Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Make Disrespecting Staff Against The Rules
Page 1 of 1
Make Disrespecting Staff Against The Rules [CLOSED]
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 20:47:54 04/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Some people repeatedly disrespect the staff of darkSpyro. I think that, considering they make the forum kid friendly all by themselves by getting rid of rule breakers, it should be made against the rules to disrespect the staff in anyway. Before anyone says that this would be insane because then the mods could do anything to anyone who disagreed with them, disagreeing with a mod, wouldn't be considered disrespect. That is all.

Allow Me To Clairafy What Disrespecting Is
1. Trolling a mod
2. Talking in a demeaning manor about a mod
3. Arguing about what a mod did (Ie. You got temp baned and as soon as you got back you PMed the mod in an aggravated tone about what they did)

These wouldn't be counted as disrespectful
1. Claiming that a mod wasn't doing there job correctly multiple times (Ie. They delete anything that goes against their opinions)
2. Disagreeing about an opinion
Etc
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:50 04/04/2015 by ninja9351
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 20:57:33 04/04/2015
I, too, think that moderators need special rules to protect them against the big meanies.[/sarcasm]

Seriously, if someone says something that requires moderator action, then it shouldn't matter if the individual being spoken to/about is a moderator or otherwise - no one on here is so precious that they need special rules to protect them.

If you want to make propose a rule that says "Disrespecting other people" is against the rules, then I suggest making it pretty clear what "disrespect" consists of.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:46 04/04/2015 by UncleBob
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 21:04:18 04/04/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Some people repeatedly disrespect the staff of darkSpyro. I think that, considering they make the forum kid friendly all by themselves by getting rid of rule breakers, it should be made against the rules to disrespect the staff in anyway. Before anyone says that this would be insane because then the mods could do anything to anyone who disagreed with them, disagreeing with a mod, wouldn't be considered disrespect. That is all.

There are some users who simply don't respect the staff and ignore their warnings just to do their own thing, or simply just yell at them for pointing out the rules they break. One recent scenario was when a user kept posting the same spam topic the forum mods told the users of that area not to do, and that user posted the topic five times in a row anyway after each were removed. When his topic was removed by a mod, he posted another and another, and he was fully aware that he was going against the warnings of the moderators just to do his own thing.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:45 04/04/2015 by Aura24
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 21:12:18 04/04/2015
Well that's what long(1 day,a week) tempbans are for. It's too easy for a rogue mod to manipulate and could easily lead to trouble.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 21:28:01 04/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I edited the post a bit.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 21:35:06 04/04/2015
It's still the very same mods judging that. Unless Dark can make it something only he can ban/warn on grounds of, it's still a lot of possiblity to exploit.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#7 Posted: 21:59:51 04/04/2015
I don't really see that as necessary, especially when it's already explicitly stated that serious trolling and flaming isn't allowed. Not only that, but users should be reported if they're harassing anyone, regardless of how new to the site they are. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#8 Posted: 23:05:48 04/04/2015
So basically the no harassing rule right?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 05:24:03 05/04/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I, too, think that moderators need special rules to protect them against the big meanies.[/sarcasm]

Seriously, if someone says something that requires moderator action, then it shouldn't matter if the individual being spoken to/about is a moderator or otherwise - no one on here is so precious that they need special rules to protect them.

If you want to make propose a rule that says "Disrespecting other people" is against the rules, then I suggest making it pretty clear what "disrespect" consists of.

Pretty much this.

Mods don't need special rules protecting them when it's their job to enforce the rules for everyone. If someone is flaming or harassing someone it doesn't make a difference if it's a user or a mod; it's breaking the rules all the same.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#10 Posted: 02:20:48 06/04/2015
A person is a person no matter what nobody needs special rules.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me