Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Clear Short Cut & Thunderbolt Bundles on Gamestop
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Clear Short Cut & Thunderbolt Bundles on Gamestop [CLOSED]
Redoscar Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#1 Posted: 17:03:44 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.gamestop.com/access...r-bundle/121102

http://www.gamestop.com/access...r-bundle/121103

They keep going up then coming down.

You have to buy 10 figures though.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2 Posted: 18:28:07 03/04/2015
Sold out.
---
bye
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 18:35:25 03/04/2015
You're.. kidding me.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 18:40:25 03/04/2015
Quote: Matteomax
You're.. kidding me.

the fact they could get random bundles up and not the W4 amiibo + Ness they TWEETED TO THE PUBLIC WOULD BE ONLINE pisses me off.
#5 Posted: 18:44:59 03/04/2015
Of course, the TWO figures I needed.. they put up this early. Screw it, calling to complain to corporate, as fruitless as it may be.
---
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#6 Posted: 18:46:37 03/04/2015
I ordered them just for the HECK of it ! I'll return what I dont want ! Keep REFRESHING the page is how i got them BOTH !
---
#7 Posted: 18:48:21 03/04/2015
The question is; what time did you get them?

There goes half of my day. Time to sit here with my auto refresher and page update checker..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:15 03/04/2015 by Matteomax
#8 Posted: 18:51:00 03/04/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
You're.. kidding me.

the fact they could get random bundles up and not the W4 amiibo + Ness they TWEETED TO THE PUBLIC WOULD BE ONLINE pisses me off.

I was able to get the Amiibo bundle in store First in line as well as Greninja from TRU & Jigglypuff from Target,both of these quick clicks on the mouse. Actually got 2 of each coming ! I NEVER even opened a Amiibo yet alone any other game I have other than MK8 !
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:47 03/04/2015 by crstofer
#9 Posted: 18:57:36 03/04/2015
..Yeah, looks like these aren't showing up again.

And this is why I hate GameStop with a passion.

And, of course, customer service is being smothered to death with calls.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:28 03/04/2015 by Matteomax
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#10 Posted: 20:56:55 03/04/2015
Sorry those of you who wanted these couldn't get in on them, but a TEN Trapmaster bundle???? GameStop should be ashamed of themselves. We'll give you something rare, but only if you buy these 9 other figures which you probably already have! Thanks, but no thanks! At GameStop, it's all scalper fodder meant to move merchandise...scalpers will make out by selling the bundle parts and/or returning unwanted stuff to stores and the fact remains that GameStop just denied collectors the opportunity to randomly find these as prize figures in stores like they're meant to be.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#11 Posted: 21:26:30 03/04/2015
There goes half of my day. Time to sit here with my auto refresher and page update checker..

[User Posted Image]
It'll be worth it in the end though, when you finally get that package with the clear variants.
I'm doing the exact same thing right now with the splatoon & amiibo bundle - it's times like these when you ask yourself - "what am I doing with my life?".
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 21:47:18 03/04/2015
^Excellent observation.

Well, at $160, that's actually more than what the figure is getting on average. So really no loss here. Not sure how I missed this thread--I was able to get the Tuff Luck though.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:55 03/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 21:47:48 03/04/2015
Quote: crstofer
I ordered them just for the HECK of it ! I'll return what I dont want ! Keep REFRESHING the page is how i got them BOTH !

Employees are supposed to not accept returns of bundle items if the bundle is not complete. Sometimes they list the items individually on the packing slip, so it will slip through I've heard sometimes if the employee isn't aware of the bundle. But if you are planning to return eighteen Trap Masters I've got a good feeling they are going to be asking questions. Oh and those bundles are almost complete overlaps with the clears being alternated, so you will have two of everything on top of your other ones if they don't go for it.

