Page 1 of 1
Skylander Stopped Working
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1 Posted: 16:25:47 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Don't know if this is the right place to post this.

Just placed my Rocky Roll on the Portal... And it doesn't show up in-game.
Not only that but no "Your toy may have a problem" message is show.
It acts as if it were no Skylander on the Portal.

This is the first time something like this happens, it isn't a true problem since I can probably buy a new one and maybe find a program to transfer the old save on it but I'm curious if anyone had the same problem without the message showing up.

The Portal works perfectly fine with the other characters, I even tried unplugging it, switching on and off my PS4 and using the 3DS Portal but nothing.
It simply doesn't recognize it as a Skylander anymore.

Might be worth saying that I didn't used him for a lot of time and had to fix the rattling problem with some glue but I doubt that screwed things up as it did fine for over a month after it.

Thanks for eveyone who can help me, it would be really appreciated! smilie
Feel free to post your experiences here.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#2 Posted: 16:33:26 18/05/2015
Ahh, this happened a couple of times with me. Honestly, i kept banging on the base, dropping it on my bed, and slamming my fist on it, and it worked 20 seconds in. I don't recommend this if you don't wanna ( possibly ) damage your toys, however they never damaged mine.
#3 Posted: 16:47:10 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: goldenrushducks
Ahh, this happened a couple of times with me. Honestly, i kept banging on the base, dropping it on my bed, and slamming my fist on it, and it worked 20 seconds in. I don't recommend this if you don't wanna ( possibly ) damage your toys, however they never damaged mine.

I tried it gently... Might have to use some strenght.
Thanks I'll try it immediately! smilie

You didn't got the problem message too?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 18:36:55 18/05/2015
I've got lots of experience with dead figures. Banging the figure with a sensitive chip inside is not the answer.

The Trap Team portal is sometimes sensitive. Try placing the character close to the side with the prison. I had that experience at least THREE TIMES with Trap Team (with perfectly made skylanders---the portal wasn't reading it well)...the portal is just not as well made as previous games. Likewise if the portal is near other electronic equipment I would recommend MOVING IT to see if that helps correct the problem.

Otherwise, your RFID chip is bad. Time to get a replacement. You'll get a replacement from Activision--you are well within 90 days of purchase. You'll need a number on the bottom of the base when submitting a warranty claim. I know you aren't US based on so no idea on ETA on that...for me I had a replacement in 3-4 days.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 18:45:34 18/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#5 Posted: 18:57:10 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I've got lots of experience with dead figures. Banging the figure with a sensitive chip inside is not the answer.

The Trap Team portal is sometimes sensitive. Try placing the character close to the side with the prison. I had that experience at least THREE TIMES with Trap Team (with perfectly made skylanders---the portal wasn't reading it well)...the portal is just not as well made as previous games. Likewise if the portal is near other electronic equipment I would recommend MOVING IT to see if that helps correct the problem.

Otherwise, your RFID chip is bad. Time to get a replacement. You'll get a replacement from Activision--you are well within 90 days of purchase. You'll need a number on the bottom of the base when submitting a warranty claim. I know you aren't US based on so no idea on ETA on that...for me I had a replacement in 3-4 days.

Thanks... Unfortunately I tried with my 3DS SWAP Force Portal too and nothing happened.
I'll try again tomorrow with the PS4 one.

My dad told me buying another one wouldn't be a problem but I might consider getting a replacement.
Don't know if I'm within 90 days however since I don't remember when I bought him (first days of Wave 4 Cores).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#6 Posted: 19:30:04 18/05/2015
It's close enough I wouldn't worry about it. Go ahead and file a warranty claim.
#7 Posted: 19:38:52 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
It's close enough I wouldn't worry about it. Go ahead and file a warranty claim.

Alright then!
I will do it tomorrow!

Thanks again! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#8 Posted: 20:26:15 18/05/2015
Like Lemons said, sometimes the portal is sensitive. If most toys don't work in the game, than it is most likely dead. The chip isn't actually that sensitive, but i still don't recommend banging on it, i did that because i was desperate, and didn't want to buy a replacement.
#9 Posted: 20:41:50 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: goldenrushducks
Like Lemons said, sometimes the portal is sensitive. If most toys don't work in the game, than it is most likely dead. The chip isn't actually that sensitive, but i still don't recommend banging on it, i did that because i was desperate, and didn't want to buy a replacement.

I thought about that too knowing that the Traptanium Portal can be defective sometimes but nothing.
I tried a some other Skylanders and they all worked correctly.

He doesn't work with the 3DS Portal either.

Won't be a problem if I can get another back but it's still sad.
I know this might sound ridiculous but he will never be that Rocky Roll I bought a few months ago.
He will never have the same amount of playtime.
It's like losing a pet... Kinda.

Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. smilie
Thanks again guys! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#10 Posted: 22:32:54 18/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Don't know if this is the right place to post this.

