Page 1 of 1
on a scale 1-10...
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#1 Posted: 02:13:54 24/05/2015 | Topic Creator
How good do you think sky 5 is gonna be? I was dissapointed when kaos and racing was in, but i figured it would be good. what if it was still normal gameplay and there was racetracks spotted? same gameplay but going on a racetrack. (except you would be moving nonstop.) Then at the end you find kaos and fight him while racing. So how good would you think it will be on a scale 1-10? I say 7.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:53 24/05/2015 by superhalite
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2 Posted: 02:22:21 24/05/2015
We literally have nothing to go on besides "VEHICLES!" I'll be waiting for more actual info on it before I start making assumptions.

Also, disappointed by Kaos? You really have to realize he's not getting cut any time soon.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#3 Posted: 03:06:46 24/05/2015
10 no matter what smilie
---
bye
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 03:21:54 24/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute
We literally have nothing to go on besides "VEHICLES!" I'll be waiting for more actual info on it before I start making assumptions.

Also, disappointed by Kaos? You really have to realize he's not getting cut any time soon.

Less disappointed and more or less "fatigued" with him, and some of the re-heated gameplay concepts.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#5 Posted: 04:02:58 24/05/2015
Yep, I don't care. It has veichles. 10/10. I don't even have a console to play it on anymore cause mold and spiders are in my wii, but hell yeah! I am buying it! smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#6 Posted: 04:06:46 24/05/2015
Excitement- 9 out of 10.

Most likely after game is released- 8 out of 10. I was very happy with Swap Force. Enjoyed it all the way to the last character. I had to pretty much force myself to play Trap Team with the last characters from the last waves. Not much to keep me wanting to go back, but Swap Force was a lot of replay for me.
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2520
#7 Posted: 04:44:45 24/05/2015
for sure
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 09:03:28 24/05/2015
The only official info we have so far that I can express a plausible opinion on is the leaked Fire Skylander.

And he looks really good.

So design wise it's no doubt an 8 out of 10.

Other than that we have the prequel comic's name, a bunch of rumors, and the confirm Kaos will be back (I'm happy since I like him but would like to see a return to his truly evil roots and it seems like we might see it in the fifth game).

The "VEHICLES!" news doesn't excite me a bit but we'll see how they implement it, if true.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:43:49 24/05/2015 by Drek95
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#9 Posted: 09:36:33 24/05/2015
Here's the thing... Last year, Nintendo entered the Toys-to-Life genre and Disney revealed blockbuster property Marvel for Infinity 2.0; Acti responded by producing a highly innovative new gimmick in the form of trappable/playable villains that was a major hit with critics and garnered the highest reviews among the three makers of TtL products. This year, Lego has thrown their hat into the ring, so we can probably expect yet another massively innovative idea revealed during a special Skylanders event to much fanfare and excitement.

HOWEVER... We are all aware of Trap Team's arguable shortcomings. Infinity 2.0 offered horrible playset experiences and a lack of promised cross-compatibility. Amiibo's stock issues are worse than trying to find Fritos in Russia.

So the real question is, what depth of quality will Acti produce in Sky 5, knowing their competitors are still nowhere near as close in the actual gameplay department? If Acti fears improvements within Infinity and Amiibo, and a strong showing from Lego... I'll go with a 9. If 3 bil has swollen their pride and they're overly confident... closer to 4.
---
1Jn47
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#10 Posted: 10:56:12 24/05/2015
First off to the first post how do we know kaos is in sky 5 isn't he TRAPED? If all Skylanders work and traps do too a 10 would be for me.
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#11 Posted: 12:48:17 24/05/2015
Quote: Portal King
First off to the first post how do we know kaos is in sky 5 isn't he TRAPED? If all Skylanders work and traps do too a 10 would be for me.

In the graphic novel Rift into Overdrive, which is a prequel to this game, he's said to return in the synopsis. How,we'll probably have to wait and read.

