Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
Page 1 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 14:42:52 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Quote: Press Release
For the first time in any LEGO videogame, characters from iconic entertainment franchises join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own. In addition to the game, the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack will include the LEGO Toy Pad, which allows players to transport special LEGO minifigures and other LEGO objects into the game, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, three LEGO Minifigures, including LEGO BatmanTM from DC Comics, LEGO Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings and Wyldstyle from The LEGO Movie, plus the LEGO Batmobile.
In addition to the three minifigure heroes used to start the experience, LEGO Dimensions will allow gamers to customize their experience with additional expansion packs. Highly collectible Level Packs, Team Packs and Fun Packs will provide new buildable characters, vehicles, tools and gadgets, as well as compelling game content with new mission-based levels and unique in-game abilities. All expansion packs will feature well-known properties and provide gamers the opportunity to use everything interchangeably, anywhere throughout the game – with no limitations.

A small sample of packs available in 2015 include the Back to the Future Level Pack with a LEGO Marty McFly minifigure, a LEGO Ninjago Team Pack with Kai and Cole minifigures, three Ninjago Fun Packs with Jay, Nya and Zane minifigures, two DC Comics Fun Packs with Wonder Woman and Cyborg minifigures, three The Lord of the Rings Fun Packs with LEGO Gollum, LEGO Gimli and LEGO Legolas minifigures, four The LEGO Movie Fun packs with Emmet, Bad Cop, Benny and Unikitty characters, and a The Wizard of Oz Fun Pack with a LEGO Wicked Witch of the West minifigure. Additional packs to round out the 2015 assortment will be announced in the months leading to launch. Further waves of expansion packs will be released regularly following the launch of the game and into 2016.

Quote: TRU
An Extreme Cross-Over. For the first time in any LEGO videogame, characters from a mix of the best brands in the universe join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own.
Keep Expanding. By purchasing additional expansion packs, you can grow your collection with a variety of your favorite brands to create even more crazy combinations.
More is Better. Bring up to 7 characters, vehicles and weapons into the game all at once by dropping them on the LEGO Gateway for the most exciting and action-filled game around
Play Alone or with a Friend. Let your imagination guide your solo journey or have a friend join the adventure with co-operative, drop-in/out play.
The Starter Pack Will Last. One LEGO Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come. No compatibility chart necessary.

sweet jesus. this game looms amazing.

[User Posted Image]

Also on XBONE, 360, PS3, and PS4. no wii.

http://www.lego.com/en-us/dime...ensionsNewVideo
Edited 18 times - Last edited at 16:20:37 20/10/2017 by ZapNorris
#2 Posted: 14:46:08 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
WAVES

[User Posted Image]

WAVE 1-

STARTER PACK- Batman, Gandolf, WyldStyle, Batmobile, base, game

FUN PACKS-

Unikitty
Benny
Emmet
Wicked Witch Of The West
Bad Cop
Gimili
Zane
Nya
Gollum
Legolas
Cyborg
Wonder Woman
Laval
Eris
Cragger
Bart Simpson
Krusty The Clown

TEAM PACKS-

Ninjago Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack

LEVEL PACKS-

Back To The Future
The Simpsons
Portal 2
Doctor Who

WAVE 2-

FUN PACKS-

Lloyd
Sensei Wu
Bane
Aquaman
Superman
Doc. Brown

TEAM PACKS-

Joker + Harley Quinn
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:49:23 21/05/2015 by ZapNorris
#3 Posted: 14:47:16 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
RESERVED FOR OTHER

until then, here's marty mcfly, the wicked witch, and gollum.

[User Posted Image]
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4 Posted: 14:52:02 09/04/2015
So that makes 4 major companies now...

1. Acti and Skylanders
2. Disney with Infinity
3. Nintendo and amiibo
4. Legos with Dimensions
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#5 Posted: 14:54:20 09/04/2015
Goodbye all the money I have.

I shall be collecting everything they have of this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:22 09/04/2015 by Wreckingball13
#6 Posted: 14:55:32 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wreckingball13
Goodbye all the money I have.

goodbye, money. Goodbye, life.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 14:58:38 09/04/2015
Seems interesting, but with the way LEGO prices their sets, this would be an extremely expensive investment for us collectors who want "everything."
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#8 Posted: 14:59:38 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Seems interesting, but with the way LEGO prices their sets, this would be an extremely expensive investment for us collectors who want "everything."

yeah, the starter is 100 bucks.

proof: http://www.toysrus.com/product...ductId=62106686
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#9 Posted: 15:01:05 09/04/2015
So while I don't care about Lego's I do think this is could be the first real competition for Skylanders.

