Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > GameStop Used Figures - When Will Price Drop?
Page 1 of 1
GameStop Used Figures - When Will Price Drop? [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 17:46:41 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Just checked GameStop.com for a used series 2 Bash which I've been trying to track down for years now. It seems a ton of stores in my area have it in stock, but at a price point of $20, I'm not biting. You'd think if so many stores are sitting on used stock of Skylanders, they'd start decreasing the prices little by little. I'm sure their cheaper used Skylanders are selling well, but they seriously can't think there's a huge market wanting to pay $15+ for a used figure which they think of as rare. I'm done ranting...I just think their used price points for certain figures are too high and are simply not moving from stores. Let's hope they re-evaluate prices at some point. I can wait until series 2 Bash drops down to $10 and Royal Double Trouble comes down to a reasonable price as well.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2 Posted: 19:04:07 10/04/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Just checked GameStop.com for a used series 2 Bash which I've been trying to track down for years now. It seems a ton of stores in my area have it in stock, but at a price point of $20, I'm not biting. You'd think if so many stores are sitting on used stock of Skylanders, they'd start decreasing the prices little by little. I'm sure their cheaper used Skylanders are selling well, but they seriously can't think there's a huge market wanting to pay $15+ for a used figure which they think of as rare. I'm done ranting...I just think their used price points for certain figures are too high and are simply not moving from stores. Let's hope they re-evaluate prices at some point. I can wait until series 2 Bash drops down to $10 and Royal Double Trouble comes down to a reasonable price as well.

Well, imo you should buy it now. Since it is S2 Bash (2 years old), if anything over time it will rise in rarity-and price. That price for S2 Bash is much cheaper than what you will find on Amazon or eBay (by at least $5) so...I would go for it, if you really wanted it.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#3 Posted: 19:37:09 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: The Bone Chompy

Well, imo you should buy it now. Since it is S2 Bash (2 years old), if anything over time it will rise in rarity-and price. That price for S2 Bash is much cheaper than what you will find on Amazon or eBay (by at least $5) so...I would go for it, if you really wanted it.

These can't possibly rise in price over time. I pointed out that GameStop stores in my area are flooded with these and nobody's buying at $20. EBay and Amazon aren't the only marketplace for used Skylanders and shouldn't be used as a gauge for prices for a figure that's not particularly in high demand (although rare). Now Amiibos...there is a huge market and demand for them, so recently sold auction prices can be used to dictate current secondary market price. I just feel the current market price of a used S2 Bash at $20 is still too inflated as evidenced by the abundance of stock at GameStop stores. I can play the waiting game with GameStop and won't mind in the least if my collection never has a series 2 Bash...there's a price point threshold I simply won't cross for used Skylanders.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#4 Posted: 19:47:33 10/04/2015
These can't possibly rise in price over time. I pointed out that GameStop stores in my area are flooded with these and nobody's buying at $20. EBay and Amazon aren't the only marketplace for used Skylanders and shouldn't be used as a gauge for prices for a figure that's not particularly in high demand (although rare). Now Amiibos...there is a huge market and demand for them, so recently sold auction prices can be used to dictate current secondary market price. I just feel the current market price of a used S2 Bash at $20 is still too inflated as evidenced by the abundance of stock at GameStop stores. I can play the waiting game with GameStop and won't mind in the least if my collection never has a series 2 Bash...there's a price point threshold I simply won't cross for used Skylanders.

They can, and they will. GameStop has a habit (possibly even a policy but I can't state that for certain as I haven't worked there) of moving stock from stores that can't move it to ones who can. I knew a few folks who managed a couple of my local stores and would notice game with certain defects/stains/etc. occasionally disappearing from one location then briefly reappearing at another before being sold. When I asked my friends about this, they told me they'd gotten an email from corporate saying to pack up games X, Y, Z, etc. and ship them to the other store. As GameStop prices and sells their used product much more like a hobby shop than a software store, marking rarer or more popular items up as the collector's market will allow, they will most definitely sit on that stock at its current price for as long as it takes to sell it. If your local stores aren't moving it? They'll move it along to where it will sell.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#5 Posted: 20:19:10 10/04/2015
Considering they'll have used prices on games higher than you can buy brand new because the MSRP went down since they priced the used copy, I don't see them lowering the price of something that's hard to find, and isn't available from non-secondary markets.
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#6 Posted: 23:15:53 10/04/2015
Yep. The price will actually rise if its rare. You should see the Boomers, Dino-Rangs or whatever I see. They are about $25, while S1 Camo was $20 as well as Warnado... Even if S2 Camo was only $9.

