darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#51 Posted: 16:35:47 24/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
I don't know.

"New and fresh" doesn't necessarily mean "better".
We currently don't have enough informations to properly say what this will be.

But as far as the characters remain the same quality of the leaked Fire Skylander I will be more than happy to have new heroes to play with. smilie

Which is why I'm lobbying for GAME changers IN THE GAME. They're putting all of their eggs in the toy innovation, where it REALLY needs to be "just a little" of both. Done yakking on this, I expect for them to apply the formula 1-4 and then I'll have to make a decision if they crossed the "do not cross" line.

Quote: Medicus
@CountMoneyBone I agree. I'm going to get on and a bunch of chips so that I can:
1. Make the Mcd's toys work like real figures(Includeing Kaos IF I can get it to read traps)
2.Take a Skylander on two paths without buying 2 figures
3. (IF I can get it to read traps) Have one for each of the villains I actually like if the chips are too exspensive
4. Or cloning a Skylander with Max money to buy all the hats and other stuff without lowering the money level of a charecter
5. Anything else I think of(Or other think of that I want to try)

Go ahead and cheat yourself. The chips aren't cheap actually, so I wouldn't be too worried.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:54 24/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#52 Posted: 16:57:39 24/05/2015
Really hope it isn't anything to do with vehicles, SkyLanders games have been about the unique characters, not vehicles, the personality of the characters, the progression and the forward compatibility are most important; if it's just a racing type game, I'm out, it will be sad news to announce to all the groups.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#53 Posted: 17:27:40 24/05/2015
I'd like to think they're smart enough not to do that, but we'll see. I felt a bit suffocated with all of the villain stuff in Trap Team and I hope they have some semblance of being "well rounded" here. If the levels were more open and it was a little more "quest" oriented (not the crap we got in Infinity) with the elements of the toy innovation then I'd feel better. Single path oriented levels makes it tough to introduce stuff like vehicles in it AND allow past skylanders to participate.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:51 24/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#54 Posted: 17:32:06 24/05/2015
Just WONDERFUL(insert sarcasm here)... ANOTHER freaking portal, except this time it's going to take over your entire coffee table so 2 vehicles, 2 Skylanders, 2 magic items, 2 sidekicks, traps, and a partridge in a pear tree will fit.

Making more toys instead of concentrating on innovation and gameplay. THAT is just PERFECT.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING GLAD I'm done after Trap Team.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:26 24/05/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#55 Posted: 17:32:14 24/05/2015
The villain stuff was just a good plan that was badly implemented, since it was obvious that they never really intended to have them overshadow the gameplay - but again with the regular damage numbers for skylanders the balancing as a whole was kind of an oversight and they just added zeroes after everything. The problem with vehicles is if they attempt to have them overshadow everything from the get go - but at least for that I have a bit of faith in that VV wouldn't really try that if they already do the spinoff games and know the differences between the main series games and everything else.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:27 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
#56 Posted: 17:33:58 24/05/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R

That'd be pretty funny, but if you're making that hyperbole from one word it's a bit much. The engine we saw is barely any bigger than a Mini,Traptanium Portal-size will probably be enough.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:08 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#57 Posted: 17:56:08 24/05/2015
Just ramblings...

New portal. Nothing too fancy - think of the portal for SWAP Force, where there's no real edges.

You place the "vehicle" on the portal. It's got a chip inside of it that tells the game what kind of vehicle it is.

On top of it, is a smaller "portal" - using the same idea where you can place multiple portals side by side, the smaller "portal" on the top of the vehicle is just extending the RFID field of the portal that is actually plugged in. In the vehicle's portal, you place the Skylander figure you actually want to play.

On this portal is three USB ports. Using them, you can plug in up to three additional portals from any game on any system (that uses USB, of course).

This allows you to use your old traps (although you won't be able to trap any of the new villains, you'll have to transfer them over from Trap Team).

Additionally, allows you to make use of your old portals. Doesn't limit the amount of space on the included portal (so larger vehicles can take up more space, while still allowing multiple players). Allows for up to four players, each using their own portal... each with their own vehicles. In theory, each with their own traps (although I'm thinking no trap hole on the main portal, so Player 1 would be without a trap).
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#58 Posted: 17:58:03 24/05/2015
Give me a Portal Owner's Pack or give me death.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#59 Posted: 18:04:21 24/05/2015
Not likely to happen. The last time they did it, no one bought it and retailers didn't respond well.

Granted, it was more to do with the fact that it was a pittance cheaper, you lost out on two figures, one of which never saw a single-pack US release... but I'd be really shocked to see another Portal Owner's pack, ever.
#60 Posted: 18:09:31 24/05/2015
I already accepted that getting Portal Owners really isn't going to work but it wouldn't be too bad if they at least allowed you to use the Traptanium Portal, but you'd have to switch portals if you want to use the new gimmick - I don't think I ever had problems having to unplug a portal during the game so I don't know. Swap Force's reasoning was that it can register 4 parts instead of only 2 so you'd not be able to play co-op with a Swapper around; but what if you didn't have one anyway?
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#61 Posted: 18:57:28 24/05/2015
I know he isn't the average Internet guy that seeks attention but still we shouldn't immediately exclude that option.
It's just that we know so little about this game compared to past years and practically nothing has been "leaked" except for a character and the prequel comic's name.