I don't see Disney infinity being actual competition because it still always just feels like a party game and there is no actual storyline and it's hard to find a single player aspect to it. I HOPE THIS changes but I do not see Disney Infinity selling in stores even close to Skylanders. If they were to keep the creative aspect they have with the game BUT give an actual storyline then it might actually be better then Skylanders.

Amiibo is kinda the same deal though it doesn't need to try, they WILL just sell even to those who don't even have a nintendo console. But i don't consider it competition because the amiibo's don't really do anything yet from my stand point other then to give you a rival that usually ends up getting super cheap. I haven't gotten fully into Amiibo and only interested in collecting the characters I LOVE. But I really do hope nintendo expands and does eventually do something close to a skylanders adventure with them.

Lego's seems to be the legit competition.. I just personally never cared for Legos.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#10 Posted: 15:01:35 09/04/2015
I most likely won't be getting the game, but maybe 1 or even 2 packs just because I like LEGO.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#11 Posted: 15:03:35 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
This looms pretty good... my wallet shall go die now.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 15:11:10 09/04/2015
Disney Infinity is nothing more than open world players with different scenery. No overall story. It appeals more to diehard Disney and Minecraft fans.

Amiibos are for scalpers who are out to milk diehard Nintendo fans for their money. They only unlock crap in games.

And now we have Lego Dimensions. I applaud TT for making a game with an overall story like Skylanders has. Seems all characters in Dimensions will work in all worlds based on my assumptions, meaning it will kick DI's butt until it's black and blue.

I personally can't wait to play Dimensions if it's as good as I think it'll be, but Skylanders will always be top priority, due to new characters instead of using properties that are well known.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#13 Posted: 15:11:58 09/04/2015
Sigh...

I love Lego I love the movie, I had Legos as a kid (Mainly the Dinosaur ones) and hot damn I love their video games, but I really doubt I'll get this. I'm already occupied with Skylanders, Disney Infinity (Though, I barely get characters, I want to get the rest of the Guardians and Avengers then that's it), amiibo (Favorites only)

I love the idea and probably would get it if it wasn't another Toys to Life game. It's just too much money for me to spend and I'd rather focus on Skylanders.

I'm not surprised you like this Zap, you love your Toys to Life games and toys over all.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#14 Posted: 15:13:21 09/04/2015
Welp, there goes myself collecting Skylanders, and Disney Infinity anymore.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#15 Posted: 15:19:10 09/04/2015
lol this is awesome. Now Skylanders REALLY needs to step up their game. More competition is only good for us. I hope V.V. has a serious Ace in the hole for Sky 5....they're gonna need it.

More info. here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/20...lego-dimensions

Extended Trailer:

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:03:35 09/04/2015 by Tigorus
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#16 Posted: 15:19:57 09/04/2015
I went ahead and preordered it just because it still might have a fun aspect to it. But Skylanders for me of course has top priority. I rather my characters actually looking like something other then a bunch of bricks.
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#17 Posted: 15:28:24 09/04/2015
What I want to know is will this game be like Skylanders and be a complete game that can be played all the way through with any amount of toys or if it's like Disney Infinity
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#18 Posted: 15:41:22 09/04/2015
This is too much! I'm sure my son will want the new Skylanders game, but he's obsessed with Legos, right now. We might have to make a choice between the two, and I'm afraid this might win out. I just showed it to my wife, and she said she wants this instead. It looks like you even have to build the portal/gate, and all the playing pieces. And I really want that Back to the Future set! Argh! I'd say this is real competition for sure. It really will depend on how much all of it is. But to buy a Lego set that interacts with a video game? That sounds like a great concept, but I'm afraid to see the prices. Before Infinity 2.0 was announced, I had hoped we would get a toys-to-life Marvel game, but that seems dashed with Infinity 2.0. I still had a bit of hope that they would either release another game or expand on the uses of the Infinity figures, but with this Lego game, I'm afraid my limit will be reached. I'm not even sure if Skylanders 5 will make it into our house, now.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 15:41:40 09/04/2015
Are Portal Masters Dead? Where's GamerGate?

You guys want to know what Sky 5 will be? Just play the previous entries...reheated boredom coming our way. Personally I think jumping ship to a competitor is going to be required to get a "fresh" feeling.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:45:14 09/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#20 Posted: 15:54:49 09/04/2015
Doom and gloom! Skylanders is dooomed to faiil!Competitors are bound to win! Everyone panic!

