Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Disney Infinity 3.0 Topic: Rest In Peace, Disney Infinity (2013-2016)
First | Previous | Page 20 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
The Disney Infinity 3.0 Topic: Rest In Peace, Disney Infinity (2013-2016)
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#951 Posted: 18:00:47 13/04/2016
so i'm just going to ask.
Have they yet applied an ability to create levels and put the figures you bought (not those sidekick things) as characters players can interact or battle in levels?
Other then the Star Wars figures I know you can do it with Darth Vader last I played.
But it's probably the one feature i'd want most. I want to create levels for DI but I want to use the characters I purchase as to create allies or enemies for the players playing my levels.
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#952 Posted: 20:29:56 13/04/2016
Quote: Street50
Have they yet applied an ability to create levels and put the figures you bought (not those sidekick things) as characters players can interact or battle in levels?
Other then the Star Wars figures I know you can do it with Darth Vader last I played.
But it's probably the one feature i'd want most. I want to create levels for DI but I want to use the characters I purchase as to create allies or enemies for the players playing my levels.

No, I don't think they did. Vader is available in the boss spawner, however.
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
#953 Posted: 22:43:37 13/04/2016
Quote: DrobotMewTwo
Quote: Street50

No, I don't think they did. Vader is available in the boss spawner, however.

thanks, yeah i know he was but i wish they'd do that with all characters you buy.. I also think it'd be a very smart move for them just because it would encourage players like me to buy characters that I otherwise would have no interest in buying.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#954 Posted: 23:54:42 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Time Alice and mad hatter will release may 24th according to a recent leak
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#955 Posted: 08:04:17 16/04/2016
Isn't that date almost when the movie gets released? It's released in a holiday in May the movie
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#956 Posted: 17:17:16 16/04/2016
After getting card binder sleeves for non trading card use, I found out a great storage solution for my power discs other than the album. Because I hate how it only goes up to Series 1 and that it's a pain to take the discs out of it. At least I spent $3 on it at Walmart.

[User Posted Image]

Anyone else?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#957 Posted: 15:28:12 18/04/2016
I haven't checked DI news since Next aired (Baloo's reveal), has anything been confirmed or leaked since then?
---
You can't handle MEMES
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#958 Posted: 23:30:21 18/04/2016
I believe the date for Alice, Mad Hatter, and Time now have a set release date. Other than that, and the stuff about Dory, nothing's really happened.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#959 Posted: 16:19:48 22/04/2016
Nemo leaked.

http://infinityinquirer.com/20...ividual-figure/
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#960 Posted: 19:08:30 22/04/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

Hhaha Yes!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#961 Posted: 20:16:50 22/04/2016

Well yeah, there had to be at least two figures for one play set.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#962 Posted: 18:12:12 27/04/2016
update: nothing has been revealed in five days
---
You can't handle MEMES
#963 Posted: 11:16:24 06/05/2016 | Topic Creator
https://www.amazon.com.mx/Disn...disney+infinity Nemo found and looks like he comes with some power disk
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:17:59 06/05/2016 by Skylanders fan
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#964 Posted: 12:45:14 06/05/2016
They seriously added discs from the first game...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#965 Posted: 13:55:43 06/05/2016
THANK YOU BASED MEXICO

[User Posted Image]
#966 Posted: 14:00:04 06/05/2016
THANK YOU BASED MEXICO

[User Posted Image]

ADORABLENESS INTENSIFIES!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#967 Posted: 15:12:13 06/05/2016
Wonder how there gonna hold the wand or ray gun o3o
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#968 Posted: 19:40:14 06/05/2016
I can't believe they have fish and yet still won't put quadrupeds in the game
---
Boop me if you see this.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#969 Posted: 20:48:32 10/05/2016
https://twitter.com/benfritz/status/730133417506045952