With so little, it's a bit early to judge with hype on the way. So...
Clawbellows - 8/10 - Not amazing like some TT figures but definately a giant step up from SF for me.
Vehicles - It wasn't specified where they'd be used, for all we know the gimmick zones are gates made of cars and you have to power them to ride into one. Or it could be a racing game. Either way too early to tell, but I can't say I want vehicles in my heroic fantasy game so soon.
Battlecast/Baa-tle Flag - Looked like a pretty good concept for a third person game, and the level looked pretty. But from the look of things, it'll be that iOS game that was leaked. Wouldn't mind to see it on 3DS being kind of like Kid Icarus Uprising though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:48:55 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#12 Posted: 14:50:28 24/05/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Yep, I don't care. It has veichles. 10/10. I don't even have a console to play it on anymore cause mold and spiders are in my wii, but hell yeah! I am buying it! smilie

Sky 5 is confirmed not to be on Wii anyways...

HowToTrainYourDragon and Trap team where the last game's made for that console....
#13 Posted: 15:02:32 24/05/2015
It is not confirmed, the tweet only said 'regular plataforms'. Other shovelware also came out for the console last year as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:07 24/05/2015 by Bifrost
#14 Posted: 16:08:39 24/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: BlackWing116

HowToTrainYourDragon and Trap team where the last game's made for that console....

It isn't confirmed not to be on wii, you never know the suprises activision has to offer.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#15 Posted: 20:55:51 24/05/2015
Quote: superhalite
Quote: BlackWing116

It isn't confirmed not to be on wii, you never know the suprises activision has to offer.

It'd be stupid to release it on a dying last gen console. They only did the free Wii U version code w/ the Wii version as a way to get customers to upgrade and still play it without the need. The Wii is dead.
---
words. letters. filler.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#16 Posted: 22:10:18 24/05/2015
-2 Since the flooding of so many choices this time, I really feel skylanders is going to drop a bit on the category. Trap team barely held interest to collect figures and I basically avoided traps aside the 8 pack that came out at the time because I didn't need other ones. Some people are excited for vehicles but it's enough. There's too much gimmick and little reward in gameplay to garnish the added price. For all we know in how they develop the game the vehicles will be small areas similar to the zones used in swap force like races, etc.

Amiibos might be hard to track down but the big thing to watch out for is Star Wars with infinity 3 and that's going to clean up with the upcoming star wars movie so disney will have an incredible year for their infinity line.

If eon's elite are normal in the next game, traps are useless there's just no point. The whole retro nerf of figures from the last game to get incentive to buy more figures from one game to the next is redundant. Same as gating the player all these times to buy gimmick figures to access all areas. Acti, TfB and VV need to have other ways to design levels to be more open world and either go back to just elemental gates anyone can activate or do not have them at all. Just no more usage of the gimmicks to fully complete a stage. It's a dead horse at this point.

As others have said the wii is dead. There will not be another release for it. That was why the free upgrade was in the wii versions of trap team. They want those users to upgrade to atleast a wii u if not the other systems to play the game. With how many figures need to be incorporated into the memory on disc and still be able to be just as compatible like the other consoles, it needs more memory on disc which easily all 3 the newer systems offer. I have a wii, but I also have wii u since it came out and a ps4 so I think as much as some people that can't upgrade to play the next game the sad part is it's time to do so. The wii isn't going to see a skylanders 5. It's very very low probability.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#17 Posted: 02:26:44 25/05/2015
You guys do realize that Skylanders riding vehicles has been a thing for awhile, right? Drill Sergent, Hot Head, Sprocket, Fright Rider, Fryno, Boom Jet, Magna Charge, Fling Kong, Tread Head, and Chopper are all characters who used some form of vehicle at some point in their movesets, and none of those were major game changers.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#18 Posted: 04:48:27 25/05/2015
1. As far as I know, this is Skylanders, not Skydrivers.
#19 Posted: 14:44:12 25/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute
You guys do realize that Skylanders riding vehicles has been a thing for awhile, right? Drill Sergent, Hot Head, Sprocket, Fright Rider, Fryno, Boom Jet, Magna Charge, Fling Kong, Tread Head, and Chopper are all characters who used some form of vehicle at some point in their movesets, and none of those were major game changers.

I would've preferred hand related combat items that could change or enhance the moveset of the character over a vehicle. We'll see what the final outcome will be.
#20 Posted: 20:34:32 27/05/2015 | Topic Creator
All i really want is online and i'll be satisfied.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#21 Posted: 22:36:07 27/05/2015
Quote: superhalite
All i really want is online and i'll be satisfied.

All I really want is something beautiful to say.