$320 for two chase variants doesn't seem like a terrible deal though, particularly since you have a bunch of other figures to customize, use for alternate paths, give as presents, etc.
#14 Posted: 21:59:42 03/04/2015
I have the BOTH of them already ! I was getting my Amiibos when this came thru ! I'm debating on just cancelling anyways ! I'll get the last figures of trap team then I'll be DONE with skylanders. My 5 year old NO LONGER has any interest in the game @ all. Amiibos are drawing him in !
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:05:15 04/04/2015 by crstofer
#15 Posted: 22:28:14 03/04/2015
Woo! Got the Thunderbolt bundle! Now I can finally rest.. not really, since Short Cut has yet to show up.

I've been waiting so long (over-exaggeration, I know) to get Clear Thunderbolt. Happy that I don't have to constantly walk into TRU every 3-4 days just to look through the 4 boxes they have.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:31:50 03/04/2015 by Matteomax
#16 Posted: 22:34:35 03/04/2015
Congrats ! "Matt"
---
#17 Posted: 22:36:00 03/04/2015
Congrats ! "Matt"

c:

Now, at least I have a few hours to kill. Time to watch the pages closely.

Thunderbolt JUST sold out around 1 minute ago.
---
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#18 Posted: 22:42:49 03/04/2015
Well... I would go for it... since thunderbolt is still available... but I dont like either of them enough to dish out $160 right now. especially since I just moved and need that money for bills. Good luck everyone else in getting some
#19 Posted: 23:21:56 03/04/2015
"Matt" !

Short Cut is like getting a jigglypuff amiibo from Target.com ! LOL ! I just helped a friend get the ThunderBolt bundle !

"f5" to the rescue !
---
#20 Posted: 23:31:54 03/04/2015
Wow, Thunderbolt seems to be in much larger quantities than Short Cut. Odd, considering the fact that there are more Short Cuts on eBay compared to TB.

Either that, or Short Cut completely sold out because of his popularity.
---
#21 Posted: 23:36:30 03/04/2015
My friend is going to let his pc "refresh" and monitor the page for updates over the next couple of hours as he did thunderbolt then he said its a wash ! Guud luck and let me know if it comes thru ! He get it before u ! LOL !!
---
#22 Posted: 23:51:50 03/04/2015
if i had the cash i'd but the short cut one, keep Crystal cut and thunderbolt, make a custom out of blastermind, and sell wallop and knight mare..
#23 Posted: 23:53:25 03/04/2015
if i had the cash i'd but the short cut one, keep Crystal cut and thunderbolt, make a custom out of blastermind, and sell wallop and knight mare..

Gusto, Knight Light, Jawbreaker, Ka-Boom and Tuff Luck are in the bundle, too.
---
#24 Posted: 23:57:59 03/04/2015

Gusto, Knight Light, Jawbreaker, Ka-Boom and Tuff Luck are in the bundle, too.

I'd do something with gusto, tuff luck, ka-boom, and jawbreaker, and keep the NIB Knight Light.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#25 Posted: 00:46:22 04/04/2015
You can take bundles back just replace clears with normal figures ...and tell GameStop employees they were shipped that way...no clears...and that's why you are returning them...works every time... I my self already bought mine off eBay... $150 each...should have waited...but with them running the clear tuff bundle... I didn't think they would do a bundle on these...like swap force doom stone and stink bomb! And no trap shadow ...O well
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:58 04/04/2015 by DAWNOFWAR
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#26 Posted: 01:10:46 04/04/2015
It amazes me how many of you cried foul when you heard they were doing this, then cried foul again when you couldn't order one of these bundles off their website.

And now you're literally encouraging return fraud by returning incomplete bundles to the store after you intentionally remove pieces from it. You all really should be ashamed. You're setting a horrible example for our younger members.

I'm all for "sticking it to the man" attitudes, but you're literally talking about stealing from a company who sold you a product you agreed to purchase.

Hunters, I'm calling you out. Please, we keep to curb this mentality.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#27 Posted: 01:36:21 04/04/2015
No they GameStop, set them self's up for this...sending out regular figures in bundles when they ran out of chase figures...happens every time!
#28 Posted: 01:52:53 04/04/2015
That is not the same thing.