Disney Infinity just died. Disney Interactive is shutting down and is no longer making games. Nobody knows what will come of the unreleased figures... This is a sad day for Toys to Life. I never played Infinity, in fact I had virtually no interest in it, but I could tell it made a lot of people happy and it was a magical experience. I wonder what this means for the rest of the genre.

https://twitter.com/infinityin...137619280109568
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:42 10/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#970 Posted: 21:28:22 10/05/2016
Oh man. Poor DI fans smilie
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4873
#971 Posted: 21:31:03 10/05/2016
Noooo!!!
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#972 Posted: 21:36:59 10/05/2016
I'm kinda sad and bummed out about this. smilie On one hand, it's good they stopped because yearly releases would burn out a franchise very fast like FIFA, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed as mediocre entities that rain over everything and should serve as a warning to Activision if they keep milking Skylanders for too long. On the other hand, I was kinda hoping future line-up of toys from other Dinsey-based material like The Muppets, Once Upon A Time and Kingdom Hearts (a collaboration between Disney and Square).

Just imagine toys of Miss Piggy, Beeker, Rumpelstiltskin, Regina Mills, Sora, Aqua, Ansem (Seeker of Darkness voiced by Billy Zane), FF characters in KH and even Jyn Erso from Star Wars: Rogue One.

R.I.P. Disney Infinity. Respect.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#973 Posted: 21:42:54 10/05/2016
Wow. I wasn't even into this and I'm pretty sad. It was a shame. They had so much more they could do with characters.

R.I.P. Disney Infinity. You were a worthy foe to other TTL series, but ended too early.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#974 Posted: 21:50:48 10/05/2016
WELL THAT WAS VERY UNEXPECTED
#975 Posted: 21:53:03 10/05/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

I know, right? The series was doing quite well, and announcing all of these new things, and then outta nowhere it just dies.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#976 Posted: 21:56:02 10/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

I know, right? The series was doing quite well, and announcing all of these new things, and then outta nowhere it just dies.

With the lack of news from other TTL games, I'm actually starting to get a little worried about amiibo, Skylanders, and Lego Dimensions.
I hope this isn't something the whole industry will do...
#977 Posted: 21:57:44 10/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

With the lack of news from other TTL games, I'm actually starting to get a little worried about amiibo, Skylanders, and Lego Dimensions.
I hope this isn't something the whole industry will do...

If it is, I'll die a bit inside.

That means we would never get a Waluigi amiibo...
---
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#978 Posted: 22:00:13 10/05/2016
ahem

Damn, disappointed that this happened especially with the closure of Avalanche Software, the studio that is making it, though its a smart business decision by Disney when you think about it. I'd say the developers will mop up any loose ends and then Disney will release any figures still to be released. Still, even though I owned none of them the reviews weren't that bad and the games had potential, just poor timing on Disney's part to cash in on the franchise to be honest. In fact I didn't even expect this announcement at this time in the year. Hell, I even thought sales were quite good at least for the franchise in general. The fact that Disney Interactive is also closing down surprises me as well as it just seems a bit strange that they would abandon a potentially profitable industry. Granted, their games haven't been the best and their target audiences probably aren't really too interested in their games due to their age and other underlying factors.

In my opinion, this is probably the beginning of the end for Toys to Life. The markets just become oversaturated with them at this point and its evident that sales, whilst still decent, are going down from the looks of things due to said oversaturation. Disney leaving the TTL scene will probably give the other 3 franchises a small boost, though it won't be much. Its just like Guitar Hero, though I predict the collapse will be slower this time and I don't really see TTL making a major comeback like Activision and Harmonix attempted with Rockband 4 and Guitar Hero Live. Also ironic how Activisions product is leading to the collapse of a market 2 times, once with Guitar Hero-esque games, second with TTL games.