I've nearly given up on online play. It's been on our list of wants since Giants and it has yet to be applied. Heck, we don't even get patches for the game's bugs. I'd love for Skylanders to get an online co op mode where each Skylander takes on a different role like Chop Chop tanking, Ignitor and Trigger Happy providing DPS and Whirlwind healing. A guy can dream!

I still think a MOBA type of online PvP is what this franchise is destined for.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#22 Posted: 22:43:33 27/05/2015
Yeah,but then there's the issue of rampant lag because this isn't on PC, and there's all the other MOBAs to compete with; and compared to Toys to Life, Skylanders could throw the towel before it started even if it could be marketed as a child-friendly one. TT showed the game can do a nice tower defense if they did actual effort on it, and the regular PVP could be given fighting game balancing and some more player input.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#23 Posted: 23:14:06 27/05/2015
I think 'rampant' lag is a little extreme. Other games have far more colors, with far more players, with far more actions, with far more destructible environments. I mean, Activision itself has a hand on some of the bigger multiplayer games on consoles; Destiny and CoD - not to mention their PC games through Blizzard sporting World of Warcraft.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#24 Posted: 00:04:36 28/05/2015
For compairisom
SSA - 7
Giants - 9
SF -8
STT - 6.5
Though my opinions are much more complex, this is a general compairison
I'm guessing for Sky 5 - 7.5 or 8 (A nine if we have better levels than TT AND better gameplay than SF)
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#25 Posted: 05:25:33 28/05/2015
I'm gonna say 8 for now, but what would actually make these so called vehicle based Skylanders cool if they are vehicles based on territories. Like some aquatic vehicles for water and aerial vehicles for air, now that would be clever. In fact here are some concepts for vehicles that would work and that is only if this next game is about vehicles. This also contains potential activities or elemental based zones.

Life: Garden based vehicles or harvesters
Undead: Chariots or ghost ships
Water: Submarines, boats or marine ships
Fire: Lava slides and volcano surfing
Earth: Digging excavators or rock collecting
Air: Shuttles, planes or helicopter missions
Tech: Tanks or other gadgets
Magic: Sorcery and conjuring missions
Light: Lighthouse or other light based missions
Dark: Nocturnal or espionage missions

So these are just theoretical ideas if the next game involves vehicles.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:37:30 28/05/2015 by GhostRoaster617
#26 Posted: 01:52:01 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
After seeing the picture I say 9! Stealth elf and trigger happy 0_o
---
Bewaretheswarm Green Sparx Gems: 293
#27 Posted: 01:56:57 03/06/2015
9 out of 10 so far. The fact that there are vehicles and how awesome they look is cool enough. Not to mention the possibilities of a racing mode against your friends! This is a guaranteed potential here.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#28 Posted: 02:09:12 03/06/2015
9.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
---
Dead
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#29 Posted: 02:24:57 03/06/2015
A solid 10. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30 Posted: 02:56:51 03/06/2015
What happened to all the haters? LOL A few days ago people where ready to light torches and break out the pitchforks. Now it's instant love, "best game evar!!!!1!" hype.

I'm interested in the newlanders, but I'm not exactly liking the racing theme and how the characters are all decked out in it. I can live with the new look, but I won't buy $25 dollar large pieces of plastic (vehicles) to go under my $15 gimmicklanders. If I can stick with just the one that comes in the boxset, I will. If I have to buy 8 different vehicles, I won't.
---
Stay Cool!
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#31 Posted: 02:57:46 03/06/2015
Quote: fairyland
What happened to all the haters? LOL A few days ago people where ready to light torches and break out the pitchforks. Now it's instant love, "best game evar!!!!1!" hype.

I'm interested in the newlanders, but I'm not exactly liking the racing theme and how the characters are all decked out in it. I can live with the new look, but I won't buy $25 dollar large pieces of plastic (vehicles) to go under my $15 gimmicklanders. If I can stick with just the one that comes in the boxset, I will. If I have to buy 8 different vehicles, I won't.

Oh, they're still around, just not in this section of the forums.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:03 03/06/2015 by Iblistech
#32 Posted: 03:02:00 03/06/2015

Those were concerns...I didn't hear pitchforks and light torches. Franky isn't safe yet until the scoop is out. I think most of us are waiting for the reveal to give our impressions. Don't count your eggs just yet.

