Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > 2015 Trap Team Happy Meal toys at McDonald's!!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
2015 Trap Team Happy Meal toys at McDonald's!! [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#51 Posted: 21:07:29 17/05/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is the commercial:

Oh boy.....that was awful.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#52 Posted: 21:24:20 17/05/2015
^Not as good as the Swap Force commercial, but at least it didn't reuse an old trailer like the Giant's commercial did.
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#53 Posted: 18:02:52 18/05/2015
Depending on whether the store sells a lot of kids meals, the stores will get two at a time or all of them. I have one McDs in my area my kids call "the magic mcdonalds" because they get all the toys at once. It's in an industrial area of town, so they don't sell a lot of kids meals. We go the the regular ones, and then I take the duplicate toys to the special one and get the ones they need.

Hope this helps!
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#54 Posted: 14:01:04 19/05/2015
Checked so far 4 mcdonalds only found food fight and wallop, spoke to a manager at one of them says thats all they have. I could try to walmart with a mcdonalds in it this weekend when I head out east as its like 40min from me and not worth going to just for these toys.
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#55 Posted: 16:35:02 19/05/2015
Went to a McD's yesterday; the only one they had was Painyatta.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#56 Posted: 20:37:58 19/05/2015
Finally got the whole set it looks great up and close in person.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#57 Posted: 21:41:54 19/05/2015
anyone know if they are doing any starter pack coupons in them again?
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#58 Posted: 21:51:30 19/05/2015
I didn't see any coupons this time.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#59 Posted: 21:55:30 19/05/2015
Quote: tigerdr
anyone know if they are doing any starter pack coupons in them again?

Yes there are both the 1 dollar off a figure and 10 dollars off the starter
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#60 Posted: 21:58:33 19/05/2015
Guess I should have looked closer; oh well.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#61 Posted: 00:24:08 20/05/2015
I went to TRU and showed the guy the coupons, he honoured them.

EDIT: I don't understand why these are boy toys, they should be unisex. :/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:30 20/05/2015 by goldenrushducks
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#62 Posted: 01:23:13 20/05/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: spyrocrash
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is the commercial:

Oh boy.....that was awful.

Indeed.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
CookieCutter Green Sparx Gems: 295
#63 Posted: 16:56:02 20/05/2015
Happy dance! Visited my local (now favorite) McD's on Monday night. They only had two-Wolfgang and Painyatta. The two I really wanted. If I pick up the other four, no big deal. (DaNiece and DaNephew get happy meals occasionally-might get a couple from them)
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#64 Posted: 21:32:44 20/05/2015
I found Painyatta and Wolfgang! Looks like they're digging in to the box even more.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#65 Posted: 16:22:57 21/05/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks
I went to TRU and showed the guy the coupons, he honoured them.

EDIT: I don't understand why these are boy toys, they should be unisex. :/

McDonalds said that they were going to get rid of the boy/girl designation, but they still continue to have different toys. It makes sense to offer the two, though, and they still know what you're talking about if you ask for a boy or girl. But they did change how it rings up. It used to be "truck" or "doll" (specifying boy or girl), but now it rings up specifying the actual toy.

Quote: goldenrushducks
I found Painyatta and Wolfgang! Looks like they're digging in to the box even more.

Those are probably just the next two to be released. My son got a Wolfgang the other day. We never did get a Food Fight, though smilie, so hopefully we can still get them.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#66 Posted: 21:04:03 21/05/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Those are probably just the next two to be released. My son got a Wolfgang the other day. We never did get a Food Fight, though smilie, so hopefully we can still get them.

As Food Fight and Wallop have pretty much flooded every single McDonald's that I've been to in the 200 miles between my house and MiniKaboom's, I'd say you shouldn't have a hard time with him. If you do, let me know and I'll send as many truckloads of him your way as I can, lol.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#67 Posted: 16:08:40 22/05/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: obidawsn

As Food Fight and Wallop have pretty much flooded every single McDonald's that I've been to in the 200 miles between my house and MiniKaboom's, I'd say you shouldn't have a hard time with him. If you do, let me know and I'll send as many truckloads of him your way as I can, lol.