Amiibo probably won't be affected too much as I think Nintendo might reduce the amount made at least or just save the franchise for big games like Zelda U/NX since they can just make them for whatever game they want and don't really need to worry about keeping a consistent userbase for the amiibo because of this along with the fact they make several other games for their systems which also sell quite well in most cases. Lego Dimensions, whilst its still relatively new doesn't seem to be setting the current TTL scene alight in terms of sales so I think it will probably last for another year(or if something magical happens 2)before support is winded down, though LEGO won't be affected along with Travellers Tales(makers of the Lego games) much.

I can definitely see Skylanders ending at Sky 7 if sales continue to decline, since the competition from other franchises has definitely hurt it along with the gradual declination of interest in it from consumers due to fatigue from buying their kids 94 Gill Grunts and interest in other franchises such as Lego Dimensions. Since Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob along with Beenox are controlled by Activision, I see a risk in them closing due to Activision being fed up with the lack of sales of the franchise, or at least VV and TFB, Beenox will probably still be kept around for Spider-Man games and the occasional other effort. Though then again, I suspect Activision may just move some of the workers from VV and TFB to their more profitable studios like Infinity Ward, though given the type of games only a few will probably be moved to the other Activision studios and the rest will lose their jobs most likely.

Sorry for my kind of half-assed analysis on TTL, I have too much time on my hands right now and need to waste it somehow as I'm really bored smilie
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:07 10/05/2016 by gillgrunt987
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#979 Posted: 22:08:48 10/05/2016
Oh jeez, this came out of nowhere.

From what I've gathered, the only figures coming out now are the Alice, Mad Hatter, Time, Nemo, and Dory figures + the playset. Nothing more. Judging from this, we can assume Peter Pan and Mabel Pines/Darkwing Duck have been cancelled. Get the existing figures while you can because it's probably going to be a mad dash to get the more popular characters now that it's ceased production.

My theory is that the blame is to be put on ESPN, the bleeding wound in Disney's catalog of acquired properties, alongside the hugely over-budget Shanghai Disneyland. In order to keep running as they are, they've been cutting corners wherever possible. Unfortunately, it seems the gaming division just wasn't doing well enough to bother continuing production. Possibly due to the TTL industry becoming too saturated. None of this is fact of course, so don't take it as such. That's just what I think is happening.

I guess that's the end of hope for Figment getting a figure. Let's just hope they give his ride another major remodel, it's needed it pretty badly for about 15 years now.

Well, it's been fun, Infinity. I never really bought into you after the first game, but it was interesting keeping up with news and all that. Now it's time to go and buy a Spider-Man figure, I guess.

R.I.P. Disney Infinity
2013-2016
Wait they never put in Goofy did they
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:19:46 10/05/2016 by LunarDistortion
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#980 Posted: 22:18:04 10/05/2016
Wow, that came out of nowhere. That's really sad. And I didn't even played the games for now. Well, I don't think that Disney Interactive will be closed forever, just for now. I can't say the same of Infinity. Looks like the Toys-to-Life market is not in his best days. Amiibo is still in a very good state. But the rest seems to need a really good idea to continue to survive.

Good luck for Skylanders. They gonna need it.

RIP in Pasta Disney Infinity (2013-2016)
You own me so many figures.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:02 10/05/2016 by Crash10
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#981 Posted: 22:23:47 10/05/2016
Quote: gillgrunt987
ahem

Damn, disappointed that this happened especially with the closure of Avalanche Software, the studio that is making it, though its a smart business decision by Disney when you think about it. I'd say the developers will mop up any loose ends and then Disney will release any figures still to be released. Still, even though I owned none of them the reviews weren't that bad and the games had potential, just poor timing on Disney's part to cash in on the franchise to be honest. In fact I didn't even expect this announcement at this time in the year. Hell, I even thought sales were quite good at least for the franchise in general. The fact that Disney Interactive is also closing down surprises me as well as it just seems a bit strange that they would abandon a potentially profitable industry. Granted, their games haven't been the best and their target audiences probably aren't really too interested in their games due to their age and other underlying factors.

