Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Customer Stories: Featuring Larry
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Customer Stories: Featuring Larry
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#1 Posted: 00:51:37 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
i know most people on here are too young for jobs but it is always interesting reading about this stuff since everyone has had some weird customers to say the least.

An example for me will be this time i was a selfcheckout attendant (so bored out of my mind basically) and i offer to throw away some trash for this one woman who had some in her cart. She tells me "no, thats ok" but left the trash in her cart when she left. smilie

i am currently in my breakroom so later i will tell of the chronicles of larry and also the tale of angry corn man
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:37:19 23/09/2016 by Big Green
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2 Posted: 00:52:31 07/05/2015
*eagerly awaits the tails of the angry corn man*
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#3 Posted: 01:00:38 07/05/2015
chronicles of larry sounds pretty exciting there.

i'm pretty interested in angry corn man too.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#4 Posted: 02:09:09 07/05/2015
Excuse the greentext but I'm lazy to write normally so **** it

>working as sporting goods clerk for Fleet Farm
>customer wants to buy a towable (inner tube for pulling behind a boat almost like pulling a skiier)
>price on special markdown
>$100 and used to be at least twice as expensive
>was a display so it's filled with air and needs to be deflated
>customer only wants to pay $95
>try to explain it's a manager markdown, already good deal, I don't control the price
>wants a manager
>go find a manager to see if they'll take $5 off
>manager chuckles and says "yeah that's not happening" and disappears
>tell customer
>customer wants to talk to manager directly
>manager is gone
>another customer appears
>my guardian angel
>says he saw what was going on with the customer of hell
>wants to buy the item as is
>specifically doesn't demand the tube to be fully deflated and perfectly repackaged into box
>i love this man
>go back to other customer and say "sorry someone else decided to buy this"
>customer was on the phone, just pick up the empty box for the tube and take it to customer service desk
>thank guardian angel multiple times when helping to load the slightly deflated tube into his car
>to this day I hope he's alive and well
>other customer can go have sex with a pine tree
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#5 Posted: 02:44:50 07/05/2015
I got called "Honey" by an old dude on Monday.

Thaaaaat's about the most interesting thing I've had happen to me that I haven't said before.

Quote: Philomena

I've tried, it's overrated.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
#6 Posted: 03:07:29 07/05/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
I got called "Honey" by an old dude on Monday.

Thaaaaat's about the most interesting thing I've had happen to me that I haven't said before.

Quote: Philomena

I've tried, it's overrated.

[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
#7 Posted: 03:23:24 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
those kinds of customers are the worst, philomena, i don't get them often thankfully but angry corn man is a story similar to that one. so here it is, the tale of angry corn man

The Tale of Angry Corn Man

My grocery store was having a big sale on corn, you could get some regular ol' corn for $3 a package and creamed corn for $5. Angry Corn Man wasn't going to have any of this, though. He got the creamy corn, and insisted it was supposed to be $3. Whenever a customer disagrees on a price we are supposed to send a sacker to do a quick price check. He didn't seem to want this, though, and started demanding I give it to him for the $3. Luckily my friend Lindsay, who also works at customer service, was nearby and helped me out. She went to go do the price check and he accepted after a bit of persuading. Angry Corn Man said there was a sign just above the corn that said it was $3 and Lindsay got back and said that it was for $5. She later told me there was no sign in the first place. Angry Corn Man started asking to speak to a manager then, so Lindsay went to talk to someone else at customer service for a bit. Meanwhile, Angry Corn Man started saying some amusing stuff, like "This is how they get ya" and "I AM PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN. I AM GETTING THIS CORN FOR $3" and "If you keep this up, they are going to shut you guys down" (whoever they are). The annoying old man behind him was agreeing with him on this stuff too. Lindsay got back and just gave him the corn for $3 so he would shut up and leave. (honestly wish they didn't cave in on this but I was just glad for him to leave)

tl;dr a dude holds up my line at the store to save a couple dollars on corn, i think he knew that it wasn't that price but whined until he got his way

next i shall post the chronicles of larry, it will have to be a huge literary epic since larry is very infamous at my work and i have had several encounters with him
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:24:26 07/05/2015 by Big Green
#8 Posted: 03:29:26 07/05/2015
beautiful.

