Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#251 Posted: 15:58:09 27/09/2015
Got everything! I was literally the only customer in the store, to. I figured with all the hype it's getting, there would be a line out the door.
---
Dead
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#252 Posted: 16:37:40 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
i'll try to got to a store so i can at least see the products. might not be able to buy anything though.
#253 Posted: 17:09:00 27/09/2015
Do we know the names of the items that come in the midway arcade level pack?
---
Dead
#254 Posted: 17:14:57 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
not that i know of..
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#255 Posted: 18:38:27 27/09/2015
Quote: mega spyro

The Arcade Machine and G-6155 Spy Hunter, you mean?
#256 Posted: 19:54:30 27/09/2015
Quote: FireMeowth

The Arcade Machine and G-6155 Spy Hunter, you mean?

Yeah, thanks!
---
Dead
#257 Posted: 22:23:34 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
i got the benny pack today, and will get the game next month.
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#258 Posted: 00:27:01 28/09/2015
Picked up the game today and the Portal 2 level pack. Great game.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
#259 Posted: 03:13:11 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
anybody who has this- should i get it?
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#260 Posted: 04:00:29 29/09/2015
i got it. it really sucks. it is the same as the other lego games. things are repetitive. and thus I gave it back to target and I will be buying superchargers tomorrow. if you want a lego game get jurassic world
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#261 Posted: 04:02:39 29/09/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
i got it. it really sucks. it is the same as the other lego games. things are repetitive. and thus I gave it back to target and I will be buying superchargers tomorrow. if you want a lego game get jurassic world

I KNEW IT!!!Not buying this game
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#262 Posted: 04:43:34 29/09/2015
DO NOT GET THIS GAME! IT IS JUST A NORMAL LEGO GAME THAT COSTS A LOT MORE.

Seriously though, I mean, it's good for a Lego Game. But then again, it's a lego game.
---
Spread those positive vibes
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#263 Posted: 21:24:38 29/09/2015
*sigh* I can't believe I'm saying this, but im comsideting getting this game.

Whats currently in wave one?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#264 Posted: 00:48:43 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
in wave one is-

starter

wicked witch
nya
cyborg
emmet
benny
bad cop
zane
jay (tru exclusive)
laval (tru exclusive)
cragger
eris
wonder woman

portal level pack
bttf level pack
simpsons level pack

scooby doo team pack
jurassic world team pack

that's all i remember
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#265 Posted: 00:52:54 01/10/2015
yay for cragger. i want the figure only.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#266 Posted: 00:56:08 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
i'll get the game on or around black friday, along with the dr who pack, unikitty, cragger, the simpsons pack, the jurassic world pack, and the portal pack.

sales, m8.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#267 Posted: 12:34:50 03/10/2015
The game is finally out in Norway (since yesterday), so I've picked up quite a few packs.

http://i.imgur.com/50mu8Fd.jpg

Only missing the Scooby-Doo Team Pack, which apparently hasn't arrived in the country yet due to some issues with the shipment... Guess I'll have to be patient.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#268 Posted: 03:45:51 05/10/2015
I want this but. The prices, wowza
It would murder my wallet faster than Skylanders
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#269 Posted: 23:48:02 05/10/2015
I got the game! Enjoying it so far, but I didn't get the Jurassic World or Scooby Doo sets because they didn't have their worlds, only to find out they;re already in game. I'll get them ASAP.

Also, pretty disappointed with the LEGO MOVIE adventure world. It has Bricksburg, Cloud Cuckoo Land, The Wild West and Middle Zealand all close together and they're all small and empty. I was SO HYPED to explore Bricksburg, but it's practically nothing.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#270 Posted: 15:53:52 13/10/2015
I'm just gonna say it now. I feel like the toy aspect of the game wasn't needed. The portal integration was done VERY well,but everything could have been unlockable in game and it would have been the exact same game. In fact I think the story (While I'm really enjoying it.) is hurt by the toy aspect a lot. I'm loving the rest of the game so far, but it has it's problems.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:54:30 13/10/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#271 Posted: 00:28:19 14/10/2015
Yeah in all the videos I'm watching I'm not really seeing much difference from other Lego games. It really surprises me that you can switch around what characters you're playing as without actually switching around characters on the portal. Makes it feel less like a toys-to-life game and more like a normal Lego game that way, except normal Lego games have huge casts of playable characters without the huge price tag.

