Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Enigma - The new Ninjini/Doom Stone? [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 13:30:05 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't know if this was answered before seeing how I was off the forums for more than six months (On another account), but I have the assumption that Enigma will be TRU's next character they'll get first, then difficult to find after. At first I thought it would be him or Gearshift, but I see Gearshift is still available to buy on Amazon at regular price, from no scalpers. So yeah, If TRU does this promotion again, it will most likely be Enigma seeing how the other two were gimmick characters.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#2 Posted: 13:34:00 12/04/2015
Well yeah, he is the final new gimmick character for people to cellect. which makes me sad, because I love Enigma and wants him so badly.
#3 Posted: 17:36:51 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Which is why I plan to go to TRU the day it releases unlike the other two, avoid any hassle finding it in the future. Actually he could be easier to find after a long while. I mean Ninjini is currently easy to find in the pack of giants where I am. Doom Stone should do the same thing.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#4 Posted: 17:54:06 12/04/2015
I still see plenty of Ninjini's, even a random Scarlet here and there, but I haven't seen Doom Stone in my area since October. Admittedly though I haven't been hunting for him as I got him from the TRU general release.

I would be interested in seeing how they go about selecting the last character to be released. I would assume they'd choose the starter pack characters first, then once the official prototypes pictures get released to the public, I would assume they'd go off of popularity and try to save one of the better characters, in terms of response, for last.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 18:13:11 12/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
I still see plenty of Ninjini's, even a random Scarlet here and there, but I haven't seen Doom Stone in my area since October. Admittedly though I haven't been hunting for him as I got him from the TRU general release.

I would be interested in seeing how they go about selecting the last character to be released. I would assume they'd choose the starter pack characters first, then once the official prototypes pictures get released to the public, I would assume they'd go off of popularity and try to save one of the better characters, in terms of response, for last.

Waves are actually chosen by retailers themselves, actually. Activision and TFB have had no say-so on who's in which Wave.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 19:55:13 12/04/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Waves are actually chosen by retailers themselves, actually. Activision and TFB have had no say-so on who's in which Wave.

Really? That's enteresting. Where did you find that out from?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#7 Posted: 20:08:49 12/04/2015
Doom Stone is getting really scarce in stores. They had some glue issues with him, so the ones you might stumble upon in stores have a lot of tape or staples on the backing. I much as I hate this year's overpriced gimmick, I like how sturdy the Trapmaster packaging is. I'm looking forward to playing with Enigma...they saved the best for last! Doom Stone was among the best and most unique swappers...the shield upgrade path definitely set him apart from we had seen from other Skylanders.
#8 Posted: 21:31:54 12/04/2015
Quote: Matteomax

How does that work exactly? I can't imagine Toys R Us, Bestbuy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop, and others all agreeing on which figures go in what order.
---
Unique Character roster:
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#9 Posted: 01:42:19 13/04/2015
Exactly. I can understand exactly why Enigma was designated to be released last is the complication of his design, since he's 85% clear. A clear chase variant would be interesting, having him in ghost mode. Or have his cloak a different color.
Flip Wreck...thought he would be out with High Five & Bat Spin, but judging how those two are selling along with Echo, Blackout & Spotlight. Wave 4 maybe the best selling Wave of this game. Cores are hard to find, along with W4 traps.
Fling Kong? Unsure about him. Still going to get him.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 02:14:07 13/04/2015
Activision has a thing for doing chase variants in multiples of three...so unless he comes across as an E3 special variant etc or they release different kid of variants then I'd say no.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#11 Posted: 18:24:49 13/04/2015
There are already three clear variants already: Tuff Luck, Short Cut and Thunderbolt, none of them I can find in stores.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#12 Posted: 22:24:00 13/04/2015
I wonder if Enigma will be at tru timesquare like doom and ninjini were. With time square store closing they might not do the event sadly as ive gone for the past two with my son and wife.
#13 Posted: 22:31:12 13/04/2015
I'd like the seem them change it up this year and give us a Corelander for our last release. Come on, Flip Wreck!
---
Unique Character roster:
#14 Posted: 01:10:11 16/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm looking at next month to do my next run to my faraway plaza with TRU. I remember Doom Stone being released around mid-May. I'm going to assume that Enigma will be released around that time. I'm not 100% positive that it's Enigma though, I mean a small percentage of my mind is thinking Gearshift, also maybe even both? Don't know why I would think that. If anyone gets a confirmed release date, let me know. I'll also try to do my part of being on the watch.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me