Let's keep saying these things in a freaking Skylanders forum until everyone is converted to the one true negativity.

Or you can just play what you can afford and pick what you like the way you like,instead of following someone who acts like they never liked the franchise in the first place.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21 Posted: 15:55:11 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
The bttf set is 25 bucks. Kill me now
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#22 Posted: 16:04:04 09/04/2015
The worst thing about this is that these look like normal legos attached to blue bases. These could be the first articulated Toys to Life figures made and its by Lego. This truly may be the true competition for Skylanders and this company has been around for years already.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#23 Posted: 16:09:40 09/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

I'm buying everything that comes out for this game.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#24 Posted: 16:32:52 09/04/2015
This game looks really cool, but... wow, 100 bucks for this? I mean, I kinda get it, with the actual Lego parts.

The pricing isn't that awful all considering, that amount of parts would usually cost around 30 bucks as an actual Lego set, with the video game and the extra stuff I guess. I'm gonna bet that the prices for the packs will be fairly cheap all considered. The BttF pack is 25 bucks, but so are the SKylander level packs. Character packs will probably be 10 bucks, and team packs might end up costing 15.

Yeah, gonna consider getting a lot of stuff for this.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#25 Posted: 16:35:41 09/04/2015
https://imgur.com/a/x95Az

More pictures showing sets.

While I doubt I'm going to get this, I am interested. Time will tell wither I get it or not.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:04 09/04/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#26 Posted: 16:42:15 09/04/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
The bttf set is 25 bucks.

The Skylanders adventure packs are also $25 (I think).

Unless the sets (not including level packs) are actually unique, I probably won't be getting much. Most LEGO games only give each character 1-2 different moves, and most share 1-2 of those moves with another character (for example, all of the Jedi Knights. There are newer examples, but I can't think of any right now). If the Green Ninja costed £3-5 and have the same moveset from The LEGO Movie Game, then it wouldn't be worth it IMO (if that does happen).
---
You can't handle MEMES
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#27 Posted: 16:42:43 09/04/2015
pfft not interested

wait, it has Ninjago too?

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#28 Posted: 17:00:25 09/04/2015
Oh geez.... I want Marty McFly.... & Cyborg.... and some of those Ninjago....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#29 Posted: 17:39:39 09/04/2015

And I'm out. Nope.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#30 Posted: 18:12:45 09/04/2015
This is quite interesting that we now have a fourth competitor in the TTL genre and I expect Sony and MSFT to get in on the action when it's probably too late at some point. Considering how well done the Lego games are in terms of adding story to their overall games, I think that Skylanders will finally have a true competitor. DI was a decent start and I feel like DI2.0 ruined all that with less emphasis on the variety of story packs and more on the build mode which also got boring fast and I owned that game twice since release.

If they can get the price to under $100 for the start set and I'm talking about in the $70-80 range, then I will consider this. The Lego brand sells itself and I see what some of these sets cost at the Lego store and TRU where parents are dropping money on the sets like its no issue. For this game to be somewhat competitive it also needs to be priced a bit better IMO.

Now for Sky5, I am hoping that VV and Activision are being smart with this game and not doing stupid things again where we have to spend a crapload of money to get Trap Masters and Traps on top of also getting several core figures like we did in TT. Hopefully they don't make it convoluted in Sky5 because I can see people moving on for sure.
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#31 Posted: 20:57:32 09/04/2015
Can you build the legos and it appears in the game?
---
Team Hot Dog!
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#32 Posted: 21:05:54 09/04/2015
I'm not really sure how it works . Is 1 brick in each set unlocking the content ? Or do all the bricks have a marker?

It looks like the Lego isn't important , you can just use the charscter/ vehicle base to play the game.