It would seems strange for the new gimmick itself to be leaked.
We didn't knew about traps or villains until a day or so before the announcement.

I absolutely agree that we need innovation inside the game (without changing too much the core experience) but I don't think this would be the right direction to take.

They could easily make the game a FPS, or a sport simulator or a karting game but would it be good...?
They would work really well as spin-offs.
Dont think they would, for the main series.

That being said I'm sure they know where to stop, as TakeYourLemons said.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#62 Posted: 21:55:42 24/05/2015
If this ends up being real, then I'm selling all my figures and quitting Skylanders for good.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#63 Posted: 22:19:21 24/05/2015
Quote: Kiroq
If this ends up being real, then I'm selling all my figures and quitting Skylanders for good.

Really? Having vehicles is going to make you up and leave? Vehicles as a side element would be pretty awesome. Mario Kart style, no, that would be bad, and it would never happen. But Skylanders that are in really awesome vehicles just sounds so amazing to me.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#64 Posted: 22:31:04 24/05/2015 | Topic Creator
http://myskylanders.de/2015/05...-superchargers/
#65 Posted: 22:34:09 24/05/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Really? Having vehicles is going to make you up and leave? Vehicles as a side element would be pretty awesome. Mario Kart style, no, that would be bad, and it would never happen. But Skylanders that are in really awesome vehicles just sounds so amazing to me.

As much as I don't like the idea of vehicles being the next gimmick, I have to agree with ninja, that seems a little extreme.
---
Check this out! Please?
#66 Posted: 22:37:10 24/05/2015
...That's the MOST STUPID NAME you could get for a vehicle-based thing. Super is such a grating word after so many years of child shows using it as a substitute for cool >:U Really hoping it's placeholder as myskylanders suggested.

But then again Trap Team is just as meh,I won't nitpick on a title even if it bothers me. We'll wait and see, but desert? If there's something both VV and TFB do so well is desert levels, yay.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:40:11 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#67 Posted: 22:42:20 24/05/2015
D: Skylanders are ruined if this is true!!!
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#68 Posted: 22:47:25 24/05/2015
Quote: funnybone
D: Skylanders are ruined if this is true!!!

You need to give it a chance. You can't really judge a game that hasn't even been properly revealed yet.
#69 Posted: 22:49:27 24/05/2015
Yeah, it'll be ruined if the gameplay and story are bad and really pushing vehicles into this. Then we'll be actually sure.

I kid, a name can be bad but it doesn't mean it reflects a game. It could've even been Acti pushing it into VV because they think the name will make it look more hip and cool.
---
#70 Posted: 22:55:30 24/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, it'll be ruined if the gameplay and story are bad and really pushing vehicles into this. Then we'll be actually sure.

I kid, a name can be bad but it doesn't mean it reflects a game. It could've even been Acti pushing it into VV because they think the name will make it look more hip and cool.

I wasn't so keen on the name 'Trap team' but it worked. The name 'super chargers' although not impressive to us, will appeal to children, it makes it sound as if it's got a large presence and not to be ignored and that's who activision are marketing skylanders towards right? Children.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#71 Posted: 22:55:55 24/05/2015
Travis Pastrana, a Nascar racer, announced publicly on his instagram that he filmed a trailer for a all new game by Activision called "Skylanders Superchargers". Source: http://twiends.com/travispastrana

The post was posted on May 5th.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#72 Posted: 22:58:20 24/05/2015
Yeah, but just because it's for kids doesn't mean it has to be lazy. Physics has so many cool names related to velocity that they could've picked any to replace something as meh as 'super'. But again, that's just me, and as I said it could've been from the higher ups underestimating children.
---
#73 Posted: 22:58:55 24/05/2015
Two weeks ago? Then it's definately not a placeholder, not after one year of development. Well, I don't like it,but I can live with it.
---
#74 Posted: 23:01:18 24/05/2015
Also, thanks to myskylanders.de for pointing this out to me.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#75 Posted: 23:02:24 24/05/2015
Don't like it too, I mean it's nothing super impressive.
But I never truly cared about titles that much.

"Supercharger" doesn't necessarily refer to vehicles but goes well with the whole "Overdrive" thing.

Maybe we can charge these characters in some way and they will become... Stronger?
Or even change their powers completely?

We'll see... Soon, I think.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:56 24/05/2015 by Drek95
#76 Posted: 23:03:41 24/05/2015
as I said it could've been from the higher ups underestimating children.