In my opinion, this is probably the beginning of the end for Toys to Life. The markets just become oversaturated with them at this point and its evident that sales, whilst still decent, are going down from the looks of things due to said oversaturation. Disney leaving the TTL scene will probably give the other 3 franchises a small boost, though it won't be much. Its just like Guitar Hero, though I predict the collapse will be slower this time and I don't really see TTL making a major comeback like Activision and Harmonix attempted with Rockband 4 and Guitar Hero Live. Also ironic how Activisions product is leading to the collapse of a market 2 times, once with Guitar Hero-esque games, second with TTL games.

Amiibo probably won't be affected too much as I think Nintendo might reduce the amount made at least or just save the franchise for big games like Zelda U/NX since they can just make them for whatever game they want and don't really need to worry about keeping a consistent userbase for the amiibo because of this along with the fact they make several other games for their systems which also sell quite well in most cases. Lego Dimensions, whilst its still relatively new doesn't seem to be setting the current TTL scene alight in terms of sales so I think it will probably last for another year(or if something magical happens 2)before support is winded down, though LEGO won't be affected along with Travellers Tales(makers of the Lego games) much.

I can definitely see Skylanders ending at Sky 7 if sales continue to decline, since the competition from other franchises has definitely hurt it along with the gradual declination of interest in it from consumers due to fatigue from buying their kids 94 Gill Grunts and interest in other franchises such as Lego Dimensions. Since Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob along with Beenox are controlled by Activision, I see a risk in them closing due to Activision being fed up with the lack of sales of the franchise, or at least VV and TFB, Beenox will probably still be kept around for Spider-Man games and the occasional other effort. Though then again, I suspect Activision may just move some of the workers from VV and TFB to their more profitable studios like Infinity Ward, though given the type of games only a few will probably be moved to the other Activision studios and the rest will lose their jobs most likely.

Sorry for my kind of half-assed analysis on TTL, I have too much time on my hands right now and need to waste it somehow as I'm really bored smilie

Great analysis, Gillgrunt. I suspected the Toys-To-Life genre had a finite lifespan, and we're starting to see the first signs of collapse. I still think Amiibo's will last, but they're nowhere near as popular/talked about as they were a year or two ago.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#982 Posted: 23:05:59 10/05/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I already gave my thoughts in Random Thoughts.

Quote:
I hate the Infinity games (they're the only games I actually decided to sell off in years) but this still makes me a little sad. I remember going on DIF when it started up and how many cool customs came out of the community and how much developer interaction there was. The plans for DLC sounded quite cool too. Shame.

Though there's one other thing I forgot to mention. Didn't Disney really cut down on their video game development right before Infinity, and this series was meant to be like a last shot at making games for them? If I'm remembering that right, it's not as shocking, but this is still a really weird way to announce it and again, it sucks they're just dropping the planned DLC.

The thing that makes me the most sad about this is that now the Infinity community will be dead. I went on Infinity Fans right after hearing this news and it was sad seeing that people hadn't posted in half of the sections there for days. It was incredibly active when I used to hang around. I still remember being a Lotso there.

I was just on DIF for the first time in like a year and it was so sad seeing my fist forum so dead smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#983 Posted: 23:14:10 10/05/2016
This came so suddenly..

Good bye, dark's Infinity-Guru forum...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:34 10/05/2016 by Aura24
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#984 Posted: 23:37:54 10/05/2016
Well damn. I mean, I had a list of issues with the game that I could spend all day complaining about, but i had hopes they'd spin it around and try to make right. Will go out and try to grab a Black Suit Spidey and maybe a Jack Skellington before the disappear from stores for good.

If Disney Interactive itself is pulling the plug, I wonder what this means for Kingdom Hearts?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#985 Posted: 23:44:50 10/05/2016
Quote: Wreckingball13
I already gave my thoughts in Random Thoughts.

