Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Zap's Skylanders 5 Conspiracy Corner! [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 00:30:35 17/05/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I've got this so far.

It started when activision confirmed sky5 was coming in fall. This year, it's being developed by vicarious visions.

Then we got the "Rift Into Overdrive" leak. I assumed the new skylanders could enter an "overdrive" form, making them superpowered. But then i thought otherwise...

Then we got our "before june 3rd" leak. Gnarly barkley comes out june 3rd. What a better way to draw customers in to pre-order the game than with a tiny tree rex?

THEORY 1- Sky 5 will be revealed on june 3rd, corresponding with Gnarly Barkley's release.

Then we got "The Missing Link", my nickname for the prototype. His motor on the base made me change my opinion on the "Overdrive" idea. His motor base might mean vehicles or elemental change.

And since the comic's name is RIFT into OVERDRIVE, THEORY 2- The Game will be called Skylanders: Overdrive.

I'll update with new theories as things get juicier and close this when all is said and done.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 01:11:33 17/05/2015
Well, firstly.

Rift =/= Racing. If it were Drift into Overdrive, it'd make more sense.

My theory is that this game will have a more steampunk setting.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:15 17/05/2015 by AdamGregory03
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3 Posted: 01:26:30 17/05/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well, firstly.

Rift =/= Racing. If it were Drift into Overdrive, it'd make more sense.

My theory is that this game will have a more steampunk setting.

Actually, I'd say it'd fit better with a racing theme if it was Shift into Overdrive.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#4 Posted: 14:17:24 17/05/2015
The word rift means crack, split, or break. Sometimes it is used to describe cracks that open up between dimensions. It has also been used together with the word elemental. I am not saying that the idea of racing is impossible, but that it cannot be implied from the name Rift into Overdrive.

I personally like the idea of changing the release schedule for these games. They should make a super smash style game, then a regular skylanders game, then a mario kart style game, and then another regular skylanders game. They make the most money off of the toys. By making each of the toys more useful, it will more than likely get most parents to buy more toys. Much more value for your money spent if you can use the character in a racing game, fighting game, and adventure game.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 14:29:49 17/05/2015
Quote: griswoldthunder
The word rift means crack, split, or break. Sometimes it is used to describe cracks that open up between dimensions. It has also been used together with the word elemental. I am not saying that the idea of racing is impossible, but that it cannot be implied from the name Rift into Overdrive.

I personally like the idea of changing the release schedule for these games. They should make a super smash style game, then a regular skylanders game, then a mario kart style game, and then another regular skylanders game. They make the most money off of the toys. By making each of the toys more useful, it will more than likely get most parents to buy more toys. Much more value for your money spent if you can use the character in a racing game, fighting game, and adventure game.

I get that rift means crack, but Overdrive implies a motor. Granted overdrive could be a place but the motor theory is more likely.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#6 Posted: 15:37:20 17/05/2015
The word rift means crack, split, or break. Sometimes it is used to describe cracks that open up between dimensions.

Has anyone seen the fake skylanders: Dimensions?
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 15:45:05 17/05/2015
If the game is about negating the hundreds of skylanders by placing them in vehicles, call me out.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#8 Posted: 17:13:03 17/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
If the game is about negating the hundreds of skylanders by placing them in vehicles, call me out.

sky5 will become the new mario kart, better believe it...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 17:53:55 17/05/2015
I'll believe it when it's confirmed. Stop prodding me... smilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#10 Posted: 18:04:38 17/05/2015

Rift means crack or break, and overdrive implies engines. Rift also has ties to other dimensions, engines are classified power-wise by their dimensions. Elemental has been mentioned, water is one of the Skylanders' elements, engines need water to stay cool, if they run out they'll crack, creating a rift which renders them unable to run.

So...Sky 5 is a simulator where you use your Skylanders to repair engines which have cracks in them! We're geting a Mario Kart pit crew simulator, everybody!

...PROOF!

smilie

(Just kidding, couldn't resist, don't have any hard feelings or go too deep down the rabbit hole as you can see how easily we can tie little things that we think are clues into something bigger that they clearly aren't.)

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
minikaboom Green Sparx Gems: 356
#11 Posted: 18:05:06 17/05/2015
I very much enjoyed this and it inspired me to make this mash-up photo. Zap, you sir are a TRUE detective.

[User Posted Image]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 18:32:15 17/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Agree, and even if that applies to the new gimmick Skylanders only I would still be disappointed.
A lot.

I still think that "engine" under the new Fire character is more of an extra function for the gameplay (think about Disney Infinity's power discs I don't think they have an explanation in-game; if they have, well... You got my point) rather than a proper change this big.

At least... I hope it.

They should take that concept and create a spin-off with no new characters and a unique kart for each of the exsisting Skylanders.
THAT would be a game I might consider getting!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#13 Posted: 19:03:45 17/05/2015
At first, I thought it was just "power discs". But after hearing about "Overdrive" meaning "much more powerful than usual", and how it seems to have some sort of time/space thing going on, I think it's a combination of incredibly powerful (think 3 times as powerful as the giants) and the "Overdrive" discs.

For example, one disc could give the Skylander the ability to slow down time, another would allow it to warp to any area in the level (or game), and the disc could be put in the slot. The Core Skylanders wouldn't be nerfed and unusable to make the Overdrive Skylanders look overpowerred, the Giants were supposedly more powerful than Cores, but they weren't.

