First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders 5 toy prototypes?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#51 Posted: 22:19:05 14/05/2015
How exciting. This has to be the starter pack character. Looks a lot like Fire Kraken but they still look like a great character.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#52 Posted: 22:21:22 14/05/2015
This is honestly the first Fire element character that I am 100% completely happy with.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#53 Posted: 22:28:34 14/05/2015
I'll wait for colors first but I'm almost sure it'll be a step up too. Smolderdash and Torch were attempts, but there's just something so bland about having a big focus on the fire effects on the figures. Unless Clawbellows' body is made of fire and isn't red,black or yellow in some way he could easy break that rule for something varied.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#54 Posted: 22:35:00 14/05/2015
What if this is the official color and they leave it bland so it fits every element?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#55 Posted: 22:37:32 14/05/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
What if this is the official color and they leave it bland so it fits every element?

I'd be legally obliged* to put the this picture as my avatar for a week after that information and laugh as I go buy some TT figures with the money I'd be saving for this.

*-not really
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:09 14/05/2015 by Bifrost
#56 Posted: 22:39:05 14/05/2015

Do you not see the Fire base? Its a Fire element, why would it need to represent every element?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#57 Posted: 22:47:15 14/05/2015
I think that the base might be able to open, and there will be "Overdrive" discs that can be put in the base to give the "Overdrive" Skylander additional abilities.

Sorry if my grammar is bad or I've forgotten something, I'm posting from a 3DS.
---
You can't handle MEMES
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#58 Posted: 22:52:04 14/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute

Do you not see the Fire base? Its a Fire element, why would it need to represent every element?

Some me people think that the bases may slide of the engine looking thing and be swappable with other bases and possibly vehicles.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
PortalMasterJ Gold Sparx Gems: 2528
#59 Posted: 22:53:06 14/05/2015
You know, species wise it could be a quetzalcoatl, which comes from ancient Aztecs. Could be wrong but it looks kinda similar.
---
It's time for adventures of the Skylanders!
#60 Posted: 22:54:21 14/05/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Some me people think that the bases may slide of the engine looking thing and be swappable with other bases and possibly vehicles.

Still wouldn't make a completely black color scheme make sense.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#61 Posted: 22:58:29 14/05/2015
Quote: PortalMasterJ
You know, species wise it could be a quetzalcoatl, which comes from ancient Aztecs. Could be wrong but it looks kinda similar.

Quetzalcoatl is still a feathered snake, and armless in beast form. If anything it'd be inspiration for a Life or Air skylander, Clawbellows has more of a lizard-y look.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#62 Posted: 23:14:23 14/05/2015
I prefer to call him "The Missing Link" until sky 5 reveals this guy, but if i had to name him, I'd call him Burnout.
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#63 Posted: 23:14:52 14/05/2015
Something interesting to note is that in the photo were three of this new skylander are side by side it seems they were either testing diffrent poses for the character or they were just three very diffrent quality figure prints(either explanation is possible)
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
#64 Posted: 23:17:28 14/05/2015
Different quality seems more likely since the pose is the same, but they are in different heights. Maybe the plastic got stuck at different positions as the furthest one seems to have been pressed down a lot.
---
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#65 Posted: 23:23:42 14/05/2015
This was apparently found in a toy shop in Mexico.
Hopefully this is a racing/automobile expansion.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#66 Posted: 23:27:22 14/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
I prefer to call him "The Missing Link" until sky 5 reveals this guy, but if i had to name him, I'd call him Burnout.

Burnout is a good one!
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#67 Posted: 23:28:08 14/05/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks

NO!!!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#68 Posted: 23:29:36 14/05/2015

Samba De Skylanders confirmed, with amiigo support smilie
#69 Posted: 23:31:18 14/05/2015
Burnout is kinda like Fryno and Hot Head's powers since it's still related to automobile themes, we've yet to see what the engine actually does; but who knows.
---
#70 Posted: 23:33:45 14/05/2015
I hope this gets announced soon!

The Missing Link must be found!
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#71 Posted: 23:38:53 14/05/2015
For one, i love automobiles, and i would love to see this as a racing expansion. Perhaps the regular adventures, but with racing minigames, similar to SSF with Swap gates? That is an automobile engine no doubt, it also has mechanical wings that are exposing fire. If it was from the tech element, we would be thrown off topic of the racing theory. We can only assume a racing game as of now.