For me, nothing negative yet...but judgement will come against my "do not cross" list.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:04:49 03/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#33 Posted: 03:14:43 03/06/2015
8.5 till Turbo Wind-up is revealed
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#34 Posted: 07:27:33 03/06/2015
10 OUT OF 10!!!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#35 Posted: 08:05:49 03/06/2015
Not very excited about vehicles, but seeing how graphics and gameplay have improved over the years, I think is it goona be around 6-7/10
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#36 Posted: 13:13:50 03/06/2015
4 out of 10, I guess I will give even less when we have conformation that none of my favourite characters is going to return and that most of the Super Chargers are going to suck smilie
#37 Posted: 14:06:26 03/06/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
4 out of 10, I guess I will give even less when we have conformation that none of my favourite characters is going to return and that most of the Super Chargers are going to suck smilie

They can be used, fowards compatibility is there, they say in almost every video.

How do I put this... On what they HAVE, I'd give 7/10. They improved from SF but kept some of the designs,and the racer outfits for the Superchargers are just silly(Spitfire isn't even wearing clothes why he gets to be special), but the game's levels gained so much personality and detail from the play-doh models from before. But on what I CAN have? 8/10. I can never touch a vehicle except Instant Hot Streak or a newcomer and get the same experience as TT without all Trap Masters, plus no need to buy a new portal, just look out for space management on my X360(and hope it doesn't have any issues). That isn't what the game is about however,just really my opinion on the decisions,which were REALLY clever(except required gimmick).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:34 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#38 Posted: 14:17:34 03/06/2015
I'm at maybe a 3 out of 10. I will get the game of course because I don't see myself leaving the skylander series though i tend to think I should.
I AM SURE that this game will at least be better then Trap Team. But I don't feel it will be Skylanders Adventures or Giants fun.
as a collecting standpoint better on the wallet it seems. But if what is being said is true only half are brand new skylanders. Previous skylanders being made into new skylanders doesn't make them new skylanders to me and I don't think people are going to want to just buy them again.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#39 Posted: 18:40:27 03/06/2015
Not racing game
Less Skylanders
Some online confirmed
Game play in vids looks solid
Traps have use
We are going good so far, 8/10
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#40 Posted: 18:46:16 03/06/2015
Trap team sucked, have a bunch of traps and cant use em.
2/10. Some of the cars are cool, rest is lazy garbage. 15 dollars for a car. Not even a skylander, a car. Reposes infest the game, Kaos shoveled back in again.

I'm out. This series is dead.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
#41 Posted: 18:47:44 03/06/2015
Quote: zap18
Trap team sucked, have a bunch of traps and cant use em.
2/10. Some of the cars are cool, rest is lazy garbage. 15 dollars for a car. Not even a skylander, a car. Reposes infest the game, Kaos shoveled back in again.

I'm out. This series is dead.

Most of the cars haven't even been revealed.You only need 1-3 to complete the game.
That's kind of ironic compared to Spyro fans 5 years ago saying this would fail and the series was dead,when we knew like 5 characters.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:04 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#42 Posted: 18:54:45 03/06/2015
Every year there is a faction who say the series is "dead" or "i'm out", yet they're still here chirping about how bad things are based on incomplete information.
#43 Posted: 18:57:56 03/06/2015
Darkness is back? As an actual character and a villain? After 4 games of nothing? 10/10 I'm in.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#44 Posted: 19:13:17 03/06/2015
Quote: Iblistech

Oh, they're still around, just not in this section of the forums.

oh your stuck with something worse now the 'yes' men... i am not a hater but i have seen enough of this mario kart thing to opt-out of this year skylanders.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#45 Posted: 19:18:57 03/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

oh your stuck with something worse now the 'yes' men... i am not a hater but i have seen enough of this mario kart thing to opt-out of this year skylanders.

It's only bad for people with a different opinion than them. Both who bash the game at every tiny darn thing and yell at anyone who disagrees,or have blind praise and yell at people for seeing any wrong,are unreasonable. Fan dumb of different extremes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:07 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#46 Posted: 20:31:56 03/06/2015
Hype meter is actually at 11 even though this isn't what I personally wanted from Sky 5. So kudos to V.V. for making me want something I didn't even know I wanted lol.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me