Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Which villains do you summon with Mags? [CLOSED]
Scooby1 Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#1 Posted: 06:46:39 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I bought Mags quite recently in the Easter Sale, but I've not used her to summon a villain yet. I'm at level 42, with no need for extra gold. I have plenty of energy & traps of each element. I have a pretty good gem income, but I am probably looking to generate more, or add a bit of 'fun' to my game.

I was thinking I would summon Luminous (have over 30 Light traps), and in time Pain Yatta but since I've had Magic Traps he's the only villain who's never appeared for me so until he does I can't summon him.

I am curious as to how other players use Mags in their games?
---
Activate ID: slogsdail
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 09:48:12 18/04/2015
Well i summon Pain Yatta the most often so i basically have a very overworked Blastermind crafting traps 24/7

I summon Luminous if i have adventure quests .

I summon Wolfgang when there are new skylanders to spin for

I summon Gulper when its time to toss wishstones for the new Alter Ego .

Once in a blue moon when my energy is zero , i summon veggie mon to plant radiant crops for gold .

The other villains need to visit my island before i trap them
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#3 Posted: 12:16:11 18/04/2015
Pain Yatta once a week (right after I find out what the weekly quest is). Luminous if I have a "go on 150 adventures" type mission to complete.

The only other one I'd be likely to consider is Sheep Creep when I do my weekly clearance of invaders.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 12:29:55 18/04/2015
Since Cape Girl already increases the chance a mob will drop a gem, does Pain Yatta simply seal THAT deal, or can two gems result?
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#5 Posted: 14:23:43 18/04/2015
Pain Yatta guarantees that every invader cleared (sheep, trolls, chompies, traptanium) will produce a chest. Could be silver or gold. Then with Whiteclaw you're guaranteed a gem from each of those chests.

Cape Girl is separate, just gives a chance of a gem on clear. Which is in addition to the random gem you can get from clearing anything. So I have occasionally got 2 gems from a clear, plus a chest.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 16:03:32 18/04/2015
If it's a good two days you can check often, you can probably combine Krankcase,Golden Queen and Brocolli Guy for maximum cash. Too bad the latter hasn't shown up in my island for over a month and I didn't have Bushwack when he did.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 17:35:43 18/04/2015
Dreamcatcher is great to level Skylanders, particularly if you have several you are leveling at once. Run a longer overnight mission, trap Dreamcatcher before you collect to double it, then run one hour missions until time runs out. Hopefully you have the clock come up in that time to double a big mission as well. Luminous works well in conjunction as you will likely be collecting many times in that time period.

Painyatta would be good, with some preparation. Let trolls and sheep spawn and don't clear them until you have a ton - then trap him and go to town.

Brocolli Guy is good if you have lots of gold and not much energy. Buy him right after collection, then run radiant of the highest you can afford over and over for the short time you have him.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#8 Posted: 05:08:45 19/04/2015
I pretty much only do two of them....Gulper when there is a new alter ego in the well and Dr Krankcase to lower my sanctuary costs by half.
#9 Posted: 09:52:35 19/04/2015
Before i had Mags , Dr Krank was my favorite villain .
---
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#10 Posted: 12:23:19 19/04/2015
I don't worry about gulper at all I have way too many wishstones as it is. I do the following.

Broccoli guy on Dark day with the dark shrines and a lot of radiant fields and a ton of gold. This gets you a TON of energy so fast its not even funny. I am up to about 80m even with me constantly sending all shrines on bonus missions of 3 in them.

Let a ton of invaders come in and do a Pain-Yatta, Sheep Creep, And Chomp Chest combo (Chomp chest I worry about the least but the first two together rock. The Sheep Creep very often gives me gems on multitapping.

Wolfgang if I have saved up a ton of gold for a ton of Skylanders to be bought at once. So far did it two times and bought about 40 Skylanders now at 179/199 so will save up a good 40m-60m more and do it one last time.

Luminous on any day I am doing a ton of adventuring.

All the others I just keep about 15 stockpiled and I capture as they appear only. I seem to always be out of the Magic and Light ones even though I use them to do most of the trap gem capturing.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#11 Posted: 19:58:14 19/04/2015
As of this posting I have 700M gold and 50M energy...I have very little need for krankase or golden queen as I no longer use the sanctums unless there is a quest for them. If Broccoli guy shows up, I grab him just to "burn" gold and pile up energy, but I would never summon him.