-Doug

That's usually how it seems. But when they get the next "wave" in, it seems that the older toys don't exist. More than likely, they just get left back in storage somewhere, and no one will ever care to go back and get them. When my daughter was collecting the My Little Pony toys from the last promotion, all they seemed to have were a bunch of the ponies. She wanted the Equestrian girl toys, though, since she already had ponies from other sources, but they just seemed to have nothing but a bunch of ponies. Once they started receiving the Equestrian girls, there were no signs of the ponies. We ended up starting to get duplicates of the girls (after getting them all), so wanted the ponies we missed to complete the collection, but couldn't find them. However, I remember when they had Ben 10 toys a few years ago. My son was obsessed with Ben 10, at the time, and was trying to get them all. At one point (with still a week or two left in the promotion), we were told they were out of them and couldn't find them anywhere. We were just getting random Pokemon toys that they had left over, no matter which McDonalds we went to. Several months later (probably even close to a year), we got a Happy Meal during some other promotion (don't remember which) and got one of the Ben 10 toys from that earlier promotion. I was baffled that they had them in their "overstock" when we couldn't get them anywhere. I figured that once they get new "waves" they just put the older ones in storage and just decide to dig them out when they need extra toys, but not until then. I keep hoping the same would happen with the Skylanders toys we missed in the past (especially Kaos), but no luck, yet smilie
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#68 Posted: 22:21:14 22/05/2015
I have all of them except Wolfgang. He seems to be hard to find in my area.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
#69 Posted: 18:58:47 23/05/2015
I went to McDonalds, today, and asked to see the Skylanders they had. They had Painyatta, Wildfire, and Snap Shot. I went ahead and got us all Happy Meals so we could get them. So, now, all we need is Food Fight.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#70 Posted: 21:30:02 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Anyone know when this ends? My area has yet to have Wolfgang or Snap Shot smilie
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#71 Posted: 04:51:37 13/06/2015
Im lucky I came on here, I actually forgot about picking up Wolfgang and Painyatta, the only two ive yet to get.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#72 Posted: 07:43:07 13/06/2015
Quote: SlayerX11
Im lucky I came on here, I actually forgot about picking up Wolfgang and Painyatta, the only two ive yet to get.

Those are the two I'm missing too.

And some of the McDonalds here started going on cleanup week.
---
#all Spyros are valid
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#73 Posted: 10:34:26 13/06/2015
I got lucky and found half the set in a free box at a garage sale last weekend. LOL. Painyatta, Wolfgang and Wildfire. I was being iffy about buying a set at McDonalds as they didn't really look all that well made when I saw them in their display so I'm glad I had waited. Actually, this is how I got all the prior years too, but I tend to pay up to a quarter for the ones I need. LOL
---
Stay Cool!
#74 Posted: 10:38:13 13/06/2015
They've already started their new promotion (Nerf). So if you haven't gotten them all, it may be too late, unless you get lucky to find a McDonalds that wouldn't mind checking their old stock. I figured it was getting close since I went last week and all they had were some Food Fights (which must have been leftover from the first wave). My daughter wanted a Skylander (and Food Fight happened to be the one she wanted), and they asked her if she would rather have an Adventure Time toy. She's also into My Little Pony and I saw that they had them back. I asked for one and they actually ended up being from last year. I went to another McDonalds this week and, again, my daughter wanted a Skylander. I ordered a Happy Meal with a Skylander and we got an American Girl. Luckily, I actually had a girl that was getting the Happy Meal. My son wouldn't have been too happy with that smilie.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#75 Posted: 15:13:49 13/06/2015
I got the whole set of toys last month from my local McD's. It's typical Happy Meal toy fare. Snap Shot is actually the most disappointing one to me, half of the time I couldn't get him to shoot. It would have worked better if you didn't have to push on the arrow to shoot it. Food Fight's discs also fall right out of the gun if you tilt him. The other toys are pretty good. I like Wildfire's the best.
---
Purple dragon.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#76 Posted: 18:30:00 13/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Never found Snap Shot or Wolfgang, all my stores were out last week. To eBay!
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#77 Posted: 21:45:24 13/06/2015
I love to collect the toys. But i have to wait to find a place where they sell them and no i don't buy them online.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:06:30 14/06/2015 by KeybasHedKey
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me