Though there's one other thing I forgot to mention. Didn't Disney really cut down on their video game development right before Infinity, and this series was meant to be like a last shot at making games for them? If I'm remembering that right, it's not as shocking, but this is still a really weird way to announce it and again, it sucks they're just dropping the planned DLC.

The thing that makes me the most sad about this is that now the Infinity community will be dead. I went on Infinity Fans right after hearing this news and it was sad seeing that people hadn't posted in half of the sections there for days. It was incredibly active when I used to hang around. I still remember being a Lotso there.

I was just on DIF for the first time in like a year and it was so sad seeing my fist forum so dead smilie

Did you have the same username? If so, I don't think I remember seeing you there.

It's ironic. I started to get upset with the direction the forum was heading because I felt it was getting too big and there was less connection between users because of that. I still hold that the early days of that forum were the best and it did go downhill.

IIRC my username was Chewbacca
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#986 Posted: 00:00:02 11/05/2016
Quote: Seiki
Well damn. I mean, I had a list of issues with the game that I could spend all day complaining about, but i had hopes they'd spin it around and try to make right. Will go out and try to grab a Black Suit Spidey and maybe a Jack Skellington before the disappear from stores for good.

If Disney Interactive itself is pulling the plug, I wonder what this means for Kingdom Hearts?

It looks like Disney still will license his IP's for other companies. So no problem for games like Kingdom Hearts or Star Wars Battlefront.
---
Bruh
#987 Posted: 00:26:16 11/05/2016
Welp, at least all the figs will go on sale. Still sad, though.
---
#988 Posted: 00:31:36 11/05/2016
wow while I had pages of complaints about DI, ouch it really was a great idea that just needed to be improved.
Will the servers remain open? I'll probably collect the figures I want very soon and finish off my collection of characters I want.
#989 Posted: 01:00:14 11/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I am shocked it will be missed
---
#990 Posted: 02:07:18 11/05/2016

This was sooooo not fair I was hoping for a zootopia playset so sad that the game shut down
And the Alice wonderland playset
even for an adult I love this game so much!

Does this mean no more network level sharing anymore
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:36 11/05/2016 by sky-dragon
#991 Posted: 02:21:20 11/05/2016
Wow, this is hugely unexpected and such a sad thing to see. I'm so sad to see DI end. Just when DI got great too.

At least I'm getting my Finding Nemo Figures. Maybe I'll get The Alice characters too.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#992 Posted: 02:21:36 11/05/2016
This is crazy. How is Star Wars not enough to keep the series going for another year? I thought for sure it had this year in the bag. Next year was when I expected them to hit trouble, now that they used up their two biggest brands. But then again maybe that's what the execs are expecting too, so they're pulling the plug early.

Also I wonder what'll happen to the online servers? Will they be kept up so we can still play other people's content? If not, that will kill off a lot of Disney Infinity's future replayability.

I think I was Nibelilt. I don't really remember any of our conversations but definintely remember seeing your name around.

I have an account there too. Same user name. Never posted much, was always more of a lurker, but I loved that they had a community with so many creative level designers. It's sad that that'll be gone.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#993 Posted: 02:38:50 11/05/2016
If they cut online for DI, that'll kill my interest in this game quite a bit. I'll of course still play it, but I won't enjoy it nearly as much.
---
#994 Posted: 02:39:13 11/05/2016
Better get remaining figures when there in sale

Mybe I'll get tron Finn black spider man time and Alice playset

Now that the series over I only have Fnaf and destiny left smilie as fan
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:15 11/05/2016 by sky-dragon
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#995 Posted: 04:52:00 11/05/2016
Might end up getting Disney IPs in Lego dimensions after all.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#996 Posted: 11:57:48 11/05/2016
RIP all the characters who didn't get in the game. Anyone from Gravity Falls, Goofy and worse of all poor Darkwing Duck who was robbed of all three chances of getting in and now he will never get the recognition he deserved. Sigh not gonna lie this is being a very sad day for Disney.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 20 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me