Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wishstones [CLOSED]
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 22:18:19 17/04/2015 | Topic Creator
So I'm a new player to this game, and was wondering how to get more Wishstones.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 22:41:22 17/04/2015
Elemental Totems, Elemental Shrines,Sanctuaries,the odd quest and level up.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 22:53:26 17/04/2015
Ma Boo give one wishstone per day . Cherry doubles your totems . Sometimes gifts from Aura and friends give a wishstone .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#4 Posted: 23:37:50 17/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Sometimes gifts from Aura and friends give a wishstone .

Note that you need to purchase the companion Gurglefin to have a chance at wishstones from gifts.
#5 Posted: 00:23:59 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys! By the way, how many "spins" are needed to get the Grand Prize?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#6 Posted: 00:58:55 18/04/2015
Usually between 150 and 200 for the grand prize. I've only gone over 200 once. My luckiest ever was 8.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#7 Posted: 12:21:20 18/04/2015
Don't despair when CrazyCanuck points out that it's up to 200 wishstones needed each month. It may seem like a lot, but those shrines really do spit them out in great quantities once you've got a few. Three shrines of an element put out a maximum of 72 wishstones each day. And with quests occasionally gifting over the limit of three shrines per element as rewards, there are players with seven or so shrines of one element.

In the early game, after companions Capybara King, Cape Girl, Hyde and Ma-Boo, your gems really should go to buying shrines - the gifts that just keep on giving hour after hour, sanctuary after sanctuary and mission after mission.

Edit: and harvest after harvest.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:01 18/04/2015 by Woz
Scooby1 Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#8 Posted: 15:54:17 18/04/2015
If you have a water trapmaster & can create water traps then you could save the wish-stones you accumulate & hope you trap The Gulper villain before the end of each month. He is only trapped for 4 hours but in that time your luck meter rises twice as quickly & you will need fewer wish-stones to win the alter ego grand prize. In my son's game he has only 2 shrines in total, and only one sanctuary spot open (so he gets no wishstones from there). He gets wishstones just from MaBoo, clearing hamburger trolls, totems and his 2 shrines and he has managed to win the alter ego each month from January onwards by saving his stones & trapping Gulper when he appears.
---
Activate ID: slogsdail
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#9 Posted: 05:10:34 19/04/2015
I got the grand prize last month with like 35 spins, thanks in part to Gulper (and Mags). Also, any skylander leveled to 13, 14 or 15 will give you 5 wish stones so leveling up has that advantage.
#10 Posted: 09:58:00 19/04/2015
If you are a new player and started at the begining of the month , you will make enough wishstones for that months Alter Ego . I started halfway in October and i almost almost got Skeletal Cynder . All my other Egos after that were all won .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:10 19/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#11 Posted: 12:06:54 19/04/2015
Also be aware that missing an alter ego is not the end of the world because they frequently add them in as rollable (low chances) in the well. As far as wish stones you can get from all these ways.

Ma Boo can be found once daily and sometimes randomly on friends islands.
You also can randomly get them as a sent gift with Companion Gurglefin
You can also get them randomly as a opened kudo in another players island. (Think this is without any type of companion and 100% Random)
Elemental totems you clear with any skylander of that type. Companion Willy (Elemental totems stay for about 5-10 minutes as you log in so make sure you have one of each type available when you open the app) Extra chance of totems with Companion Cherry.
Elemental Shrines once unlocked when you can do the three skylanders per shrine you can get them as the Bonus.
Eon Statue randomly.
Clearing Wizard Trolls - Companion Brock
Also you can sometimes get them out of chests and there are a few companions that make chests occur more often.
During events there will be "invaders" that look like eggs when cleared will give you one wishstone

I do not believe they are a skylander house bonuses I seem to always get gold, energy or gems from them.

I believe that's an almost comprehensive list of ways to get them. I like the Ma Boo hunt and visiting the friends islands and looking for him. Also the Hyde hunt is good way to get gems for free as well and kill some time in the game. He also sometimes spawns in other peoples islands. The Chieftess does not she only spawns on your own island. BTW ma boo and hyde appear once a day on your island and appear on friends so I can sometimes find them a good 5-7 times a day.
#12 Posted: 14:05:14 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Alright, thanks for the advice guys! Also, how can I possibly get ~200 or ~300 gems for a companion quickly, without spending too much real money?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#13 Posted: 15:56:51 19/04/2015
What companion did you want ?
---
#14 Posted: 18:08:43 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
What companion did you want ?

Oops, I meant to say Shrines. They cost so many gems!
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#15 Posted: 19:25:39 19/04/2015
I have not paid a penny in and here is how I did it.

