darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#101 Posted: 02:41:53 25/05/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
This guy gave some news for sonic fans,so i trust him.
Proof

Um, wha? Um, why is this here?
---
Spread those positive vibes
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#102 Posted: 02:46:10 25/05/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Quote: skylandersspyro
This guy gave some news for sonic fans,so i trust him.
Proof

Um, wha? Um, why is this here?

Proof that this guy knows what hes talking about.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Eternal Harvest Green Sparx Gems: 356
#103 Posted: 02:59:00 25/05/2015
I'm a car guy, but if it's really called superchargers, well it seems that they're running out of ideas. The name sounds like an ability Magna Charge could have. Well time for me to buy Disney Infinity 3.0 instead.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#104 Posted: 03:04:11 25/05/2015
Why is everyone so pessimistic over this idea again? I honestly don't get it.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#105 Posted: 03:26:19 25/05/2015
I agree about the pessimism. Why can't people wait and see the final result. They literally have no idea what anything will look like, play like, or anything. And I can't wrap my head around why people are so turned off by cars or vehicles... Most people complaining will most likely get excited around E3 anyways though...
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#106 Posted: 03:51:37 25/05/2015
I don't get it either, vehicles seems promising to me.

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#107 Posted: 04:14:37 25/05/2015
Too early to make assumptions. Not sure how vehicles could be implemented but I guess we'll have to see. As long as it isn't just a kart racer I'll be alright.
dragons50SH Green Sparx Gems: 300
#108 Posted: 04:55:16 25/05/2015
It's too early to say if the idea is bad or not, don't judge a game just for it's name. The best thing we can do now is wait 'till the game is announced and see if the way the gimmick is used in gameplay is good, instead of just moving to other games just for the name of the next game.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#109 Posted: 05:02:14 25/05/2015
I just died a little on the inside...
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#110 Posted: 05:15:12 25/05/2015
Every year we go through this.
Reveal -> Backlash -> Most People Come Around to the Idea -> Release Nears -> Hype

I'm no different. The day they revealed Swap Force, my first thought was "That...sounds...embarrassing." It ended up being my favorite in the series thus far.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#111 Posted: 06:46:54 25/05/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Activision is HORRIBLE at keeping their Skylanders info from being leaked... that;s both good and bad; Good for us... bad fpr them xD

I'm not that sure there are leaks...

If you know what I mean. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#112 Posted: 07:20:40 25/05/2015
[User Posted Image]
In before/during Spyro can't supercharge.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#113 Posted: 07:52:15 25/05/2015
Pastrana is a stuntman hmmm
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#114 Posted: 08:25:12 25/05/2015
Quote: Okaps
[User Posted Image]
In before/during Spyro can't supercharge.

I thought the exact same thing when I read the title. smilie

Anyway I was thinking... Maybe this isn't the new main series game.
Maybe it's the title of a Smartphone game or even a simple spin-off.

Could be. He simply said "new Activision game".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#115 Posted: 08:43:26 25/05/2015
Why would they pay a racer for a trailer for a spinoff? Not even Battlegrounds could get a nice trailer, it got shoved in the end of the Giants overview.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#116 Posted: 08:49:12 25/05/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
Every year we go through this.
Reveal -> Backlash -> Most People Come Around to the Idea -> Release Nears -> Hype

I'm no different. The day they revealed Swap Force, my first thought was "That...sounds...embarrassing." It ended up being my favorite in the series thus far.

Don't forget to have a fork where it goes to either Blind Praise or back again to Backlash at the end. Then the lauch happens and everyone is back to their grumpy selves.
To be fair, SWAP Force caused more groans because it's a really uncessary pun. And kind of got an unfortunate meaning after the swatting cases in the gaming community. Still would've prefered Megachargers or Overcharge, gosh darn it >:U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:49:38 25/05/2015 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#117 Posted: 09:25:58 25/05/2015
This "supercharge" thing seems to be in line with the vehicles rumor. Don't like it...don't like at all.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#118 Posted: 09:39:09 25/05/2015
Why would they even need a racer guy? Most skylanders fans won't care or know who he is. Are they trying to appeal to an older age group? It just doesn't seem appropriate for skylanders. An actual racing game makes sense, but not a skylanders one.

I'm really not trusting these so called "official rumours", something just doesn't feel right. I'll just wait for something official.

However....
I do think that a decent racing game across all platforms needs to be made , mario kart is just too limited only being on Nintendo systems .