I wonder, what are the movesets of the Lego Dimensions characters like? Are they more in-depth than the movesets of characters in normal Lego games? I think the main thing that justifies Skylanders figures to me is their unique and creative movesets. Skylanders really is mainly about the characters and how they play. But with Lego the games are usually about the world, with the wide cast of characters being more of a novelty. Does Lego Dimensions at least add some more oomph to the how the characters play in order to justify the toys-to-life distribution method? Granted, Disney Infinity also suffers from this problem to a significant degree.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:07 14/10/2015 by Muffin Man
#272 Posted: 01:19:21 14/10/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Yeah in all the videos I'm watching I'm not really seeing much difference from other Lego games. It really surprises me that you can switch around what characters you're playing as without actually switching around characters on the portal. Makes it feel less like a toys-to-life game and more like a normal Lego game that way, except normal Lego games have huge casts of playable characters without the huge price tag.

I wonder, what are the movesets of the Lego Dimensions characters like? Are they more in-depth than the movesets of characters in normal Lego games? I think the main thing that justifies Skylanders figures to me is their unique and creative movesets. Skylanders really is mainly about the characters and how they play. But with Lego the games are usually about the world, with the wide cast of characters being more of a novelty. Does Lego Dimensions at least add some more oomph to the how the characters play in order to justify the toys-to-life distribution method? Granted, Disney Infinity also suffers from this problem to a significant degree.

Eh not really. Some of them have special moves but its nothing like Skylanders. Its the typical melee attack with a variant of a type of move shared by certain characters.

For example
Gandalf can swing his staff for melee attacks and Batman can use melee attacks with punching and kicking. If you hold the attack buttom gandolf shoots a magic shot from his staff and Batman shoots a batarang. They both behave the exact same.
---
#273 Posted: 19:11:19 06/11/2015
Question: Does this game have local multiplayer?

I've tried searching online, but I can't find an answer for this, so if any of you guys with the game could answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.
---
Dead
#274 Posted: 14:48:52 07/11/2015
Question: Does this game have local multiplayer?

I've tried searching online, but I can't find an answer for this, so if any of you guys with the game could answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes there is two player local co-op. Im gonna be playing this game today. My little brother's birthday is today and his big present is LD
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:49:50 07/11/2015 by skylandersspyro
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#275 Posted: 15:35:17 09/11/2015
Has anyone found a good forum for this game? I have enjoyed the community of Dark Spyro and wanted to find something similar for Lego Dimensions. We were looking to get the game for Christmas, this year. With all the reports of bugs and issues, I'm getting a bit concerned. Plus I'd just like to find a great community to help find things in game and deals.
#276 Posted: 17:30:38 09/11/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Has anyone found a good forum for this game? I have enjoyed the community of Dark Spyro and wanted to find something similar for Lego Dimensions. We were looking to get the game for Christmas, this year. With all the reports of bugs and issues, I'm getting a bit concerned. Plus I'd just like to find a great community to help find things in game and deals.

https://community.lego.com/t5/...LEGO_DIMENSIONS LD fourm is a good place. People there know ways to stop glitches. By the way. The game is AWESOME
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#277 Posted: 18:07:01 09/11/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Quote: obidawsn

https://community.lego.com/t5/...LEGO_DIMENSIONS LD fourm is a good place. People there know ways to stop glitches. By the way. The game is AWESOME

Thanks. I'll check it out.
#278 Posted: 20:13:43 10/11/2015
I'm strongly considering returning the game....

It's great fun, but to me it's just so underwhelming. I was at Gamestop today getting DI and amiibo stuff and found out I can only return the game, which is good because I wanted to keep the toys, especially Emmet and Scooby Doo. Maybe by some time tomorrow I'll return it. I've been avoiding getting stuff for it anyway, I just see it was wasting money that could go to Skylanders or the occasional amiibo and DI character.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:49 10/11/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#279 Posted: 14:24:32 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I got the game!