Just placed my Rocky Roll on the Portal... And it doesn't show up in-game.
Not only that but no "Your toy may have a problem" message is show.
It acts as if it were no Skylander on the Portal.

This is the first time something like this happens, it isn't a true problem since I can probably buy a new one and maybe find a program to transfer the old save on it but I'm curious if anyone had the same problem without the message showing up.

The Portal works perfectly fine with the other characters, I even tried unplugging it, switching on and off my PS4 and using the 3DS Portal but nothing.
It simply doesn't recognize it as a Skylander anymore.

Might be worth saying that I didn't used him for a lot of time and had to fix the rattling problem with some glue but I doubt that screwed things up as it did fine for over a month after it.

Thanks for eveyone who can help me, it would be really appreciated! smilie
Feel free to post your experiences here.

Same thing happened with my tree Rex last night. I'll return it to GameStop just to get w replacement.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#11 Posted: 03:48:05 19/05/2015
Early on I heard of several cases of figures just "dying" during Trap Team. I'm of the opinion that either the portal or the programming of the game has left the figures more prone to being impacted. This is the only game in the series where I've seen a figure removed from the portal and it takes 10 seconds or more for it to recognize it was removed. Generally gets me worried about how the portal reads/writes.
#12 Posted: 08:04:15 19/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Early on I heard of several cases of figures just "dying" during Trap Team. I'm of the opinion that either the portal or the programming of the game has left the figures more prone to being impacted. This is the only game in the series where I've seen a figure removed from the portal and it takes 10 seconds or more for it to recognize it was removed. Generally gets me worried about how the portal reads/writes.

Yes I noticed it too.

It's probably because it's the ring that recognizes the characters and not the base.

EDIT: they answered my mail saying that he isn't in stock at the moment and that I could choose another character to get instead.

Do you think I might actually ask for currently unreleased characters (in Europe), such as Gearshift, Enigma, Fling Kong or Flip Wreck?

Maybe I'm dreaming but it would be AWESOME!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:02:16 22/05/2015 by Drek95
#13 Posted: 14:24:04 22/05/2015
That's a bunch of horse poop. Not available? Did they recall that figure? Hmmm....

I say go for it. Get a new one if you can get Rocky locally.
#14 Posted: 14:26:36 22/05/2015 | Topic Creator
That's a bunch of horse poop. Not available? Did they recall that figure? Hmmm....

I say go for it. Get a new one if you can get Rocky locally.

They said "currently".

Maybe they want to fix the rattling issue.

I will no doubt buy another Rocky Roll (probably from Amazon) and try to ask for Enigma. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 14:31:21 22/05/2015
It happened to my Hot Dog, it sucks but I got a cheap replacement anyways.
---
#16 Posted: 16:09:52 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Just want to let you guys know how it ended since you have all been so kind and helpful!

I bought a new Rocky Roll from eBay and he works perfectly fine!
He doesn't even have the rattling problem like the other one.
I managed to level him up a lot, in the last couple days so he's now more or less at the same point of the first one.

Activision has shipped a Gearshift since they didn't find a new Rocky Roll and I couldn't be happier!
Not only I actually spared 5€ (since I won't have to buy her and Rocky Roll only costs 10€) but I will probably be the first one to own her in Italy (not counting the ones who bought her from NA, Canada or Australia) since she will be officially released on the 12th of June along with Wave 5! smilie

Thanks again to everyone feel free to use this topic to share similar experiences; if there is already a thread like this then mods can absolutely feel free to close it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#17 Posted: 17:26:43 28/05/2015
Just want to let you guys know how it ended since you have all been so kind and helpful!

I bought a new Rocky Roll from eBay and he works perfectly fine!
He doesn't even have the rattling problem like the other one.
I managed to level him up a lot, in the last couple days so he's now more or less at the same point of the first one.

Activision has shipped a Gearshift since they didn't find a new Rocky Roll and I couldn't be happier!
Not only I actually spared 5€ (since I won't have to buy her and Rocky Roll only costs 10€) but I will probably be the first one to own her in Italy (not counting the ones who bought her from NA, Canada or Australia) since she will be officially released on the 12th of June along with Wave 5! smilie

Thanks again to everyone feel free to use this topic to share similar experiences; if there is already a thread like this then mods can absolutely feel free to close it. smilie

Great to see that you got a new Rocky Roll and Gearshift!
---
#18 Posted: 18:19:57 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
She arrived a couple hours ago!
Really fast service! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#19 Posted: 01:59:27 29/05/2015

Glad to hear their service was awesome in your location. It does take the sting out.
#20 Posted: 06:55:25 29/05/2015 | Topic Creator

Glad to hear their service was awesome in your location. It does take the sting out.

Absolutely!
They answered immediately at my first request and have been really fast commenting, in the next days.

I also did not expected the option to get a brand new Skylander since they didn't had the one I required. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me