If this is correct, Hopefully they do the game right enough to please everyone . Keep the basic skylanders story mode but then put in racing levels and challenges throughout like swap zones. And then hav a racing game outside the story level. Unlocking courses as you progress through story mode. Maybe even a battle car game like mario kart also had.

I just don't want to lose the skylanders world and characters in a simple driving game that isnt able to show the diversity in the charscters.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:42:39 25/05/2015 by wild_defender
#119 Posted: 09:43:16 25/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Why would they pay a racer for a trailer for a spinoff? Not even Battlegrounds could get a nice trailer, it got shoved in the end of the Giants overview.

Don't know.

Maybe they are counting a lot on it too.
I think it isn't an option to exclude but I also don't think it is likely to happen.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:01:03 25/05/2015 by Drek95
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#120 Posted: 09:48:47 25/05/2015
Guys Travis Pastrana is NOT a nascar driver he is a stuntman. He has this touring show called nitro circus where he and his friends do tricks. So perhaps Superchargers are perhaps some form of stuntmen?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#121 Posted: 10:03:58 25/05/2015
He's a driver that goes fast and does dangerous stuff, it pretty much describes good racing games and that's pretty much the only kind of person who could make a racing game exciting.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#122 Posted: 10:32:59 25/05/2015
[User Posted Image]

I had to stitch this together, but this is the missing image from the instagram post

More info coming soon...
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:08:56 26/05/2015 by wideawakewesley
#123 Posted: 10:57:33 25/05/2015
Coming soon alright... Can't say I'm eager to survive some very young kid-oriented videos to get as much info and hidden details as possible, but maybe this time it won't be as bad. As long as the shouting doesn't destroy my headphones.
Maybe this time GameXplain will notice this game exists and do an analysis on the footage! I can dream.
---
#124 Posted: 11:06:15 25/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Coming soon alright... Can't say I'm eager to survive some very young kid-oriented videos to get as much info and hidden details as possible, but maybe this time it won't be as bad. As long as the shouting doesn't destroy my headphones.
Maybe this time GameXplain will notice this game exists and do an analysis on the footage! I can dream.

Gathering you've never watched any FamilyGamerTV videos, we're not much for shouting. smilie
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#125 Posted: 11:09:09 25/05/2015
after the backslash trap team got, i dont think the skylanders game franchise can handle another one. with lego now in on the 'toys comes alive'. this will be even more noticeable this time around, and if they now try to flood the marked with even more toys. and more things behind a paywall, that you need to buy to unlock. it can be the breaking point of the game franchise. as i see it trap team was the beginning of the end, sky5 will be the low blow and then tfb will release the last game and everything will just fall apart after that, nothing last forever.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#126 Posted: 11:13:41 25/05/2015
looking at that pictures of travispastrana and seeing that go cart, things sure dont looks promising.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#127 Posted: 11:16:39 25/05/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
looking at that pictures of travispastrana and seeing that go cart, things sure dont looks promising.

It's literally a picture of a guy in a car that has absolutely N.O.T.H.I.N.G to do with gameplay.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#128 Posted: 11:18:02 25/05/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

Gathering you've never watched any FamilyGamerTV videos, we're not much for shouting. smilie

I stopped during Giants because it had a bit, and didn't think of it during TT because a friend mentioned there was some spoilery footage that was always related to the channel's videos. This year I don't mind them as much, so I'll probably make up for it.
---
#129 Posted: 11:23:32 25/05/2015
Activision would love to hire you if you can predict the future of the franchise with zero footage.
Also, since the picture was found in the other thread, if it's that kind vehicle it'll at least have the potential to look great.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:24:01 25/05/2015 by Bifrost
#130 Posted: 11:31:04 25/05/2015
Quote: Matteomax

It's literally a picture of a guy in a car that has absolutely N.O.T.H.I.N.G to do with gameplay.

So here's my thinking. I've mentioned before I think this is to do with Skylanders that are trapped in vehicles, kind of like a genie in a bottle, allowing for gameplay in multiple forms, vehicle or Sklylander. With this reveal from Travis about shooting follow cam footage in the desert, I'm wondering how they're going to integrate real footage into the game. Strikes me that the only time they use real footage is in the trailers. So with Skylanders being transported to Earth, what if some of them are thrown to Earth and wind up in meshed with vehicles in some way, kind of fused together. Sounds a lot like Transformers crashing on Earth and then being modified to take the form of vehicles.

