Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Earning gems from huts [CLOSED]
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 12:45:58 13/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Hi friends,

When i had about 20 huts usually 3-4 of them produced gems and the others produced energy or gold. i have'nt used them for a while now. But i startet again some days ago. Now i have 56 huts (all Alter Ego, all Giants, Legendary huts and so on) and see that mostly 3 to 5 of them give me gems while all the others are producing gold and energy.
This is a bit disappointing. I thought may i may receive gems from 7 to 10 huts at least.

What is your gem payout from huts? Do you experience the same?
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#2 Posted: 21:51:37 13/05/2015
My most recent payout (although I don't have all of the houses):
Giants Houses / Minis - Gems x 1, Gold x 2, Energy x 3, XP x 3 - 1 out of 6 for Gems
Legendary Houses - Gems x 0, Gold x 3, Energy x 1, XP x 3 - 0 out of 7 for Gems
Alter Ego Houses - Gems x 2, Gold x 6, Energy x 2, XP x 5 - 2 out of 11 for Gems
Total - 3 out of 25 for Gems
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 08:57:10 14/05/2015
Quote:
This is a bit disappointing. I thought may i may receive gems from 7 to 10 huts at least.

Well its random so you will score that sooner or later . Yes the gem payout is less then 25 % chance . Its possible your chances increase a bit when you max level and huts no longer produce xp so its less then a 33 % chance in theory .

A bit disappointing ? Yes I suppose so but your other option is giving real money smilie

This is a farming game , the more you do it the more gems you get . If you compare Lost Islands to other kingdom games . The premium currency payout is by far the most generous .

I have complete giant , sidekick and legendary houses . 8 Alt , 4 trap Master , 2 Swop , 2 Bird , 1 cadet 3 Dark and 3 Dragon .

As for my numbers for today . 7 buildings coughed up the precious green resource .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:17:59 14/05/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 12:28:27 14/05/2015
I actually managed 11 gem drops in one of today's collections, with 5 of those being from the 18 legendary houses. But as Miss Croptop already pointed out, it certainly helps when you're no longer collecting experience.

With all companions, it's worth remembering that you can collect four times a day. That's well over 200 house collections in one day. Even if only one in 10 drop, that's 20 gem drops with an average of 3.5 gems per drop is 70 gems. Add in a gem for every chest, one for Hyde, two gems for every time you clear bats, some from clearing mobs, some from your friends, some from sanctuaries, some from toy link towers, some from clearing trees and other debris, and occasionally, some from Orville, and you should be averaging at least 100 free gems each day. I think I average around 120 each day. Or 40,000 gems a year if you avidly collect. That's more than enough gems to buy everything. I'm not counting the 5000-7000 gems you pick up for character levels and missions.

Just did another collection as I finished typing. 6 gem drops for 25 gems.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#5 Posted: 12:48:39 14/05/2015
It's just random. I have all giant/alter-ego houses, 18 legendary houses, 15 swap houses, 5 bird, 8 dark, 8 dragon, 17 trap houses, 3 cadette, and 3 scout. There are times when only 1 or 2 out of that whole bunch produce gems, but there are also times when I open my island and see nothing but a sea of green waiting to be collected.

Don't worry too much if it seems low for a while. It will all even out to good in the end.
#6 Posted: 08:28:42 15/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I tried i while before i posted my results. So it is not from a single observation.
I can live with the results but i still think that there is a gem cap from the huts which might be 50 to 75 a day.
Because this is what i usually received when i had half as much huts. And it is still the same.
So i guess it doesn't matter if i would buy more dark, cadette, scout and trap master houses. The gem production would not rise any more.
But these are just my thoughts :-)
#7 Posted: 08:47:08 15/05/2015
Quote:
So i guess it doesn't matter if i would buy more dark, cadette, scout and trap master houses. The gem production would not rise any more.
But these are just my thoughts

I dont believe its capped . I will stick to the theory that more huts i have the more gem chance i get. I have seen photos here of Islands with 17 000 gems in their inventory .
---
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#8 Posted: 09:35:00 15/05/2015
My last five collections from huts netted: 11 drops, 6 drops, 8 drops, 8 drops and 7 drops. So all well above the 3-5 drop average you've indicated. I can only suggest you're going through a random lean patch. I've only got 52 huts myself. I'd pay very handsomely for a companion that allowed you to queue up who you want in all the huts/sanctuaries/balloons. Or even centered the screen on the character that was last used in that spot.

Dark fhoenix: after carefully laying the bait for you above, I can't believe you didn't snap it up. You must be slipping.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#9 Posted: 11:37:02 15/05/2015
Random is random. You could flip a coin 50 times and it comes up heads all 50 times. However, I do have a feeling they lowered the rate of gem collections on a few things fairly recently, particularly on Halls of Legends and Sanctuaries. Sanctuaries used to be big gem producers, now I'm lucky to get one collection total from all eight fully loaded. Halls used to have a good gem rate, now I have collections where none have any.

Huts are still decent producers, as are Dark and Dragon Houses. Gateways, Trap and Swap Houses are average (and always have been). Scout and Bird houses are still really uncommon.
#10 Posted: 12:55:00 15/05/2015
Quote:
Dark fhoenix: after carefully laying the bait for you above, I can't believe you didn't snap it up. You must be slipping.

If you mean the lil miss crop top quip yes i saw it and let it go .
---
#11 Posted: 07:03:47 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
What should i say.
After proclaiming my theory my earnings are 9, 8, 9, 9, 7. I've proven myself wrong.
But maybe it helped crying out my darkest fears :-)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me