chronicles of larry will not disappoint by the look of it.
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#9 Posted: 03:30:41 07/05/2015
After hearing these stories I'm thankful I don't work in retail...
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#10 Posted: 03:33:51 07/05/2015
Steven Stories

I work in the library at my college (graduating this weekend!!!) and there's a guy named Steven who always comes in and wants really weird stuff. He specifically always asks for Lynn, the Interlibrary loan librarian. He has her private phone number after she left it for another librarian. Steven comes in, see's the phone number on a sticky note, and saves it. Now he calls her at any time he wants to. He even asks her to take him places and calls when the library is obviously closed. He also must know the name of every librarian and tries to get their numbers too. He writes poetry and hits on the girls who work in the library. He is a 70 year old man. He takes one class at the college a semester, then drops out so he can keep his library card at the school.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#11 Posted: 03:48:27 07/05/2015
Life at an Amusement Park which shall go unnamed....

So, dis one old crazy lady.... The park has souveneir bottles that you can get soda refills on, only for the year in which they are given out for, after that you can only get water in them. (Kind of sucks, but that's the rules...) Anyway, some woman who looks around her 50's-60's rolls up in one of those handicap scooters. She brings up some bottle that advertises a new ride that was new when I was like 5 years old and asks for Coca-Cola. I can't even see the year on it, but based on wrong color, shape, and decal I can tell this has to be about a decade old.... I politely apologize and explain the rules and say how I can't put soda in there but can put water in it for her for free.

She gets angry at this point and claims when she bought it she was guaranteed free soda refills for life and asks to see my supervisor. I get on the radio and call over Yvette who later tells me she was confused why I called since I'm a Lead and figured I could handle most whatever, though understood when she got there. Yvette arrives, and kindly explains just as I had, with the lady still insisting she's in the right. Not even a minute goes by before she demands to see someone above her. We call down the head of the Food Department, which that day was my boss Charlie (it rotates daily between a number of high level peoples). She grows impatient as we wait as he's busy and takes some time to get there.

When she's about to storm off, he shows up and still explains the same thing. She insists he's wrong and even though he's worked there for the last roughly 12 years, is too young to know anything as she's been going to this park longer than he's been around as she claims, at this point angry and shouting. He agrees he is younger, but still the policy has never changed and has always been such. In the end, she realizes hse won't get her way and storms off, claiming she will write a review and include all of our names and ensure we're all fired. That was late last year and all 3 of us still have a job so.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#12 Posted: 04:12:05 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Buckle up since this is going to be a big post. I hope you guys enjoy reading about Larry.

The Chronicles of Larry

Alternate titles: Captain Cocaine Chronicles, The Legend of Larry

Larry is a frequent customer at my poor unfortunate grocery store. He is some old creepy balding dude who honestly looks like some sort of sexual predator. You mention his name to anyone who works there and they immediately know who you are talking about, and if you say he is in the store, everyone freaks out a little bit and prays that he won't talk to them or go through their line. I remember a new sacker who already heard Larry stories on his FIRST DAY OF WORK. Unfortunately for me, I was not so lucky and had my first chat with Larry without having been warned.

The First Encounter

I was still pretty new to my job and hadn't been trained to work behind a cash register yet, so I was the u-scan attendant. Larry starts talking to me, asking if I am going into nursing. I told him no, I am going into IT. He tells me I could get rich doing that. It goes on for a while, I kinda forgot what he said at this point. I think he asked if I planned on getting married?