Will we be able to make unique things in real life and transfer them in? Coz that is kind of what I expect from Lego. The purpose of Lego is to be able to create anything you want, if it's controlled by the exact sets you buy it kinda of feels really limited to me.

swap force at least had in game effects from mixing characters.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:31:36 09/04/2015 by wild_defender
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#33 Posted: 21:08:40 09/04/2015
I'll probably try to get it Black Friday.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#34 Posted: 21:48:50 09/04/2015
And you have to build the portal. RIP when you lose some bricks.
---
words. letters. filler.
#35 Posted: 21:59:51 09/04/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

That's what I'm Talking about , iether the bricks are all functional ( which means when you lose them , you lose them! ) or the bricks arnt functional ( and they actually don't matter so the toy bases are the only important thing game wise ) .

are lounge rooms going to be littered with random Lego pieces everywhere ?. Will we all have to glue the portal together so nothing breaks off ?
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#36 Posted: 22:01:33 09/04/2015
Quote: Matteomax

And I'm out. Nope.

lol $25 for an Adventure/Play Set and you're out lol...sarcasm?
#37 Posted: 23:23:46 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Disney infinity's about to ****ing DIE.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#38 Posted: 00:15:57 10/04/2015

EB Australia have it up as $49.95 for pre order and the starter is $169.95

Also the portal looks like a Stargate. Gimme Lego Teal'C now.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#39 Posted: 01:18:05 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
HOLY CRAP
#40 Posted: 01:35:04 10/04/2015
That's because Australia money is dumb, like how Canada money is dumb.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#41 Posted: 01:37:28 10/04/2015
yeah the Australian prices are ridiculous, sure its EB games and they're like our most expensive store. Target or jbhifi will prob have the starter for 150$ or something . but thats still ridiuclous!!! ive aleways been able to find the new skylanders for like $60-70 on release week.

im thinking it may be a one time game and then they just continue to release expansion packs coz not many people can buy a game that costs that much 2 years in a row.

i just dont see parents risking that much money on a game(at least in Australia) unless they know their kids are gonna absolutely love it and play it for 6 months. youll get the hard core lego and lego game fans easily. but for an average gamer or a kid saving up his money to buy a game, thats way too much money.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:00 10/04/2015 by wild_defender
somePerson Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8399
#42 Posted: 01:54:35 10/04/2015
All they need is Marvel Lego sets and they will get all of the money.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#43 Posted: 02:03:58 10/04/2015

I know the allure of legos is building, so I get having to build the toys you use. Just seems backwards I would have to pay $100 to build a toy to use in a game that is basically digital content. Now, if your creation comes to alive in the game, then yeah, I'd say it would be legitimate competition.

Prices on the surface of it...expensive. I'd obviously need to know more to see if it's justified. Not really into the Legos building and such, but I know the kids loved the movie. Will be interesting to gauge their interest level. I feed off their enthusiasm, as my soul was removed long ago.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:48 10/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#44 Posted: 02:12:48 10/04/2015
So basically, cashing in on the Lego movie's popularity before the sequel happens? (With the Lego movie already being an Advertisement Movie)

Money hungry goons >.<
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#45 Posted: 02:15:30 10/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

I know the allure of legos is building, so I get having to build the toys you use. Just seems backwards I would have to pay $100 to build a toy to use in a game that is basically digital content. Now, if your creation comes to alive in the game, then yeah, I'd say it would be legitimate competition.

Prices on the surface of it...expensive. I'd obviously need to know more to see if it's justified. Not really into the Legos building and such, but I know the kids loved the movie. Will be interesting to gauge their interest level. I feed off their enthusiasm, as my soul was removed long ago.

It doesn't seem that's a thing. While you can build an official vehicle from the game I doubt make your own creation.
---
#46 Posted: 02:31:45 10/04/2015
Quote: Windumup
So basically, cashing in on the Lego movie's popularity before the sequel happens? (With the Lego movie already being an Advertisement Movie)

Money hungry goons >.<

Guessin you didn't go see The Lego Movie.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#47 Posted: 02:38:53 10/04/2015
This happens all the time. Popular kids movies get license rights to developers to create games based on the movie. Why not create a movie based on an already popular toy and then in turn make a game out of it? Not a far reach considering the Lego games are already popular.

And for a kid's movie, the Lego Movie had something for all family members, and I'm sure mom and dad (if they did Legos) spread their enthusiasm to their kids. It's all good.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:53 10/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#48 Posted: 03:18:20 10/04/2015
Oh no. It is happening. I don't even have any of these consoles and I still want this. >.<
---
Spread those positive vibes
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#49 Posted: 03:23:07 10/04/2015
Quote: Windumup

Money hungry goons >.<

I guess you don't know how the marketing world works.
---
words. letters. filler.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#50 Posted: 03:24:25 10/04/2015
Jesus, it's so expensive, but I need that BTTF set sO BAD.

I even got the actual DeLorean set when it came out for 50 bucks, just GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY.
Also, I demand Green Lantern be put in this game.
Page 1 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me