But if racing is the gimmick (which it could be), I think there's going to be advanced combat too, like DI 3.0. DI 3.0 has advanced racing and combat. But I don't like the idea of racing, because:

1) There was a "racing" Swap Zone in SSF. I don't think they should make one mini-game into a gimmick, even if it's 3 times as good as SSF. Would you want a gimmick about stealth or spinning?

2) If the villain has time/space powers, then Skylanders that drive fast aren't going to be very useful against stopping him.

However, there is some evidence supporting the racing theory:

1) "Rift" sounds similar to "Drift"/"Shift", which could count as racing-related (see below). They might of tried making a pun with "Rift".

2) "Overdrive" is also a racing-related word.

There's also the possibility of Skylanders Baatlecast for Sky5. However, I think Overdrive is more likely for Sky5.

Sorry if there's any bad grammar.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:04 17/05/2015 by Qcumber
#14 Posted: 19:12:05 17/05/2015
I think we shouldn't rely too much on Rift into Overdrive.
That's the prequel comic's name.

If anything I feel like we should focus more on the "overdrive" part even if "rift" would have opened up more possibilities...

*totally unwanted joke smilie*
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#15 Posted: 11:31:42 18/05/2015
no conspiracy about the online gameplay yet?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#16 Posted: 12:37:08 18/05/2015
I think a lot of people are taking the "overdrive " word a bit too literally applying it to cars and racing. It's just as easily referring to an increase in power of something or putting any machine into overdrive.

And thinking about the comics, if the next game was about cars/racing.... That doesn't sound like it would result in very diverse release of comics.

From "rift into overdrive" I'm still thinking Kaos got hold of a machine/ vehicle that creates rifts into worlds, and as usually he probably messed something up and the machine got overpowerd and out of control. Probably was aiming to open a door to our world and destroy us ( the portal master instead of just skylands or skylanders).
He was really aware of us at the end of trap team and knows we're here helping the skylanders. Character wise it makes sense to continue trying to destroy us before taking over skylands, or give up on taking over skylands and try dominating some other world.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#17 Posted: 17:10:24 18/05/2015
I think vehicles could be in the game, but not as the main gimmick. Instead, it could be a side gimmick (like the Minis) I think there could be 8 Vehicles (1 for each Element) and a bonus mode for racing (like the Kaos Doom Challenge).
However, instead of having any Skylander drive it, I think the drivers should be limited to Minis-only (with one being in the starter), and having 8-16 new Minis to drive them. Depending on which Vehicle/Mini combination there is, there could be different attacks based on the element.
For example, if a Tech Tank was driven by Hijinx, it could have a projectile attack (the Tank, and additional affects provided by the Undead Element), a dash attack (The Tank), and an Elemental attack (Hex/Undead).
I think Vehicles should be in the game, but not as a main gimmick. I think it could be a side-story that's not related to Kaos at all.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#18 Posted: 03:26:08 23/05/2015
I don't think it will be cars. I think it will be aircraft, possibly spaceships or something.
If the title's Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive, then the possibility could deal with space/time continuum.
Remember, in Chapter 12 of Trap Team, Wolfgang had Kaos bound to a wheel and spun him which allowed Wolfgang to travel 10,000 years into the future.
Plus what current Trap Team character specializes in temporal powers? :déjàvu:
I think Skylanders 5 will be the Doctor Who of the franchise.
As for the gimmick, that we'll have to wait and see what's revealed.
That's my guess.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#19 Posted: 09:26:16 23/05/2015
I am not sure i care for Monsters in disguise the S. FORMERS !!!

I liked them riding dinosaurs idea from another thread.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:28:06 23/05/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#20 Posted: 09:52:59 23/05/2015
Quote: Insane01
I don't think it will be cars. I think it will be aircraft, possibly spaceships or something.
If the title's Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive, then the possibility could deal with space/time continuum.
Remember, in Chapter 12 of Trap Team, Wolfgang had Kaos bound to a wheel and spun him which allowed Wolfgang to travel 10,000 years into the future.
Plus what current Trap Team character specializes in temporal powers? :déjàvu:
I think Skylanders 5 will be the Doctor Who of the franchise.
As for the gimmick, that we'll have to wait and see what's revealed.
That's my guess.

Quite frankly I don't care if they create submarines or boats for Water, drillers or bulldozers for Earth, aircrafts and planes for Air and so on.
We already have vehicle sections inside the main Story and they can be really fun when placed in the correct moment (and if not overused).

Don't think a gimmick or game revolving entirely around them would work well.

But I also think we are getting afraid about nothing.
They know what we like and most likely learned from their mistakes.

I'm still hoping the innovation will be about the game itself but we should see soon...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#21 Posted: 03:02:29 24/05/2015
Neither do I, Drek. I'm curious about the game myself., but not a real fan of racing games.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#22 Posted: 20:25:51 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
BUMP because amazon leaks.

theory 1 was right. theory 2... nope.

i have 2 not posted theories, that are also incorrect.

Now, let's look at names-

Spitfire- sounds like the prototype to me..
Super Shot Stealth Elf- UGH. nope. I'll give this one to my friend.
Hot Steak- if this vehicle isn't a t-bone steak with wheels, I'll be disappointed.

UNDERWATER LEVELS, OH MY GOD YES!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me