This is all speculation, I have no inside knowledge.
---
#131 Posted: 11:35:56 25/05/2015
That'd be cool, but raise more questions than answers. Could they break put with sheer willpower like Ninjini and we'd have magical creatures on earth? If the Skylanders are freed back into Skylands the first time they're put in the portal(the trailers sorta tiptoe around that), are those permanently stuck because they're attuned to Earth?
To be fair, it'd be fixed by not being afraid of meta and actually explaining how the connections to Earth work; Kaos can see the game's POV in Trap Team so there's something in the fourth wall that connects things.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#132 Posted: 11:53:25 25/05/2015
Let's hope this will be a IMPLEMENTED gimmick unlike Swap Force and Trap Team.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#133 Posted: 12:05:20 25/05/2015
To explain to the people why they would have a stunt racer do this I would like to say this;
If you are 10 or younger good. If not, imagine that you are. I've looked at this guys social media, he does all kinds of extreme stuff. White water rafting, triple backflips on a motorcycle, and more. In your 10 year old mind, isn't that awesome? I think that this "trailer" is going to start off with this guy doing some tricks on his motorcycle, then all of a sudden little meteors will be seen. They land and are revealed to be the new Superchargers or what ever they will be called. They are then CGI'ed into the landscape with the stunt guy, and say some corny lines. Think about it, that's why they would hire a stunt man.
To address the people who think that the sky is falling.
[User Posted Image]
Relax please. Just because the new game = Karts, doesn't mean that the new game = racing. These vehicles could just have weapons attached to them. If anyone remebers Zhu Zhu pets then you will more than likely remeber Kung Zhu, where they tried to expand their line to appeal to boys as well.
[User Posted Image]
As can be seen here, the attachment thing has a bunch of weapons. The vehicles could also be war vehicles rather than transportation vehicles.
Also in light of this news, I'm going to call the leaked fire Skylander Speed Demon.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#134 Posted: 12:25:57 25/05/2015
My biggest concern with going the vehicles route in a big way, is the impact it may have on the female fanbase. Plenty of ladies/girls love cars, boats, planes and motorcycles, but there is a big "it's a game for boys" vibe from racing, that is hard to shake.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#135 Posted: 14:05:51 25/05/2015
Quote: LoveProfusion15
I agree about the pessimism. Why can't people wait and see the final result. They literally have no idea what anything will look like, play like, or anything. And I can't wrap my head around why people are so turned off by cars or vehicles... Most people complaining will most likely get excited around E3 anyways though...

Well except once it gets announced another set of folks will come around and say "why are you here if you don't like it". In short, let em say what they want to say, there's no REAL good time to communicate bad news/thoughts about the game.

Btw, I'm waiting for the final result as well, b/c it's not the toy innovation that's on my "do not cross" list.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:13:44 25/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#136 Posted: 14:10:10 25/05/2015
after the backslash trap team got, i dont think the skylanders game franchise can handle another one. with lego now in on the 'toys comes alive'. this will be even more noticeable this time around, and if they now try to flood the marked with even more toys. and more things behind a paywall, that you need to buy to unlock. it can be the breaking point of the game franchise. as i see it trap team was the beginning of the end, sky5 will be the low blow and then tfb will release the last game and everything will just fall apart after that, nothing last forever.

Well, the reason why there isn't a reveal yet is I think they want to make DAMN SURE they don't do the missteps of last year's tepid reveal and subsequent changes. I recall the mis information, mis communication as well. I have faith VV will knock it out of the park, but after two games supporting them without my "must have" features I'm finally ready and able to vote with my wallet--bad year to do it b/c I want to support VV but the older players need to be represented. If they really do bring their A game I will quietly shut up and sing it's praises and not be glass half empty. Experience as my guide though tells me that won't necessarily happen. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:12:21 25/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#137 Posted: 14:11:09 25/05/2015
It definately will if they don't look out. No matter what they SAY about vehicles being neutral, girls are told that's eww boy stuff and need to be actually convinced to like it - I only got into Hot Wheels because one of the shows was amazing and cars were secondary to characters(not as interested as that time tho,though,videogames are just better for me). If you forget the coolness of the car long enough to make them and their drivers appeal to all like the previous games, it's probably the easiest if not only way that doesn't involve shoehorning "girl things" to balance it out(which will only make things worse and please no one).