This is EB Games in Aus FYI
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 03:48:25 11/04/2015
with the stock finally running out of the earlier two games from the perspective that you can't just walk into a store and pay retail for quite a few, I don't see prices moving much. I hear what you are saying, but we're clearly in the aftermarket for these and as such a new comic that sold for $2.99 is going to sell for $6 and/or sit there until it does. This is where being a thrifty shopper helps. Some people would rather waste 20 hours trying to save $10 and the others will just pay the damn price and move on. S2 Bash is $40 NIB, so $20 sounds fair to me. Bash is simply a PITA. Doesn't matter if it's SSA, SG or Legendary. I couldn't find many of these even when these were in stock. Out of all of the stock I have, Bash is below everything else I have.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:52:44 11/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 04:57:15 11/04/2015
s2 Bash is actually pretty rare, though.
---
#all Spyros are valid
SlickP Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#9 Posted: 01:19:05 12/04/2015
They had them B2G2 Free for at least a week but that ended on 4/5/15.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#10 Posted: 10:12:10 12/04/2015
it looks like to me that walmart.com is the better place to go for used Skylanders.
a few weeks ago I was able to get Jade Flashwing for 6 dollars.
I wasn't really all that interested in getting her but a few days before I was in a gamestop and grabbed a used jade flashwing there I didn't have my glasses on to notice the price correctly but then i noticed right before taking it up to purchase that it was 21 dollars. But yeah walmart seems to be doing bether in used prices

Now the question i have is it just standard that people should reset their skylanders before making them used?
This kinda has disappointed me. I'm always hoping I'll grab a used skylander in which they already did all the heroics but sadly that hasn't happened yet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:55:16 12/04/2015 by Street50
#11 Posted: 16:48:55 12/04/2015
You know, I think they could actually charge a small premium for an already upgraded/heroic maxed skylander. Food for thought.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#12 Posted: 17:40:43 12/04/2015
I checked EB Games/Gamestop just now and they have $2-$7 figures. It's CAD though so it's a bit higher than USD.

Speaking of used figures, I love the selection. I was surprised to find two SSA bonus levels and both legendary swappers. I should come here often.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#13 Posted: 17:49:06 12/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
You know, I think they could actually charge a small premium for an already upgraded/heroic maxed skylander. Food for thought.

I've questioned that but I'm going to assume no. It's not hard to do the heroics at all and most probably wouldn't have a problem about doing them. But for us who have a lot of Skylanders just find them so repetitive. yeah they don't matter anymore but I'd still like them done for future proofing purpose. But I doubt many would pay more for maxed vs. Just getting the cheapest priced skylander.

I've questioned if you could open an online store where people could send their skylanders in to be maxed. But I'd doubt it could have a worthy price plan and be trust worthy enough. But hehe if someone was next to me willing to accept .25 cents a skylander I'd pay that.
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#14 Posted: 18:05:10 12/04/2015
I don't usually post up links and to be honest these maybe sold out by the time you check it, also bestbuy is pretty bad about acting like they have something until you try and process the order so take it as you will but there's this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sk...8&skuId=6914942 hope he's still in stock and actually in stock.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#15 Posted: 18:14:30 12/04/2015
Quote: gta1134
I don't usually post up links and to be honest these maybe sold out by the time you check it, also bestbuy is pretty bad about acting like they have something until you try and process the order so take it as you will but there's this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sk...8&skuId=6914942 hope he's still in stock and actually in stock.