1) I did the begining of the game gold and enegery level up.
2) I linked my few bought skylanders. (If I did this I would first buy the first skylanders with gold and then link the others because if you link early then you raise the cost of the next spins until you get to the 5m gold skylanders spins).
3) Do all the quests for the skylanders as you level them up you get gems from some of the quests as well as from leveling them up.
4) QUICKLY get swap force skylanders for an easy 2 gems per sugarbat spawn.
5) Start buying things with gems that will give you more gem production E.G. Hyde, and the companions that give you more chests, and the companion that gives you the chance to get gems from the ground spawns.
6) Buy Diggs as soon as you have a ton of gems and he is available. (more end game)
7) Use wishstones to buy legendary houses for all your legendary skylanders you spin.
8) Make sure when you can send multiple skylanders to the sanctuaries you do because both of the other slots are bonus and can give you gems.
9) Make sure to buy EVERYTHING (in all my other buy gem production helpers suggestions) when on a sale they do a ton of half off+ sales all the time. (They had a great 66% off radiant fields I went crazy on)
10) Make sure to do the weekly and monthly quests that come along a lot of times they have gem rewards. At the beginning of the game when you first start those can be hard to complete.

This game can be played without buying a single gem. I have only two companions not bought right now (both unavailable), I have the piggy bank, a ton of radiant fields, I have a bunch of houses, I have all sanctuaries upgraded, I have all three shrines of all the different shrine types, and I am at almost 4k gems waiting for the 2 companions I do not have to become aviailable and be on sale.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:43:02 19/04/2015 by Bolthar
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#16 Posted: 19:53:09 19/04/2015
The player who said they didn't think you get them from houses may be correct, with one caveat:

you can get wishstones from the dark and light gateways...
#17 Posted: 20:00:39 19/04/2015
Thanks BUGMom05. Those are still very expensive. They are on my list of things to buy but I want to get the two companions and a few more field first and then I'll be saving up for those. Hopefully I can find them on a nice sale by then. smilie
#18 Posted: 23:29:52 19/04/2015
Quote:
Oops, I meant to say Shrines. They cost so many gems!

Sooner or later they will go for 50 percent discount . Once in a blue moon they sell for 75 Percent discount . Dont worry so much . This is a game of patience .

Wishstones are much easier to get then gems at your level as long as you have a skylander of each element on totem patrol , you are pretty well set .
---
#19 Posted: 23:59:47 19/04/2015
You also get Shrines a lot in quests but those are usually the hardest, but an easier way if you're a collector is doing Toy Link quests,which give you a TON of gems and a shrine if you link 7 or more skylanders.
There are also some very specific skylander quests but the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Birthday Bash's.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:15 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
#20 Posted: 00:45:48 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
You also get Shrines a lot in quests but those are usually the hardest, but an easier way if you're a collector is doing Toy Link quests,which give you a TON of gems and a shrine if you link 7 or more skylanders.
There are also some very specific skylander quests but the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Birthday Bash's.

If I've already linked all my Skylanders, will they be counted for those quests?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#21 Posted: 00:49:17 20/04/2015
They will count as soon as you buy the specific Tower. The game might take a bit to catch up but once the quest is activated it'll start counting the linked skylanders.
---
#22 Posted: 02:31:34 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
They will count as soon as you buy the specific Tower. The game might take a bit to catch up but once the quest is activated it'll start counting the linked skylanders.

Ok, thanks!
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#23 Posted: 11:54:18 21/04/2015
Also be aware if you REALLY want shrines a lot you will want to buy the ones from the store before you do the towers. I did the towers and got the shrines and then could only buy some from the store. If you want more shrines you will want to buy the three from the store and THEN get the tower. This will give you more shrines than the three max you can buy.
#24 Posted: 12:01:52 21/04/2015
Toy Link Towers pay themselves unlike Shrines,though. I couldn't afford the latter so I got all the towers when I linked enough Skylanders and it's a pretty great daily payout. If you don't have a big collection(or don't want to trade for codes) it really isn't the best F2P way to go about it,but if you have over 5 of the same element it'll help out a lot.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:02:27 21/04/2015 by Bifrost
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#25 Posted: 16:04:53 21/04/2015
As others have said, this game is one of patience. To win the grand prize (usually an alter ego) from the well, it's pretty random how many it will take. However, it is pretty common advice to save, at least, 200 stones a month. Don't just keep throwing them in. That may mean missing an alter ego to save up for the next month. But you'll usually get it within 200 (sometimes more, but rarely). Once you do that, you'll have enough at the first of the month to get the alter ego, then you'll have the entire month to save 200, again. You'll soon see them add up, even with just using totems. As you get shrines, your wish stone inventory really starts adding up. There really isn't much use for the wish stones, though, beyond the alter ego and buying Hall of Legends. My advice is to make sure you have 200 saved up, then once you get enough to put back that 200 and get a Hall of Legends, feel free to buy one. If you have Legendary Skylanders, they are the cheapest way to earn free gold, xp, gems, etc.

As for gems, it takes a while to really get enough to buy much. A lot has changed since I started (i.e. the introduction of link towers and other gem producing items). It took me several months before I was getting enough gems to buy giant/alt/mini houses. Once you start getting them, your gem count should start going up quicker. There are a few companions that help, too, but as with everything else, you have to keep saving for them. There are several threads on the topic, with much discussion on what/who to buy first.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me