The Worst, and Second, Encounter

It was my very first day working on the cash register in a proper lane and I was being trained by my coworker Olivia. Guess who comes through my lane? ****ing Larry. I remembered him from before and braced myself. Larry starts out by asking what me and Olivia's husbands do. We told him we are not married yet. He said he was never married. I check out his groceries as he still is talking about whatever, I was kind of following it but had no idea what he was talking about. He kept talking even after I had given him his receipt. Olivia slipped away quietly, leaving me alone to face the dreaded Larry. Larry talked about how messed up Las Vegas was and some surgery he underwent in like 2003, where he said doctors said he would never work again and he ignored them. I don't remember what else he talked about because I was totally lost. Olivia later said sorry for leaving, but she left because she doesn't like that guy. Nobody likes Larry. She said that one time he told her that he was on his fifth life.

The Third Encounter

It was a slow day and I was on register. When we have no customers, we are supposed to stand at the end of our lanes and guide customers to us. Guess who shows up to talk to me. GODDAMN LARRY. He calls me over to a nearby stand with some bags of sugar. "This sugar looks like cocaine," he informs me. I didn't know his name was Larry at the time so I just gave him the nickname Captain Cocaine. I learned his name was Larry when I showed up to work one day and one of my coworkers/friends comes up to me and says "You are so lucky, you missed Talking Larry."
"Larry?"
"You don't know that guy?"
"Oh, do you mean Captain Cocaine?"

The Fourth, and Shortest, Encounter

Larry comes in the store and I am working as the u-scan attendant. I fail to dodge him this time. He tells me "It is as cold as a whale's butt outside." I thank him for the observation and he is on his way. I kept an eye on where he was until I saw him leave, and since I was on u-scan I could have more freedom to stand on the opposite side of the machines to where he was. Larry was up at customer service for at least 20 minutes that day.

Close Encounters

Just today I saw Larry come in, he was up at customer service for a while both before and after he got some groceries. He went into the lane behind mine and I saw him talking to the sacker there, who was awkwardly nodding at everything he was saying.

I heard from other people that Larry's favorite topics are fishing, the government, and wrestling, but he has never talked about these things with me as of yet.

The Final Section, I Promise

I speculate that the only human contact that Larry gets is at my store, but one of my coworkers, Drew, disagrees and shares a creepy story with me.

Drew said that before he knew who Larry was, Larry approached him in a McDonalds and started talking to him about his weird ol stuff, thoroughly creeping out Drew. I assume this is because Larry saw Drew working at the store before ever speaking to him by that point.

So ends the Chronicles of Larry. Sorry this was so long.

The End
#13 Posted: 04:18:25 07/05/2015

This is perfection in it's text form, good work.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#14 Posted: 04:21:27 07/05/2015
More tales of unnamed park

While helping switch cashiers at a stand to send day shift home to replace with night shift, the supervisor from the neighboring stand comes in and says she got a report of someone here refusing service because the guest was black and wants to know what's up. Me and the cashiers look at each other like wtf. Eventually, De'Janique the day shift cashier laughs and says "I am black, what's this that I don't serve my own people?!" Eventually after a minute, the other cashier, Rob, chimes in thinking he might know what this is about.... A guest had come up a few moment ago and started to give his order, while Rob kindly asks the man to wait saying that we are switching cashiers, yet the man had a sour look on his face and walked away. After that we all shook our heads at stupid people and resumed going about our day.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#15 Posted: 04:25:53 07/05/2015
I've got four years of retail experience.