I also got Krusty, Unikitty, and The Wicked Witch. I also have had benny since the 27th on september.

So far- It's good.
#280 Posted: 17:02:32 28/11/2015
I'll be getting this game whenever it arrives from TRU.com, since I got it on the black friday deal (yes, I know, I said I wasn't getting it until May, but I couldn't resist smilie).
---
Dead
#281 Posted: 20:18:21 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Krusty is my favorite so far!
#282 Posted: 19:54:40 02/12/2015
This game is TERRIBLE In just this hour a lone, I've had 3 crashes, and I've encountered 7 minor glitches, and I'm only on level two (which I can't fininsh, because the game keeps crashing).
---
Dead
#283 Posted: 20:09:41 02/12/2015
This game is TERRIBLE In just this hour a lone, I've had 3 crashes, and I've encountered 7 minor glitches, and I'm only on level two (which I can't fininsh, because the game keeps crashing).

What system are you on? Did you update the game.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#284 Posted: 16:05:52 28/12/2015
So I know you probably want to answer just read some reviews or see some posts in this topic.
I know as much as the complaint with this game is everything is behind a paywall.
But I want to know the general do people consider this game worth it?

Can we build levels/worlds like Disney Infinity? Can we put the characters we buy as characters to interact with in our levels?
I'm thinking I'll wait until I can get it around 59.99 again and then I'll consider purchasing this game but I'm just not that into lego's but maybe I'll actually enjoy this game.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#285 Posted: 16:10:53 28/12/2015
I just got the game for Christmas, and lemme say that I'm enjoying what I played so far. Every character feels like themselves, the story is pretty well written and sprinkled with good humor, and it's the classic LEGO gameplay we all know and love.

I only have two complaints about it:

1. Why does it need to be a toys to life game? Literally nothing would be different if they kept it to an in-game roster.

2. The vehicle/item instructions don't come with the pack. They're in-game, which I thought was pretty stupid.

And also, the next LEGO game's not Toys to Life, so what the heck.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:13 28/12/2015 by AdamGregory03
#286 Posted: 16:31:46 28/12/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
I just got the game for Christmas, and lemme say that I'm enjoying what I played so far. Every character feels like themselves, the story is pretty well written and sprinkled with good humor, and it's the classic LEGO gameplay we all know and love.

1. Why does it need to be a toys to life game? Literally nothing would be different if they kept it to an in-game roster.

2. The vehicle/item instructions don't come with the pack. They're in-game, which I thought was pretty stupid.

I would have enjoyed this game a lot more if it wasn't TTL. I have the game, but its been months since I've touched it. It has good ideas and I love some of the franchises, but its just so boring.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#287 Posted: 17:51:56 28/12/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

I actually like the idea behind #2. Being someone who's collected LEGOs for years, it saves space from having to save the instructions somewhere and keeps them saved somewhere digitally in case something happens and I can't locate them.

Still, I"m waiting for the price to go down before I buy, that price is a bit too steep for me.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#288 Posted: 23:44:25 01/01/2016
i ordered Lego Dimensions just now since Amazon still basically selling it for 59.99 for the PS4 version, 10 dollars off the simpsons pack making it under 20 dollars plus i had a 10% off both of them in addition to that.

So another question I guess is do these characters level up and what levels up with them? do they save to the chip itself like skylanders or are they saved to the account of the console like Disney Infinity?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:43 01/01/2016 by Street50
#289 Posted: 00:57:13 02/01/2016
They do not level up, and (as far as I know) there actually is nothing to save to the characters, because all they have are special abilities, and the money you collect is saved to your game, and in no way tied to a figure. The Character's vehicles and items, however, do have things saved on to them. You buy the upgrades (which are saved to the save file, meaning you can't upgrade something in save slot 1 to the final form, and expect the upgrades to be there on save slot 2) and then save it to the figure.
---
Dead
#290 Posted: 01:20:06 02/01/2016
They do not level up, and (as far as I know) there actually is nothing to save to the characters, because all they have are special abilities, and the money you collect is saved to your game, and in no way tied to a figure. The Character's vehicles and items, however, do have things saved on to them. You buy the upgrades (which are saved to the save file, meaning you can't upgrade something in save slot 1 to the final form, and expect the upgrades to be there on save slot 2) and then save it to the figure.

