Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
skylanders at sams club [CLOSED]
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#1 Posted: 21:16:02 22/04/2015 | Topic Creator
forgive me if this has been talked about but.....

i went with my family yesterday to sam's club. Not being there in years we kind of did a tour of the store ( my dad needed to get a new battery for the motorhome). eventually we found some video game stuff and there was skylanders disney infinity and amiibo. Nothing that special, mostly wave 4 stuff ( short cut, thunderbolt, tuff luck, echo and all the others) But what surprised me was the price. $10 for a trap master, $4.76 for a core, $9.99 for a pack of mini's. I mean these where wave 4 figures, being sold everywhere for twice the price. There selection was minimal but the price just cant be beat. To bad i got them all already but might keep it in mind later down the road.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#2 Posted: 21:47:17 22/04/2015
Yeah I go there to get charcters sometimes but they mostly contain wave 1 stuff at mine.But I don't think sams clubs sold amiibo I may need .to check that out
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 01:19:21 23/04/2015
I think Sams Club is one of the more unappreciated stores for finding Skylanders. Costco/ BJ's Wholesale also had some at one point in Giants/SSA era, and they had a bunch of Wave 1/2 stuff for pretty cheap. If you wait, you'll often score some really good deals at the food surplus places lmao
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#4 Posted: 06:14:23 23/04/2015
I haven't been a member for several months, but the selection of Skylanders at my local SAMs Club was absolute garbage during my Giants and Swap Force hunting and the prices were not competitive at all...I'd always stop by the Skylanders section with very low expectations and leaving underwhelmed. If Trapmasters are indeed $10 now, then I'll admit they've improved quite a bit. I noticed my store always had quite a few damaged packages of Skylanders which they were selling at quite a pitiful discount.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#5 Posted: 08:16:25 23/04/2015 | Topic Creator
i think the damaged packaging may be the glue failing, i go into TRU and see like all of the triple packs and expansion packs tapped together. Unless your talking about actual damage like crushed or something.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#6 Posted: 14:26:47 23/04/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
i think the damaged packaging may be the glue failing, i go into TRU and see like all of the triple packs and expansion packs tapped together. Unless your talking about actual damage like crushed or something.

Damaged as in roughed up by kids...sometimes a figure missing out of a triple pack. Not the simple tape job due to glue failing. By the way, Activision is only losing money going with cheap packaging/glue on it's products. Retailers are damaging out a lot of product and it winds up on Amazon Warehouse deals...basically new and unused figures of Spy Rise, Doom Stone, and Rubble Rouser have popped up recently for like $2-3...I picked up a Legendary Nightmare Express pack for like $12 a few weeks back and it arrived brand new with just some roughed up cardboard backing. If retailers have to damage out a lot of product like that, they won't order as much or demand a discount from Activision for poor quality control...can't cheap out on glue like that!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 14:42:18 23/04/2015
I haven't checked Sams Club in a while, either. That's where I ended up finding Ninjini when she first came out and was super hard to find. It doesn't get shopped much, plus they kept cases under the shelves. I went in and found a few cases and pulled out a couple of Ninjinis. I was thinking they might have been a bit cheaper than elsewhere, but not super cheap. I'm not even sure it was even a $1 difference. I might have to re-check them, though.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me