Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Linked/Bought Skylanders Question [CLOSED]
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 23:18:26 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
So, when you buy a 'Lander (with coins or gems) is it counted for Toy Link Towers? Also, when you link a Skylander you've bought (again, with coins or gems) do you get a refund? Also, unrelated question, but what should I use my gems for? I have all the Toy Link Towers, one Shrine (Undead) and no Skylanders bought with gems.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 23:23:40 07/05/2015
Skylanders bought in game or spun for don't count. You need to do actual Toy Linking,that is, use the codes.
You're refunded the gems if you bought one but I don't really remember if you get the gold back from spins.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#3 Posted: 23:44:36 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh ok. Thanks.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 12:00:07 08/05/2015
No gold back from spins. Don't really understand why not though.

As to the original question, what should you use your gems for? Easy. More shrines. Once you've maxed out shrines, shrines give many wishstones, wishstones buy Legendary Houses (and your monthly alt), L.Houses give everything including gems with no energy required. If you see alt houses on sale (not merely available for purchase, but on sale at a discount), then you can use gems for them. But definitely shrines first.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 12:10:24 08/05/2015
Quote:

Umm yeah if you are rich enough to spin for skylanders , you dont need a gold refund .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 14:37:23 08/05/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:

Umm yeah if you are rich enough to spin for skylanders , you dont need a gold refund .

That all depends on how you manage your gold. My son has been known to leave himself without enough gold to plant crops (and out of energy), because it was more fun to spin for a new skylander than to plant a boring old crop. smilie

But they had the gem refund in place long before you had the ability to spend gold for skylander spins, so I suspect a gold refund was simply never considered by the developers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:32 08/05/2015 by arkhamhorrorfan
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 15:52:24 08/05/2015
Love planting crops .

I was about level 34 and made enough gold to spin for a skylander once every 4 or 5 days . Then wolfgang showed up and htat made me save up a bit more .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 13:51:04 11/05/2015
The choice to not give a gold refund was, to me, a purposeful one. If you had a chance of receiving your gold back, most people would more likely just spin for their Skylanders. With the option to get your gems back, it becomes more of a temptation to spend gems in case you get the figure later.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me