I've got plenty of stories.
#16 Posted: 04:41:52 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: MoonHorizons

This is perfection in it's text form, good work.

haha thank you

these are all great guys, keep em coming

next i will post the bird story, and then probably a secondhand customer story told to me by a coworker about half naked drunk lucky charms man.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#17 Posted: 04:57:42 07/05/2015
>parents allow children to knock over toy display, got told to pick it up.
>parents almost drive off without crying 2 year old, whom got left in the bathroom and almost wandered into the road.
>got called racsit because I didn't give a 12 year old cookies that he didn't pay for
>lady demanded refund because she didn't know she had to put extra stuff on her burgers.
>got yelled at because parents didn't know that a frappe wasn't ****ing ice cream
>got yelled at for not having any toilet paper, manager walked off on the clock to buy some from grocery store.
>entilted 16 y/o white girl demanded a dollar that I couldn't get right at that moment.

working at mcdonalds was fun
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#18 Posted: 12:22:49 07/05/2015
Quote: parisruelz12
working at mcdonalds was fun

That's why I decided years ago that I would never work in a place that handled food.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#19 Posted: 15:04:39 07/05/2015
For work experience, I worked at a local costume shop.

I worked there for two weeks and I was mainly just a stocker due to my age not permitting me to do dealings with money, etc. On the very last day of the work, near the end of the shift, she walked in, a middle-eastern woman with an unintelligable speech pattern.

My supervisor was in the stockroom, putting away previous stock in order to make room for halloween, mind. She was practically trapped in there due to the boxes and desperately needed to tackle this stocking issue.
My co-worker was very busy on the cash register, and I was walking around helping out customers.

This woman, lets call her Sue, walked up to me and demanded an Aladdin costume. The conversation was pretty much:

Quote:
Me: Hello there, welcome to [redacted], can I help?
Sue: Yes, get me an Aladdin costume, mens, large.
Me: Um, I'm not sure if we have those in stock. We're packing away for halloween.
Sue: It's on your website.
Me: Would you like me to check the computer system?
Sue: Yes, do that.

I, keeping a polite front, led her to the computer system where I punched in the search "Aladdin". The only costumes that appeared were childrens ones, and the adult ones were all out of stock.
After one HOUR of me and my co-worker stressing out trying to explain to this woman that there were no costumes in stock, my co-worker was really beginning to lose her cool. The longer we spent trying to explain to this woman, the pissier she got. And 'Sue' got PISSED. She went bright red, and said to Sue "Listen, you're not the most important customer in here, we really need to take care of the others. Please leave because you're becoming unneccessarily angry" in a polite yet agiatated way.

So what did Sue do? She huffed, jutted forward a bit like she was going to slap my co-worker (causing her to flinch back) and left before CALLING THE POLICE. She almost got me, a 15 year old at the time and my 19 year old student co-worker arrested for "disrespectful and racial behaviour".

--

Moving on a bit, I was actually offered a job at a store local to the one I was doing my work experience at due to me being such a good help (go me). This store is much bigger (two floors!!) and was the store we referred Sue to at some point due to a larger range of costumes.

Sue comes in one day, recognises me, and ignores me. I occasionally go and ask her if everything is alright, but she ignores me. Eventually Sue gives in and asks me about the Aladdin costume. The only costumes in stock were out of her husbands size. She didn't argue, and just slammed her hand on the table and stormed out.

TL;DR - A middle-aged, middle-eastern woman got pissed off at my co-worker and called the police because we didn't have any Aladdin costumes in stock for her husband. A week later, she went to the other store branch and almost repeated the same thing.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#20 Posted: 15:16:59 07/05/2015
this website is cool.
---
#21 Posted: 17:40:53 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
big boom, i have seen a lot of people wanna frick aladdin so maybe you totally ruined her weird sex roleplay by not having the costume in stock. you should be ashamed of yourself. i am going to spend the next hour telling you why you are horrible

Quote: parisruelz12

http://clientsfromhell.net/ i'm also a fan of this one
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#22 Posted: 19:05:42 07/05/2015
Quote: Big Green
big boom, i have seen a lot of people wanna frick aladdin so maybe you totally ruined her weird sex roleplay by not having the costume in stock. you should be ashamed of yourself. i am going to spend the next hour telling you why you are horrible

holy damn what have i done
smh at myself
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#23 Posted: 19:51:39 07/05/2015
Sometimes I wish I could get a job and have these amazing tales to share. Or at least tell a story.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#24 Posted: 15:33:16 08/05/2015
My highs and lows of working in retail:

Getting grabbed from behind by a known alcoholic while my manager stares at me like an idiot.
Someone going headfirst into a freezer and having to get them out.
The security guard trying to stop me leaving because i hadn't finished something even though my shift was over
***** please

Being told i'm not working fast enough, even though i'm doing 2 people's work.
Dropping a full crate of bolognese sauce and having someone slip on it when there's clearly a cleaning sign.
Giving my notice and telling my former boss exactly what i thought of him.
---
^ You all know it's true
#25 Posted: 16:38:16 08/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Greeble
Dropping a full crate of bolognese sauce and having someone slip on it when there's clearly a cleaning sign.

this gives a particularly amazing mental picture

ok time for the bird story. (this is not really a customer story but it involves some i guess)

a lot of times, birds fly into my store through the front doors. one time the CHILLEST BIRD EVER did so and was just sitting just inside the main entrance. i was on u-scan that day and i was keeping an eye on it for several minutes to see if it would move and it never did, even if i walked pretty close to it. me and a customer were watching it and she offered to see if we could shoo it out the front door together. this ended up failing spectacularly when the bird just flew deeper into the store instead of out the doors.

a good while later (maybe an hour or two? i don't remember) there is a THUD on the windows above the automatic doors just behind me and the bird is lying unmoving on the ground. we lowly cashiers aren't supposed to act in this situation so i had to call a manager over even though i had no problems with just grabbing it and putting it outside myself. a bunch of people ended up also coming over wondering why i needed to call a manager, so i got to explain how a bird KO'd itself on the window

no idea if the bird ever woke up so i hope it was okay
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#26 Posted: 22:16:18 08/05/2015
Quote: Greeble
My highs and lows of working in retail:

Being told i'm not working fast enough, even though i'm doing 2 people's work.

God I hated that so much. I hated realizing that coworkers that hadn't been there nearly as long as I had been WERE GETTING PAID MORE THAN ME. WTF? Years of experience means less than nothing, apparently. I was so close to quitting before I got fired, I probably should tell people it had been mutual.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
#27 Posted: 16:03:55 16/05/2015 | Topic Creator
bumping this because i had an adventure last night at work

there was this old man who i heard yell "YOU HAVE A LOT OF NERVE YOUNG MAN" or something like that at someone over at the u-scan's before going over to a register. i thought he was yelling at Beau because he was working as the attendant over there but later beau told me that he was yelling at some other customer, i don't remember the details but i think the other customer was just in front of him in the line that was building up and he got really mad about it.

I also had the closing shift that night, the store closes at 11 so that's when we are supposed to be able to go home, but on the schedule it's written as 11:15 in case bozos like Beardy Man from yesterday come in super close to closing. There were still a few groups of customers in the store 5 minutes to closing, so my coworker Houston made an announcement that the store closes in 5 minutes; please check out. Soon this one woman rushed through my lane...and ended up wanting to put some meat back. Which was wooonderful because there were no sackers still there with me and meat needs to be kept cold. I think Houston ended up putting it back for me since I couldn't really leave the register. Still more people came through after taking their sweet time, but at least I was finished with them a few minutes past closing. This was annoying but all was forgiven when we notice Beardy Man taking his ****ing time in aisle 2. He was staring at cookies for like 10 minutes past closing until he finally made his way over to my lane. Houston told me just a few days ago that same guy came in at like 11:15, asked where tinfoil was, and then took 15 minutes picking out tinfoil. Then he took a few minutes after me checking him out looking over his receipt. Houston was waiting at the doors for Beardy Man to leave so he can close the doors behind him (since he was locking them because, you know, the store was closed). He gave up and did some other stuff and asked me to close the doors behind him because after taking a few minutes looking over his receipt, he was standing in the lobby just inside the doors for a few minutes doing who knows what, and then took his time putting the cart away. By the time I got to go home it was 20 minutes past closing. Hooray.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#28 Posted: 16:32:55 16/05/2015
I don't work at a store, but when i picked up my ike amiibo i had to bring in my mom because they were looking at everyone's id to make sure they were they weren't picking up somebody else's freakin' ike

we like ike
#29 Posted: 03:14:01 18/05/2015 | Topic Creator
****ing Larry came through my lane tonight so here is another entry into the Chronicles of Larry...