When they run out of chase characters for the bundles and send the wrong piece, that is legitimate cause for a return by the customer. What you're advocating is serious return fraud. That is one of the major contributions to employers cutting costs by laying folks off.
---
Unique Character roster:
#29 Posted: 02:01:01 04/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
It amazes me how many of you cried foul when you heard they were doing this, then cried foul again when you couldn't order one of these bundles off their website.

And now you're literally encouraging return fraud by returning incomplete bundles to the store after you intentionally remove pieces from it. You all really should be ashamed. You're setting a horrible example for our younger members.

I'm all for "sticking it to the man" attitudes, but you're literally talking about stealing from a company who sold you a product you agreed to purchase.

Hunters, I'm calling you out. Please, we keep to curb this mentality.

Who appointed you morality police? Can you please define how returning figures brand new at $16 each is return fraud if the store accepts them? It is wrong to go about it by saying you never got a clear figure (which may be construed as fraud), but if a store willingly accepts a return of other figures from their own website store without any lies told, that's manager discretion at the store level and to some degree fostering customer service loyalty. They're going to sell it at their normally inflated everyday prices regardless. And next time before you use the word "stealing," please look it up in a dictionary first. I'm not condoning the practice, but as I mentioned long ago in the clear Tuff Luck bundle thread (I never got one myself), people should go about their own business when it comes to crossing a gray line in returning bundles rather than boast about it in an online forum so that morality police can chime in and try to tell them right from wrong.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:42 04/04/2015 by mastermc54
#30 Posted: 03:39:06 04/04/2015
Wow, Thunderbolt seems to be in much larger quantities than Short Cut. Odd, considering the fact that there are more Short Cuts on eBay compared to TB.

Either that, or Short Cut completely sold out because of his popularity.

No, I'd say given eBay short cut got the bigger end of the straw. Frankly, I think people are meh over Thunderbolt.

Quote: ShinkenRed

defpally has spoken truth. Let em try. Let em sulk and cry when they eat $90+ for figures they already have (and really, MSRP on rares alone make this a fair purchase, think of it as getting 9 skylanders free) or get put on a ban list to order from.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:42:08 04/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#31 Posted: 04:39:43 04/04/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Who appointed you morality police? Can you please define how returning figures brand new at $16 each is return fraud if the store accepts them? It is wrong to go about it by saying you never got a clear figure (which may be construed as fraud), but if a store willingly accepts a return of other figures from their own website store without any lies told, that's manager discretion at the store level and to some degree fostering customer service loyalty. They're going to sell it at their normally inflated everyday prices regardless. And next time before you use the word "stealing," please look it up in a dictionary first. I'm not condoning the practice, but as I mentioned long ago in the clear Tuff Luck bundle thread (I never got one myself), people should go about their own business when it comes to crossing a gray line in returning bundles rather than boast about it in an online forum so that morality police can chime in and try to tell them right from wrong.

You are condoning it. I bolded that part for you.

Because it is against the law. It is return fraud to return an item with a receipt for a different item (the suggestion to replace the clear with a regular) - and that is STEALING, no matter which dictionary you use - you took a valuable item and replaced it with a much less valuable item. Or returning a bundle minus the most valuable item and expecting full return value from everything else (not illegal, but it is specifically against their return policy http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/returns.aspx fifth bullet point). Just because you can get away with it does not make it moral. And yes, it is pretty crappy to defend that on a forum frequented by minors.

If you do not like Gamestop's policy of bundling chase variants your alternative is to not purchase it - not use deception and then call it all good because you convinced the low paid retail worker to do it. I'm definitely on board with calling out corporate greed, but I'm not about to go con them for stuff and consider it making things square. And I'm not going to just "mind my business" if I see someone else doing it.

That's one of the problems in this country, people determined morals by what they can get away with instead of what is right and what is wrong. Character is determined by how you behave when no one is looking.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:41:57 04/04/2015 by defpally
#32 Posted: 05:32:54 04/04/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: mastermc54

You are condoning it. I bolded that part for you.

