how many NFC tags the current portal can read simultaneously, only that it is at least, what, 7? 6? Can you use two items at once, or only one? I don't use items. It could be another Giants situation wherein they repackage the current portal, which is smart, because ideally we want to retain the ability to use villains. Someone earlier mentioned existing Skylanders not being able to fit into vehicles, but if the vehicle pieces are a level piece size, and appear larger in game, problem solved.
---
Hail Sithis
#241 Posted: 07:21:35 27/05/2015
Skylanders Overdrive Confirmed smilie

http://websta.me/p/993840729852600038_367987934
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#242 Posted: 07:23:19 27/05/2015
smilie Nice one.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#243 Posted: 08:33:18 27/05/2015
How I don't see it?
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#244 Posted: 08:57:30 27/05/2015
after looking at the pic above i see they have made a version for the old wii this time too... i feel sorry for the old wii owners and what nightmare they are gonna go through with this version. i just hopes the other version will not suffer too, specially the wiiu,ps3,xb360 versions.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:58:19 27/05/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#245 Posted: 09:00:16 27/05/2015
You realize it's a custom track set as a Sky 5 joke right?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#246 Posted: 09:03:15 27/05/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
after looking at the pic above i see they have made a version for the old wii this time too... i feel sorry for the old wii owners and what nightmare they are gonna go through with this version. i just hopes the other version will not suffer too, specially the wiiu,ps3,xb360 versions.

We are still discussing the legitimacy of that pic.

If it is real, however, I completely agree: they must not let Wii's restrictions limit other versions.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#247 Posted: 09:06:44 27/05/2015
Guys it's a joke picture. Even the post made by the uploader says so.

"anki @ri630 made #CrossroadsTrack HER #CustomTrack by adding #Skylanders!
Today's your last chance to win an Anki T-shirt by sharing YOUR #CustomTrack!"
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#248 Posted: 09:10:30 27/05/2015
so someone at a danish retail just added the info to their system as a joke, and then took a picture of it... yeah yeah, in a few days or a week we all will know about sky5 anyway.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:11:56 27/05/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#249 Posted: 09:13:27 27/05/2015
Quote: Aura24
Guys it's a joke picture. Even the post made by the uploader says so.

"anki @ri630 made #CrossroadsTrack HER #CustomTrack by adding #Skylanders!
Today's your last chance to win an Anki T-shirt by sharing YOUR #CustomTrack!"

No no, we were talking about the list of Skylanders Superchargers versions on a computer monitor, not the pic with Enigma and the cars. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#250 Posted: 09:15:38 27/05/2015
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the most recent one which is above Count's comment. Specific differences might help smilie;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:25:41 27/05/2015 by Aura24
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me