Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Major glitch: Disappearing buildings after visiting friend's kingdoms
Page 1 of 1
Major glitch: Disappearing buildings after visiting friend's kingdoms [STICKY]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 16:47:50 24/04/2015 | Topic Creator
A user recently messaged me that this glitch was occurring. Apparently, if you visit a friend's kingdom, some of your buildings can vanish completely (mainly sanctuaries). Aura is safe to visit, though.

Just be careful and don't visit any of your friend's kingdoms.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#2 Posted: 23:42:29 24/04/2015
I know I saw one person unfortunately post this occurence in Facebook that they lost their fire sanctuary and then the upgrade was not available and that Activision said they can only suggest restarting. Do we have multiple sources on this though? Most folks I know visit friends every day without a problem. Until a few weeks ago I used to, I just do not see the point anymore.

Was not facebook, my memory was faulty, it was Choccobo, from a dark spyro post earlier I was referring to.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:54 25/04/2015 by lamoracke
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 01:01:40 25/04/2015
These are the final images of my post apocalyptic Island . It was once a lush and fertile kingdom but the Portal Masters dug for Kudo,s too greedily and too deep. Heed the message of a Fhoenix shrouded in darkness of tears and sorrow .

Friendship is not magic .

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I joined Dark Spyro forum seeking help . Then i made a second game and chose to have no friends . I still get Kudos from Aura . Its minimum wages but Avril and Batterson can help you buy a Sheep top once every 2 days
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 00:00:09 01/05/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Choccobo Green Sparx Gems: 242
#4 Posted: 11:23:42 25/04/2015
Yes, it "almost" happened again yesterday. I started it up and when it got past the normal load screen it went right into the move screen and was auto scrolling to the left. I cancelled out of it right away and didn't see anything missing, but who knows what wouldv've happened had I let it go.

What happened to Dark Fhoenix would be devastating. My sanctuary gone pales compared to that.
I'm still on the fence on restarting, but if something else was to go poof, then yeah. Here comes Skylander island mk II.

I did get an email survey from Activision about my call that I stated my problem wasn't truly fixed even though they threw gems at me. I doubt I'll hear anything more on it.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#5 Posted: 11:56:44 25/04/2015
I think that maybe if this starts getting more widespread it's better for someone to start taking notes and walkthrough screenshots of the game. The first time around you just forget quests and things to look foward to doing, but not only there are some good info for the Skylanders Wiki that people overlook, it'd be a good guide to help people rebuild.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#6 Posted: 12:54:58 25/04/2015
Quote:
What happened to Dark Fhoenix would be devastating. My sanctuary gone pales compared to that.
I'm still on the fence on restarting, but if something else was to go poof, then yeah. Here comes Skylander island mk II.

Gee why so serious . Its just a silly free game used to promote the real game of Skylanders on 3DS and console . Ummm Portal Master Chocobo ? Your addiction cold turkey and splash in the face feelings of all that time gone to waste is making it hard for you to let go of your obvious corrupted game. The sooner you create Lost Island MK II the better you will feel . Nobody should have to play without even one sanctuary missing . Do you really want to waste more time waiting for another "Go Poof " before you restart .

If I may recommend you give Lost Islands a break and play another kingdom game for a bit before you restart on a new island . It helped me alot . Yes it was very very devastating but its in the past , I am now Max level and reclaimed all my Alter egos and Production buildings I lost . : )
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:59:48 25/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Jinxieman Blue Sparx Gems: 579
#7 Posted: 18:46:58 25/04/2015
Gems would be fine if they made the sanctuaries available to purchase in case this happens to people. The biggest problem, at this point, is that if a sanctuary disappears there is no way to get it back without resorting your game.
Choccobo Green Sparx Gems: 242
#8 Posted: 02:18:59 26/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:

Gee why so serious . Its just a silly free game used to promote the real game of Skylanders on 3DS and console . Ummm Portal Master Chocobo ? Your addiction cold turkey and splash in the face feelings of all that time gone to waste is making it hard for you to let go of your obvious corrupted game. The sooner you create Lost Island MK II the better you will feel . Nobody should have to play without even one sanctuary missing . Do you really want to waste more time waiting for another "Go Poof " before you restart .

If I may recommend you give Lost Islands a break and play another kingdom game for a bit before you restart on a new island . It helped me alot . Yes it was very very devastating but its in the past , I am now Max level and reclaimed all my Alter egos and Production buildings I lost . : )

Thanks for your input Dark Fhoenix. I'll be starting over then soon enough.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#9 Posted: 23:27:22 27/04/2015
You know what? I don't care that I might lose my island again. I'd rather go back to the start then lost everything on my islands.

@dark fhoenix: Who's the Skylander in the second picture?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 23:45:28 27/04/2015
Quote: StormDragon21
You know what? I don't care that I might lose my island again. I'd rather go back to the start then lost everything on my islands.

@dark fhoenix: Who's the Skylander in the second picture?

That's just Ramses. Not a skylander.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#11 Posted: 22:27:46 30/04/2015
Oh my, i visit them everyday and nothing ever happened to me.
I gotta stop, don't wanna take chances. ;-;

now i will get admiral thumpback in 333 days. DX
#12 Posted: 23:50:52 30/04/2015
Quote:
Oh my, i visit them everyday and nothing ever happened to me.
I gotta stop, don't wanna take chances.

EEEEEEEEEEEEP it is infected !!! Unclean UNCLEAN !!!! Kill it with fire !!!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:54:21 30/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#13 Posted: 15:48:57 14/05/2015
There have been warnings for a loooong time not to visit other people's kingdoms. I didn't visit many kingdoms as it wasn't worth the effort, being that it's so slow to load each kingdom. After a lot of people lost their islands from visiting, I didn't bother at all. That was probably back when they introduced Kudos, as that gave people a reason to visit kingdoms more, but it may have been sometime after that. It really has been a long time ago.

Friends are still good, though, for gifts (as long as they continue to send them...I'll admit I tend to forget).
NightLoop Green Sparx Gems: 474
#14 Posted: 09:20:56 24/09/2015
Oh man, I wished I had seen this post before yesterday evening smilie
I finally had some free time to visit my friends' kingdoms, look how far they are and collect prestige and when I return my islands were close to empty. Worst of all: all but 1 sanctuary and the calling spot are gone - I cannot call skylanders anymore and my main money sources have vanished - does anybody know how to get these back? I would hate to lose over 6 months of daily play ...
#15 Posted: 22:49:31 24/09/2015
I am sorry for your loss friend . Give lost islands a break and play some other kingdom game . When you are ready restart later .
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me