I've said that from the start, I don't think that they understand children as much as they think they do. A lot of kids nowadays are not playing 'kids' games and are going straight into playing Call of Duty and other generic first person shooters. A large percentage of the fan base for skylanders is adults but I don't think that activision realises that.
#77 Posted: 23:07:20 24/05/2015
At least the devs do, and they mentioned in the past that they had to kiddify a lot of things because of the higher ups. It allows them to at leask sneak in some more family unfriendly things for the older folks(You mean there's a race of animated wooden people that pretend to be inanimate but are actually alive at all times and used to work for a family of villains? Naaah,where did you get that idea?).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:52 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#78 Posted: 23:13:12 24/05/2015
Interesting...

But this points to the idea of cars even more... I don't like it.
#79 Posted: 23:15:44 24/05/2015
I'm not believing anything until Acti/TfB/VV announce it themselves and/or prototype figures are leaked.
---
Check this out! Please?
#80 Posted: 23:20:29 24/05/2015
Poor Clawbellows then, he must not be prototype enough.
It's a famous motorcycle racer, he wouldn't be talking about a video game in public if it didn't affect him in some way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:21 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
#81 Posted: 23:23:52 24/05/2015
Quote: TTD
as I said it could've been from the higher ups underestimating children.

I've said that from the start, I don't think that they understand children as much as they think they do. A lot of kids nowadays are not playing 'kids' games and are going straight into playing Call of Duty and other generic first person shooters. A large percentage of the fan base for skylanders is adults but I don't think that activision realises that.

Yep...so true on so many levels.
#82 Posted: 23:35:42 24/05/2015
So much for being hush hush....this stuff is leaking like a flood.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:55 24/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#83 Posted: 00:13:23 25/05/2015
Activision is HORRIBLE at keeping their Skylanders info from being leaked... that;s both good and bad; Good for us... bad fpr them xD
#84 Posted: 00:17:24 25/05/2015
Hey, at least they take care of the worse cases like the guy that was stealing figures. It'd be a real issue if there was a case like with Smash 4 and the Nintendo of America leaker just spilling all the beans; the hype only works for people who like what they see from that point on and it drives away people who didn't want to be spoiled before getting the game,at least well until after launch.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#85 Posted: 00:22:55 25/05/2015
If Skylanders Superchargers really does involve racing, I'm not so sure if I want to own this next game.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#86 Posted: 00:52:14 25/05/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: ninja9351

As much as I don't like the idea of vehicles being the next gimmick, I have to agree with ninja, that seems a little extreme.

I'm not a fan of racing games they bore me and Mario Kart especially.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#87 Posted: 01:01:42 25/05/2015
Post is gone.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#88 Posted: 01:06:05 25/05/2015
Yeah, it's better to link to myskylanders' blog post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:44 25/05/2015 by Bifrost
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#89 Posted: 01:09:52 25/05/2015
[User Posted Image]
#Leak
Found this.
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#90 Posted: 01:10:42 25/05/2015
That's already been posted on another topic.

Yeah, it's better to link to myskylanders' blog post.

Nevermind I saw it. The lack of image made me miss the instagram comment.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:25:43 25/05/2015 by Aura24
#91 Posted: 01:27:47 25/05/2015
I think the vehicles are going to be a "natural" form of DLC. Want to get up to that level above you where the legendary treasure is? Better get your AIR vehicle moving. Need to meet your enemy goal level in the desert? Get your EARTH vehicle going. Doing it like "that" won't disrupt things (but at the same time won't be terribly excliting)...I expect that plus some additional vehicle content/capabilties much like Swap Zones (but not in a discrete setting).
#92 Posted: 01:31:02 25/05/2015
Quote: funnybone
[User Posted Image]
#Leak
Found this.

Old...
---
#93 Posted: 01:32:26 25/05/2015
Missing image, but post there...apparently 1million followers and none are Skylanders fans... smilie

[User Posted Image]
#94 Posted: 01:39:09 25/05/2015
Of course, he's a famous Nascar racer.
---
#95 Posted: 01:58:04 25/05/2015
Not the number of followers, just funny that the intersect of 1 million followers who also know/play Skylanders is 0.0001%. Well money spent, Activision. Well money spent. smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#96 Posted: 02:00:09 25/05/2015
Dumb title but this sounds good.
Fingers crossed for online!!!!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#97 Posted: 02:01:58 25/05/2015
At this point that news will be bigger than any "innovation" that comes our way.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#98 Posted: 02:30:43 25/05/2015
This guy gave some news for sonic fans,so i trust him.
Proof
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:24 25/05/2015 by skylandersspyro
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#99 Posted: 02:39:10 25/05/2015
The title reminds me of recent Power Rangers seasons, where they have to add SUPER to the second run of episodes. Still not as bad as Super Megaforce, though.

From what I recall, there was an attempt to make a Crasg Bandicoot racing game awhile back that involved buying new vehicle figures. Perhaps this is Activision's way of not letting a good idea go to waste? It'd be really cool if the vehicles were actual vehicle toys you could roll around in the real world and then play in the game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#100 Posted: 02:40:04 25/05/2015
Possible this vehicle thing is a bit like a demolition derby. Vehicles build to destroy other vehicles/things.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me