I worked till 10 tonight, and it was 15 minutes before the end of my shift when I saw Larry browsing around... there was only me and one other cashier still working since it was late, and I was in a busier lane. I accepted death because I knew Larry would end up going through my lane, and lo and behold, I was right. He immediately started talking about tattoos and pointed at a couple long scars on his arm, and how scars are cool and manly men wear scars and how tattoos are less cool and stuff.... Then he talked about wrecking bikes when he was younger and said he is glad he never had a motorcycle because he would be dead, and how he was dead since 2003 or something. I think he started talking about dead people then, he lost me by that point. He also said "I bet you were born in what, the 1990s?" and said he is 54. (he honestly looks noticably older than this...) He kept talking a while even after I gave him his receipt, and then my savior, another customer, came into my lane. Luckily for me, Larry took this as a sign to leave, so he did, after talking to my sacker briefly. With Larry out of earshot I whisper "THANK YOU" to the new customer, and she tells me that Larry has caught her and talked to her in the store before. It seems nobody is safe from Larry, ever, in my store....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:17:18 18/05/2015 by Big Green
#30 Posted: 21:16:29 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
bump, someone hit some line so at

EDIT: phone ate this post so i put what i was going to say in a later post
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:22 07/07/2015 by Big Green
#31 Posted: 21:18:47 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
my dumbass phone chopped off most of that post, incredible
#32 Posted: 22:10:55 06/07/2015
I've got one.

I was working at like around 10 and we begin to do our closing activities, such as wiping off the soda machine, sterilizing the lobby, then this family comes in. Two adults and 3 or 4 kids. All between the ages of about 9 years and 5 months. They destroyed the lobby, food was everywhere I had to clean for another 30 minutes because these parents couldn't control their kids. I wouldn't mind so much if they were quiet and give us a little respect, but nope. The rest of the crew and I had to clean up their mess, which cut into closing.

We got the restaurant closed on time though.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#33 Posted: 22:11:00 06/07/2015
I don't work in retail, but I have a story about some crazy grandma in walmart.

So I was in the return line, and a couple people ahead of me was this one lady with an almost empty gallon of milk. She got to the front of the line, and told the cashier the milk was spoiled. It turns out the milk expired a week ago, and she bought it long before that (but her recipt was still valid). The employee said she couldn't take the return, and the angry grandma asked to see a manager, and the employee called her manager. After the manager explained it to the very angry grandma, she demanded that they take it back, because the recipt was still valid. They had no choice, so they took it back. After she was done, she walked off, looking smug. I think she does this every where, so she gets stuff for free.
---
Dead
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#34 Posted: 22:38:42 06/07/2015
Larry sounds like a cool dude.
#35 Posted: 00:02:17 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
ok i am home now so i will post about the crazy stuff that happened before the crazier stuff that happened today.

anyway any internet provided by at&t was down for about the first half of my shift today so no debit or EBT transactions could be done and checks had to be done differently. i had a rip-snortin' good time telling half the worlds population that they had to run their cards as credit. then i went to break, and when i got back, all of the u-scan machines were down, so they put me on a register and it started getting really busy. took a few people to get the u-scans running again. then the tornado warning comes into effect and the sirens start going off, and we are told to take shelter in the meat freezer. there were a few customers still trying to check out at the u-scans when i was leaving for the freezer....stuck there for about 45 minutes and it was really boring so i complained about it on the internet
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#36 Posted: 03:15:13 07/07/2015
Yesterday I was closing and my Co worker told me that on Saturday night a customer who had come in earlier in the evening called to complain to my boss that the 3 girls working that night were wearing too shorts shorts and that "his sons kept staring" ,and while still on the phone with him my boss started laughing at him.