He's in stock but only in stores. You have to have an eligible store near you to checkout with him. You'd have to pick him up.
#16 Posted: 20:11:47 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: gta1134

That listing has been up for years! It's never been available for pickup at any stores regardless of which zip code I punch in, even while traveling.
#17 Posted: 20:18:22 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Street50
it looks like to me that walmart.com is the better place to go for used Skylanders.
I wasn't really all that interested in getting her but a few days before I was in a gamestop and grabbed a used jade flashwing there I didn't have my glasses on to notice the price correctly but then i noticed right before taking it up to purchase that it was 21 dollars. But yeah walmart seems to be doing bether in used prices

Now the question i have is it just standard that people should reset their skylanders before making them used?
This kinda has disappointed me. I'm always hoping I'll grab a used skylander in which they already did all the heroics but sadly that hasn't happened yet.

Do all Walmarts sell used Skylanders? Where are they located? I've never seen them at any of the stores I frequent in New Jersey. I would totally pick up a used Jade Flashwing for $6.
#18 Posted: 23:27:43 12/04/2015

Do all Walmarts sell used Skylanders? Where are they located? I've never seen them at any of the stores I frequent in New Jersey. I would totally pick up a used Jade Flashwing for $6.

I actually grabbed her from the website and just had her shipped to store which is free. http://www.walmart.com/ip/43912800
not sure yet if they actually do sell them in stores. They took over a week to ship her however I ordered dark series 3 spyro along with her and he came the next day.

i'm debating now if i want to do Glow in the Dark Sonic boom. Sonic boom doesn't have a special in game look also add in that while i've yet to actually have a problem taking her through those three exceptionally Heroic Challenges. It feels like luck to do so.

But the glow in the dark sonic boom is here and she's about 5 dollars where she is almost 10 dollars at gamestop. http://www.walmart.com/ip/43912771
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:34:46 12/04/2015 by Street50
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#19 Posted: 16:04:40 13/04/2015

I seriously doubt anyone goes through the trouble of resetting their Skylanders. More than likely, the Skylanders that are dumped at places like Gamestop, Walmart, etc., are from kids who didn't play with it much, not less did the heroics, etc. Most people who did the work to go through and do all the heroics are probably attached to their Skylanders, especially enough to not sell them for a few $ from a store. If they did sell it, it would probably be on craigslist or eBay.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#20 Posted: 12:23:48 14/04/2015
I had no idea that Wal-Mart sold used Skylanders figures ...

That seems weird ... can you even sell/trade-in your used Skylanders at Wal-Mart?
I wonder if GameStop just dumps their stock on Wal-Mart in bulk.

As for the OP, $20 for Series 2 Bash -- if in good condition -- is a good price, and if you've been wanting Bash, I would go for that price. If you're waiting for its price to drop to $10, you will be waiting a very long time.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:19 14/04/2015 by BahamutBreaker
#21 Posted: 12:31:05 14/04/2015
^Exactly. If they're also selling for those prices I can only imaging how much they're GIVING for these. We need an undercover operative to come back with prices they are offering.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#22 Posted: 12:38:26 14/04/2015
Based on my past experience with trading things in at GameStop ... you (the seller) are almost always getting scammed. It's a terrible idea to trade stuff in at GameStop, unless you really are just that lazy to sell things yourself.

It's pretty common for GameStop to scan your used item in the store, and offer you like $3 (for example), and then they turn around and price it for sale at $20. Granted, they take the risk that no one is going to buy that used game, and it becomes a shelf-warmer. Still, let it be known that if you sell your used stuff to GameStop, you are getting WAY less than the market value for that item.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#23 Posted: 12:41:40 14/04/2015
I forgot the name of the website but someone did show a web site that was offering above what Gamestop offered but with all of the same conveniences.

EDIT: trade4cash.com

Series 2 Bash they will buy for $3.30. Looks like prices have come down.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:45:27 14/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#24 Posted: 22:39:22 21/04/2015
On a side note, I think GameStop might be listing S1 Bash online as S2 in some cases. I found a S1 at my local GameStop labeled as Giants Bash and priced at $19.99 hanging right next to another just like it labeled Spyro's Adventure Bash for $4.99. The online inventory still shows it there even after I pointed it out to the guy.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me