Nevertheless;

Us on day one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:09 14/05/2015 by goldenrushducks
owen4402 Green Sparx Gems: 226
#72 Posted: 00:03:42 15/05/2015
hype levels rising...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#73 Posted: 00:20:23 15/05/2015
Not much to say, as i think everyone has pointed out, it looks pretty cool character wise. Im gonna go with the others who have mentioned it looks like the figure part is detachable from the base; it differs from regular figures which have peg hole looking things that the top of the " base" that the figure normally sits on and plugs into the colored series base. This one looks like it kind of pops into place, and can slide out with a button.

I don't remember when everyone was clamoring/joking for a kart racer, but i don't see how it could be out of the realm of speculation right now: pull the figure off the element "base" and plug it onto a vehicle "base".

The other alternate of course like people have mentioned, is swapping elements. The base appears to resemble a square box sort of thing, with the front open for a figure to slide into. That could easily be done with all the line's figures, and have them easily be swappable element wise.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Newguy333 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#74 Posted: 01:05:42 15/05/2015
Here is my theory on the color
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Skylanders-5-533049768
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
My Deviantart where I Draw Skylanders Real or My Own, http://joltiklover.deviantart.com/
#75 Posted: 01:09:31 15/05/2015
Guys, have you noticed that he has no base? Green, Orange, Blue, Red, then nothing? Are there gonna be no bases in this game? 0.o
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#76 Posted: 01:54:48 15/05/2015
Guys, have you noticed that he has no base? Green, Orange, Blue, Red, then nothing? Are there gonna be no bases in this game? 0.o

Its transparent.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#77 Posted: 02:20:58 15/05/2015
Very interesting....the base looks very different from the norm...this might be a hint to the new game's style.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#78 Posted: 02:33:19 15/05/2015

Its transparent.

No, there's just the motor thing and then the flameys engulfing it.
---
#79 Posted: 02:44:36 15/05/2015

Its transparent.

No, there's just the motor thing and then the flameys engulfing it.

One of the pictures shows the base. Its part of the element stuff now, probably for the gimmick. There is still a base.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#80 Posted: 02:52:13 15/05/2015
I think Snapdragon (that's what I'm calling him until his official name is revealed BTW) might be in the Sky 5 starter/portal owner's pack, or at least in the first wave, as is the case with Skylanders who are leaked before their game is announced.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#81 Posted: 03:14:59 15/05/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
I think Snapdragon (that's what I'm calling him until his official name is revealed BTW) might be in the Sky 5 starter/portal owner's pack, or at least in the first wave, as is the case with Skylanders who are leaked before their game is announced.

Not true with VV. Remember Swap Force? Freeze Blade and Stink Bomb were some of the last to come out.
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#82 Posted: 03:31:46 15/05/2015
Wow. Looks great. I'm once again reminded why Swap Force was my favorite game. With this leak, maybe they will announce it soon. I really dont want to wait until June 3rd, unless there is a specific reason for that date.
#83 Posted: 03:33:56 15/05/2015

Not true with VV. Remember Swap Force? Freeze Blade and Stink Bomb were some of the last to come out.

Yeah, but we knew about them when they announced the game, not before it.
---
Check this out! Please?
#84 Posted: 03:41:58 15/05/2015

Was there anything we knew before it?
---
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2520
#85 Posted: 03:48:25 15/05/2015

Wait!!!! Was it in packaging??
Ask the person who posted th imgs.
Why u may ask: So we can see the sky5 logo!!
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#86 Posted: 04:32:51 15/05/2015
Quote: funnybone

Wait!!!! Was it in packaging??
Ask the person who posted th imgs.
Why u may ask: So we can see the sky5 logo!!

Highly doubt it, because it is a prototype. If you really feel the need to, oh wait, toy shop? Um, well I mean, you can ask the guy yourself on reddit. Hmmm...
---
Spread those positive vibes
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#87 Posted: 04:44:45 15/05/2015
For one, i love automobiles, and i would love to see this as a racing expansion. Perhaps the regular adventures, but with racing minigames, similar to SSF with Swap gates? That is an automobile engine no doubt, it also has mechanical wings that are exposing fire. If it was from the tech element, we would be thrown off topic of the racing theory. We can only assume a racing game as of now.

Nevertheless;

Us on day one.

I wouldn't assume a racing game just because they may include some "vehicle" type things. Skylanders try to make more unique gimics and you can implement vehicles type things in story play in a few different ways. They'll probably do something more interesting then just racing.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#88 Posted: 06:00:52 15/05/2015
Quote: Newguy333

Those colors are perfect!
They really suits him/her, great job!

I'm kind hoping for a fire-made red elemental but that looks even better.