Last week this customer had a Groupon(you pay online for a lower price and show us the voucher), and it was expired so she wanted to use the money paid for it to go towards her ice cream, but it had the c wrong location and she was yelling at my boss "I want to talk to your manager, let me talk to the owner" , like, you were, lady

Another women was upset a while back because we don't do birthday discounts(however sign up for a buy one get one coupon on your birthday), and she was refusing to pay for it at that price and age was like get the owner out here and my boss was like all proudly I am the owner

Can we have a stickied topic for those who work and we just like post how work went that day and like stuff
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#37 Posted: 21:03:44 06/09/2015 | Topic Creator
bump, today larry went past 2 lanes without customers before going to my lane even though i was checking out a customer. at least he didnt talk about death as much as usual, just how he wants to be dead by age 85
#38 Posted: 21:09:04 06/09/2015
I want to meet Larry
#39 Posted: 21:57:08 06/09/2015
this the topic i felt that needed to be bumped.

everyone needs to hear the story of larry
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:57:44 06/09/2015 by MoonHorizons
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#40 Posted: 23:57:06 06/09/2015
Larry needs a movie
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#41 Posted: 00:09:26 07/09/2015
Da ****
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#42 Posted: 01:07:15 07/09/2015
I love these kind of topics. Alas i have no stories, so sorry.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#43 Posted: 02:31:25 07/09/2015
One time my mom said i could look at the games section while she looks at clothes and other stuff.I was looking until some crazy cashier YELLED "KID Where are your parents??Go to them your too little.I am 12 and i dont take **** from strangers or that crap.And the clothes isle is RIGHT NEXT TO THE GAMES SECTION!!!!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#44 Posted: 02:32:03 07/09/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
One time my mom said i could look at the games section while she looks at clothes and other stuff.I was looking until some crazy cashier YELLED "KID Where are your parents??Go to them your too little.I am 12 and i dont take **** from strangers or that crap.And the clothes isle is RIGHT NEXT TO THE GAMES SECTION!!!!

that must've been some weird store because whenever i'm lost at walmart no one ever asks me where my mom is :^(
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#45 Posted: 02:32:21 07/09/2015

your such a badass
#46 Posted: 02:33:08 07/09/2015

an exciting and riveting tale of an underpaid employee showing concern for a child whom he thinks is lost
---
#47 Posted: 02:38:59 07/09/2015
Larry deserves a biopic
#48 Posted: 02:52:40 07/09/2015
I had a guy follow me around Wal-Mart once. He was pretending to talk on his phone and all I had was a cart and my (at the time) 2 year old sister.

This was at Christmas time BTW.
---
#49 Posted: 19:27:35 14/09/2015 | Topic Creator
oh yeah a few days ago larry came through my lane AGAIN...but the bizarre thing is nothing really interesting happened. he bought ice cream and started talking about how great it is. innocent enough. then he asked me about school and thought i was still going to high school. i just straight up told him where i'm going to school because he never retains this information anyway, i could tell him something totally different each time and he'd never notice. should i tell him i'm going to harvard?
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#50 Posted: 19:30:48 14/09/2015
Quote: Big Green
oh yeah a few days ago larry came through my lane AGAIN...but the bizarre thing is nothing really interesting happened. he bought ice cream and started talking about how great it is. innocent enough. then he asked me about school and thought i was still going to high school. i just straight up told him where i'm going to school because he never retains this information anyway, i could tell him something totally different each time and he'd never notice. should i tell him i'm going to harvard?

Tell him you go to The John Cena and Cory Baxter Academy.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me