But stereotypes aside, one of the Dark vehicles better be a totally-not-bat-mobile. Dark Skylanders are literally the Night, they can't miss this joke.
---
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#138 Posted: 14:14:45 25/05/2015
Sky5 will not be a racing game, that would stray too far to keep fans playing. Racing and platform games have different target markets. Skylanders is marketed toward kids. Racing games are usually marketed to an older age group. I highly doubt they would be dumb enough to take a risk like that.
#139 Posted: 14:16:28 25/05/2015
I think the PC crowd is fooling itself that this is predominantly both a girl's/boy's game/endeavor. I love the fact that they give it plenty of female character love in the series, but most girls won't like it because of the vehicles. Never say never though. We have Dana Patrick in Nascar.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:16:55 25/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#140 Posted: 14:19:50 25/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: LoveProfusion15

Well except once it gets announced another set of folks will come around and say "why are you here if you don't like it". In short, let em say what they want to say, there's no REAL good time to communicate bad news/thoughts about the game.

Btw, I'm waiting for the final result as well, b/c it's not the toy innovation that's on my "do not cross" list.

i agree, let people say what hey want to say...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#141 Posted: 14:33:34 25/05/2015
I think the PC crowd is fooling itself that this is predominantly both a girl's/boy's game/endeavor. I love the fact that they give it plenty of female character love in the series, but most girls won't like it because of the vehicles. Never say never though. We have Dana Patrick in Nascar.

[User Posted Image]

Very true. If they want this to end up appealing to girls they need to use her.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#142 Posted: 14:52:48 25/05/2015
FYI, they've combined threads over in T&M for the Sky5 thread. I suspect they want the other thread to be more news related, and save the chit chat in places like this.
#143 Posted: 15:38:57 25/05/2015
wideawakewesley brought up a really interesting point which I personally completely missed.
He didn't said he filmed for the trailer but for the game.

He might have filmed it for the project as a whole, not knowing exactly how they'll use the footage but it would certainly be cool to see live action cutscenes inside the game, which as Bifrost said could easily help focusing more on Earth and us Portal Masters.

To clarify my feelings about the possible introduction of vehicles I absolutely never intended to say this game will sucks because of it.
I simply think that, for what we know as of now, talking about vehicles of any kind (races or battles) doesn't sound good to me because it could result in an excessive innovation that might compromise the core gameplay.
Let's say I usually turn up my nose when I hear about "sport" and "cars/vehicles" inside games that don't revolve entirely or primarily around them they often feel kinda forced.

That being said I understand it's an incredibly biased behaviour and many games are able to use those two fatures in great and compelling ways.

I'm not as convinced and excited as I were for Swappers or traps but I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#144 Posted: 15:54:16 25/05/2015

Sadly i can see that happen
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#145 Posted: 16:01:52 25/05/2015
If this nexxt game is about racing I swear, I will make a comic that parody safe driving
---
THE END IS NEAR
#146 Posted: 17:00:01 25/05/2015

Well, the reason why there isn't a reveal yet is I think they want to make DAMN SURE they don't do the missteps of last year's tepid reveal and subsequent changes. I recall the mis information, mis communication as well. I have faith VV will knock it out of the park, but after two games supporting them without my "must have" features I'm finally ready and able to vote with my wallet--bad year to do it b/c I want to support VV but the older players need to be represented. If they really do bring their A game I will quietly shut up and sing it's praises and not be glass half empty. Experience as my guide though tells me that won't necessarily happen. smilie

i think skylanders peaked with swap force. but i am looking forward to the reveal of the 5th. if there is nothing of interest, i will just skip it this time.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#147 Posted: 17:28:17 25/05/2015
Ha ha.. social media must drive marketing departments crazy. I can just picture the heads of the Activision marketing people exploding when they saw that Travis Pastrana post. You would think that he HAD to be under NDA at the time. <grin>

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#148 Posted: 17:42:31 25/05/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.thehdroom.com/gamin...e-rumors-89628/
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#149 Posted: 17:52:03 25/05/2015
it seen skylanders overdrive only have 20 overdrive omega and new cores no series return there have two mode story and racing mode
old and new figure unlock part game is release 9/20/15? im not sure those rumor is real...
#150 Posted: 17:52:40 25/05/2015
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Ha ha.. social media must drive marketing departments crazy. I can just picture the heads of the Activision marketing people exploding when they saw that Travis Pastrana post. You would think that he HAD to be under NDA at the time. <grin>

-vm

Being a stuntman, he'd know better. Maybe they put the details of the footage under an NDA but didn't notice that at this point even the name would be unknown to us. And if you just showed up to record some cool things on this videogame you don't really play,you'll see no harm in saying it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:44 25/05/2015 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 3 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me