On the other news it seems like the plastic they used for him/her is the same that was used for the SWAP Force's Skylanders.
Not a smooth and "reflecting" one like TfB's character but a more opaque one.

However this is a prototype so it may change with the final version.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#89 Posted: 08:27:37 15/05/2015
It was apparently found by accident in a toy snop in Mexico because they were sent the wrong toys. If Activision still haven't found out about Flyer Kraken (which they probably have because Acti have reps on this forum, but there's still a chance) being sent to the shop in Mexico, they might accidentally send more prototypes, thinking there're still sending it to the right place. Even if they did know about Flyer Kraken, they might not know about the toy shop, or might of already sent the next prototypes. I don't know much about how shipping works, though.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#90 Posted: 08:40:00 15/05/2015
I think there is no "gimmick" visible.
I don't think removable anything from those pictures.

I DO like the redesign of the base, that will make the new figures clearly different to the old ones. I LOVE that.

Maybe dual element? Fire/Tech?

I think many of you are reading far too much into this. It's cool. It's amazing. It looks great, but I don't think we can draw any conclusion as to gimmick from it.
#91 Posted: 08:51:22 15/05/2015
I love he has like 5 names now. Flyer Kraken, Clawbellows, Missing Link, Burnout and Snapdragon. I pity the person that'll drop in at page two and think we're talking about several different prototypes.
Also, in a similar subject not but not exactly the topic, did Dark just completely give up on writing news articles for the main site? Wave 5 started like two weeks ago, and with this you'd think there'd be a 'Possible First Sky5 Skylander revealed' article right away like in the previous years.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#92 Posted: 09:27:53 15/05/2015
Do they normally chip uncolored prototypes? I'd personally would be working on those chips and using a program to see what's on them. We'd learn the name of the character, probably the name of the next series, the level cap, all sorts of stuff.

As it's in Mexico, it could be for the Spanish (Mexican) programming team working on the project. Voice or text programmers. Mail theft is very high in Mexico so I wager it's stolen stuff that turned up rather than a missent piece of mail.
---
Stay Cool!
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#93 Posted: 09:28:59 15/05/2015
Okay, I'm gonna throw a theory in here:

What if these huge wings have a use? Perhaps for air battle? Perhaps it's a skylander that can fight both on land and in the air? And perhaps only specific skylanders can fight in the air?
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#94 Posted: 10:20:31 15/05/2015
Quote: Pyrofer
I think there is no "gimmick" visible.
I don't think removable anything from those pictures.

I DO like the redesign of the base, that will make the new figures clearly different to the old ones. I LOVE that.

Maybe dual element? Fire/Tech?

I think many of you are reading far too much into this. It's cool. It's amazing. It looks great, but I don't think we can draw any conclusion as to gimmick from it.

I agree with no removable parts, and leaning more towards abilities for special areas in the game.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#95 Posted: 10:29:00 15/05/2015
if it IS chipped, and somebody could pop it on a portal and do a raw dump with my app to send I would appreciate it !!!
I could update my app in advance to support the new figures smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#96 Posted: 11:47:37 15/05/2015
if it IS chipped, and somebody could pop it on a portal and do a raw dump with my app to send I would appreciate it !!!

Considering that..

A. It's almost definitely some form of a prototype,

B. It has no paper under the base,

C. The figure isn't supposed to be released for several months,

They almost definitely aren't working.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#97 Posted: 12:30:19 15/05/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Considering that..

A. It's almost definitely some form of a prototype,

B. It has no paper under the base,

C. The figure isn't supposed to be released for several months,

They almost definitely aren't working.

Well it does clearly have a chip in it. Is it possible that they make these things in China then ship them to the U.S. for painting? I always assumed that they were painted then assembled but maybe not? At the very least there is a chip of some sort in it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#98 Posted: 13:00:09 15/05/2015

Was there anything we knew before it?

...Honestly, I don't remember.
---
Check this out! Please?
#99 Posted: 13:11:05 15/05/2015
Kinda hard to tell what Clawbellows is doing in Mexico to begin with, a dubbing team wouldn't really need an unfinished figure, would they?
And I'm pretty sure that the figures leave China painted in the final release at least, with that person that stole Blades figures long before the game was out having them fully painted. And I'm sure that asking Acti about this mysterious figure will only get those pictures removed.
---
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#100 Posted: 14:10:30 15/05/2015
Y' know...A vehicle gimmick wouldn't be so bad...but that DEFINITELY DOESN'T explain the fact the space-time rift thingy Kaos is doing...according to the comic book...preview...thingy. I really don't know, I need more info.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me