Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Head's Up: Giants Starter Figure Promo Pack
Page 1 of 1
Head's Up: Giants Starter Figure Promo Pack [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 05:39:31 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
So, a couple of weeks ago, it was mentioned that GameStop had a promo where if you spent enough on Skylanders, you got a free three-pack.

I've tracked one of these down - and for some fellow collectors, you *might* be interested in it.

Included in the pack is Tree Rex, Cynder, and Jet-Vac. Nothing special there.
Also included are the cards, stickers/webcodes, the poster from Giants, and a little instructional insert/warranty card.

The interesting thing here is that the Warranty Card. It's dated 2013 (which, of course, Giants was released in 2012) - and for the characters included, it lists which games they're compatible with, showing the logos for Spyro's Adventure, Giants... and SWAP Force.

This is similar to the promo-packed Punch Pop Fizz that GameStop had, which came with a similar card, but also featured the SWAP Force logo.

Now, do we all need yet another Tree Rex? Probably not. But, it's a neat little set and you might be able to find one on the cheap. I did. :D
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#2 Posted: 07:50:37 21/04/2015
i got that promo pack when i started my collection a few months ago, it was a great deal, buy swapforce starter kit for 30 bucks and get the giants starter figures for free. I wanted both and all i had to do was buy the game for giants, super cheap pre owned. saved me a ton of money i guess.
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#3 Posted: 13:44:52 21/04/2015
Both best buy and GameStop were doing this where if you spent more than $20 you'd get this for free at GameStop and at best buy if you bought any amount of skylanders they were just handing them out.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4 Posted: 01:12:58 22/04/2015
Were they in a preowned baggie like they do for figures at Gamestop, or was it an entire sealed plastic packaging?
---
words. letters. filler.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 02:20:11 22/04/2015 | Topic Creator
No, it was a sealed (via a sticky flap) plastic baggie like the Volcanic Eruptor and Punch Pop Fizz figures were distributed in.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me