Because it is against the law. It is return fraud to return an item with a receipt for a different item (the suggestion to replace the clear with a regular) - and that is STEALING, no matter which dictionary you use - you took a valuable item and replaced it with a much less valuable item. Or returning a bundle minus the most valuable item and expecting full return value from everything else (not illegal, but it is specifically against their return policy http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/returns.aspx fifth bullet point). Just because you can get away with it does not make it moral. And yes, it is pretty crappy to defend that on a forum frequented by minors.

If you do not like Gamestop's policy of bundling chase variants your alternative is to not purchase it - not use deception and then call it all good because you convinced the low paid retail worker to do it. I'm definitely on board with calling out corporate greed, but I'm not about to go con them for stuff and consider it making things square. And I'm not going to just "mind my business" if I see someone else doing it.

That's one of the problems in this country, people determined morals by what they can get away with instead of what is right and what is wrong. Character is determined by how you behave when no one is looking.

Obviously, you don't know how to read there bud. Maybe people like you who lack reading skills are what is wrong in this country. I was talking about the other figures in the bundle and I clearly said it is not right to go in the store and claim you never got a clear figure. Go back and read rather than getting on a pedestal with a rant based on misinformation...line 3 of my post if you're a little lost...or should I bold it for you?
#33 Posted: 06:56:53 04/04/2015
I appreciate the support, defpally. You're right about people determining morals by what they can get away with. We see this sort of thing happen all the time on these boards.

People doing return frauds from every season of Gamestop bundles.

People reporting that eBayers stole their goods by replacing less valuable items(The case I'm referring to was someone selling a Gnarley during Giants BEFORE it got a single release. Buyer put a regular Tree Rex in the box and said the seller sent the wrong item. Seller was out cost of the product, the product itself, and shipping).

I won't drop the name but I'm sure people will recognize this story: We had a user buy stuff from Best Buy during SSA so he could amass dozens of free Volcanic Vaults, then he returned all the bought stuff the following week but kept the Vaults. He used to post pictures of his stack of loot with comments like "Hoarding 'em all!"

I think we need a morality segment on this forum. Just something that says we won't condone spreading ways to abuse a company's return policy or something to that effect.
---
Unique Character roster:
#34 Posted: 17:29:42 04/04/2015
"Matt",

Was ya able to get ur "Short Cut Bundle"? LOL !
---
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#35 Posted: 17:33:23 04/04/2015
Speaking of the volcanic vault, that is one of the only somewhat general release that my son is missing.
#36 Posted: 17:36:30 04/04/2015
"Matt",

Was ya able to get ur "Short Cut Bundle"? LOL !

Nope. Kinda annoyed about it, but ah well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:22 04/04/2015 by Matteomax
tsnowman Blue Sparx Gems: 864
#37 Posted: 17:44:24 04/04/2015
I just got a thunderbolt bundle thx!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#38 Posted: 17:51:23 04/04/2015
Quote: TTD
[snip...]

[User Posted Image]

This seems more accurate.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#39 Posted: 05:56:08 05/04/2015
when gamestop sold the other rares like the gold doomstone without bundles it was fine but when they started doing this for trap team i think activision should revoke exlusive character rights from them for pulling this bs. sorry but i don't think a retailler should be allowed to do such things when they get shipments in of characters just to try and boost sales by forcing people to buy more. whole point of them is to find them in the wild mixed with others. yet gamestop takes advantage of that. its nice of the op to point out the bundles but due to the ridiculousness in price i wouldn't bother even if they were in stock
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#40 Posted: 06:59:19 05/04/2015
Quote: tigerdr
when gamestop sold the other rares like the gold doomstone without bundles it was fine but when they started doing this for trap team i think activision should revoke exlusive character rights from them for pulling this bs. sorry but i don't think a retailler should be allowed to do such things when they get shipments in of characters just to try and boost sales by forcing people to buy more. whole point of them is to find them in the wild mixed with others. yet gamestop takes advantage of that. its nice of the op to point out the bundles but due to the ridiculousness in price i wouldn't bother even if they were in stock

This! Very much!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#41 Posted: 15:49:46 05/04/2015
Quote: tigerdr