that's a bit disappointing. I thought that was one of the biggest appeals to TTL games that you do get to in little ways customize your own characters.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#291 Posted: 12:10:45 02/01/2016
So.
Regular Lego games which cost like $40 NZD
Or dimensions which is $200 NZD
I say regular games
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#292 Posted: 22:05:03 05/01/2016
So I got the Lego Dimensions finally yesterday and my feelings are mixed.
As I've mentioned plenty of times throughout this thread the moment Lego Dimensions was announced I'm not a huge Lego Fan. I'm not a fan of the games either, but the TTL games do have an appeal to me but usually with the idea of taking a character and making them my own, but as previously stated I'm backed away that nothing gets saved to the characters with no leveling up/upgrading outfits to collect etc.
Also a huge negative in my opinion is while I DID updates and all that to the game, the game seems to really dislike working past the title screen.
But I'm enjoying the limited but build interactive moments in the game. Putting these characters together was fun.
The whole running into a "paywall" every where also gets very annoying. But unlike Disney Infinity or Skylanders I don't feel at all interested in trying to collect them all in any way shape or form.
I really will only get characters I actually want, and thanks to bestbuy with gamersclub and the sale most characters coming down to 6 dollars this week I am pretty much picking all the characters I want tomorrow.

But I really wanted them to add in a skylanders storymode (which they did) and combine it with the building of Disney Infinity (why was this not in there?) it also feels it could have been so much more interactive rather then just giving you a few figures that have very minimal effect on the actual game and as said by a lot here just a lego's game. I will probably go through most of the game tomorrow, but overall what i've played I will say I'm at least having fun with the game but they could have done so much more.

I do hope that Now I have some investment in this series there is an actual sequel and they do get more interactive with these figures.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:14:23 05/01/2016 by Street50
#293 Posted: 00:06:39 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Fun Packs will be half off this next week at gamestop. Buying Cragger.
#294 Posted: 00:31:10 07/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

Both Gamestop and Bestbuy and if you have a gamersclub card even cheaper.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#295 Posted: 03:45:54 07/01/2016
Totally didn't know there was a Dimensions topic. This is, in my opinion, the best TTL game of 2015. Sunk 56 hours into the game and still nowhere near 100%. The games story was really lengthy, and all of the open worlds are a very decent size.

so many gold bricks to collect unlike last Lego games (though they're still good games).

I almost had me a Ghostbusters level pack today, but Target has it register locked. So can't wait until January 19th to grab wave 3. Few days after that, new X-Files episodes lol.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#296 Posted: 11:26:34 07/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

The email I received from gamestop said the fun packs are on sale until the end of the month
#297 Posted: 02:44:13 16/01/2016
Irategamer looking over apparent leaks over more LD waves. I'm curious to say the least. The ET (If it is him) pack could be interesting, especially it's world. Same for Harry Potter and (While I doubt it and even hope its not true) Adventure Time.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watc.h?v=vTqyWBJwyIQ[/youtube]
---
#298 Posted: 17:21:42 18/01/2016
Link doesn't work. heres the video
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#299 Posted: 16:36:57 19/01/2016
While I sit back and wait for Activision on when they will finally give us some new Skylanders, I'll sit back and chill with wave 3 Dimensions which came out today. Got all of wave 3. Time to build and play in an open world Gbostbusters expansion.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#300 Posted: 19:22:52 19/01/2016
Well, all my wave three figures are useless to me at the moment, because I'm on a (terrible) vacation, and I'm away from my Wii U. I'd put the sets together, but since lego made the decision to not to put the whole instructions in the sets (if there were no instructions, I could understand, but they make instructions for JUST the mini figures, which in my opinion, is 100% pointless) and lego.com hasn't updated (yet they do have the pages for the characters).
---
Dead
First | Previous | Page 6 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me