ShEEP Creep and Chompchest just make playing more complicated

The only villains we've summoned have been:

chill bill
pain yatta
Luminous

and on weekends when we have time to check often, I may grab buzzer beak or Chef Pepperjack so that playing is a bit more interesting.
#12 Posted: 23:33:16 19/04/2015
Quote:
I no longer use the sanctums unless there is a quest for them.

Forget the gold . Sanctums are a good source of gems and wishstones .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:37:09 19/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#13 Posted: 11:58:58 20/04/2015
I summon Pain Yatta every time I'm able to get up to 5 magic traps. Traptanium doesn't spawn very frequently on my islands, so that ends up being at best once a week, but sometimes up to 3 weeks in-between summoning. I try to keep 2 traps of every other trap available in case someone invades and it strikes my fancy to trap them, but unless they increase a chance at gems, I don't trap them.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#14 Posted: 16:09:17 20/04/2015
My favorite is dreamcatcher.
Unfortunatly she jsut stays that short in my trap
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 17:06:27 20/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
I no longer use the sanctums unless there is a quest for them.

Forget the gold . Sanctums are a good source of gems and wishstones .

Not really, not anymore. Gems seem to be really uncommon out of them these days, I think they decreased the drop rate when they added the Golden Queen. With her, I get about as much as I used to get, without her maybe a few total with all 8 loaded with 3 Skylanders. The gold output is really good though, if you still need that.

As a matter of fact, I noticed Halls of Legends have dropped in gem output around when they added the four new Legendaries. I guess they figured they were too cheap for what they returned since you buy them with Wishstones.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#16 Posted: 23:41:38 20/04/2015
Every time I think my kingdom needs a better look, I summon Grinnade!

Grinnade: The Best Kingdom Cleaner Of All Time!
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#17 Posted: 00:39:17 21/04/2015
Quote: karo122

r
I'm with you. Also summon Gulper for alter egos and Wolfgang for spins.

j
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#18 Posted: 12:00:03 21/04/2015
Sheep creep does not make playing complicated since the result is usually a 55/50 chance to get another gem. What's an extra three taps when you have 10 sheep invaders and it makes you an easy 5-8 gems? It doesn't even move when you click it rapidly. IMHO an easy gem increasing technique.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#19 Posted: 16:10:28 21/04/2015
I rarely ever summon any villains, as I usually don't have that many traps. The only time I see summoning them is if they combine well with others. For example, if you get Chill Bill, then summon Painyatta to rack up chests (especially if you save your invaders like I do).

However, I have noticed that I don't have to find the villains, anymore, when they're invading my island. I can just go to the vault and trap them. I only noticed that, recently, so I'm not sure if that was always an option or if it was a Mags thing.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#20 Posted: 12:20:41 23/04/2015
Quote: karo122

r
I'm with you. Also summon Gulper for alter egos and Wolfgang for spins.

j
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Hinaseh Green Sparx Gems: 259
#21 Posted: 23:53:04 24/04/2015
luminous, you can trap her, send maximum adventures, used adventure clock, send maximum adventures, then fill in so that they are all back before the 24 hours, then send maximum adventures one more time, bring back the adventure clock early (costing 2-3 gems) then send it again.
I only have 8 balloons at the moment but I got 30 gems out of doing this and very little time investment.

Golden Queen also is decent, only works with Sanctuaries so if you have upgraded to Sanctums it probably doesn't work, not that I have been able to verify this yet. It would be even better if I had the companion that reduces Sanctuary times by half.

Lastly Buzzer beaker teamed with Pine Yatta will work, lots of villains and a chest from each which will be either 1 or 4 gems.

Those look like the best for gems and let's face it, that is what this game is all about, gold, energy and Kudos are fairly easy to come by but Gems take a bit of planning.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#22 Posted: 22:32:33 27/04/2015
Quote: Bolthar
Sheep creep does not make playing complicated since the result is usually a 55/50 chance to get another gem. What's an extra three taps when you have 10 sheep invaders and it makes you an easy 5-8 gems? It doesn't even move when you click it rapidly. IMHO an easy gem increasing technique.

The several times I'd trapped him when he was "new" I not only never got any gems, but never saw more than 500 "bonus" gold per tap.

I may try again, but I haven't ever summoned him
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 16:21:05 28/04/2015
I didn't know Sheep Creep gave gems, either. I only got gold, and not much. I didn't even know he was supposed to give gems.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me