OK, I'm going to pull the same stunt when folks complain there's too many characters: "No one is forcing you to buy it..." feel free to buy it on eBay or somewhere else cheaper...if you can.. Fact is you're basically paying retail for 10 figures. Even if you sell the other 9 you don't need at half retail you're getting a 50% discount off MSRP off the rare price. So not sure what the big problem is. If you went on eBay today and buy the rare you would spend EXACTLY the same amount except the other 9 figures wouldn't be included. What a no brainer.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:52:44 05/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
Secretsof2113 Blue Sparx Gems: 842
#42 Posted: 04:45:49 06/04/2015
Sadly this is something that Gamestop has been doing since the very beginning of the Skylanders franchise. I had read something that they were told NOT to continue this when Giants came out. When people ask me about chase variants, I flat out tell them that this happens, and it's why you will never find one at Gamestop. A buddy of mine who works at Toys R Us just managed to get me both Short Cut and Thunderbolt in their clear variants, so I'm pretty stoked to get those next week!
#43 Posted: 04:49:43 06/04/2015
Quote: Secretsof2113
[...] and it's why you will never find one at Gamestop. A buddy of mine who works at Toys R Us just managed to get me both Short Cut and Thunderbolt in their clear variants[...]

...and this is why you'll never find one at Toys R Us - employees hoard them for their friends. ;)
#44 Posted: 05:16:55 06/04/2015
I worked for Toys R Us for four years and I opened nearly every case of Skylanders we got between the launch of Spyro's Adventure and the end of Swap Force (I left for another job just before Trap Team) and in my four years, I only found two variants. Flocked Spring Trigger Happy(Which as I understand, every US TRU got one) and a Flocked White LC Prism Break. Prism Break was actually one of the few boxes I didn't open and one of the guys there thought it looked funny so he asked if I wanted it.

I know several stores that seem to get variants in every couple of weeks, but variants are not a guarantee to arrive at any store. That being said, the problem is not as widespread of an issue as people make it out to be. But I'm definitely not saying that it doesn't happen.
---
Unique Character roster:
#45 Posted: 11:51:23 06/04/2015
Every chase variant that has been bundled into these bundles have special tags on the bottom of them, over the barcode. So, technically, if you return a normal Short Cut instead of the Clear one from the bundle, you're returning the wrong item. Clear Tuff Luck, Gold/Bronze Doom Stone, and Silver/Gold Stink Bomb all have this.
---
#46 Posted: 14:21:03 06/04/2015
Interesting factoid I thought you might find interesting. I spent a few hours this weekend taking my hundreds of cards and stickers and put them into a folio / card arrangement.

Did you know that any special / rare character sticker looks the same as the original, but you can still tell them apart because there's a black "dot" somewhere on the sticker? Go back and compare Sonic Boom vs GITD Sonic Boom or Skylander and Amazon Golden Skylander or Eye Brawl and Pumpkin Eye Brawl. I'm sure the rare have the same thing going on but I haven't opened any of them yet smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:15 06/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#47 Posted: 22:18:33 06/04/2015
Anyone on here that was able to order the 2 bundles, when you receive them could you please post/PM me the UPC/SKU/Item number that's on the sticker GS places over the barcode for the clear figures? Thanks! smilie
#48 Posted: 23:48:44 06/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Interesting factoid I thought you might find interesting. I spent a few hours this weekend taking my hundreds of cards and stickers and put them into a folio / card arrangement.

Did you know that any special / rare character sticker looks the same as the original, but you can still tell them apart because there's a black "dot" somewhere on the sticker? Go back and compare Sonic Boom vs GITD Sonic Boom or Skylander and Amazon Golden Skylander or Eye Brawl and Pumpkin Eye Brawl. I'm sure the rare have the same thing going on but I haven't opened any of them yet ;)

That is interesting. I wonder if the variants from SSA did that as well.
#49 Posted: 02:54:09 07/04/2015
I'm about 99% sure SSA figures did not. I can attest Giants figures on up does this.
---
#50 Posted: 16:16:10 07/04/2015
And the pages were deleted from the website.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me